Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how everyone in wrestling runs around saying "I'm the best, I'm #1" and EC3's whole thing is "I'm in the top 1%". Like I'm great, but so are several others in my league. It's nice of him to share like that.

Also I really want a Breezango/Velveteen stable someday. Maybe add a fashionable weirdo woman to the group too (Emma would've been a good fit, but welp).

Uncle Ulty posted:

I just see them both filling the same role of innocent character who can easily be intimidated or picked on by larger or more experienced wrestlers. The niche that Bayley has now can just as easily be filled by Dakota Kai.
People also said Alexa's gimmick was a Bayley clone when she debuted, and didn't think she could pull it off at first when she turned heel. People forget that unless you're coming in already well established, NXT is for trying out gimmicks and repackaging them to see what works best. Worst case, Bayley gets a plucky new BFF, not a replacement.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Roque11 posted:

So tonight is night one of the NXT tapings at Full Sail and it has me thinking. Pete Dunne is so ordinary in terms of his look and everything else. Why do they keep shoving this guy down people's throats and yet they never use Jordan Devlin?

Jordan is a lovely person and I hope he gets to full NXT soon, but Pete Dunne needs to be on RAW, Smackdown, 205live, and biting people on total divas if that's still going.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

sticklefifer posted:

I like how everyone in wrestling runs around saying "I'm the best, I'm #1" and EC3's whole thing is "I'm in the top 1%". Like I'm great, but so are several others in my league. It's nice of him to share like that.

Yeah, it worked better when Occupy was still a thing, but being in the top 1% of the wrestling industry is the WWE gimmick - Curt Hawkins could beat the poo poo out of Indy geeks, but can't beat superstars.

Also top 1% isn't that rich, so that isn't very effective either. When he debuted Percy said he never worked a day in his life, and I think Mauro said "look at his body, he works hard" so he's not entitled and lazy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sticklefifer posted:

Man you'd have loved "Above Average" Mike Sanders in the dying days of WCW.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

People also said Alexa's gimmick was a Bayley clone when she debuted, and didn't think she could pull it off at first when she turned heel. People forget that unless you're coming in already well established, NXT is for trying out gimmicks and repackaging them to see what works best. Worst case, Bayley gets a plucky new BFF, not a replacement.

Dakota already has a better BFF.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I want Dakota to kick Shayna in the head so badly.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Also, Mauro being apoplectic over Ciampa getting a win in a regular old match was awesome.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I like the idea of the play by play guy not being completely impartial in special cases but I felt like he went overboard with it on this weeks TV.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I want Dakota to kick Shayna in the head so badly.

Yeah one of the best things about NXT is that they do long form storytelling and you can actually trust them to give the right payoff.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/994707510673268736

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My stepdaughter just watched Ciampa/Ohno with me and now I’m getting ready to show her Gargano/Ciampa at her request. :neckbeard:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gamingCaffeinator posted:

NXT isn't edited down, which is really nice. The main roster stuff tends to get gutted on Hulu, but NXT/Takeovers are always up in full.

hold up

nxt and takeovers are on hulu?

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hold up

Yes indeedy.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hold up

Yeah, it owns real hard.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Along with Tino's pec tear

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/994891930323574785

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So much for NXT's hottest angle :geno:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Stepdaughter update - the video package before Ciampa/Gargano at Takeover absolutely hooked her. She made me give her my tablet so she could watch the beatdown Ciampa put on Johnny a few weeks ago while she brushed her teeth and did her nighttime acne routine. She agreed Tomasso Ciampa is a horrible human being for turning on his best friend and yelled "DON'T DO IT" when Johnny sat down on the mat and looked like he was going to forgive Tomasso right before Tomasso swung at him. NXT might become our Thursday night tradition when she's at our house...

Oh, and she likes Roderick Strong's smile based upon the graphic for next week's Undisputed Era six-man match.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 11, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's :3: as hell

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I enjoy Raul Mendoza a lot.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CobiWann posted:

Stepdaughter update - the video package before Ciampa/Gargano at Takeover absolutely hooked her. She made me give her my tablet so she could watch the beatdown Ciampa put on Johnny a few weeks ago while she brushed her teeth and did her nighttime acne routine. She agreed Tomasso Ciampa is a horrible human being for turning on his best friend and yelled "DON'T DO IT" when Johnny sat down on the mat and looked like he was going to forgive Tomasso right before Tomasso swung at him. NXT might become our Thursday night tradition when she's at our house...

Oh, and she likes Roderick Strong's smile based upon the graphic for next week's Undisputed Era six-man match.

:3:

Please tell us her description of Ciampa

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 12, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has ciampa ever had music

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

They made individual themes for him and Johnny for the CWC.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

DoctorDelaware posted:

I enjoy Raul Mendoza a lot.

:highfive:

I also loved watching #1 Street Profit fan screaming "YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! I HATE YOU!!!" in Ciampa's face and his buddy holding him back. I rewound that 3 times and laughed my rear end off each time.

Also I don't know what the high 5 smilie is.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DangerDummy! posted:

Also I don't know what the high 5 smilie is.

: hfive : :hfive:
Or if you just want the hands, : hf : :hf:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Baron Corbyn posted:

They made individual themes for him and Johnny for the CWC.

Gargano had some weird theme that was a mix of Rebel Heart without lyrics and the start of the last DIY theme back then.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

: hfive : :hfive:
Or if you just want the hands, : hf : :hf:

Thanks, buddy!

:hfive:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Gargano had some weird theme that was a mix of Rebel Heart without lyrics and the start of the last DIY theme back then.

Yeah, I heard it before I saw the match and I was super disappointed that Ciampa's theme was completely different and they weren't running with them each having a different mix of Chrome Hearts.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

They're taking this break up very literally.

It's kind of sad how top heavy NXT's roster got that they're already spinning their wheels for something to do with EC3.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/995110724606267393

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Samoan and Irish? I can hear the blood rushing to Vince's penis as we speak

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Wazzu posted:

:3:

Please tell us her description of Ciampa

"A eighth grader who gets upset that a sixth grader is better then him."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

Samoan and Irish? I can hear the blood rushing to Vince's penis as we speak

"Let's call him Manuia McGillicutty. That's a strong Irish/Samoan name."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CobiWann posted:

Oh my God. Genius.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

CobiWann posted:

For real that's loving perfect.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

the_american_dream posted:

He had god tier Indy Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr8v7xcmvi8

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

CobiWann posted:

Hahaha amazing

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Just want to say that I'm insanely hyped for this match.

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/994378316135067648

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Um... you guys? Holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/0C1iLsB4-ok

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ciampa talked about this. He said Taker walked him through the whole chokeslam, while the segment was live

Besides, you never heard about Tommy Penmanship?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/995663988552847360