Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

I "like" Vegas well enough but I don't want them to win because their ownership is Real Bad, but all owners are billionaire scum so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Canada full of the dumbies eh?

*watches Donald Trump on tv*

Ohhh...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

did you really fall for this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Stretch Marx posted:

Canada full of the dumbies eh?

*watches Donald Trump on tv*

Ohhh...

The overlap of dumbies who voted for Trump and people who like hockey in the USA pretty much only reside in Michigan.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jets, because of the bullshit endured for over 2 decades, and the proxy suffering of Phoenix and Atlanta.

Then Caps, Knights, Bolts

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The overlap of dumbies who voted for Trump and people who like hockey in the USA pretty much only reside in Michigan.

Yeah I'm sure all the Blues, Jackets, and Pens fans are totally well adjusted individuals.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
The experts at ESPN have weighed in and the Caps are a mortal lock

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

ya I bet Trump Voters are a real small percentage of the total population of "American Fans of Relatively Niche Rich White Guy Sport"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Stretch Marx posted:

Yeah I'm sure all the Blues, Jackets, and Pens fans are totally well adjusted individuals.

St. Louis is a baseball city and Columbus is a football city. I totally forgot about Pennsylvania, though.

This stupid country. :sigh:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

all of america sucks actually

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

yellowcar posted:

At least our teams are better at hockey.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

At least our teams are better at hockey.

maybe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hockey* is the 3rd most popular sport in the world.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

here is my order of preference for cup winners:

1. Capitals
2. American Hero Nate Schmidt
3. Perfect Boy Mathieu Perreault
4. Stamkos I guess?

thanks for reading

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Glambags posted:

I "like" Vegas well enough but I don't want them to win because their ownership is Real Bad, but all owners are billionaire scum so w/e

For sure, at least everything was privately financed though 🤷‍♂️

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sedative posted:

The experts at ESPN have weighed in and the Caps are a mortal lock

Oh how I used to love these charts in seasons past when it was nothing but Capitals Capitals Capitals.

:allears:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It’s me. I’m the worst fan.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Technically the Jets have waited longest for a cup, so you might think they deserve it more, but they also did have a winning history in the WHA and won 3 Avco cups there. But no one gives a poo poo about beating the Aeros, Nordiques, and Oilers w/baby Gretzky.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I want Washington to win so we can get a photo op of Ovie and Putin with the Cup

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

clean ayers act posted:

I want Washington to win so we can get a photo op of Ovie and Putin and Trump colluding with the Cup

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Got my free street party tickets cause I'll actually be in Winnipeg this weekend while a game is on

There's actual game tickets available but I am too poor to afford $317/ticket for nosebleeds

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DariusLikewise posted:

Got my free street party tickets cause I'll actually be in Winnipeg this weekend while a game is on

There's actual game tickets available but I am too poor to afford $317/ticket for nosebleeds

Playoff tickets are so badly priced.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

I wonder if they will actually be able to limit it to 22 000 people. Six PM start on a Saturday and it's supposed to be nice weather.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

$1400 / 2 for row 1 beside players bench. Nah.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

HookShot posted:

The main downside to the Knights winning would be Luca Sbisa - Stanley Cup Champion being a thing.

This would be great because...

Number19 posted:

Luca Sbisa is going to score the Cup winning goal and Canucks fans are going to lose their poo poo

...and then, on his day with the Cup, Sbisa will bring it to Jawknee's old restaurant and, red-faced and wild-eyed, demand to show it to that one guy who told him he sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Sbisa wins it's only fair you let him punch you in the face, JawKnee.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Loqieu posted:

Technically the Jets have waited longest for a cup, so you might think they deserve it more, but they also did have a winning history in the WHA and won 3 Avco cups there. But no one gives a poo poo about beating the Aeros, Nordiques, and Oilers w/baby Gretzky.

:confused: The Coyotes missed the playoffs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Sbisa getting a Cup before the Canucks would be very funny honestly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reeves is on the cup because of last year, right?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not much for nationalism so I tend to reject the notion of Canada's Team™. However the Jets seem to have some good hockey players that know how to play some exciting hockey. The fact that it enrages Americans to have a franchise that resides in Canada this late in the playoffs is just icing on the cake.

1. Caps - Ovi deserves a cup damnit. :(
2. Jets - The team used to be dumb but their young blood is cool.
3. Bolts - They already got a cup, but it was awhile ago, and the way these guys are steamrolling, they deserve it.
4. Vegas - Went in liking the Unprecedented Expansion Champions™, but it's getting old and gently caress giving Bettman any excuse to think he did a good thing. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he was traded in the last offseason.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So who's Rinne going to be playing for next year?

Tampa is going to win the Cup but all four remaining teams are cool and good.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
4 teams of good boys who could all win the cup and I’d be okay.

But I picked the Jets to win, so:

1. Jets
2.-4. No.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Let’s go Tampa.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jovial Cow posted:

Let’s go Tampa.

:yeah:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jehde posted:

I'm not much for nationalism so I tend to reject the notion of Canada's Team™. However the Jets seem to have some good hockey players that know how to play some exciting hockey. The fact that it enrages Americans to have a franchise that resides in Canada this late in the playoffs is just icing on the cake.

I don't think anyone is "enraged" that a Canadian franchise is this far, it's just funnier when your teams lose because many of your sports journalists definitely do buy into the Canada's Team thing and write funny articles when they fail, or when no Canadian team makes the playoffs/is a contender, and I like to read those.

Like, if I wanted the most American team to win I'd be cheering for Winnipeg. They have the most American players of any of the remaining teams by far, and all their best players are American or European aside from Scheifele.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

yellowcar posted:

It has some absolutely awesome outdoor areas!

That our lovely government is trying to destroy or turn over to billionaires whenever possible

At any rate Tampa needs to win so the Rangers get another 1st round pick and then Tampa needs to have the worlds biggest cup hangover and end up winning the draft lottery in the 2019 draft

Also it'd be cool to see former Rangers win the cup I guess.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe 1 year every single Canadian team will make it to the playoffs and the final 4 is all Canadian teams too.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Levitate posted:

It has some absolutely awesome outdoor areas!

That our lovely government is trying to destroy or turn over to billionaires whenever possible

At any rate Tampa needs to win so the Rangers get another 1st round pick and then Tampa needs to have the worlds biggest cup hangover and end up winning the draft lottery in the 2019 draft

Also it'd be cool to see former Rangers win the cup I guess.

I’m ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe 1 year every single Canadian team will make it to the playoffs and the final 4 is all Canadian teams too.

As long as it's only one year, I suppose that's okay.

• Locked thread