Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: What is this dumb loving poo poo. gently caress your rear end and eat mine afterward.

because you're all babies who react like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jamwad Hilder posted:

because you're all babies who react like this

Talk poo poo get hit. You think you can go around saying that and not expect someone to chirp back?

E: Just saw this

The last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup it was right after Penguins won two Stanley Cups in a row...

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 11, 2018

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if atlanta didn't move to winnipeg there would be no vegas

hmmmm

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ovechkin is going to deliver the cup to a literal villain.

(Also so will Vegas and Tampa.)

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Vintersorg posted:

Talk poo poo get hit. You think you can go around saying that and not expect someone to chirp back?

lol you sound extremely tough online

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

a false posted:

lol you sound extremely tough online

I'm not trying to be but you can't just go around saying dumb poo poo like that and think it's ok.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
If it's Vegas-Caps I hope Neal gives Wilson a few elbow sandwiches.

Anyways:

1) Vegas - the Mafster, James "Elbows" Neal, and an expansion team winning is funny.

2) Tampa - They're kinda boring in terms of personalities but they play an exciting brand of hockey

3) Caps - I guess OV winning would be cool.

4) Peg - Nothing against the team but the Canadian media would be insufferable if a Canadian team won

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

I'm not trying to be but you can't just go around saying dumb poo poo like that and think it's ok.

I never thought I'd empty quote a post like this but here we are

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

lmao that happens a million times a day in SAS in reference to every team and fanbase and city and country

Proper List of Who Should Win, In Order of Preference:

Knights
Jets/Bolts
Thanos
Caps

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Schlesische posted:

The Knights bandwagon is the worst thing since the Pens bandwagon.

Only 3 of us post here!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The main downside to the Knights winning would be Luca Sbisa - Stanley Cup Champion being a thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Eh, I get that when making GBS threads on a teams city/fans. But then saying gently caress Canada and everyone it. Nah.

HookShot posted:

The main downside to the Knights winning would be Luca Sbisa - Stanley Cup Champion being a thing.

Please no.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
The knights jets series is going to loving rule

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
I am a bitter and cynical shell of a human so if the Caps don't win I don't want anyone else to either because I don't want any of you fuckers to feel happiness if I can't.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

Vintersorg posted:

:lol: What is this dumb loving poo poo. gently caress your rear end and eat mine afterward.

1. Jets.
2. Caps
3. Bolts
4. Knights

Why the gently caress would you pull Rinne after 2 goals, even if they were soft - it's not hard to come back after that. That decision basically hosed the Preds to lose.

I was pretty shocked that they did that too... Poor Saros haha

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Canada is cool because it's like America Lite. Everyone up there moves and thinks a little slower and that makes them friendlier, like a nice puppy. Not to mention they all talk like lovable cartoon people. Canadians don't have those rough edges that Americans have from dealing with and fixing all the problems around the world.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Vintersorg posted:

Eh, I get that when making GBS threads on a teams city/fans. But then saying gently caress Canada and everyone it. Nah.

your weird overreaction to my 100% Serious Post in which I said Winnipeg should lose because "gently caress Canada" is definitely not helping confirm my opinion that Canadian hockey fans (who I hope all get MURDERED by the way!!!) have a tendency to be over-sensitive and obnoxious when it's playoffs time

glynnenstein posted:

Canada is cool because it's like America Lite. Everyone up there moves and thinks a little slower and that makes them friendlier, like a nice puppy. Not to mention they all talk like lovable cartoon people. Canadians don't have those rough edges that Americans have from dealing with and fixing all the problems around the world.

Canada whips rear end. It's like America but cheaper, and there are less things to buy, but also people are slightly nicer. I like visiting there.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

the problem with canadians is that lots of us bite on very garbage tier troll posts.

why would I care if an Appalachian dirt farmer makes fun of my country?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I actually like Ovechkin and the Capitals but I hope they lose because this is perfect and I hope it stays like this forever:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

:five:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao at anyone who takes jamwads trolling seriously

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HookShot posted:

:bisonyes:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My time has come. :toxx:

Jets fans, create me a username/avatar combo and I will buy it and keep it until next season starts.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

HookShot posted:

This is going to happen, because last year was Ron Hainsey - Stanley Cup Champion.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

hmmm....

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

JawKnee posted:

The knights jets series is going to loving rule

:yeah:

V G K

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DJExile posted:

Lmao at anyone who takes jamwads trolling seriously

for real

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I agree with gently caress Jamwad fake rear end pretend caps fan cheerin for the broons til the caps finally arise from the dumpster

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

1. Washington - obvious reasons.
2. Vegas - I don't really hate MAF or McPhee as much as most Capitals fans, and I really like Nate Schmidt.
3. Winnipeg - don't really care if the Canadian media goes full "are sport" or not. Also I like Matty Perreault and Big Buff kicks rear end.
4. Tampa Bay - I live in Tampa and while their fans are perfectly fine I enjoy being around other people's misery.

Honestly since Pittsburgh won't three-peat I am going to be content with most outcomes.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

heeheex2 posted:

I agree with gently caress Jamwad fake rear end pretend caps fan cheerin for the broons til the caps finally arise from the dumpster

excuse me but you can go through the archives and easily confirm that I've also always been a Caps fan

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

My order of preference is:
Capitals - I want OV to win a Cup so bad, and also I live here and it would be nice to get to take a day off of work if they win to go to a parade and get drunk
Knights - Expansion team winning in year 1 would be pretty funny and piss off a lot of people
Lightning - I don't really have any feelings for or against this team, they just sort of exist.
Jets - gently caress Canadian teams and their fans

this is 100% correct

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vegas
Tampa
Washington

Jets... because Canada and all Canadians are dumb

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Based on morning skate it looks like Backstrom is out tonight and Burakovsky is in, likely on the third line. Holtby's probably gonna have to steal this one for Washington because I can't see Washington carrying the play without Backstrom.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Jets... because Canada and all Canadians are dumb

In Canada, can confirm.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

Based on morning skate it looks like Backstrom is out tonight and Burakovsky is in, likely on the third line. Holtby's probably gonna have to steal this one for Washington because I can't see Washington carrying the play without Backstrom.

Either Holtby has to steal the game or they'll need Tampa to take a dozen penalties or so, and Ovechkin scores on 3 or 4 of those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tampa penalties?

Well, rip Washington.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Like, if we're talking about Albertans - then yeah, Canada loving sucks.

E: I was an rear end in a top hat earlier, sorry.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Wait till you hear my opinions on Canadian beer. :smug:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

bizarre deformity posted:

My time has come. :toxx:

Jets fans, create me a username/avatar combo and I will buy it and keep it until next season starts.

I'm not a Jets fan but I have some ideas.

WINNIPEG JETS #44

As merry as the days were long
I was right and you were wrong
back at the old grey school
I would win and you would lose
:smith:

BIG BUFF MAN

This man said "it's gruesome that someone so handsome should care"
He knows so much about these things
:smith:

There's a really bad joke in here.

edit: Here's another avatar, if you want to take the joke a bit further and keep a Pred in there.

Grow up, be a man, and close your mealy-mouth!

That's Craig Smith and Josh Morrissey.

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Luca Sbisa is going to score the Cup winning goal and Canucks fans are going to lose their poo poo

• Locked thread