Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Byers2142 posted:

Did two different people just confuse kumba and Andy? If it were allowed, I'd say that is evidence of OOT conversation. As it is, what the hell?
In my defense, I'm back to being entirely on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapnAndy posted:

Now that we're all done belittling each other, we do still need a Chancellor. Does anyone on any side of any slapfight have an issue with Byers? I was gonna suggest Amalgam but I don't think anyone's talking to/about him at all, which is weird and a little potentially Hitler-y.

I do; I've already been Chancellor and had a 1 and 1 choice. In fact, I think I'm the only Chancellor thus far that was given a choice. At 2 lib to 1 fas, it's a waste making me Chancellor instead of trying out other people and getting more information.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

This is good logic.

I'm so back and forth on kumba, I'm leaning wanting to see him as Chancellor just to have more info to go on.

Why kumba over AA?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have no strong feelings about AA at all right now, but at least for me, kumba feels like someone who I'd like to be able to reevaluate knowing if there's a fascist policy attached.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

In fact, more on Andy's suggestion. If AA feels hitler-y to you, why not put him in the government while it is safe to and see what he does? Maybe he fucks up and outs himself. Its weird to make that suggestion attached to wanting to skip a chance to gain information on him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I have no strong feelings about AA at all right now, but at least for me, kumba feels like someone who I'd like to be able to reevaluate knowing if there's a fascist policy attached.

Fair enough. I'm leaning towards AA simply because there's so little there right now to read.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

In fact, more on Andy's suggestion. If AA feels hitler-y to you, why not put him in the government while it is safe to and see what he does? Maybe he fucks up and outs himself. Its weird to make that suggestion attached to wanting to skip a chance to gain information on him.

This is why I want kumba in government in the next couple of turns and why I would consider putting him first, but I think as long as kumba is chancellor in the next couple of governments we should be fine if he is Secret Hitler.

What I'm concerned about in the future is if kumba is Secret Hitler, I'm not sure I want him as the one with the 2nd investigation or special election.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean if the deck count is right, then the next two governments should be able to pass 1F1L to the chancellor, but for some reason I feel like the Cpig government will be more revealing so to speak.

As long as a liberal policy is passed in the CPig government, I see no reason to deny a DB government, but the problem becomes if a fascist policy is enacted first because then we would be looking at DB with 2F2L and wondering if the count is off. Then we would have to consider if we want to start skipping governments. If we skipped DB, then kumba would be up and if we skipped him then AA would be up and we'd have to accept him or take the top policy.

And that is why I think it's important that the next chancellor is one of kumba/AA because we can't move past them without having to elect one of them unless DB is elected.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am currently in St Augustine and drunk at 1230 for the wife's birthday so it is extraordinarily unlikely I'll be able to participate further today

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kumba posted:

I am currently in St Augustine and drunk at 1230 for the wife's birthday so it is extraordinarily unlikely I'll be able to participate further today

No big deal, we have until tomorrow at like 11pm CST to make the nomination.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah. Another example of cap being off this game.

Still fine with AA or kumba. Don't think I'd vote in anyone else.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Game status has now been added to the OP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m fine with either aa or kumba

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I say nominate AA. If tmm's senario comes to pass, I think getting info on AA now would make that tough choice a little less tough.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Byers2142 posted:

Because if he's Hitler he'll act perfectly nicely this time around in office to establish himself as a viable candidate for when picking him as Chancellor is an insta-lose.

Also I don't understand how the same town that's measuring me for a noose because I am not optimized for new information or whatever simultaneously wants to elect the guy who was already Chancellor one turn ago, but I'm so far done arguing it's not funny. My game is simple: I'm gonna help liberals and elect liberals. Anyone who wants to join in, great, everyone else trying to 11th-dimensional chess their own asses into losing by being too clever by half, keep on keeping on. I'm only one vote.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Reminder that there are about 9 hours until nomination deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

No big deal, we have until tomorrow at like 11pm CST to make the nomination.

Hah, I misread the original time and didn't realize it was 11pm GMT.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapnAndy posted:

Now that we're all done belittling each other, we do still need a Chancellor. Does anyone on any side of any slapfight have an issue with Byers? I was gonna suggest Amalgam but I don't think anyone's talking to/about him at all, which is weird and a little potentially Hitler-y.

Could you explain again why this is potentially hitler-y

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope CPig looks in and nominates someone. We've all pretty much agreed it should be one of AA/kumba, so he can go ahead and pick one and we can all just vote on it at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dancer posted:

Game status has now been added to the OP.

Also, thanks. :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am going to be gone/busy most of the day so I am going to go ahead and throw this out.

##nominate AA

##vote yes

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##vote yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Happy moms day ##vote yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's see what happens.

##vote yes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote yes

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One more vote seals it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I'm okay with it.

##vote yes

Dancer
May 23, 2011
With winter comes another Fascist policy. The country is getting close to a point where a particularly ruthless leader might be able to seize power with one swift coup, given the opportunity...

CapitalistPig may ##investigate a player. For this he has 48 hours.

Game status:

5 cards in the policy deck
8 cards in the discard pile

2 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig

Previous administration was CapitalistPig and Anomalous Amalgam

Investigation deadline: 15th May, 20:00 GMT

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I got two fascist and a liberal and passed a fascist and a liberal.

AA bad guy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

I got two fascist and a liberal and passed a fascist and a liberal.

AA bad guy

Lies I got 2 fascist cards. Pig is the bad man.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Way to get in front of that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Doing yard work, will argue soon.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, so right now, the Presidential order and the bolded people have conflicts:

Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig

We know that there are at least two fascists in that group of four. Is there a reason why a fascist would go into conflict with another fascist here? Should we just assume that the bolded four contain two liberals and two fascists?

I'm not sure what to make about this claim. It could be a play by either CPig or AA to force a kumba governement. Or maybe it was just an opportunity to lock someone out of government and get a fascist policy enacted.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

I trust AA more than CPig, but at 2 fascist, I'd rather not take chances.

DB, who are you thinking for chancellor?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

I trust AA more than CPig, but at 2 fascist, I'd rather not take chances.

DB, who are you thinking for chancellor?

We can deny the special election right? It's just an appointed president who nominates a chancellor and we vote on it, right? If it gets denied then we move on to the next person in line? Does it count against the chaos timer?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, we can't really trust CPig to investigate KB right now, or anyone for that matter.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean, AA is lying. I understand if you want to believe him more than me.

I'll investigate whoever the consensus is.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

TMMadman posted:

We can deny the special election right? It's just an appointed president who nominates a chancellor and we vote on it, right? If it gets denied then we move on to the next person in line? Does it count against the chaos timer?

You can vote down the special election, and the cycle goes back to where it was before. (e.g. if you get selected to be the president for the special election, the next president won't be Byers, but whoever was due to be next president before it happened). Yes, it counts as a failed government.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
We shouldn't vote yes on any government that contains me or AA, and of course RF and KB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is it three in a row that causes chaos or just three? Because a kumba government would break the chain between the two.

Don't really care who pig investigates, I won't trust it.

• Locked thread