Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

schweens posted:

Good poo poo. I love watching stuff like this. That King of Hill/Silver Surfer thing is so good.

Let me know if anyone finds the full tapes of the Mr Rogers specials about nuclear war from back in the day.

Is this it: https://youtu.be/8IKRy21_TIc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

That's one part but it was a week-long series. As far as I know the others aren't online but it's been years since I've heard about it. People are always finding more and more things that were supposedly lost.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
A couple more

1. A huge chunk of full episodes of MTV's Liquid Television: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37hngv

2. The whole series of The Maxx from MTV: https://vimeo.com/61849938

3. The very first day of MTV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBf0yJVMSzI

4. A ton of old commercials from 1989: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God of war is amazing

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

OldTennisCourt posted:

A couple more

1. A huge chunk of full episodes of MTV's Liquid Television: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37hngv

2. The whole series of The Maxx from MTV: https://vimeo.com/61849938

3. The very first day of MTV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBf0yJVMSzI

4. A ton of old commercials from 1989: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

I loved the Maxx when I was a young adult way back then. Both the comic and the tv series. Shame it didn’t go further. One of the few 1990s comics that I think aged well.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is it just me or does Super Mario 3D Land actually control a lot better than 3D World?

Like, with SM3DW, there was an inherent floatiness and input lag in the controls that I never got used to, whereas I’m playing SM3DL and idk if it’s just that the 3DS doesn’t have input lag, but the difference is extraordinary and Mario feels so much better in that, idk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I haven't had a non 3DS nintendo console since the gamecube but I agree with you based on 3D land being very good and the best mario handheld since sml 2

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Venomous posted:

Is it just me or does Super Mario 3D Land actually control a lot better than 3D World?

Like, with SM3DW, there was an inherent floatiness and input lag in the controls that I never got used to, whereas I’m playing SM3DL and idk if it’s just that the 3DS doesn’t have input lag, but the difference is extraordinary and Mario feels so much better in that, idk

You might want to look into buying a better TV. Something about your setup is severely hosed if you're noticing input lag in any Mario game.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched tampopo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

God of war is amazing

Pillars of eternity 2 is also amazing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikeguy posted:

Pillars of eternity 2 is also amazing.

This, and I’m only an hour in. It’s everything a sequel should be - cleaner, faster, new-but-familiar plot and setting

Points for Obsidian putting in a keyword system during conversations so you can mouse over and get a definition of the highlighted word!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Holy poo poo, Liquid Television WASN'T just a fever dream of my youth :stare:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
First day of my new job went pretty well, was basically just me watching training videos and doing little quizzes

There was some tension caused because the company is opening a new store over in another town about half an hour away, and they are wanting me to go help setup(even though I haven't even finished my training yet), made all the more awkward because I can't drive, and the store is too far away for either my mom or step-dad to drive me either, luckily my manager is very understanding and is looking into some solutions for this(either by having another employee give me a ride to said store, or by getting another employee to do it instead)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah I'm having lots of fun with PoE 2, only just made it to the first real big city and I'm enjoying popping around there.

Going rogue/cipher multiclass for my player character probably wasn't the wisest move since on paper I have wild damage multipliers on sneak attack and it's super easy to get it for the character, but he dies to a stiff wind and my healers can't keep up. I haven't quite nailed getting good health/defense buffs and healing over time on him yet, now that I have the full companion set to play around with I should be in better shape.

I also think it's going to pay off more down the line since I tend to build up lots of cipher energy but not have a big effect to pull off with it, so for now I have buyer's remorse for not taking the subclass that makes you a temporary super saiyan when you max out cipher focus but weakens you a bit outside of it, but once I can dump 50+ energy into big impactful spells it should run smoother.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i noticed the pacing of the companion system feels weird if you stick to the big city and do everything there. But it's good

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i am playing through poe2 to get achievements, because my save import is bugged and i don't have the baby i stole in 1.

i am playing a druid/cipher which is fine, i don't really care about the combat in the game much. if anyone knows another class that works better with druid, please tell me.

i like Xoti's accent a lot. i really don't like how ship combat works and i hope that there is a mod that just gets rid of it entirely because it's not fun and so abstract that it doesn't feel like ship combat at all.

but i really want my Orlan baby and i don't remember enough about what i did in 1 to know if other things are incorrect.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was worried about my import but I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet. good thing i don't give a hell about orlans!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Have to put my dog down tomorrow, been knowing about this for a while has and enlarged heart, heart murmurs, cataracts, glaucoma, and bad kidney but damned if I’m not a mess about it, and get to explain to two toddlers about why their dog isn’t around anymore

Give your pets a hug everyone

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The talk of Pillars 2 makes me want to do the Pillars 1 DLC (which I didn't do since I had beaten the game long before it came out) and finish up Tyranny. Does the Pillars 1 DLC work even when you've already beaten the game? Does anything in it effect the export to Pillars 2?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

We had to put down our dog a couple months back as well; he had stomach cancer that spread to the liver. Doctors gave him about a month at most; he made it about a week before the pain was too much for him. :( At least he made it to his birthday that weekend. My dad in particular was really broken up about losing him, enough that we ended up getting ourselves a new dog this past weekend. He, much like our dearly departed one, is an incredibly good boy, and I hope we can hang onto him for a good long while.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Do it ironically posted:

Have to put my dog down tomorrow, been knowing about this for a while has and enlarged heart, heart murmurs, cataracts, glaucoma, and bad kidney but damned if I’m not a mess about it, and get to explain to two toddlers about why their dog isn’t around anymore

Give your pets a hug everyone

i'm sorry to hear about your dog, Do it ironically. it is never easy, but it's good that you will be there with your dog at the end. his heart is enlarged probably from all the love you have given him over the years, if that makes you feel better. but i could also see how it would make you feel guilty. even though it is painful, you are doing a good thing for your buddy.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Thanks you two, it’s tough, was a great 13 years I guess that’s life if every great thing lasted forever you’d never know it was great, it’s funny how pets become a literal part of your family

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good boys and girls deserve the best, and that includes a peaceful end.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Cavauro posted:

I was worried about my import but I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet. good thing i don't give a hell about orlans!

I'm not importing but I did make a custom history, and it's been weirdly inconsistent or not detailed enough. I told it that I had Pellegrina not follow her orders, then I get to the city and her boss is like "you did such a good job with your orders last time, so keep that up." I also went with a pledge to 2 gods and did a soul distribution option that sounded like what both wanted, and then one told me I betrayed them. So some kinks to be worked out I guess, I'll probably go with one of the presets next time through since it does seem to change dialogue and companion details a very respectable amount.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

TTBF posted:

The talk of Pillars 2 makes me want to do the Pillars 1 DLC (which I didn't do since I had beaten the game long before it came out) and finish up Tyranny. Does the Pillars 1 DLC work even when you've already beaten the game? Does anything in it effect the export to Pillars 2?

You might have to load up a PoE 1 save from before you head into the final dungeon if you want to do the White March. I think there is a point of no return before you descend.

And agreement on Xoti. Laura Bailey is a drat treasure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TTBF posted:

Your game will have automatically generated a save just before you made the leap of faith to enter the final dungeon. You can use it to leave the Isle and access the expansion content, then return to the same point and make the leap of faith all over again with your new weapons, items, armor, companions etc and just trounce the gently caress out of Thaos with your overpowered self (the game does offer an option to level up to match your new status, too).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't load an old rear end save where you don't really feel connected to it anymore and start the white march. it's good content and will feel less good if you do it that way. Just replay PoE one day in the future and do the expansion stuff when you're like level 12 or something. I don't remember exactly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I supposed to be fair I played the White March DLC basically the second it became available (same for the second half) so the base game was still fairly fresh in my mind.

The White March really is a fantastic step up from the base game too, I enjoyed it so much.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont care for obsidian trowback rpgs, kickstart alpha protocol 2 GOD DAMMIT

Takuan
May 6, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

A couple more

Man, Liquid Television was the poo poo. I used to stay up way too late on Sundays and make myself exhausted at school the next day just to watch it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Takuan posted:

Man, Liquid Television was the poo poo. I used to stay up way too late on Sundays and make myself exhausted at school the next day just to watch it.

My friend swore up and down Aeon Flux was absolutely amazing and I needed to watch it, which I did when I slept over his house one night.

Pretty much my reactions was...

"What is Aeon Flux?"

"Who is Aeon Flux?"

..."WHY is Aeon Flux?!?"

For my high school brain it was a case "of I know this is good but I can't quantify why! Oh my God, this show has me using the word 'quantify!'"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Do It Ironically I’m real sorry about your dog. Taking my old boy to be put to sleep was one of the worst things I’ve ever had to do in my life. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you’re doing right by him, by not making him suffer any more than he had to.

It’ll take awhile, but the memories will slowly turn from bitter to bittersweet (for reference, it took about 6 months before I could look at pictures of my old dog)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this is an official general wcw post, jericho and dean malenko's feud is so so so so good. both of them play their parts so well, dean's reputation for not having a personality is put to the test as crowds are hot as hell for him to kick jericho's rear end. jericho as a cocky young heel is the best, if wcw had to be obsessed with contracts and rules from jj dillon, jericho made it way more fun than most, and he is seriously just laying into dean with the promos. oh and they're both great wrestlers so they have great ring chemistry go figure.

e: oh and it's happening at the same time as eddie and chavo's feud, where eddie corrupts his little nephew and creates a monster even he cannot control. another great feud. man, nitro.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 11, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont post about wrestling in this thread please and thank you

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

DoctorGonzo posted:

But ok i Guess, im not a.mod

which one is it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
both

the segment when jericho received a letter from Ted Turner was good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wrestling is gay

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DoctorGonzo posted:

gotcha i was taking an educated risk, but now i know.

uhhhhhhhhhhh i just remembered i had banana peppers in my fridge when i was making this frozen pizza and my lunch is exponentially better. hope yall are having a good chowtime.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Let's discuss how Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis.

:::clears throat:::

I think Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis. Thoughts anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

gotcha i was taking an educated risk, but now i know.

uhhhhhhhhhhh i just remembered i had banana peppers in my fridge when i was making this frozen pizza and my lunch is exponentially better. hope yall are having a good chowtime.
I'm currently enjoying some chili chicken and naan from a nearby Indian joint :feelsgood: