Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

bring back old gbs posted:

the wrong son died

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I would rather have two more seasons of The Mick than another season of Always Sunny, and I say that as someone who still enjoys the hell out of the recent Sunny seasons.

The only thing The Mick is missing is Danny DeVito, and he’s just a guest spot away.

Same, I think.

For some reason I never even considered this could get canceled. God drat it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

the wrong son died

Donnie! You woulda been the good one!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
This is dumb The Mick has been one of the most consistently funny TV shows I've seen in years, it was like every other episode I was laughing so hard it started to hurt. I really liked B99 too but I understand that cancellation it was getting kind of samey.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 12, 2018

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Look I’ll be the one to say it, The Mick may have been extremely funny and well written and acted but Caitlyn Olsen was never mainstream attractive enough to build the following of say “2 Broke Girls” and their decision to lean into that and make her unlikable and gross made for better TV but worse ratings.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Whenever someone I know is watching 2BG I sit there in silence not even exhaling sharply in an apathetic "heh" at a single joke, my god, even Big Bang Theory gets the occasional "ha" out of me.

also some how I hear Dennis in my head like "Dee, this is why your show was cancelled, you BITCH!"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In a few decades The Mick will be remembered as a cultural breakthrough for big bird representation in mass media.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bust Rodd posted:

Look I’ll be the one to say it, The Mick may have been extremely funny and well written and acted but Caitlyn Olsen was never mainstream attractive enough to build the following of say “2 Broke Girls” and their decision to lean into that and make her unlikable and gross made for better TV but worse ratings.

I didn't really consider that a factor until now, but it did make me realize I've never seen a minute of 2 Broke Girls but I still know it stars Kat Dennings with the big titties. I didn't think it was ever an issue for Always Sunny, but I suppose it's a little different with a regular TV network and their advertising.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

In a few decades The Mick will be remembered as a cultural breakthrough for big bird representation in mass media.

It was drat near 50 years too late for that.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Until the Mick large flightless birds were relegated to children's shows and nature documentaries.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

NBC is rescuing Brooklyn 99.
Maybe done other network will do the same for The Mick.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Is Yahoo! Screen still a thing?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Thumposaurus posted:

NBC is rescuing Brooklyn 99.
Maybe done other network will do the same for The Mick.

I don’t see a network picking it up, but The Mick might do well on a channel like Comedy Central or on Netflix.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You’d think Fox would prefer shuffling it off to FXX, adding another original show to the fledgling channel instead of playing Simpsons reruns all day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Disney bought both FX and FXX? I think?

I could never get that straight. I think Fox still owns the Fox Network, FS1, and Fox News but everything else is going to Disney. Including FX, FXX, controlling share in Hulu, and all the regional Fox Sports channels.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Disney buyout, even it even goes through, won’t occur until 2019 at the earliest. Fox still owns everything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but I get the impression most feel all these Fox cancelations are somewhat connected to them "cleaning house."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/kaitlinolson/status/995828168199233536?s=21

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Her insta story is pretty great today too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I am behind on this show but I just saw this scene and Glen absolutely fuckin' killed it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Kaitlin’s renewal Instagram stories with Glenn have been amazing...

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just learned that Kevin Hart is from Philly. I wonder if he'll ever be on the show.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

drunken officeparty posted:

I just learned that Kevin Hart is from Philly. I wonder if he'll ever be on the show.

Well, they have been looking at adding a less intense black guy to their roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remembered to catch up on this thread, saw The Mick was dead. I preferred living in ignorant bliss, how could any network be dumb enough to cancel such a great show.... oh right, it's Fox. Again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/kaitlinolson/status/998746315134664709?s=21

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:same:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That is one angry bird

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I said it in another thread but Marjorie Diehl in Netflix's Evil Genius made me think of Frank Reynolds at his craziest the entire time she was ranting. She's got the lazy eyelid, the wild gestures and the slightly slurred words. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

E: oh and the Philly accent, which is weird because the story takes place in Erie at the other end of the state.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
OMG (spoilers I guess... if you're into that sort of thing) - https://decider.com/2018/06/11/mac-from-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-at-gay-pride/

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh my god did he really drink her puke

KingBomber69
Feb 25, 2018

by VideoGames
thats dee for you

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I wonder if Mac being ripped is for an episode of how he is without Dennis.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope the first episode would be after a few months without Dennis with all gang members just doing much better and then he shows up a few minutes into the episode and it's back to business.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The rear end Pounder really paid off

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBA Starblade posted:

oh man i hope that thing's in the background of wherever mac lives now

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Super Deuce posted:

I wonder if Mac being ripped is for an episode of how he is without Dennis.

Or alternatively how regular Mac pictures himself all the time.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

RBA Starblade posted:

Never stop pumping.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So is Dennis gonna be in the next season or what

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"No" yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Glenn is going to be involved with the show, just no guarantee that he's going to be in it.