Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Then the next morning my friend (whose couch I was crashing on) put on Once Upon a Time in the West at 7am while I and several other friends were severely hungover. That was also the first time I had seen that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Then the next morning my friend (whose couch I was crashing on) put on Once Upon a Time in the West at 7am while I and several other friends were severely hungover. That was also the first time I had seen that movie

The....first time?

[edit] Oh poo poo, I thought you meant that Seth McFarlane movie that way just one joke repeated a billion times.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's okay to light a movie!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God I almost choked on my drink at "he can fit between her toes".

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Eric's really been on fire the past month or so. I think my biggest laughs have been coming from him ever since Shrek.

"You can find a rat outside right now and eat it!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Deleter posted:

Eric's really been on fire the past month or so. I think my biggest laughs have been coming from him ever since Shrek.

"You can find a rat outside right now and eat it!"

One thing I love about WHM, is that even when someone posts one of their lines in this thread I get a sensible chuckle out of it.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEWwVgFIcg

Huh, and this show has been on the air for decades?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The Transcendence episode is worth the price of Patreon alone.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I thought the cum cake derail was hilarious.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Cum Cake has to be a sequel to Cum Heist.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Loved the return of the Seagal/Depardieu/Snowden sitcom. If they make this a running gag throughout all the Patreon eps, it's MORE than worth the money.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It was recorded before Infinity War, so that was probably much fresher in their mind. Always a great bit.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Baka-nin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEWwVgFIcg

Huh, and this show has been on the air for decades?

This is good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Their Johnny Depp impersonation is constantly threatening to turn into a Robin Williams impersonation

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally subscribed to their Patreon today, just watched Jungle 2 Jungle for the first time since seeing it in theaters as a kid to prepare for the episode and what the gently caress was that movie :psyboom:

There are so many reasons why that could've only been made in the 90s. Absolutely not happening post 9/11.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It should have been about werewolves. It always should be about werewolves.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Their Johnny Depp impersonation is constantly threatening to turn into a Robin Williams impersonation

Or Robin Williams playing Hunter S. Thompson.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I've never seen the X-Files and everything I know is via pop culture osmosis. Will I enjoy this episode?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I've never seen the X-Files

Neither did the people making the movie according to the episode. Hah? Hah?

But seriously, you'll be fine. This is the advantage of WHM over poo poo like How Did This Get Made, you can follow along without seeing it or being familiar with the mythology of the movie.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Neither did the people making the movie according to the episode. Hah? Hah?

But seriously, you'll be fine. This is the advantage of WHM over poo poo like How Did This Get Made, you can follow along without seeing it or being familiar with the mythology of the movie.

Yeah, I've seen like 5 of the movies they've done and almost never had trouble enjoying the episode.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detheros posted:

Yeah, I've seen like 5 of the movies they've done and almost never had trouble enjoying the episode.

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of the movies either. Seeing it certainly does add enjoyment, but it's not required. Sometimes it does jog loose a memory that I have in fact seen a movie (The New Adventures of Pipi Longstocking was one) at some point, which can be a real trip.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Holy poo poo, why do I have a false memory of this movie involving werewolves, too? Was there some weird marketing thing that implied that or something?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fart City posted:

Holy poo poo, why do I have a false memory of this movie involving werewolves, too? Was there some weird marketing thing that implied that or something?

Someone on the subreddit found a Cracked article that had an old leaked behind the scenes photo that has Chris Carter with a dude who seems to be wearing a werewolf mask, so that might have something to do with it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25586_5-awesome-movie-plot-leaks-that-inexplicably-went-nowhere.html

(sorry I can't put the picture directly; I'm phone posting)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This mailbag is the end of WHM Phase 1. Incredible top to bottom.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Someone on the subreddit found a Cracked article that had an old leaked behind the scenes photo that has Chris Carter with a dude who seems to be wearing a werewolf mask, so that might have something to do with it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25586_5-awesome-movie-plot-leaks-that-inexplicably-went-nowhere.html

(sorry I can't put the picture directly; I'm phone posting)

Yeah, I remember listening to the Dread Central podcast when this movie came out and Andrew Kasch was utterly furious at them leaking werewolf pictures then giving us this snooze fest of a non movie.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Realtalk: the absolute best thing to come out of the X-Files revival, which was a spectacular wet fart, is Gillian Anderson absolutely roasting them for it

https://twitter.com/michaelausiello/status/996012924857716736
https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/996050284525834240

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
More mailbags with the significant others, I say.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

END ME SCOOB posted:

Realtalk: the absolute best thing to come out of the X-Files revival, which was a spectacular wet fart, is Gillian Anderson absolutely roasting them for it

https://twitter.com/michaelausiello/status/996012924857716736
https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/996050284525834240

Gillian Anderson gives so little fucks it's an inspiration. Both she and Duchovny came back happy to do more and just wound up so done by the end of this trainwreck.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Yeah I know people who worked on this latest season of X-Files and it was apparently quite the ordeal. Just a mess.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Feels real bad when I remember Kumail Nanjiani on his X Files Files podcast saying, "I hope I didn't bring this thing we all love back to life just to have it die." (paraphrasing)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The 11th season of X-files was actually pretty good, but I'm fine with letting it go. Nerds as a whole need to learn to let things go, she also: Firefly.

The mailbag episode almost made me fall of a treadmill. There needs to be more with the wives present.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

enigmahfc posted:

The 11th season of X-files was actually pretty good, but I'm fine with letting it go. Nerds as a whole need to learn to let things go, she also: Firefly.

The mailbag episode almost made me fall of a treadmill. There needs to be more with the wives present.

yea despite it being a complete mess behind the scenes I think 11 was pretty solid on the whole, but I absolutely am okay saying 'I got 11 seasons of enjoyment from this I'm fine saying goodbye'.

Mailbag was absolutely worth the wait, too. Of course these guys married people with the same sense of humor and all. I hope we get a proper movie ep with them too.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I definitely liked it, but I'll probably have future problems if they don't mic the SOs better the next time(s)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

enigmahfc posted:

I guess my thing is that X-Files is a rad vector for rad genre storytelling, but there are two kinds of fans that make up its base: those that care about the overall conspiracy arc, and those that are more into the monster of the week stuff. To me, two agents investigating weird poo poo for a secret division of the FBI is fertile grounds for an infinite amount of seasons. It’s when you bog the characters down with a seven layer bean dip of conspiracy narratives that the seams begin to fray. It also didn’t help that the conspiracy stuff in the original run was such an Of It’s Time thing, and doesn’t really play the same anymore.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It freshened up the mailbag a lot having more people. I love the mailbags, but it kinda seemed for a while like they'd all run out of movie/poop stories.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love the dynamics between all of them. :3:

The bits where the guys would make a joke and their SO would be just like, "No." were hilarious and adorable and the only thing that made it even better was that the ladies got in on it too.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Lord of the Rings letter, holy poo poo.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I hope they can get their wives on more often :kimchi:. Like was said earlier, dynamic was so good and I'm always down for more stories of their weird adventures. Especially Cabin ones.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Fart City posted:

I guess my thing is that X-Files is a rad vector for rad genre storytelling, but there are two kinds of fans that make up its base: those that care about the overall conspiracy arc, and those that are more into the monster of the week stuff. To me, two agents investigating weird poo poo for a secret division of the FBI is fertile grounds for an infinite amount of seasons. It’s when you bog the characters down with a seven layer bean dip of conspiracy narratives that the seams begin to fray. It also didn’t help that the conspiracy stuff in the original run was such an Of It’s Time thing, and doesn’t really play the same anymore.

I like both MotW and Myth arc stuff, but the I liked the Myth arc specifically because it had gotten to loving dumb after season 6 that it was impossible to hate them because it was like listening to a child tell a story really earnestly but really badly too. I just have a soft spot for X-Files as a whole, though.

The fact that there was more than one story of breaking up poop with your hand during this mailbag floored me. Also, Cabin's delivery of ,"Bitch, you better run."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I think it's funny that the mailbag that takes place at the Headgum studio has some of the worst audio quality in many years. I get that it is 8 people, but there are some bad moments.