Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Watching Arino struggle so hard with Mega Man X2 just made me feel bad for him. This is really not his franchise, and he'll be in for a world of pain next episode.

Adamant fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Even though there is nothing surprising there, you still might want to spoiler tag that because it's from an episode that's not subbed.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The next game Arino will be playing is a game with a girl as a protagonist

Fans seem to be speculating that it's Attack Animal Gakuen.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Arino should find a game to play where he gets to pet something. ^^

The altered beast episode gave me the urge to play it again myself, sad that I only have the PC engine version, which isn't that bad but the Genesis one is obviously the superior choice.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adamant posted:

Tomb Raider

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Eien no Filena

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Touhou

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Jill of the Jungle

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Please, Kan, if there's anything in the world I suddenly wanted more I'm not sure what it is.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Woof. The original Tomb Raider is completely unplayable in this day and age. It's not the right kind of bullshit for this show.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Mister Chief posted:

Woof. The original Tomb Raider is completely unplayable in this day and age. It's not the right kind of bullshit for this show.

Saturn Tomb Raiders, just to add insult to injury.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I played the original TR just last year and had a good time with it, it's nowhere near the worst game he's played on the show. But it ain't gonna be TR anyway so whatever.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

putting my money down on Lost Word of Jenny

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mister Chief posted:

I was gonna disagree, but then I remembered the amount of crap you have to adjust to when you play that game. Like just not falling off an edge and dying requires you to hold down a "walk" button, and god help you if your finger slips because then you have to sit there helplessly and watch as Lara sprints and flings herself off a ledge. And instead of timing your jumps you have to run forward while holding down the jump button to auto-jump at the edge, then you have to remember to hold down the action button to hold your arms out or you'll miss the handhold and die.

And you have to do this over and over and over again. Eventually you get used to it but man, Arino would be miserable.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

It would take him 13 hours just to get the hang of the controls and then he'd forget everything again on day two. It could be the first 4 parter... and it would probably suck.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

I dunno, Tomb Raider's controls are heavily based on Prince of Persia's, and he's beaten both that and Flashback.

I don't think it's a good fit for the show, though. It's a pretty long game with lots of content, and as Zelda games have shown, that tends to result in so much cutting of interesting material in order to fit the "important bits" in that the episode just turns into a mess.

Adamant fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 11, 2018

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Negrostrike posted:

Saturn Tomb Raiders, just to add insult to injury.
Ugh, that game leaves a bad taste in my mouth, not the game itself but the Saturn version specifically thanks to the extremely lovely memory cards the Saturn had.

Actually have they EVER played a Saturn game on GCCX? I don't remember any being listed but I fear they may need several backups in case.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 13, 2018

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

Actually have they EVER played a Saturn game on GCCX? I don't remember any being listed but I fear they may need several backups in case.

Arino played Virtua Fighter 2 a couple episodes ago, and has previously played D and Dynamite Deka/Die Hard Arcade.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Since the GCCX Museum finally got close to me, I took a quick trip to see it. Looking forward to the Kan/Kibe talk show on the 27th.

https://imgur.com/a/Ox4nW0N

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

Since the GCCX Museum finally got close to me, I took a quick trip to see it. Looking forward to the Kan/Kibe talk show on the 27th.
Is there a service that ships products from the museum to the U.S.? I want that thermos set :)
http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1803230035/

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

cubeboy posted:

Is there a service that ships products from the museum to the U.S.? I want that thermos set :)

What thermos?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

cubeboy posted:

I want that cardboard cutout Matsui.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Mister Chief posted:

What thermos?
I believe it's this one: ステンレスタンブラー/¥2,000

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

cubeboy posted:

That's a stainless-steel cup, not a thermos, and it's so sold out they've been taking orders since they were in Nagoya.

I made my order, hit me up at vrkakaricho@gmail.com if you're serious about wanting one.

Myron posted:

I want that cardboard cutout Matsui.

It's in my apartment now, police negotiations are tense.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 15, 2018

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Adamant posted:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Eien no Filena

Negrostrike posted:

Jill of the Jungle

Pastry of the Year posted:

putting my money down on Lost Word of Jenny

Nobody got it right. It's Wonder Momo.

http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Wonder Momo on the TurboGrafx-16.

Edit - I was slow.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a way to tell where the GCCX Museum is going for any significant period into the future? I've found a couple of news releases dated 2.5 weeks before the next tour stop that just say "After Tokyo, Nagoya!" and "After Nagoya, Sendai!" Then where? Maybe I have to check again in early June, 2.5 weeks before the Sendai run is slated to end.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

Is there a way to tell where the GCCX Museum is going for any significant period into the future? I've found a couple of news releases dated 2.5 weeks before the next tour stop that just say "After Tokyo, Nagoya!" and "After Nagoya, Sendai!" Then where? Maybe I have to check again in early June, 2.5 weeks before the Sendai run is slated to end.

Hakata is next, starting in June. Sendai and Hakata don't have the Abe Cafeteria though.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201803/09153383.html

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Is there some sort of story/background to this that I missed out on from not knowing Japanese? If not... That was pretty creepy. lol.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I think it's just Arino being goofy with babies. He's done it before.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joem83 posted:

Is there some sort of story/background to this that I missed out on from not knowing Japanese? If not... That was pretty creepy. lol.

Producer Ishida (Fight! Kacho Fighter! singer) had a baby and Arino made it cry for laughs. He did it several times during the Kumamoto charity visit too.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Pretty sure if you sucked on the face of someones baby on American TV you'd end up having a conversation with Chris Hansen from Dateline's to Catch a Predator :cop:

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

joem83 posted:

Pretty sure if you sucked on the face of someones baby on American TV you'd end up having a conversation with Chris Hansen from Dateline's to Catch a Predator :cop:

This is gross. Don't be gross.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

I have 3 children. The thought of someone doing that to one of them was truly horrifying to me, sorry! :shrug:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Context matters!

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

I like how Arino is such a child at heart, but never fails to make a baby cry. The montage at the end of the Shikoku challenge was especially great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's Yoiko's latest video, they played a couple of indie games (Humans Fall Flat and Celeste):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unqxta2qRsc

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

The next game is going to be a game whose title consists of 3 kanji

Yakochu seems to be a popular guess, and I'd quite like to see him play that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's Yoiko's latest video, they played a couple of indie games (Humans Fall Flat and Celeste):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unqxta2qRsc

Oh man, this is great. I'd love to see these subbed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Adamant posted:

The next game is going to be a game whose title consists of 3 kanji

Yakochu seems to be a popular guess, and I'd quite like to see him play that.

Contra! :haw:

I remember being surprised to learn that the Japanese name was 魂斗羅. Pronounced the same, though.