Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Probably about as a good a result as possible. Vanes gets in some good shots but Golovkin is back to being a destroyer and, for the benefit of us fossils, it was short.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Golovkin looked particularly mean and ripped coming into this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Christ that was brutal

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
A more brutal combo you'll rarely see

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
The slowmo replay of the uppercut was my favorite.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Roy Jones Jr and Max Kellerman are awful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like that GGG's victim had nightmare on his shorts.

lol David Haye too

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy poo poo GGG murdered a man

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Monday Bandele posted:

Roy Jones Jr and Max Kellerman are awful

I really liked Kellerman but he's become a bit more of a hack lately.

That said I think his particular comments about the late hit and stuff were because he was trying to appease RJJ

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a one sided fight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Card was a bit disappointing actually, but at least next week we have Linares/Lomachenko and Ali/Munguia

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM3HCEGEmrc&t=423s

italian chef kissing fingers.gif becoming bigger until it becomes the size of the sun

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hearing GGG's theme music come up still gets me going even though this fight is a bit of let down compared to the other fights we could have.

honestly if he used the original White Stripes version and not a lovely cover I'd like him more

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
This was a good opportunity to see that Golovkin hasn't really lost a step. Vanes is a solid B+ level junior middleweight who's never been stopped and GGG completely wiped him out.

The middleweight division has gotten really strong all of a sudden: GGG, Canelo, Jacobs, Charlo, Saunders, Andrade, plus dark-horses like Murata and Derevyanchenko, and with prospects like Jason Quigley coming up. No shortage of intriguing options for any of these guys.

Golovkin/Canelo 2 probably gets made, but Golovkin doesn't need Canelo anymore like he did before the first fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Golovkin/Canelo 2 probably gets made, but Golovkin doesn't need Canelo anymore like he did before the first fight.

yer. charlo and saunders are both fantastic fights and legit potential scalps. everyone knows ggg won the first fight anyway, ggg doesn't need it.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
WBSS mk 2 is set to be announced tomorrow, supposedly its super light and bantam weights.

Also Groves is rumoured to be out of the super middle weight final with Eubanks Jr standing in and there is still no announced date for either final...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

madey posted:

Also Groves is rumoured to be out of the super middle weight final with Eubanks Jr standing in and there is still no announced date for either final...

lol. pointless.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Usyk is also injured and asking for the final to be postponed, so hopefully both tournament finals happen. Usyk/Gassiev is a huge fight; total unification of the cruiserweight division and a spot on people's pound for pound lists. It should be a great fight too, as Usyk/Briedis and Gassiev/Dorticos proved to be. It would be tragic if it didn't happen.

Groves/Smith could also be in trouble due to proposed rescheduling, but Groves said last month that his injury was fully healed, so I'm not sure why that fight wouldn't happen.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I had assumed that Usyk wasn't really injured and it was a ploy to get the final out of Saudi Arabia and move it to Russia but I'm not really sure what is or isn't real or posturing anymore.

In terms of something better happening it appears as if Mikey Garcia will be facing off against Robert Easter this summer to unify 135 belts. Assuming the promotional logistics work it's a pretty easy path to fully unifying the division after Lomachenko-Linares winner fights Ray Beltran to unify the other two straps.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/5/8/17333708/garcia-vs-easter-benavidez-card-in-works-for-july-28

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Lomachenko/Garcia has to happen. Top 5 fight in boxing between two pound for pound talents in the same division.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Lomachenko/Garcia has to happen. Top 5 fight in boxing between two pound for pound talents in the same division.

It's the only fight that matters imo. There's a lot of fights for bud at welter and middleweight got stacked somehow, but no fight has the significance of mikey and loma.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
The next wbss will feature 3 weight classes: bantamweight, junior welterweight and one yet to be announced though its believed to be light heavyweight. Zolani Tete, Ryan Burnett and Emmanuel Rodriguez have already committed to the bantamweight tournament and Naoya Inoue will be in if he beats Jamie McDonnell later this month.

Injuries and Cocaine Kalle Sauerland memes aside these tournaments have been great and I hope they keep going for as long as possible

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/5/10/17339682/naoya-inoue-agrees-to-join-wbss-tournament

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
somehow Eddie Hearn has managed to get $1billion over 8 years from streaming platform DAZN for 16 US shows per year, perhaps signalling the end of Al Haymon and Boxing on HBO

I want him to negotiate my next pay rise at work

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/eddie-hearn-boxing-1bn-deal-matchroom-dazn-streaming-giant-pay-per-view-a8345866.html

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
"At the heart of the deal, Hearn and Matchroom Boxing will stage 16 shows in America, which will be streamed exclusively on DAZN in the States, while 16 of his UK shows will also be shown on the platform...DAZN, who are hoping to emerge as ‘the Netflix of sport’, already operate in Canada, Japan, Germany, Austria and Switzerland but they have huge plans to take over America too."

Easy streaming that will let me support the sport legally, no HBO-style premium cable service required?? It's looking good boys.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Boxing is the only sport I watch, so buying the whole package just for that seems wasteful, but a sports streaming service that is available in Canada is very cool so I'm definitely thinking about it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Pretty good undercard to loma Linares right now.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Bunce is also able to pronounce 'lomachenko' now too, so that's progress.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Adames was not impressive

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Who should I root for because I don’t really know enough about boxing to know

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Linares is good but Loma is really fun to watch IMO

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Strong first 3 rounds but feels like Loma is coming on now.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Main difference right now is that this looks to go 12 and we're unlikely to get a quitting result, but Loma doesn't look to be in much danger.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Loma is a goddamn monster with speed and movement, you can see frustration set in in his opponents every fight. Great rounds so far though, close

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I have 4-1 Loma and Linares does not look happy

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
He's so much smaller and yet so much better. It's awesome.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Not just faster and more technical but there's power there too

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Calling it now, this is gonna be a tko between rounds

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
WOW!!!!

Well that squares things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU