Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Dave calling for Daniel Bryan to quit wwe this fall and join the indies is really a conflict of interest now that he’s selling tickets to All In.

Dave outlining the pros and cons of him leaving and staying including that he'd probably make more staying sure is a conflict of interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave making a GRR analogy with Jim Cornette doing a show sponsored by the NRA was loving hilarious.

"We'll give you 10 million dollars, but don't book your liberal wrestlers because gently caress them, that's why."

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MassRafTer posted:

Dave outlining the pros and cons of him leaving and staying including that he'd probably make more staying sure is a conflict of interest.

Outlining the pros and cons is one way of explaining what Dave said - Dave saying he’s being wasted and needs to bounce is another. Even Alvarez had to tell him to chill.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

As a fan of good wrestling, Dave very obviously wants to see Bryan/Okada. Can't blame the guy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’d still rather see Cena vs Tanahashi :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Outlining the pros and cons is one way of explaining what Dave said - Dave saying he’s being wasted and needs to bounce is another. Even Alvarez had to tell him to chill.

"He'd make more money in WWE, he'd have more exposure"

"He will be able to make a lot of money, be treated as more of a star, have an easier schedule"

Seems like a more sober analysis than your analysis that he shouldn't say this because he is selling tickets to an event that happens before Bryan's contract is up.

Bryan telling him to "chill" was theorizing that maybe his booking is leading somewhere.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This show with Meltzer and Cornette is a great listen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bryan ain't gonna be at All In no matter what unless WWE fucks up so bad somehow they have to give him an unconditional release. But he should absolutely leave in September. It's clear they're already trying to Just A Guy him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

As a fan I think Bryan should leave WWE because that is a far more interesting possibility than anything he can do in WWE, including having an 8000 day reign holding every title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/coconono/status/994935226370478081

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Holy poo poo Bryan is an employee?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

yeah has to clock in at 8:55 everyday because the timeclock will dock your pay if you clock in at 9am.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

yeah has to clock in at 8:55 everyday because the timeclock will dock your pay if you clock in at 9am.

According to my watch, he's got 'til five.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beyond every other concern, when WWE deemed Bryan medically unable to compete they froze his contract. That should be enough reason to want the guy to leave.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

For the sake of sheer selfishness, I want Bryan to leave the WWE. On the matter of his health, it's a mixed bag, Indy/New Japan tend toward a style tougher on the body, WWE on the other hand tend toward unnecessary gimmick matches and ridiculous schedules. For all the issues I have with their booking, I really don't want to see Daniel Bryan in the Money in the Bank.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I want Bryan to leave the WWE and also the rest of wrestling before his brain turns to mush

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

We all know he should just go to CMLL where he can wrestle a minimum 20 more years no matter what happens to his body or brain

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Beyond every other concern, when WWE deemed Bryan medically unable to compete they froze his contract. That should be enough reason to want the guy to leave.
didn’t they only start him working as GM because it’s extremely not legal to freeze someone’s contract who wants to do his contracted work?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

didn’t they only start him working as GM because it’s extremely not legal to freeze someone’s contract who wants to do his contracted work?

Everything they do is illegal but they don't give a poo poo, this is the company that killed Owen Hart with a sailboat part.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nobody want's to burn bridges with the only big game in town until they no longer have a viable option to go there, and by then the statute of limitations is always up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

remusclaw posted:

Nobody want's to burn bridges with the only big game in town until they no longer have a viable option to go there, and by then the statute of limitations is always up.

True but vince respects being big dogged so if he said "in getting more money with njpw" vince would then pay twice as much in a years time to get him back. If he was still alive.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I like the part of the Cornette show where Bryan gives the plugs and then it goes for another 20 minutes of bullshitting

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Very nice of them to hire him for real. He must be happy that he doesn't have to pay as much taxes plus gets benefits.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I usually don’t bother with WOR interview episodes but this Cornette one is really good

Some of his politics are kinda disgusting to me but telling the NRA to go piss up a rope was :kiss:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bryan/Shibata for All-In. Loser Leaves the last of their gross motor skills on the mat

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

St Evan Echoes posted:

I’d still rather see Cena vs Tanahashi :(

This is literally my dream match too.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

They did the same contract-freezing BS to Rey and are currently still doing the same to Neville, they don't give a single solitary gently caress about whether freezing contracts is legal or not.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Contracting someone to do 3 years of work and, when they stop showing up, freezing it until they start again.
Contracting someone to do 3 years of work, deciding they are not fit to do the work, freezing it until ????????

Both are not good but one is on another planet of terrible

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

only Bruce Tharpe's legal services can save the working wrestler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

remusclaw posted:

For the sake of sheer selfishness, I want Bryan to leave the WWE. On the matter of his health, it's a mixed bag, Indy/New Japan tend toward a style tougher on the body, WWE on the other hand tend toward unnecessary gimmick matches and ridiculous schedules. For all the issues I have with their booking, I really don't want to see Daniel Bryan in the Money in the Bank.

The style is tougher but someone like Bryan can set his own schedule and work when he feels healthy to. It'd be less dates without the house show grind of WWE.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Contracting someone to do 3 years of work and, when they stop showing up, freezing it until they start again.
Contracting someone to do 3 years of work, deciding they are not fit to do the work, freezing it until ????????

Both are not good but one is on another planet of terrible

this might be a good point if you were talking about a genuine independent contractor designation and not an illegal one!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So apparently Russo was booked for Starrcast, but now he's not and the tweet's announcing it have been deleted.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

this might be a good point if you were talking about a genuine independent contractor designation and not an illegal one!

I'm glad that you an actual judge who knows labor law has ruled this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is the wwf illegal? you'll be amazed by the answer

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all in doesnt need bryan to sell out, he cant work it anyway, dave meltzer isnt making money on its ticket sales, and saying wwe sucks and he should leave is objective reporting

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

all in doesnt need bryan to sell out, he cant work it anyway, dave meltzer isnt making money on its ticket sales, and saying wwe sucks and he should leave is objective reporting

let's get on to more pressing matters

low ki trip report

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

low ki trip report

*clap clap clapclapclap*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

A lot of words from someone who still hasn't reported back on the lot of words he heard Low Ki say

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oatgan eat the eggs post about lo ki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bix covered the content fairly well and i did post about it on twitter as it was happening its your own fault for not following me so i will instead share an anecdote

at the end he promised to open the lines up to people who want to ask a question but because there were three people on the call he instead turned our mics on one at a time to ask us if we had a question

the first person was the plant mentioned in the article, the second was me but i was answering the door because i ordered a pizza and he just kept throwing to me, over and over, for about a minute. So while im signing my receipt i can hear his crazy voice repeating "mr [oatgan] do you have a question? are you there? mr [oatgan]? do have you a question for me." Eventually i typed "i dont have a question" in the chat and he finally moved on to bix who didn't have headphones in so the audio from his laptop was being picked up by his mic and it caused a feedback loop of unlistenable distorted audio

that was the Q&A portion