Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

Fucksakes, man. Me, to you, literally yesterday:

I'm sorry if I didn't call a specific name to your satisfaction, but my entire philosophy of who to investigate was not based on specific loving people I cannot make this clearer. If CPig wasn't President next, I wouldn't have wanted to investigate him. I wanted to investigate The Next President, I couldn't get that, but I got Someone Who'll Be President Soon and called it a good compromise.

I'm done repeating myself on this, you can either understand it or not. I have no smaller words to put it in.

Yeah, after I'd already called my choice you finally said that. I mean, we are still within a day, so I'll quote what I'm talking about since you did. I was trying to be more free flowing since the game isn't supposed to be mafia. Anyway here:

Thingy here.

So when I posted the above, I found it suspicious that you weren't commenting on everything else happening. There was a bunch to talk about, including who to investigate, which you seemingly had strong opinions on the day before.

Another thingy here.

You said the above in response. To me this looked like a fascist who didn't want to put himself on the line by talking about anyone specific. Also it seemed counter to your previous opinion on Cpig, so I called it out.

Yet Another thingy here.

This is me trying to get you to actually name a name and confirm it was different then your previous opinion.

and here.

So to me, this whole exchange looks SUPER fishy. Like, you weren't even specific about how soon was soon enough for you. At the time we were still even talking about Kumba as a possibility, which is what you fought against initially, so this confirmed for me that you were a fascist.

When you finally said, ok yeah RF is fine let's go, it was after I posted my essentially final decision like 12 hours later or something. So it would tie you to him weirdly if you fought against it at that point, go with the flow was the only real option.

*edited to remove quotes after Andy removed his*

King Burgundy fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just posting to confirm that I'm aware that, technically, rules were broken, and there will be no punishment. Of course there might be some in the future, but for now I'm lenient (I get that it's rather awkward to be allowed to read things and not quote them, and it's easy to make an honest mistake).

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
wait am i allowed to read back that far? i thought i wasn't even supposed to look at the content prior to the previous session

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kumba posted:

wait am i allowed to read back that far? i thought i wasn't even supposed to look at the content prior to the previous session

We can read the current and previous game day.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

kumba posted:

I didn't actually see the quotes when they were still up, I was told they were from the previous season. So you could look at them, but not quote.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
OHHHHHH okay i see i misunderstood the specifics, gotcha

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Wouldn't it be hilarious if kb and kumba were both fascists?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

..i guess? that's awfully random, did you just decide to pick two names out of a hat to cast shade at or what

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm starting to lean on the kumba side of this disagreement, which is awkward because I've got gut that calls RF a lot scummier than KB.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Is this two people in a row both not reading and somehow thinking there is a Kumba/KB disagreement in this game?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm starting to lean on the kumba side of this disagreement, which is awkward because I've got gut that calls RF a lot scummier than KB.

are you saying you're on my side or you're on the side that disagrees with me

i agree that RF is scummier than KB, which would be agreeing with me, so why is that awkward

your wording is very weird

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

kumba posted:

..i guess? that's awfully random, did you just decide to pick two names out of a hat to cast shade at or what

King Burgundy posted:

Is this two people in a row both not reading and somehow thinking there is a Kumba/KB disagreement in this game?

:thejoke:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I said kumba but I meant CaptAndy, jokes on me this time.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw I think it unlikley both KB and CaptAndy are fascist hence the joke, but either alone could be. I just don't think a back and forth like that would make sense between two fascists. The idea is comical to me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
No clue why I typed kumba though. Perhaps subconsciously I think kumba is facist so I had a Freudian slip.

I don't actually have any real sense of kumba's alignment however.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My fear right now is that kumba is Secret Hitler and a fascist CapnAndy passed him two liberal cards to make himself look liberal with the whole 'I wanted everyone to know I drew 2 liberal cards' argument and because kumba is in a position where he could either be President right after or actually get the Special Election power, depending on how prior governments went and well set up to get selected as chancellor after 3 fascist policies have been enacted. And since one of KB/RF must be a fascist, there was a fascist between CapnAndy/kumba that could have gotten a fascist policy passed or could have selected kumba to be his Chancellor in order to give him more liberal credit.

However, I will say that his seemingly willingness to be investigated does mitigate that fear slightly unless I want to go all paranoid and think that KB is also a fascist who didn't want to investigate kumba and instead decided to lie about RF. But that still runs into the problem of why wouldn't KB also try to discredit me by saying he gave me a choice. And I can't see a Secret Hitler KB possibly locking himself out of government by creating a conflict with RF for no reason.

I'm still thinking that kumba is a liberal, but I'm not sure if I'd want him to be Chancellor after 3 fascist policies have been enacted. I will probably be willing to let him be President when his turn is up depending on his choice of Chancellor and the state of the game.

I'm still trying to decide which order would be best for the next Chancellor.

kumba comes first in the presidential order and I think there will be better chance at an actual choice during a CPig government provided the deck count is right. But at the same time, it might be more important to get AA the actual choice since we could just skip a kumba Presidency, but if we did that then we wouldn't be able to skip pass AA without drawing the top policy since RF is definitely getting skipped this round without a second investigation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As an aside to Dancer:

Do you think it would be possible to edit the current day information into the first post? I am personally just trying to keep my reading to just the current game day and as the thread gets longer, it gets a little harder to find the start of the previous day without skimming over some of the prior day. Plus, it would just be nice to be to quickly go back to the first post in order to see the current succession order and stuff.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

kumba posted:

are you saying you're on my side or you're on the side that disagrees with me

i agree that RF is scummier than KB, which would be agreeing with me, so why is that awkward

your wording is very weird
I am in conflict because if it was between you and KB, I'd say he was the fascist, but between him and RF, I'd say RF was the fascist. These are mutually exclusive situations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even I’d agree I’m scummier than KB, that’s a bit of a given. If I didn’t straight up know he was a fascist I’d consider him town,

TMM would be my other pick, I see him doing a lot of gotcha stuff

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

I am in conflict because if it was between you and KB, I'd say he was the fascist, but between him and RF, I'd say RF was the fascist. These are mutually exclusive situations.

Why would anything be between me and kumba? I'm pretty convinced that you are still not reading well. I believe you are mistaking kumba for cap somehow.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

Even I’d agree I’m scummier than KB, that’s a bit of a given. If I didn’t straight up know he was a fascist I’d consider him town,

TMM would be my other pick, I see him doing a lot of gotcha stuff

I am basically just spewing my thoughts into the thread.

I know it often comes across as scummy simply because I often put a lot out there, but I'm not sure why you are saying it's gotcha stuff.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

my read on TMM is gut based on games we've played together in the past

this is TMM as a person, not necessarily TMM as a fascist. his wordiness, convoluted and wandering as it may be, is much more in line with his good guy play imo. i would expect him to be much more reserved if he were fash

could be hitler, i guess, but i dont see TMM as a general fash

Btw, I like this post explaining a bit more why kumba is putting me in his list as totally liberal. However at the same time, it's also something that makes me worry that Secret Hitler is trying to buddy up to me because it's known that is generally my blind spot.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Now that we're all done belittling each other, we do still need a Chancellor. Does anyone on any side of any slapfight have an issue with Byers? I was gonna suggest Amalgam but I don't think anyone's talking to/about him at all, which is weird and a little potentially Hitler-y.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I honestly forgot he was in the game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

TMMadman posted:

As an aside to Dancer:

Do you think it would be possible to edit the current day information into the first post? I am personally just trying to keep my reading to just the current game day and as the thread gets longer, it gets a little harder to find the start of the previous day without skimming over some of the prior day. Plus, it would just be nice to be to quickly go back to the first post in order to see the current succession order and stuff.

Coming Soon (tm).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapnAndy posted:

Now that we're all done belittling each other, we do still need a Chancellor. Does anyone on any side of any slapfight have an issue with Byers? I was gonna suggest Amalgam but I don't think anyone's talking to/about him at all, which is weird and a little potentially Hitler-y.

Because no one is talking to or about me, or about me I'm Hitler-y?

That logic does not flow at all

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

Also, several people have already suggested that the Chancellor be AA or kumba.

Are you against either of those people? Why skip ahead so far ahead to Byers when there are untested people in AA and people who had no choice in kumba and me?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I honestly forgot he was in the game.

Pffft and you aren't helping.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
My gut is telling me not to vote for Byers

Would be fine with AA or myself as others have suggested

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I hadn't really considered byers, I suppose I would also be fine with that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
rather do aa or kumba though.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Hey, I went straight from work, to the ballgame, to drink yesterday, playing catch up now. Expect a small flood of catch up posts.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Yah, that is really good to know.

So who do we think is good for chancellor this go round?

Let us discuss.

If this is still on doubt, AA makes sense based on lack of evidence combined with candidacy order.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Should be me. I kind of have to pick a liberal policy now, even if I was a fascist.

:golfclap:

Not a chance.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Hmm...well this is certainly interesting information and I'm going to have to ponder it for a bit.

On the surface, I think I'm more willing to believe KB than RF but that is mostly just a gut call. Plus, a fascist KB could have claimed that he gave me a choice and then used the investigation to claim someone was a fascist and thus lock two people besides himself out of government until things got resolved. And while the chances might be low, there is still the possibility that KB gets investigated before an RF presidency opportunity which would essentially ruin this whole play unless one of CPig/DB is also a fascist.

The plan all along has been investigate KB with the second investigation. Until that happens, I say we freeze RF and KB. There's no reason to risk either in government. One of them is lying, so let's remove both from government consideration for now.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, and Byers...I'm not sure what to think about Byers just yet, but I'm not sure I want to give him a shot again just yet either.

AA and kumba at least should get shots before PMush, Andy, or I are considered.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

AA and kumba at least should get shots before PMush, Andy, or I are considered.

This is kind of my thinking too. I don't quite not trust you, but I also don't quite trust you either, so I'd rather have AA/kumba get looked at first.

I mean at the very base level, at least you and PMush both passed the liberal policy, so there is at least some level of trust, but since you two are also not likely to be up for government in the very near future, I want to get more information on those who are going to be up for government soon.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kumba posted:

Allowed? Sure. But when given an excuse not to need to reread, wouldn't you rather just post based on what you vaguely remember?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

PMush Perfect posted:

Did two different people just confuse kumba and Andy? If it were allowed, I'd say that is evidence of OOT conversation. As it is, what the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TMMadman posted:

This is kind of my thinking too. I don't quite not trust you, but I also don't quite trust you either, so I'd rather have AA/kumba get looked at first.

I mean at the very base level, at least you and PMush both passed the liberal policy, so there is at least some level of trust, but since you two are also not likely to be up for government in the very near future, I want to get more information on those who are going to be up for government soon.
This is good logic.

I'm so back and forth on kumba, I'm leaning wanting to see him as Chancellor just to have more info to go on.

• Locked thread