Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

40Inch posted:

While I'm here, any opinions on the Hori RAP N? Someone is buying me one in exchange for assembing PCs for them. :aaa:

It's pretty great, has a new faster PCB. Buttons and stick are kinda weird but it's very mod friendly
http://shoryuken.com/2017/08/15/shoryuken-review-hori-real-arcade-pro-n-hayabusa-arcade-stick-for-playstation-3-4/

Audio jack is crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Garnavis posted:

How do y'all find lobbies for Rev2? I've been trying to play online but there's literally zero in my region (New England I guess? The one closest to NYC).

Search player matches, this is why they put everyone into the big lobbies in DBFZ no one uses half the online modes in GG and BB.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujG8JgIB1w

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is it weird that I'm a little mad that cross tag battle got an English dub while Central Fiction remains undubbed? It's just a slap in the face that there's only one undubbed game in the series and it's the one that concludes the story and has the most in-battle interactions.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Yeah it's a little weird to feel like a video game not being in your language is a personal insult.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is it weird that I'm a little mad that cross tag battle got an English dub while Central Fiction remains undubbed? It's just a slap in the face that there's only one undubbed game in the series and it's the one that concludes the story and has the most in-battle interactions.

Yeah I get what you mean but I kind of give it a pass since cross tag has the benefit of being cheaper to do a dub for since it doesn't have like 30 hours of story mode dialogue or whatever.

I don't really care about the story though so the only real loss for me is missing all the pre/post battle dialogue which sucks because there's a ton of it. Some of it I can just infer but most of it is completely wasted on me.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
when you make a game series that has a large (if stupid) story focus over the course of about a decade, you grow an attachment to a voice cast. suddenly having to listen to a different one because "we don't really feel like spending the money (but we will on the random trash game lol)" seems pretty reasonable even if I don't agree/care at all.

like imagine if disney just publicly said "yeah we don't really feel like paying chris pratt/RDJ anymore, so for infinity war we're just gonna replace them with someone else, get bent"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Michael bay did it

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

darealkooky posted:

when you make a game series that has a large (if stupid) story focus over the course of about a decade, you grow an attachment to a voice cast. suddenly having to listen to a different one because "we don't really feel like spending the money (but we will on the random trash game lol)" seems pretty reasonable even if I don't agree/care at all.

like imagine if disney just publicly said "yeah we don't really feel like paying chris pratt/RDJ anymore, so for infinity war we're just gonna replace them with someone else, get bent"

That's exactly how Disney will do it prolly sooner than later.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They know that anyone really bummed about the dub absent from CF was gonna buy it anyway. Theyre savvy monsters

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

they were right. I was super loving bummed about the dub loss since I love the english cast and think they absolutely killed it in each game but I still bought it day one.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

yes the real problem here is calling bbctb a "random trash game" and not realizing that this IS their big game for the blazblue series. they finally have a project worth getting a dub for, and thats bbctb, the pinnacle of the bb series

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hey, bb

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Hey kid, want some oki?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, actually watched the anime ascension tourny and now I'm super hyped for BBXTag. I didn't realize everyone had multiple assists they can use midfight.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Cross Tag Battle beta is out and in watching streams/recordings, goddamn but rounds are fast and damage is super high. An entire set of bbtag takes less time than a single match in Fighterz.

The best part is, thanks to the damage being so high, we're getting some nice TODs right out of the gate.

https://twitter.com/d2ftaxi/status/994284213363851265

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Speaking of the Cross Tag Battle beta, it's an open beta and it's out on Switch right now. You'll need to be on an American account but the lag is fine as an Australian player playing over there.

If you were on the fence about Cross Tag Battle and wanted to give it a shot, now's a good time. It's open beta, so you don't need to pay anything and the game has been pretty stable for me so far. I'm enjoying it, especially since I haven't seen any Nu's around. I don't think she's in the open beta, so that's cool.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Mysticblade posted:

Speaking of the Cross Tag Battle beta, it's an open beta and it's out on Switch right now. You'll need to be on an American account but the lag is fine as an Australian player playing over there.

If you were on the fence about Cross Tag Battle and wanted to give it a shot, now's a good time. It's open beta, so you don't need to pay anything and the game has been pretty stable for me so far. I'm enjoying it, especially since I haven't seen any Nu's around. I don't think she's in the open beta, so that's cool.

She should be. I've used her a few times on PS4 at least.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's definitely some Nus hanging around but they're pretty rare. Mainly I'm just seeing Ragna/Jin/Hyde/Narukami/Ruby. There's some absolutely terrifying stuff being done with Waldstein, Narukami, Es, and Ruby though, goddamn.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I hope the PC release date on steam is right because I want to try a Waldstein Gordeau team as it looks pretty fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

UNIST characters double jumping is haram

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In Training posted:

UNIST characters double jumping and air blocking is loving awesome

:same:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Waldstein is my spirit animal

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well the open beta is up and surprisingly the server hasn't collapsed under the strain yet.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

The netcode is bizarrely good. I'm playing against people from the US from Australia, on wireless (because I don't know how to do a wired connection on Switch) and yeah, it's perfectly playable and pretty fun. I've just been running Gordeau + someone else, haven't figured out my second yet.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mysticblade posted:

(because I don't know how to do a wired connection on Switch)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYTSN18/

Plug this guy in. Your Switch with automatically switch to Wifi when undocked, and wired when docked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cross tag owns and im glad they havent backed down on damage being insanely high

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Dits. The open beta server seems really well populated on the switch. The games a lot of fun

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm loving how quick matches go. I love a good DBFZ slugfest too but sometimes you just want to get a few quick rounds in.

I'm glad there seems to be mostly positive feedback about the game. I hope it gets super popular in the tag scene and not just relegated to "anime game"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there even still a tag scene anymore

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Marvel still gets played a bit i thought

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I mean, dbfz is the tag scene these days

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

In Training posted:

Is there even still a tag scene anymore

In my city apparently theres a decent marvel scene which has kinda morphed into a DBFZ scene.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
BBtb is insanely fun. It basically fixes all my issues with dbfz (limited assists, lack of defensive options, no mitsuru*) and is fast as hell. I like a match being over around 20 seconds if it's a total stomp. I'm often on the other end of that stomp, but hey.

The beta made me go from curious to buying it around launch for sure.

*i'm placing all my hopes and dreams on those leaks being real

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who are the dlc rumors and can they be bought separately?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Real hurthling! posted:

Who are the dlc rumors and can they be bought separately?

https://personacentral.com/remaining-3-dlc-persona-4-arena-characters-leaked-for-blazblue-cross-tag-battle-via-datamine/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh sweet. Ty switch hackers

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What are the already announced dlc characters? I keep getting speculation when I search.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chaotic Flame posted:

What are the already announced dlc characters? I keep getting speculation when I search.

from wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue:_Cross_Tag_Battle

Platinum
Jubei
Hakumen
Kanji
Aegis
Naoto
Orie
Carmine
Vatista
Blake
Yang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Blake and Yang who are gonna be free forever and available on release

Character Pack 1: Kanji, Orie, and Platinum (Also free on release, but will be back on sale after a week or two prob)
Character Pack 2: Aigis, Carmine, and Jubei
Character Pack 3: Naoto, Vatista, and Hakumen

The remaining three haven't been announced yet, but as we already have the leaked roster now it's just a matter of seeing trailers for 100% confirmation

• Locked thread