Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That outfit was eeeeeeverything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
World of Wonder really doesn't see it for Cracker this season :sigh:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
http://www.vulture.com/2018/05/rupaul-will-sashay-away-with-netflix-for-aj-and-the-queen.html

Ru is starring in a new sitcom on Netflix as a down on her luck drag queen traveling across America in an old RV.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Holy poo poo, that could be incredible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

warez posted:

World of Wonder really doesn't see it for Cracker this season :sigh:

She hasn't been doing very well tbf. I expected soooo much more outta her.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Cracker is still my personal fave bc of her YouTube series but I’d be genuinely surprised if she made the finale at this point, I’d like to blame the edit and I think there’s some shenanigans in there somewhere but apart from dr pickle I haven’t thought she’s really nailed any maxi challenges unfortunately

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Her YouTube series is great. I'm starting to think she just isn't very funny off the cuff.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I really love Cracker, but I feel like if she doesn't get a win soon she's not going to make top 3. But I could be wrong.

I honestly thought that Aquaria would be in Cracker's place. Like I figured Aquaria would serve us looks but fall flat on personality and stumble on Snatch Game or the other improv challenges. But she's doing great, even if she missed the mark this week. I thought I'd really dislike her, too, but she's really endearing to me in a way I can't explain. I thought Cracker would be killing the same challenges that Aquaria's doing fine in, but it hasn't been like that at all.

I really hope Kameron can make it to top 3. I've really enjoyed her the whole time, even if she's quieter than the rest. The top three I'm hoping for is Asia, Aquaria and Kameron. But I hope Monet is top 4 so we can have her talking head for the rest of the show.

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 12, 2018

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
What is with all of the air guitar in lip syncs this season?! It's such a cheap, unappealing move but I think I've seen it three times so far in Season 10. :guitar:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

beepsandboops posted:

What is with all of the air guitar in lip syncs this season?! It's such a cheap, unappealing move but I think I've seen it three times so far in Season 10. :guitar:

for real. every time i see it i want the person goooooone

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

beepsandboops posted:

Also there was that air sax or trombone or something. It's super barfy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

beepsandboops posted:

Three different queens, even! After Yuhua went home you'd think Monet and Vixen would avoid air guitar. Then Vixen played like an air trombone too wtf

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

esperterra posted:

I'm starting to think she just isn't very funny off the cuff.
Miz Cracker's Youtube clips have edits after every single line, sometimes in the middle of lines. I'm pretty sure that's not an editing style, that's her hiding the fact that she can't deliver strong material that stretches past a sentence.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I feel like Cracker is just a neurotic perfectionist and that makes it hard to be spontaneous and keep having fun/being fun in this stage of the competition. She seems just drained by the whole experience and is starting to get just a tad bitchy (see: her talking heads re: Aquaria in Untucked). She actually reminds me a bit of Thorgy (who I still adore).

Also freaking psyched for this Netflix series, I want way more drag in pop culture outside just Drag Race.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I feel like Cracker is just a neurotic perfectionist and that makes it hard to be spontaneous and keep having fun/being fun in this stage of the competition. She seems just drained by the whole experience [...]

Yeah. She was really quick on her feet the first few episodes (how anyone can say she’s not at least a little spontaneously funny after “there are no accidents in fisting” doesn’t make sense to me), but at this point in the competition it has to be dawning on her that she (most likely) isn’t winning.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I feel like Cracker is just a neurotic perfectionist and that makes it hard to be spontaneous and keep having fun/being fun in this stage of the competition. She seems just drained by the whole experience and is starting to get just a tad bitchy (see: her talking heads re: Aquaria in Untucked). She actually reminds me a bit of Thorgy (who I still adore).

Also freaking psyched for this Netflix series, I want way more drag in pop culture outside just Drag Race.

I don't want rupaul to become solely identified with drag in pop culture any more than he already is.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

jit bull transpile posted:

I don't want rupaul to become solely identified with drag in pop culture any more than he already is.

Jesus Christ, are you ever ok with anything? Your life sounds miserable, not because of who you are but because of everything else.

New user name, same old cranky pants. Or skirt. Or pantaloons or WHATEVER APPROPRIATE CLOTHING YOU PREFER.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Anyone can wear a Utilkilt, the kilt for today's world.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Flyinglemur posted:

Jesus Christ, are you ever ok with anything? Your life sounds miserable, not because of who you are but because of everything else.

New user name, same old cranky pants. Or skirt. Or pantaloons or WHATEVER APPROPRIATE CLOTHING YOU PREFER.

I'm a pretty happy person actually. But when people are backward and lovely I ain't gonna be quiet about it. Sorry I'm too uppity for you.

Edit : also, what a strange and lame transphobic joke at the end there pal.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

beepsandboops posted:

alf_pogs posted:

for real. every time i see it i want the person goooooone

A-loving-men.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Air guitar makes an ultimate dad but a sad drag queen. Air trumpet is acceptable however.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

I'm a pretty happy person actually. But when people are backward and lovely I ain't gonna be quiet about it. Sorry I'm too uppity for you.

Edit : also, what a strange and lame transphobic joke at the end there pal.

Well, I'm honestly glad that you are happy in real life because that's what matters. Here though it seems like you are constantly looking for something to be outraged by, including me trying to be inclusive and getting ahead of "did you just assume that I wear ______??!!"* I never called you uppity nor do I think you shouldn't speak out when people are lovely. But I've seen you lump people together in a negative way just like people probably lump you together and I just don't understand how that is ok.

* - I forgot this dead forum wasn't a comedy forum anymore so I guess trying to make a joke was forbidden. But hey, thanks for not disappointing in finding something to be offended by, Chief.

fake edit: I would love to continue this discussion privately if you have PMs (or PMS amirite ladies??!!) because I do have some legit questions for you. And if that's your pitbull in your avatar he/she is adorable.

Hey check your PMs :)

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 13, 2018

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I'm so happy that the workroom walkthrough was punctuated by so much shade that was really fun.

esperterra posted:

Farrah smoked last year. But season 8 we saw no smokers iirc. Maybe the ones there were just boring outside.

Let's be real here, nothing any queen smoking outside on Untucked says or does will ever top "You know you want this crochet pussy" and the weird quasi-twerking on that drainage grate.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ginger, Katya and Pearl having smoke breaks was the saving grace of that new Untucked style.

Then 8 and 9 mostly sucked.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm so happy that the workroom walkthrough was punctuated by so much shade that was really fun.

Yeah, as much as I find rusicals boring, this felt a lot more like the classic seasons. It was very good.

Watching the early season untuckeds for the first time, I like the two room format better. Having everyone in the same room the whole time means things get messy right away. It's nice to have the mix of chill conversation and then all hell breaking loose.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh yeah the old Untucked was a lot more interesting when they could splinter off. You're in for some wild rides.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

angerbeet posted:

Oh yeah the old Untucked was a lot more interesting when they could splinter off. You're in for some wild rides.

Done with 5 and 6. Working on 4 now that we figured out its available on google play. I hate seeing she-mail every episode again, but there's actually way less transphobic stuff in the untuckeds than folks made it seem like.

Like, everything bad comes from rupaul songs, basically. What on earth kind of word is "responsitrannity"? What does that even mean?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Oh BTW Detox is going to be on the new season of Botched but the preview didn't show enough to tell if she's treated with respect or is the episodes freak of the week. Previously they fixed Porkchop's nose so she could stop living in drag full time and her after party scene was her showing up at Hamburger Mary's and everyone going "oh you're not in drag. K." super awkwardly.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Oh BTW Detox is going to be on the new season of Botched but the preview didn't show enough to tell if she's treated with respect or is the episodes freak of the week. Previously they fixed Porkchop's nose so she could stop living in drag full time and her after party scene was her showing up at Hamburger Mary's and everyone going "oh you're not in drag. K." super awkwardly.

detox looks great but the show is called BOTCHED so i don't really expect anything good to come out of it

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

alf_pogs posted:

detox looks great but the show is called BOTCHED so i don't really expect anything good to come out of it

My guess is that she has complications from the reconstruction after her car accident that she's looking to get fixed, but ya knowing this show she probably wants an inflatable tire put on her lips or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Done with 5 and 6. Working on 4 now that we figured out its available on google play. I hate seeing she-mail every episode again, but there's actually way less transphobic stuff in the untuckeds than folks made it seem like.

Like, everything bad comes from rupaul songs, basically. What on earth kind of word is "responsitrannity"? What does that even mean?

3 was the worst for it, re transphobic stuff, iirc. season 2 had a little but season 3 had the most I think. It's all pretty early tho and concentrated into a couple eps tho

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Detox looks like if her sister fell into some ooze and became a villain.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

If Asia doesn't win she better get Ms. Congeniality!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Chaotic Flame posted:

If Asia doesn't win she better get Ms. Congeniality!

Vangie has that on lock

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I didn't say Ms. Fan Favorite

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

esperterra posted:

3 was the worst for it, re transphobic stuff, iirc. season 2 had a little but season 3 had the most I think. It's all pretty early tho and concentrated into a couple eps tho

yeah for Untucked absolutely S3 is the worst. Shangela especially

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I have no intention of watching 1-3 again, lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

2 and 3 are so drat goooooooooooood

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I want Nina Flowers to paint Porkchop so bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Aja's EP is good.

• Locked thread