Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

lofi posted:

That's what fedoras are for.

Don't be obtuse, they're for keeping the sun out of your eyes while you hang out at the playground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

He also has bad trigger discipline as his finger is on it.

Even the floor shitter knows not to do that

I'm the Ernest Cline cosplayer on the right in the spiffy "I'm blogging" t-shirt he made an actual point of ordering off the internet

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PassengerShaming on IG is an entire account of poo poo like this, but on airplanes. It's honestly shameful that people could be so self-absorbed that they don't realize when they're being dickheads.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

PassengerShaming on IG is an entire account of poo poo like this, but on airplanes. It's honestly shameful that people could be so self-absorbed that they don't realize when they're being dickheads.

I work in an airport, and it has taught me that the FIRST thing I'm teaching my soon to be born son is to NOT WALK BACKWARDS IN CROWDED PUBLIC SPACES AND THEN WHIRL AROUND AND DASH FORWARD BLINDLY.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

queserasera posted:

There was someone in the previous thread talking about their neighbor's hoarding tendencies that kicked off a discussion of hoarders and hoarding, complete with photos. No other thing on this failure of a planet convinces me to do chores more than photos of people choosing to live in filth. I can understand ceasing to give a gently caress due to despression and the like. Deliberately being lazy? I don't get it.

Hording seems to be a symptom of depression or some other mental disorder or trauma. Deliberate laziness though I’ve come to associate with toxic masculinity and other failures to parent and/or learned helplessness lest we forget the Reddit posts about young adult men who don’t wipe properly or wash their assholes. Apologies I don’t have a picture but a twitter post went viral in the last day where a young guy purposely left his kitchen messy and brought his girlfriend over for the first time. After she left he publically lamented she wasn’t wife material because she didn’t touch a single piece of the filth. She found the post and dumped him, good on her.

Mr. Snickerdoodles
Nov 19, 2013

That neck jiggle is horrifyingly hypnotic.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr. Snickerdoodles posted:

That's how you can tell he was saying "m'lady" without sound

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Snickerdoodles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1QHE7Lp6tw

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I work in an airport, and it has taught me that the FIRST thing I'm teaching my soon to be born son is to NOT WALK BACKWARDS IN CROWDED PUBLIC SPACES AND THEN WHIRL AROUND AND DASH FORWARD BLINDLY.

And,
"If you need to check your phone while walking, you don't. If it's important, step to the side and stop."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Hording seems to be a symptom of depression or some other mental disorder or trauma. Deliberate laziness though I’ve come to associate with toxic masculinity and other failures to parent and/or learned helplessness lest we forget the Reddit posts about young adult men who don’t wipe properly or wash their assholes. Apologies I don’t have a picture but a twitter post went viral in the last day where a young guy purposely left his kitchen messy and brought his girlfriend over for the first time. After she left he publically lamented she wasn’t wife material because she didn’t touch a single piece of the filth. She found the post and dumped him, good on her.

At some point though we have to hold some of their mothers at least partially responsible, because I seriously doubt boys that are raised to clean up after themselves in their parents households suddenly become Uber slobs when they are alone.

It's possible they'll be more forgetful if they don't have someone in their life cracking the whip about it, but even then there will be catalysts (partner, roommates, etc) that indirectly remind them to get up off their rear end. But the boys whose parents modeled hyper traditional gender roles, seeing their fathers blow off their moms about parenting and cleaning by claiming "it's not my job" inevitably end up with boys that grow up convinced they never have to bother, and probably girls that grow up resigned to their fate.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I've lived with a few hoarders over the years, almost all of them women. Usually, it seemed to be a weird control thing. My last roommate was an ardent environmentalist, which is how she justified saving a 3'x5' box filled with old Purolator envelopes, or why our fridge was filled with rotting food all the time. You could see her panicking every time me and the other girl would get tired of it and throw something out. I used to have pictures of some of the inventories of stuff she'd amassed but I guess I deleted them.

Anyways, here's some classic low-hanging fruit:

Look, ma! No teeth!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Laziness knows no gender, plenty of disgusting women out there too.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm the Ernest Cline cosplayer on the right in the spiffy "I'm blogging" t-shirt he made an actual point of ordering off the internet
That would be human skidmark Chuck Johnson

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Panfilo posted:

At some point though we have to hold some of their mothers at least partially responsible, because I seriously doubt boys that are raised to clean up after themselves in their parents households suddenly become Uber slobs when they are alone.

It's possible they'll be more forgetful if they don't have someone in their life cracking the whip about it, but even then there will be catalysts (partner, roommates, etc) that indirectly remind them to get up off their rear end. But the boys whose parents modeled hyper traditional gender roles, seeing their fathers blow off their moms about parenting and cleaning by claiming "it's not my job" inevitably end up with boys that grow up convinced they never have to bother, and probably girls that grow up resigned to their fate.

One of my first roommates grew up poor but his mom ensured that he always had a clean apartment to live in.
When we moved in together, he became a huge slob, close to hoarder status. It was his grand act of defiance against her... for some reason.
I knew that family for 15 years and he had no reason to rebel like that except his lovely view of masculinity.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Inzombiac posted:

One of my first roommates grew up poor but his mom ensured that he always had a clean apartment to live in.
When we moved in together, he became a huge slob, close to hoarder status. It was his grand act of defiance against her... for some reason.
I knew that family for 15 years and he had no reason to rebel like that except his lovely view of masculinity.

It's not the cleanliness of the house it's how much the kid gets held accountable for it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

JEEVES420 posted:

Laziness knows no gender, plenty of disgusting women out there too.

But that’s not what we’re discussing. That said, I believe the same Reddit post included an empathetic response from a young man who lived with an adult sister who did not work nor had good hygiene to the point of stinking of old blood. However I maintain there are some differing mechanisms from the “nurture” side of things when it comes to expectations of cisgender men and women when it comes to cleanliness (of self and the home).

And now I realize this is toeing too close to debating what is/n’t AUG so I’ll leave off on this line of discussion.

Small story: at one point I lived with roommates in a poorly-built house (newer, but built on the cheap right before the artificially inflated housing bubble burst) where we discovered during deep cleaning upon preparing for moveout that the master bedroom tub had a crack where the tub met the tile that mushrooms grew from. A couple lived in that room and there was nothing obvious by way of odor, but they were first to leave and only afterward did we realize they were poor cleaners to put it kindly. Imagine showering and having these very thin mushrooms sprouting inches from where you stood, an inch high. I wish I’d taken pics because I’ve never found anything like them before or since.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

But that’s not what we’re discussing. That said, I believe the same Reddit post included an empathetic response from a young man who lived with an adult sister who did not work nor had good hygiene to the point of stinking of old blood. However I maintain there are some differing mechanisms from the “nurture” side of things when it comes to expectations of cisgender men and women when it comes to cleanliness (of self and the home).

And now I realize this is toeing too close to debating what is/n’t AUG so I’ll leave off on this line of discussion.

Small story: at one point I lived with roommates in a poorly-built house (newer, but built on the cheap right before the artificially inflated housing bubble burst) where we discovered during deep cleaning upon preparing for moveout that the master bedroom tub had a crack where the tub met the tile that mushrooms grew from. A couple lived in that room and there was nothing obvious by way of odor, but they were first to leave and only afterward did we realize they were poor cleaners to put it kindly. Imagine showering and having these very thin mushrooms sprouting inches from where you stood, an inch high. I wish I’d taken pics because I’ve never found anything like them before or since.

don't talk about my dick like that rude

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I was reminded of a story for you guys today.

Way back I had a roommate who I had been friends with in high school. His hygiene was horrendous. He had his own bar of soap that he kept in the shower soap dish, my husband and I kept ours in a corner of the tub. This guy's soap developed drainage basins from erosion and no use. It looked like an aerial photo of an eroded slope. We eventually called him out which was so awkward but he started showering more frequently.

A few months later we were all up drinking together and my husband went to pee. Our friend asked if he could have a hug because he just thought I was cool and he liked hugging people. I said sure. This was a mistake. He wouldn't let me go and started saying I should leave my husband for him and that we'd be perfect together. After I steadfastly refused things got extremely awkward between us all and we weren't friends or roommates for much longer after that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

I was reminded of a story for you guys today.

Way back I had a roommate who I had been friends with in high school. His hygiene was horrendous. He had his own bar of soap that he kept in the shower soap dish, my husband and I kept ours in a corner of the tub. This guy's soap developed drainage basins from erosion and no use. It looked like an aerial photo of an eroded slope. We eventually called him out which was so awkward but he started showering more frequently.

A few months later we were all up drinking together and my husband went to pee. Our friend asked if he could have a hug because he just thought I was cool and he liked hugging people. I said sure. This was a mistake. He wouldn't let me go and started saying I should leave my husband for him and that we'd be perfect together. After I steadfastly refused things got extremely awkward between us all and we weren't friends or roommates for much longer after that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

PS: Whizz!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

cash crab posted:

I like to think someone threw that out because their, "Piss and Mentos volcano" viral video didn't work out like they thought it would.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

cash crab posted:

way of the road, Rick

I will admit to having a mild tendency to hoard, but fortunately I'm well aware of it and have diverted it into tidy digital poo poo; instead of bundles of newspapers, I have external hard drives full of TV shows (e.g.) I will probably never be able to watch barring some sort of revolution in the human lifespan.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

I saw a piss bottle in the wild the other day. It wasn't at a busy intersection or anything, just a run of the mill residential main road.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

Ooooh oooh ooooh Piss Bottle Man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcA0p8Tvnk

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Speaking of pee, here's a reminder that Mick Bumhole existed and is a bad man.
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqeZ2kIfMIA :nws: (the one video where the pee is kept away from everything)

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

cash crab posted:

timg looks like a sci-fi space helmet.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Look at this horrible poo poo stain.

Oh wow and he crapped his pants, too!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

MageMage posted:

Look at this horrible poo poo stain.

Oh wow and he crapped his pants, too!

I needed this laugh. Thank you.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

And a classic (?)

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

And a classic (?)

My fursona is a skinned furby.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

And a classic (?)

Did someone say "classic"? Don't forget to grab a snack and glass of orange juice, because heeeeere weeeeee goooooooo!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did someone say "classic"? Don't forget to grab a snack and glass of orange juice, because heeeeere weeeeee goooooooo!

You goddamned son of a bitch. Do you have any idea what clicking on that is going to do to my suggested videos?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:suicide:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Newly Recommended: Top 10 Hottest Characters in Kid's Games

.... God damnit

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Isn't there a similar video but it's some lad with his ma as well

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

how could you go wrong with a girl who looks like this

More AUG, with emphasis on the Awkward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfmf1QPm9k

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lofi posted:

how could you go wrong with a girl who looks like this

"Her personality is apparently more different from the other females..."

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, she wears a skirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Thought this was going to be a different video.