Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

Monster Hunter just had its first actually popular game in America and it's already getting a movie? :psyduck:

It's actually been in the works for awhile, even with those names attached. But yeah, I assume World's success is what made them actually move on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Hey Canadian goons - it looks like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is $40 off right now at ebgames.
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/732738/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle.

For those that have played it - it's pretty decent, right?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

Hey Canadian goons - it looks like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is $40 off right now at ebgames.
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/732738/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle.

It's real good, buy it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Posting again to say that Blazblue X Burst or whatever it's called is a really good anime fighting game for people who don't like or aren't good at anime fighting games. Someone more familiar with the genre could probably explain it better than I can but basically the inputs are really simple and identical per character, you pull off your best combos by simple tapping the Attack button 3 times in a row, and damage is high and matches are super quick and can be over in like less than 30 seconds allowing for a ton of comeback potential. It kind of boils the formula down to the whole rock paper scissors/mindgames thing with less of a focus on precise combo inputs. I'm still getting my rear end kicked by players who are better than me but when it happens I can actually analyze what I did wrong and how I was punished for it as opposed to other FGs where it's often just an incomprehensible blur for me. Definitely worth checking out during the free weekend, you got nothing to lose and it's cool to see a new fighting game launching on Switch

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Once Indivisible is finished I hope they put Skullgirls on the Switch

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Actually it looks loving stupid

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
it looks budget-y

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Louisgod posted:

Actually it looks loving stupid

turn your monitor on

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m sure it is pretty budgety and I’m not really interested in playing unless reviews are positive. Still a nice effort though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Bloodstained retro 8 bit minigame funded in the kickstarter is out in two weeks or so.

It looks pretty okay. Mighty #9 was a pile of hot poo poo but inti creates is doing some pretty okay NES game clones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's actually been in the works for awhile, even with those names attached. But yeah, I assume World's success is what made them actually move on it.

Yeah. Monster Hunter World made the studio go from "maybe someday who knows?" to "GET YOUR WIFE, WE'RE MAKING THIS MONSTER MOVIE!!"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Who else is really hyped for MHXX?

I'm expecting MH4 levels of glory, and since I haven't gotten around to World yet/have loved earlier entries, I'm getting more and more hyped. We're finally getting god drat MHXX on this stupid super 3DS, guys! Shame it's not out til August but it's nice to finally have something huge to look forward to other than DS Remastered

Also I hear MHXX has like 4x the content and variety that world has so the more I think about it, the more ideal this setup seems for me personally. I just hope I like it as much as I liked 3 and 4, because those games were stupid addicting

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Meanwhile.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

goferchan posted:

Posting again to say that Blazblue X Burst or whatever it's called is a really good anime fighting game for people who don't like or aren't good at anime fighting games. Someone more familiar with the genre could probably explain it better than I can but basically the inputs are really simple and identical per character, you pull off your best combos by simple tapping the Attack button 3 times in a row, and damage is high and matches are super quick and can be over in like less than 30 seconds allowing for a ton of comeback potential. It kind of boils the formula down to the whole rock paper scissors/mindgames thing with less of a focus on precise combo inputs. I'm still getting my rear end kicked by players who are better than me but when it happens I can actually analyze what I did wrong and how I was punished for it as opposed to other FGs where it's often just an incomprehensible blur for me. Definitely worth checking out during the free weekend, you got nothing to lose and it's cool to see a new fighting game launching on Switch

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like my kinda game honestly

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

g0lbez posted:

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like my kinda game honestly

It's really good!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ive had every blazblue since calamity trigger (including the 3ds game) and its been hard for me to adjust to the new system. Ive been having a lot of fun with it though, I havent really settled on a team I want to work on yet. The UNIB characters are a lot of fun

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

Who else is really hyped for MHXX?

I'm expecting MH4 levels of glory, and since I haven't gotten around to World yet/have loved earlier entries, I'm getting more and more hyped. We're finally getting god drat MHXX on this stupid super 3DS, guys! Shame it's not out til August but it's nice to finally have something huge to look forward to other than DS Remastered

Also I hear MHXX has like 4x the content and variety that world has so the more I think about it, the more ideal this setup seems for me personally. I just hope I like it as much as I liked 3 and 4, because those games were stupid addicting

I’m excited because you can play as a cat.:3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://youtu.be/HPhnYMC9Hcg

Is this real.

Like holy cow I'm naturally inclined to call fake but this is really well done if it isn't real.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is this real.

Like holy cow I'm naturally inclined to call fake but this is really well done if it isn't real.

Who knows. People are really loving good at fakes these days. I could see it being real since Isle Defino was on the Mario Odyssey globe in some promotional material.

Example:
https://twitter.com/tristanacooper/status/993492055392432130?s=21

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 12, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a static scene seems well-within the realm of fabrication, but I could go either way on Mario DLC. wouldn't be surprised if they did it, but also wouldn't be if they chose to keep mainline mario specifically free of that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah, though I caught the animal crossing one right away as it's lifted from that one animal crossing video that went around like a couple years back.

It feels weird being in this age because I can easily see that Odyssey video being real, only for some dude to go "haha surprise! I used the photoshop you fool!"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is this real.

What does your heart tell you? (That it's fake! *slap*)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Lobster posted:

What does your heart tell you? (That it's fake! *slap*)

I'd really like it to be real though :negative:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just can’t make judgements on “leaks” like this anymore. I’ve seen stuff that looked hilariously fake end up being real while I’ve also seen stuff in the caliber of that video be fake.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

In today's day and age, the realest stuff ends up being random retail leaks and dudes on 4chan who just glibly go "yeah btw i edited the last direct and here's all the poo poo in it."

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Re: The Monster Hunter movie: It'll likely be enjoyable if a bit generic, but what I'd really like is for an MH movie series to be about four hunters, who are pals, fighting monsters in the MH universe and having a good time. Basically the exact opposite of the movie we're getting. They could go Guardians fo the Galaxy ripoff, even! Have one of the four hunters be a semi-gruff palico!

Instead, I suspect the movie will probably be kind of like the Transformers movies - the structure won't take anything from the franchise and will hit the same plot beats at the same time as every other huge-budget movie.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

All right Switchfriends, I leave for the beach in eight hours. If you never see me post again the car crashed! (Massive anxiety talking.) Otherwise I will report on how much Golf Story I got to play on the way down tomorrow night! I played BotW in the car last year and that poo poo was amazing so I'm excited! Bye I hope I don't die and I hope I don't jinx us by posting this!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is this real.

That's Mario Sunshine?

It's going to take a minute but Gamecube (and possibly Wii) emulation on the Switch is deffo gonna be a thing and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it.

Here's a relatively recent write-up of where the scene stands.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's delfino in a supposed mario odyssey update or DLC, is what that footage is getting at.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Lobster posted:

All right Switchfriends, I leave for the beach in eight hours. If you never see me post again the car crashed! (Massive anxiety talking.) Otherwise I will report on how much Golf Story I got to play on the way down tomorrow night! I played BotW in the car last year and that poo poo was amazing so I'm excited! Bye I hope I don't die and I hope I don't jinx us by posting this!

don't play Switch while driving

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bongo Bill posted:

don't play Switch while driving

You're not my dad!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Motto posted:

it's delfino in a supposed mario odyssey update or DLC, is what that footage is getting at.

Isle Delfino is on the globe in Odyssey (and in some promo material maps) so a lot of people were hoping it would be in the base game. It wasn't. Lot of people then hoped that it would become DLC and well, with E3 around the corner this randomly popped up.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Fly with me posted:

Just took apart my pro controller (my son spilled his apple juice on it)
I'd just like to say that I'm really glad Nintendo put regular Philips head screws in the controller.
Opening up and cleaning out was a breeze.

a bold move, considering what happened when they put regular phillips screws on the new 3ds

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The next Gunvolt game is for Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETEc3R7bwg

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Is the cross tag demo on the EU store?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

if you don't make it back can i have your joy cons

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

John Lee posted:

Re: The Monster Hunter movie: It'll likely be enjoyable if a bit generic, but what I'd really like is for an MH movie series to be about four hunters, who are pals, fighting monsters in the MH universe and having a good time. Basically the exact opposite of the movie we're getting. They could go Guardians fo the Galaxy ripoff, even! Have one of the four hunters be a semi-gruff palico!

Instead, I suspect the movie will probably be kind of like the Transformers movies - the structure won't take anything from the franchise and will hit the same plot beats at the same time as every other huge-budget movie.

Look, all I expect out of this movie is that four people beat up a monster, then proceed to kick the everloving poo poo out of each other with renewed fury (maybe one of them prances over the monster's junk, depending on what monster they fight I guess). Then they flex and go home. 10/10 score, easy.

Also there should be a recurring joke where a nerdy Deviljho keeps crashing their parties when he clearly wasn't invited.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is this real.

Ah yes the ol super-dark-room-and-not-showing-what-hardware-it's-on trick

Even if that video is fake, there have def been videos of Gamecube games running on the Switch.
(By running linux, then running Dolphin)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kragger99 posted:

It's a blast. Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Playing the Pixel Junk Monsters 2 demo. It is super cute and charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deZNZtwQQM

• Locked thread