Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's Eltnum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

my dream: heart, saki, tohno (shiki), arcueid, saber

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Akuma, Geese, Noctis

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Scorpion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kiryu

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Kunio-kun

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Smoking Crow posted:

my dream: heart, saki, tohno (shiki), arcueid, saber
nitro blaster is waiting for you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope it's Rook from the PC fighting game Battlerite

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
alternatively Human Paladin and Orc Warrior

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's gonna be Thanos from Fortnite

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Goku and Blue Goku

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Vermillion from Toshinden 2 and Naru Amoh from Toshinden 3

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It will be Akuma and Geese.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Every Akatsuki Blitzkampf character including the ones from the sequel that killed the game.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Countblanc posted:

i still wonder what the "etc" character row is for. i mean it seems pretty obvious that it's Other Franchises but you'd think there would at least be a single representative for launch there

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The first etc character is gonna be Kenshiro

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'll be so happy if Tager is legit really good for once in his miserable life

bbct tager vs arakune/nu matchups are finally worth it
(just kidding nothing is worth that)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
wait when people said tager just has his opponent magnetized all the time, that wasn't hyperbole about how much better spark bolt is gonna be? lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

spark bolt doesn't use a special gauge that tager has to build up here, it just costs 1 super meter. It is otherwise unchanged. Fast as hell, really high durability, gives you a combo on hit.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sade posted:

The first etc character is gonna be Aarzak

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the first etc character is button config, the second is random select, there will never be any additional ones.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

the first etc character is button config, the second is random select, there will never be any additional ones.

Nah, there's a third, it's Settings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meter builds crazy fast too, so 1 bar is nothing really. I absolutely love how ruthless this game is, you can fill the screen with 3 layers of visual noise and do a 50/50 or 2, which you can easily confirm into half a bar and then come out the other end only down like 1 or 2 meters. I feel like this is the game that made me understand why people like tag games, since DBFZ was my first Tag game.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

In Training posted:

Meter builds crazy fast too, so 1 bar is nothing really. I absolutely love how ruthless this game is, you can fill the screen with 3 layers of visual noise and do a 50/50 or 2, which you can easily confirm into half a bar and then come out the other end only down like 1 or 2 meters. I feel like this is the game that made me understand why people like tag games, since DBFZ was my first Tag game.

Welcome to the fold

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the ect spot is gonna be freed and face from battle fantasia, the game that secretly saved fighting games

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

So no EVO Japan 2019...

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 12, 2018

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a Skullgirls char like Cerebella

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DLC Inc posted:

I'm looking forward to Rivals of Aether, BBTag, Blade Strangers, the GGXX ultimate edition, practically anything on Switch since all it has right now is some SNK games which are good and all, but only so many times I can play Garou and '99. Also Brawlout is possibly the worst Smash clone or even fighting game in general I've ever played holy poo poo, I've never played a fg that felt so loving bad

Aside from ASW poo poo, the FGs scheduled for Switch are, like, Fight of Gods and Fantasy Strike.

Brosnan posted:

I'm legit kind of impressed that they can hew this closely to a 2 year release cycle given the level of content in MKX.

It's easy when you have a publisher that's not afraid to spend money on their games.

Ed Boon's mentioned that he thinks it's time to do some new poo poo after 4 games in a row of basically the same poo poo, so I'm starting to think the new game might be a spinoff or some other non-FG that'll buy them time to come up with something else... or not and it's exactly what everyone thinks it is.

dragon enthusiast posted:

honestly i can't get any of the smash clones straight, which one was the one that they announced last e3 that had like 3mil in VC funding

I think it was the Project M team game, right? All I remember is they called it ICONS which is the worst game for a character-less Smash clone.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
BlazblueXTag Battle is awesome and fun.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

BlazblueXTag Battle is awesome and fun.

I loaded it up for a couple rounds vs cpu and goin SFV -> DBZF it was p cool and fun. Was on the Switch though and LOL watching the input display while trying to do stuff with the joycons. Deffo gonna download it on PS4 when it's up so I can use a stick and check it out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the most shocking part of that news is MMCafe still exists

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I feel like the last few times I've thought about MMCafe all happened after reading posts about members dying of old age

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Brosnan posted:

I'm legit kind of impressed that they can hew this closely to a 2 year release cycle given the level of content in MKX.

I don't know what kind of production pipeline NRS has, but Capcom needs to hire a mole or something. The only other company that can come close is Namco/the Tekken team and they're not putting out put out 4 new games in 6 years.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom doesn't spend any money on their games, WB spends a lot, Namco's still in the position to use the arcade version to subsidise the console versions.

Seriously, so many of the issues people have with SF5 could have been fixed or quashed before release if they weren't so loving cheap about it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I secretly want Boon to announce Scorpion in BlazBlue Cross Tag, with this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrwIMYV3-A&t=21s

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the etc row will be for when they finally add guilty gear characters :ssh:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MechaX posted:

I secretly want Boon to announce Scorpion in BlazBlue Cross Tag, with this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrwIMYV3-A&t=21s

i legit would not be surprised if this happens at E3 and then Boon reveals MKXI on Twitter

dude's a born troll, this is the same guy who made an error message into a character for shiggles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

the etc row will be for when they finally add guilty gear characters :ssh:

there is 0 chance they add anything to this game that they cant pull sprites from, and theres no way they add like, R+ sol and poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like BBTag a lot, mechanically, but, these characters are just reused sprites with new inputs, outside of the RWBY characters, which, if you play a RWBY character, Im calling the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

In Training posted:

there is 0 chance they add anything to this game that they cant pull sprites from, and theres no way they add like, R+ sol and poo poo.

they could sort of make xrd stuff into sprites by pulling images from buffer, convert to png, and do a bit of editing, the real problem is that every character has stuff that uses dynamic camera work/tricks and some other modeling tricks that they'd have to rebuild for the static 2d camera before they could pull from buffer.

basically, they could make some 2d stuff out of xrds stuff, but it wouldn't be without some effort.