Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cojawfee posted:

Those aren't official controllers though, and the quality is sometimes questionable.

8bitdo controllers tend to be pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Minit rules, it's got a lot of nice, clever puzzles, the dialogue's funny, and it can be played in short bursts so it's great for portable play. Yes you can speed through it in 30 minutes if you know what you're doing but your first time though is going to be more like an hour and a half to two hours and there's a heavily remixed hard mode that takes about as long.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cojawfee posted:

Those aren't official controllers though, and the quality is sometimes questionable.

The best controllers for the SNES (Ascii Pads and Rhino Pads) weren't official controllers either.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Whats the deal with the endless gauntlet of bosses in the room to the left after you defeat Isaacs Mom in binding of Isaac? Does it ever end? So tired of getting all the way to the Mom and then getting killed after defeating 10+ bosses in that room

I know from now on to not go in it but I hate stuff like that in games where you cannot win. It is super frustrating and makes you feel like you wasted your time.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wondering this myself, looked up a video and in a half hour someone already beat the entire thing so uh... really wondering why people are excited about it other than "it is a game that exists and is on the switch"

Over There posted:

Is it good?

It's a good puzzle-ish game but it's pretty short. It has replayability though with some game modes.

You can beat the first game blind in about 3-5 hours.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kvlt! posted:

Whats the deal with the endless gauntlet of bosses in the room to the left after you defeat Isaacs Mom in binding of Isaac? Does it ever end? So tired of getting all the way to the Mom and then getting killed after defeating 10+ bosses in that room

I know from now on to not go in it but I hate stuff like that in games where you cannot win. It is super frustrating and makes you feel like you wasted your time.

That's a boss rush room. It's a long string (15 waves of 2 bosses) in a row, but it does end. You should be able to bypass it and go deeper. I only ever play it if I have an awesome build on that run.

https://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Boss_Rush

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 13, 2018

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
That room opens when you beat mom within 20 minutes. It does end after a bunch of waves and you get an item at the end of it, it also has unlocks tied to it for each character you beat it with.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

King Vidiot posted:

The protagonist is a swearing redneck. For no reason.

Like you missed my point, my point was that if you're going to have a redneck protagonist have a reason for it. Like just making a Redneck Rampage remake.

I really like the game and will defend it to the death but it's even worse lol, the protagonist is like some Finnish game studio's idea of what a redneck is. Sometimes when a bunch of frog enemies spawn your character is like "I heard they eat frog legs in Europe..... yuck!" -- I'm from the south and eating frog legs is the most redneck rear end poo poo I can think of . Also apparently the main character is from Kansas which is absolutely not a "redneck" state. Basically gently caress Europeans lol

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Guy Goodbody posted:

City of Heroes would be perfect on the Switch

City of Heroes was TOO perfect for this world.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Knorth posted:

"Is this rain ever going to fuckin' end, jesus!"

I'd enjoy a simple

SHIIIIT!!

when it started to rain. Brief, but super loud. Loud enough that the audio clips just a little bit.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I'd rather have people to play Towerfall with myself. Game is great but all my gamer friends moved away.

Same. My brother-in-law doesn't live too far, but ultimately I find adult life too busy to be playing too many games, let alone getting people to join up. The few game friends I have are way more into board games than anything else.

Does Towerfall have an online mode, because then it becomes way more interesting, even if there won't be any trash talk.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

I really like the game and will defend it to the death but it's even worse lol, the protagonist is like some Finnish game studio's idea of what a redneck is. Sometimes when a bunch of frog enemies spawn your character is like "I heard they eat frog legs in Europe..... yuck!" -- I'm from the south and eating frog legs is the most redneck rear end poo poo I can think of . Also apparently the main character is from Kansas which is absolutely not a "redneck" state. Basically gently caress Europeans lol

Oh no you mean it’s offensive when cultures are misrepresented in a game *kills 800 Arabs in call of duty while quotes from the GW bush administration pop up*

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh no you mean it’s offensive when cultures are misrepresented in a game *kills 800 Arabs in call of duty while quotes from the GW bush administration pop up*

yikes

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this stuff is funny, like the article Ben Kuchera wrote about how FC5 is particularly bad because "america is a real and complex place" after 3 games set in africa and nepal etc

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

He wasn't offended lol. It's just funny. Like in Resident Evil 7 there's a poster that says American Football because a Japanese dev thinks that's what an American teen would have in his room.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol no I like it, it's just funny to see the Euro take on that stereotype. The devs mentioned that they have never been to the US and it shows

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Cool, I will check it out. Mostly bought the stand for vertical mode Ikaruga. Any of the other arcade schmup ports support vertical mode?

Danmaku Unlimited 3 isn't an arcade port but it's a really fun shmup and looks sick in vertical mode.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh ok so it’s more like the beginning of metal slug 2 where it’s a stereotype but also it’s funny that there is a metal slug camel shooting guys with swords with accurate Arabic signs saying “I have diarrhea” in the background

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

When the online service arrives, will I need to buy two subscriptions/the family thing for me and my little sister’s account? We use the same switch but play Splatoon & mario kart online on seperate profiles. Thanks in game boy advanced, Lube Enthusiast

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

When the online service arrives, will I need to buy two subscriptions/the family thing for me and my little sister’s account? We use the same switch but play Splatoon & mario kart online on seperate profiles. Thanks in game boy advanced, Lube Enthusiast
Yeah the lower level of service is just for one account, its not like PS+ where it covers every account on the console.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

xedo posted:

True, but... the Wii's virtual console largely relied on using a wii classic controller accessory. Snes and N64 games couldn't play off a simple wiimote. There's no reason they couldn't make a new joycon set with analog triggers specifically to support a gamecube package or line of ports. Maybe throw in a microphone too, for the ds/3ds/wii u games that relied on having something to blow into.

The problem with a JoyCon that has analogue triggers is it completely invalidates the existing iteration, it wouldn't just exist merely for Gamecube ports. The only way you're gonna see it happen is if they roll it out as a newJoyCon/JoyCon 2.0.

You'd be more likely to see a Switch version of a Wavebird.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rolo posted:

“Jesus Christ it’s hot out here.”

“Jesus Christ now it’s cold again.

Picturing Link with a British accent here. Or maybe Australian.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Kvlt! posted:

Good thing it’s not one of those things you can’t win. I won it my first try but it was pretty funny how that poo poo just kept coming.

One of these times you’ll randomly have a build that makes it easy. It’s a fun challenge when you do.

I had like splitting acid rapid fire tears that arced lightning wherever they hit and it just melted everything in the room as it spawned. I also had something that healed me I want to say.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Looper posted:

if you don't make it back can i have your joy cons

I made it safely to the beach so nobody gets my joy cons but me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

He wasn't offended lol. It's just funny. Like in Resident Evil 7 there's a poster that says American Football because a Japanese dev thinks that's what an American teen would have in his room.

This is extremely accurate to Louisiana though, they even used the correct school colors for the college its an obvious reference too. Hell, the devs went an extra mile and the potato chip bags in the house are modeled after a local louisiana brand.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wait it's a poster about the sport and not the band American Football? lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It would have been the perfect troll if this said Nintendo 3DS at the end.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Macaluso posted:

Why are nerds like this

Everyone is dragging him for it of course but this is a pretty common thing with nerds and it's like why. Why are you like this

its aspergers usually and the nerd wont realize it/noone will tell them/no help and next thing you know hes gone full incel/alt-right and wants to debate you for solid 24 over some dumb poo poo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

its aspergers usually and the nerd wont realize it/noone will tell them/no help and next thing you know hes gone full incel/alt-right and wants to debate you for solid 24 over some dumb poo poo

Kinda like the Nintendo Switch thread.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
everyone is cool in here. positive vibes, friends.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I like this thread. I'm posting here instead of going down to the ocean aren't I? (Also waiting for my dad to wake up so we can go to our favorite restaurant for breakfast... that's also what I'm doing.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lube Enthusiast posted:

There's a family subscription that covers up to 7 accounts IIRC

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lobster posted:

I like this thread. I'm posting here instead of going down to the ocean aren't I? (Also waiting for my dad to wake up so we can go to our favorite restaurant for breakfast... that's also what I'm doing.)

Going to lunch with your dad on Mother's Day is a pretty good way to own your mom

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
I love this thread :) One of the best on the forums!

Have the Splatfest results been published yet? I’m curious to see which team will win - I was playing on Team Mikey last night but the opposing teams were really good

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Picturing Link with a British accent here. Or maybe Australian.

*gets headbutted by a sheep*

“OY oval office”

*falls down entire mountain*

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The service at the restaurant I took my mom to was awful. They brought her an extra mimosa though, so meh.

Oh, content. Switch good. Bbtag good. Play, yes

Edit: lol trainspotting, starring link

Edit2: Hearty Durian Dilemas #69

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 13, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Guy Goodbody posted:

Going to lunch with your dad on Mother's Day is a pretty good way to own your mom

My mom died when I was 10 so I can't really help it. E: But thanks for the reminder that it's Mother's Day, that really cheered me up!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Lobster posted:

My mom died when I was 10 so I can't really help it. E: But thanks for the reminder that it's Mother's Day, that really cheered me up!

The Lobster posted:

wow im going to the ocean too and my mom died when i was young too we are like the same person. I am celebrating the day with my wife though because shes a good mom.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Happy Metroid Other M Day, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Doorknob Slobber posted:

wow im going to the ocean too and my mom died when i was young too we are like the same person. I am celebrating the day with my wife though because shes a good mom.

Cool. I don't have a wife though. I do have a boyfriend. I sent his mom chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day.

• Locked thread