Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GreenNight posted:

Gunsmoke record doesn't mean what it used to now that Simpsons beat it.

Simpsons beat the episode record; the record Wolf wants is longest-running primetime live-action series. That's why he wanted a 21st season of the original Law & Order so badly and got pissed when the shortened season NBC had promised him was taken away. So he's now tied the record again with SVU; imagine if they cancel him before a 21st season again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New Amsterdam? Uh, wasn't that the show about the immortal cop from ages ago?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

X-O posted:

With Jamie Lannister!

I think it lasted eight episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched the new John Mulaney Netflix special having never seen anything from him before and I have to say it was pretty funny.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-O posted:

This one is--surprise!--a medical drama starrying Ryan Eggold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_5EvoL1Is

quote:

New Amsterdam is based on Bellevue Hospital, the oldest public hospital in the United States, and follows "the brilliant and charming Dr. Max Goodwin, the institution’s newest medical director who sets out to tear up the bureaucracy and provide exceptional care. How can he help? Well, the doctors and staff have heard this before. Not taking “no” for an answer, Dr. Goodwin must disrupt the status quo and prove he will stop at nothing to breathe new life into this understaffed, underfunded and underappreciated hospital — the only one in the world capable of treating Ebola patients, prisoners from Rikers and the President of the United States under one roof — and return it to the glory that put it on the map."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mulaney is good as hell

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

This one is--surprise!--a medical drama starrying Ryan Eggold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_5EvoL1Is

I would be in heaven if I never had to watch another contemporary medial/police/political drama ever again.

But set that poo poo in SPAAAAAAAAAAACE and I'm down as hell.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

muscles like this! posted:

So I watched the new John Mulaney Netflix special having never seen anything from him before and I have to say it was pretty funny.

Now watch Oh Hello, also on Netflix. Altho maybe the sketches (which I think are on youtube) would be a good pre-watch. It’s so good. Mulaney and Nick Kroll are masterful together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've never really liked anything from Nick Kroll.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

Now watch Oh Hello, also on Netflix. Altho maybe the sketches (which I think are on youtube) would be a good pre-watch. It’s so good. Mulaney and Nick Kroll are masterful together.

I didn’t watch that for ages because Kroll usually annoys me, but oh my god that was a hilarious way to spend an hour. I’ve watched it a few times since and it always holds up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

I've never really liked anything from Nick Kroll.

Kroll is a complete non-starter for me, but Oh, Hello! On Broadway was one of the most delightfully absurd things I've ever seen in my life.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I liked Big Mouth, but otherwise, yeah. Couldn't stand him on Parks and Rec -- though that was built into the character, probably.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Timby posted:

Kroll is a complete non-starter for me, but Oh, Hello! On Broadway was one of the most delightfully absurd things I've ever seen in my life.

I think the only comedic actor that kills my interest in something faster than Nick Kroll is Jason Mantzoukas. They both fit into that “annoying loud douchebag” role too well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think the only comedic actor that kills my interest in something faster than Nick Kroll is Jason Mantzoukas. They both fit into that “annoying loud douchebag” role too well.

What's it like to have no joy in your life.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really loved Kroll on The League, because his character really fit the role, but I have despised every other thing he's done.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Add on Danny McBride, too.

And I never like Kroll unless he's collaborating with Mulaney. Oh, Hello! and Big Mouth were both comedy gold, but I think Mulaney could make anyone funnier just by hanging out with them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Kroll but he’s obviously a very acquired taste and I couldn’t fault anyone for hating him

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The propmaster for The Expanse posted to the Facebook group that there's a rumor that Alcon and Amazon are meeting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have a feeling he won't be the propmaster if the show is renewed

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Keep emailing Amazon people.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mu Zeta posted:

I have a feeling he won't be the propmaster if the show is renewed

I don't think any of the things he's posted would be frowned upon given the circumstances.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If he says publicly that Netflix is out then doesn't that put them in a seriously disadvantaged position during negotiations with Amazon? Bezos could bend them over and have his way with them before renewing it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah when you have insidery info and you work for the company you need to keep your mouth shut.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

At this point, I think Amazon knows enough about the rights situation in order to know Netflix isn't a possibility since they are the ones that hold US streaming rights for the show.

It's essentially impossible for Netflix to pick up the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh goddammit. They found a new Riggs for Lethal Weapon.

Gotham's cancelled.

(Uh, not officially, but very probably.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh goddammit. They found a new Riggs for Lethal Weapon.

Gotham's cancelled.

(Uh, not officially, but very probably.)

Lame. Who is it?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Lame. Who is it?

Stifler.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/995740473934393344

Probably goodbye to Gotham.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Maybe not?

quote:

Lethal Weapon is Fox's fifth-most-watched drama, trailing only 911, Empire, The Gifted and The Resident, all of which have also been renewed. Still remaining on the bubble is Warners' Batman prequel Gotham, which sources say could return for an abbreviated 13-episode run in order to reach the 100-episode threshold needed for syndication.

I mean, it makes sense to me. But who knows.

: (

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Fox has no reason to care about Gotham syndication since WB owns it. The only hope is if WB practically gives away the final season in order to hit that number.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What I saw of Gotham was probably the worst show ever so this discussion makes no sense to me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well uh, I really like SWS so now I'm onboard.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

What I saw of Gotham was probably the worst show ever so this discussion makes no sense to me

Gotham's terribleness is what makes it hilarious

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I've never seen an episode of Lethal Weapon but Sean William Scott seems like a really good choice

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pahuyuth posted:

I've never seen an episode of Lethal Weapon but Sean William Scott seems like a really good choice

I have a longtime love for him. He's capable of really deep, dark work. Now i want them to reshoot the first two seasons with him.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Sean William Scott will be playing a new character according to reports which I think is a good decision. Well i'm glad the show can continue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

Whew, dodged a bullet. It's not as good as it once was but it's still worth having on TV for now. The episode where Tina scares the poo poo out of her friends with the zombie Jewish deli movie was great.
It had a dip for a while but the last five or six episodes have all been gold. They've been rocking it lately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also Nick Kroll was fantastic in Childrens Hospital

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wandle Cax posted:

Sean William Scott will be playing a new character according to reports which I think is a good decision. Well i'm glad the show can continue.

Marvin Riggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Marvin Riggs?

Yeah actually the network hinted he may be Riggs brother, probably just so the show can still be Riggs and Murtaugh