Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm looking forward to Rivals of Aether, BBTag, Blade Strangers, the GGXX ultimate edition, practically anything on Switch since all it has right now is some SNK games which are good and all, but only so many times I can play Garou and '99. Also Brawlout is possibly the worst Smash clone or even fighting game in general I've ever played holy poo poo, I've never played a fg that felt so loving bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can’t wait to be welcomed back to the stage of history.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
honestly i can't get any of the smash clones straight, which one was the one that they announced last e3 that had like 3mil in VC funding

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The year is 2048. Ed boons ghost announces mk xxvi. Gamerz go wild

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

mango sentinel posted:

I think 50 base for $40. Another $40 for 8 more though lol.

Those sons of bitches don't care how many Rock Howard and Blue Mary fans they hurt. :lol:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

The year is 2048. Ed boons ghost announces mk xxvi. Gamerz go wild

I will not buy it because I have still never forgiven them for mk xviii when Scorpion was not on the cover.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I will not buy it because I have still never forgiven them for mk xviii when Scorpion was not on the cover.

They should do what they did with Deception and make every single version of the game have a different person on the cover.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

The BBTAG dlc stuff looks kinda over the top tho, guess they're cashing in on all the rwby fans?

There's two RWBY dlc characters announced, but they're both going to be free at launch. So is Orie from UNI, for a short time at launch apparently.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'll be honest with you all, Blazblue has always just been "Bad Guilty Gear" to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yardbomb posted:

I'll be honest with you all, Blazblue has always just been "Bad Guilty Gear" to me.

Its gg with absurdly low damage and bad music, 2 things tag might have improved but i havent played it yet cause lol at preordering

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tag has absurd damage at least from what I've seen which makes it tempting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Tag has absurd damage at least from what I've seen which makes it tempting.

Noice.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Its gg with absurdly low damage and bad music, 2 things tag might have improved but i havent played it yet cause lol at preordering

From what I've seen and played ( though I've played little) damage seems really high for a game with no rounds. Music is just music from Blazblue, Persona, and UNIST though, don't know if they added songs for RWBY and I won't be able to check for a while, maybe not until the free demo.

The game seems pretty good but it controls really really weird, like jab is universally bound to 4A instead of 5A which is a little thing but it throws me off, and most attacks are bound to just A and B. Character movesets feel stripped down but you can call assists basically all the time so that mostly makes up for it (which will probably also make zoners really tough to deal with). The character interactions seem universally awkward and stilted if that's something you care about, so episode mode will probably be... interesting. It's good to hear english Ragna again though.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZDSoyBKC88

I mean, not all the BB music is as good as GG music, but I loving love tager's theme

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BB's music doesn't match up to XX's but it beats Xrd cleanly.

Actually, that works as a general metric, not just music.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

BB music is less consistently good than GG but there's still some really good ones in there. I really like Hibiki's theme, however I am not a music person so I do not know if it is "objectively" good.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

BB music is less consistently good than GG but there's still some really good ones in there. I really like Hibiki's theme, however I am not a music person so I do not know if it is "objectively" good.

I agree, GGX heavy rock arrange (what they used on the Dreamcast and PS2 iterations) and XX are GOAT level good game soundtracks to me. Xrd is fine but kind of blah. BB does have a couple of really good tracks but the overall thing just sounds more generic to me.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

As someone who basically started anime fighting games with BlazBlue, I generally prefer its music to XX, but not by much. They're both excellent. Xrd is kinda hit-or-miss, but there's some real gems.

Cross Tag Battle is fun so far. The game might be kinda busted, but it's fun, so hopefully it's still playable once everything gets figured out. It seems kinda Persona-like in that regard right now, so hopefully it stays that way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buttrock or gtfo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The beta should go public today yeah? Or does that start tomorrow

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'll try BBxTB during it's open beta to see whether I like it or not.

I feel that I will either love it or hate it.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

BB's music doesn't match up to XX's but it beats Xrd cleanly.

Actually, that works as a general metric, not just music.

Xrd has two amazing songs, three or four really good songs, and everything else is mediocre at best. It's crazy considering how XX and X2 had such incredible soundtracks.

I read someone's post a while ago that nailed the comparison to me. X's soundtrack sounds like you are listening to a great niche rock band, everything feels passionate, personal, and while some of it is flawed it's in a charming way. In contrast, Xrd is overproduced like a film score composed by comittee.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 11, 2018

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

In Training posted:

The beta should go public today yeah? Or does that start tomorrow

I believe it's public on switch right now and goes public on PS4 tomorrow. Bear in mind that you can only do 2-player versus on PS4, and only if you preordered.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought this weekend it was a network test with functioning online?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Crocoswine posted:

the inclusion of RWBY actively makes me want to play it less

my terrible life is now worse than it was a few months ago because i now know what rbwy is thanks to blazblu cross rbwy

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

In Training posted:

I thought this weekend it was a network test with functioning online?

Upon double checking it looks like online play will be accessible to all, and it's just local versus that's restricted to pre-orders. Seems bizarre, but whatever.

Edit: Oh I think I see where the confusion came from now. I meant that the 2-player versus mode is exclusive to PS4, not that it was the only mode available on PS4.

Zinkraptor fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 11, 2018

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neo Rasa posted:

Those sons of bitches don't care how many Rock Howard and Blue Mary fans they hurt. :lol:

You can buy them a la carte at $6 each if you just want one or two.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I'm going to buy bbctb even though the dlc model offends me. every person has their price and mine is a single rwby character

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zand posted:

I'm going to buy bbctb even though the dlc model offends me. every person has their price and mine is a single rwby character

pls do not sacrifice your ideals for lovely rooster teeth anime characters

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I'll defend probably too much of bb but i honestly couldn't name a single music track, i usually turn their volume to 0. They're fitting as generic high pace background filler but not really memorable beyond that.

Granted, i mute GGs music as well to play my own in the background instead, so that might just be me

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
catus carnival

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goooooodbye Tuesday train

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm really ambivalent on most BlazBlue music but man, Amane's theme rips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBz-KgirCU

In Training posted:

Goooooodbye Tuesday train

I'LL BE THERE, PROUDA YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

They already made a huge pile of money off DBFZ

Actually Bamco made a lot of money off of DBFZ

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i wonder when mk11 will come out

I'm legit kind of impressed that they can hew this closely to a 2 year release cycle given the level of content in MKX.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'll try BBxTB during it's open beta to see whether I like it or not.

I feel that I will either love it or hate it.

Xrd has two amazing songs, three or four really good songs, and everything else is mediocre at best. It's crazy considering how XX and X2 had such incredible soundtracks.

I read someone's post a while ago that nailed the comparison to me. X's soundtrack sounds like you are listening to a great niche rock band, everything feels passionate, personal, and while some of it is flawed it's in a charming way. In contrast, Xrd is overproduced like a film score composed by comittee.

Xrd's music isn't composed by Daisuke, but XX's and Blazblue's are

Xrd doesn't have X-matic, Bullet Dance, Walpurgisnacht, Catus Carnival or Alexandrite so it's inferior

i want to play blazblue now

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Smoking Crow posted:

Xrd's music isn't composed by Daisuke, but XX's and Blazblue's are

Xrd doesn't have X-matic, Bullet Dance, Walpurgisnacht, Catus Carnival or Alexandrite so it's inferior

i want to play blazblue now

He did Blazblue's music? How did his music quality fall so much?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Must Die is the best song he's ever done, hardly a fall in quality.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I found someone in a lobby and we sparred for a bit pretty even on new-ish (sub 30 games) characters

and then after a while he switches to hakumen, selects MUST DIE as the match song and pulls two of the sickest (and almost synched to the music) super finishes of i've ever seen. I laughed pretty hard (and also want to learn how to play hakumen now, because drat, i havent shouted "holy poo poo" at my screen like that in a while)

maybe in another hundred hours when i can actually read my opponent well enough to parry anything

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 11, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

punk rebel ecks posted:

He stopped plagiarising his favourite hard rock and metal bands. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

punk rebel ecks posted:

Blazblue’s music is loving awesome outside of a few tracks