Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Milo and POTUS posted:

More MotW X-files, less touched by an angel please

This; but the opposite please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're loving kidding right

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
How about we compromise on "touched by the monster of the week"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
gently caress this company.

Lucifer is cancelled.

https://twitter.com/tomellis17/status/995028161732759554

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Sigh. Fox is really making GBS threads the bed more than usual this year.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The way it's been going that's probably a mercy killing

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Given the mishandling of this season, I can see why, but season 4 could have really turned things around. I guess we can all get excited for more Last Man Standing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Can’t wait to see what cookie cutter talent show competition they replace it with.

Maybe a show called Fat Grandmas, hosted by a dead dog or something.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It sucks but after this past season it's not all that shocking.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
dammit. I'd have been thrilled for an 11 episode season 4
I really think they could tell a better story.
Also,
https://twitter.com/Henderson_Joe/status/995030502661808129

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Given the mishandling of this season, I can see why, but season 4 could have really turned things around.

Could it have?

Did Moonlighting get better after David and Madelyn finally broke the sexual tension and did what we all were wondering if they'd ever do?

gently caress, I'm old.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

tarlibone posted:

Did Moonlighting get better after David and Madelyn finally broke the sexual tension and did what we all were wondering if they'd ever do?

No. No, It did not.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Aleph Null posted:

dammit. I'd have been thrilled for an 11 episode season 4
I really think they could tell a better story.
Also,
https://twitter.com/Henderson_Joe/status/995030502661808129
I don't get this line of thinking. Sure, delayed gratification can work, but putting a show on a holding pattern for an entire season and then promising that the next season will be awesome seems like the perfect way to not get to make that season. loving hell, just escalate poo poo, how hard can it be.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

tarlibone posted:

Could it have?

gently caress, I'm old.

Moonlighting didn't have a framework where one of the pair would have to acclimate to wanting to bone the literal devil, and the other of the pair had a supernatural beef with god

But yeah, I can't say I'm surprised after this season. gently caress FOX anyhow

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tarlibone posted:

Could it have?

gently caress, I'm old.

Moonlighting's problems were writer strikes and the fact that the leads hated each other

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I just hope Tom Ellis ends up in something good after this.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't get this line of thinking. Sure, delayed gratification can work, but putting a show on a holding pattern for an entire season and then promising that the next season will be awesome seems like the perfect way to not get to make that season. loving hell, just escalate poo poo, how hard can it be.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah a bunch of people I know, myself including, don't have the time or patience for shows that never go anywhere. I understand there are people who want the opposite (in this very thread someone said they only wanted the procedural part of the show) but it doesn't surprise me that Lucifer got cancelled at all.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Wife and I are seriously considering skipping the final episode if it is going to be a dumb rear end cliffhanger.
The penultimate episode had Amenadiel regain his confidence and his wings, had Charlotte sacrifice herself with a selfless act saving her soul, had Dan get to spend some time with a woman he loved and then lose her tragically, Lucifer finally confessing his love to Chloe and her reciprocating it, Cain with no mark, and revealed that Maze still cared about the humans regardless of what she told herself.
Like, there it is. I'm good with that.

gently caress cliffhangers.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

They've cancelled all their "liberal" TV shows and are bringing back Tim Allen's Last Man Standing, due to the idea that the popularity of the Roseanne reboot shows that everyone who watches TV in the USA now is super conservative.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Well, I was going to catch up on this show but it's been cancelled, so...nevermind?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thanks for sharing!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

My stomach sank as soon as I saw that this thread had sprouted 19 new posts overnight.

It's worth mentioning that the very next tweet says that the finale is the best writing he's ever done for the show; and it does wrap up the season nicely - the cliffhanger is setting up for what would have been the next season.

Honestly I think Lucifer was doomed from the start by virtue of being a show on Fox. I hope someone else picks it up. it deserved so much better. At least Gotham has survived so far. And if Lucifer died so that Gotham could live then I honestly don't mind. I just hope Tom Ellis gets into something good - preferably with more singing.

You know, almost every show I've ever watched that was canceled unfairly soon has been on Fox. gently caress Fox.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 12, 2018

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

At least Gotham has survived so far.

For now. Apparently it's a fight between it and Lethal Weapon. If the latter show can get its act together and cast a new Riggs, then Gotham's cancelled.

: (

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How do I cancel Fox cause the gently caress even is the point of having it as a channel anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I cancel Fox cause the gently caress even is the point of having it as a channel anymore

My man, have you considered sports?

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I was afraid that this might be the last season and it gets canceled. I am sad to hear that's happening, I hope it can get picked up somewhere else but who knows. I'd like to see more of Tom Ellis.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There's a mild ray of hope out there. Brooklyn 99 got renewed for a 6th season after some outpouring from the fans, so we can hope they listen to the lucifer fans as well.

Best idea I heard today was a mail in campaign like what they did for Jericho, but with douches :haw:

I'm pissed the show is cancelled, but I'm not surprised since this is Fox and they hate anything I like to watch.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There's a mild ray of hope out there. Brooklyn 99 got renewed for a 6th season after some outpouring from the fans, so we can hope they listen to the lucifer fans as well.

Best idea I heard today was a mail in campaign like what they did for Jericho, but with douches :haw:

I'm pissed the show is cancelled, but I'm not surprised since this is Fox and they hate anything I like to watch.

I hadn’t heard about Brooklyn 99 being renewed?

I’m going to be pissed off if I don’t get a few more years of Gotham culminating in Mazouz donning the actual Batman suit for a season. He’s been great.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some of the cast and I think the show runners just announced it on twitter.

I haven't watched Gotham. Batman before Batman seems kinda dumb to me, but if people dig it, I'm more than happy to let em watch it. Ya gotta let people enjoy things.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Some of the cast and I think the show runners just announced it on twitter.

I haven't watched Gotham. Batman before Batman seems kinda dumb to me, but if people dig it, I'm more than happy to let em watch it. Ya gotta let people enjoy things.

The initial premise was a show focused on detective Gordon; with Bruce Wayne as a minor character; but At some point they just went full crazy and started featuring Bruce more. At this point he’s already fighting crime in a costume; and they’ve got Ras Al Gul and poo poo.

The show went from a lame first season to completely bonkers in the most amazing way.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

The Lord Bude posted:

I hadn’t heard about Brooklyn 99 being renewed?

I’m going to be pissed off if I don’t get a few more years of Gotham culminating in Mazouz donning the actual Batman suit for a season. He’s been great.
NBC is picking up B99.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Can’t they organise a buy 1 get one half price deal or something?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Open Source Idiom posted:

For now. Apparently it's a fight between it and Lethal Weapon. If the latter show can get its act together and cast a new Riggs, then Gotham's cancelled.

: (

What the hell I hadn't heard about Lethal Weapon and that cluster, jesus

Fox is really making GBS threads the bed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Can’t they organise a buy 1 get one half price deal or something?

different company has the rights. DC might want to pick it up to put it on their crap streaming platform maybe? :confused: I don't know if Lucifer has a following big enough.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I'd love for them to figure out a way post cancelation of getting Lucifer on Legends of Tommorow. Kind of like Constantine he would be a great fit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

frgildan posted:

I'd love for them to figure out a way post cancelation of getting Lucifer on Legends of Tommorow. Kind of like Constantine he would be a great fit.

That would be amazing.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

To be honest a more faithful adaptation of the comic with Tom Ellis still as Lucifer would probably be great. He's got the chops for 'suave supernatural rebel.'

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 12, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's a great actor. I sincerely doubt a more accurate version is ever going to make it to network tv though.

Netflix or hbo maybe?

The real pisser about this is going to be the million moms group taking credit via their boycott of Olive garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wasn’t the movie Constantine the Lucifer story we actually wanted? I thought so

• Locked thread