Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the original ipod was white therefore its canon that iphones should be white too

ipads however can be black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the best iphone color ever was graphite on the iphone 5.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i just told you i'm not inconvenienced

i mean, you can have a different feeling about men's clothing. but it's not an issue for me. i have literally ten pockets on my average daily wear.

lol do you wear cargo pants

quote:

phone cases are trashy

wrong

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

OldAlias posted:

lol do you wear cargo pants

no i wear normal clothes for a man of my age and station

jeans have five pockets, a shirt has one pocket, and a blazer has four to six

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i will confess that i sometimes wear a belt pouch to hold a lighter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

like a fanny pack?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

5c still the best looking phone of all time

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i will confess that i sometimes wear a belt pouch to hold a lighter

this is what the mini pocket on jeans is for though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hello Spaceman posted:

why bother when it's just going into a saddle brown* leather cover?

*this specific colour not because it is a fashionable or aesthetic choice, but rather since it's closest to the natural, untreated colour of leather :spergin:

not really. natural leather is more of a light tan, almost pink. the beige color they made for a bit was actually closer.

but now they make bright orange which is the best color

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dongslayer. posted:

timb ship the two tone ska fone

what’s the default ringtone on this phone?

Pickitup Pickitup Pickitup

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

jit bull transpile posted:

My coworkers keep asking me how my phone is in such good shape without a case, then I watch them jam their phones into pockets with loose keys and poo poo.

Boys, give in and start carrying satchels. Your fragile possessions will thank you.

my phone is pristine without a case because i'm not some ham fisted moron

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

You may not be aware, but I spent 26 years in men's clothes. They're not as practical as guys like to insist. You're just socialized to put up with the inconvenience for appearances sake.

idk what ur carrying but phone wallet and keys have never been a problem in 2 pants pockets. u just stick the keys in one and the wallet and phone in the other and you never have to worry about scratching. also women scratch the poo poo out of their phones when they throw them in their messy purses all the time so that wouldn't really provide any benefit

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don’t want a case, but I also refuse to not line my pockets with gravel. loving Apple.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i carry my phone in a hollowed-out bible that I cram into my oversized cargo pants pocket

worksforme

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Shaggar posted:

idk what ur carrying but phone wallet and keys have never been a problem in 2 pants pockets. u just stick the keys in one and the wallet and phone in the other and you never have to worry about scratching. also women scratch the poo poo out of their phones when they throw them in their messy purses all the time so that wouldn't really provide any benefit

it’s about not experiencing and so not knowing the advantage of purses before using one you dull shits. pants may work for you, sure, but they plainly suck for storage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah i have a bag that i use for laptop/other stuff and i would always prefer not to have it rather than have it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jony neuemonic posted:

do they not realize they have at least two pockets? phone in left, wallet and keys in right.

w-wallet in front ???????!?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

graph posted:

enjoy ur hosed up spine

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

graph posted:

*picks ur pocket*

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

graph posted:

way better, just need to buy a slim enough wallet.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
phone in left, wallet + keys in right is the objectively correct pants pockets configuration

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

anthonypants posted:

phone in left, wallet + keys in right is the objectively correct pants pockets configuration

same, but opposite

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

same, but opposite

yeah i definitely mixed up the sides but i stand by it otherwise.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
but what if the rest of your tactical EDC (every day carry) scratches your $1000 iPhone X

:ohdear:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

anthonypants posted:

this is it. this is how its done

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i spent the first ~30 years of my life carrying my wallet in my back pocket like a loving dumb rear end before I saw the light

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

but what if the rest of your tactical EDC (every day carry) scratches your $1000 iPhone X

:ohdear:

if you're EDC is just plopped into your pocket with your phone, it's not tactical. only exception is pocket sand, which should be in the non-phone pocket.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

You may not be aware, but I spent 26 years in men's clothes. They're not as practical as guys like to insist. You're just socialized to put up with the inconvenience for appearances sake.

they're practical if the wearer isnt carrying a daily carry load out with like, 5 flashlights but this concept is lost on many many men. ive always been bulk adverse so its personally not a problem

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

phone cases are trashy, and they are not a thing i have ever needed

leather case in winter for grip, and I clean and maintain it so its not trashy. literally the only time id consider one

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

same, but opposite

same

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bought a camera strap made of braided paracord and I really like it, guess it's time to go full myrtar and do some knife shopping

poty
Jun 21, 2008

you don’t need a bag for the phone the man pockets on man pants are fine

for bigger stuff i use a backpack. it seems more comfortable than a purse

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cases are essential for phones after iphone 4s due to their inferior design and substandard components

iphone 5 or later users have gotten desensitized to scratches and cracks and think that they don't need a case as a result

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
my 2.5 year old 6s has no scratches or cracks despite not being a case

if you need a case to not damage your property then that sounds like a problem with you

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
when iphone 5 and later come out of the box with scratches you really can't blame the user for such a defective product

this is to say nothing about how they bend with normal use now too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lolling at the idea that a phone bigger than a 4 is unholdable as I enjoy my 5/6/7 models with no body damage or cracked screens

about once a phone I get a small case knick after about 18~ months thats unnoticeable, and ive never broke the screens

maybe treat a $700 phone better than your $10 velcro wallet idk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the camera bump exists because iphones form the 6 on have been designed to require a case for normal use.

look at that big honking wart on the iphone x and tell me that poo poo wasn't meant to be hidden

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i use this case which has a bike mount so you can use the phone as a gps thingy. its cool. it also has an armband mount for running

https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/iphone-x/products/iphone-bike-kit-all-devices?&device=iPhone%20X&variant=663513956368

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

the camera bump exists because iphones form the 6 on have been designed to require a case for normal use.

look at that big honking wart on the iphone x and tell me that poo poo wasn't meant to be hidden
i don't really see it when i look at my phone tbqh

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

poty posted:

you don’t need a bag for the phone the man pockets on man pants are fine

for bigger stuff i use a backpack. it seems more comfortable than a purse

lol ‘man pants.’ it’s fine for SE sized phones imo. big phones no, my pockets aren’t deep. got a wallet phone case + keys as I hate carrying a load of poo poo around in my pockets. would rather smth nicer but it is v functional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ive noticed that pockets in pants at like H&M etc have gotten a lot deeper ever since huge phones became a thing