Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If Nintendo doesn’t announce mother 3 today I’m going to be v. disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I live every day of my life like Mother 3 is never coming out.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If Nintendo doesn’t announce mother 3 today I’m going to be v. disappointed

*narrator voice* He was very disappointed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Sayman_Art/status/995425355992371200

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Barudak posted:

This is extremely accurate to Louisiana though, they even used the correct school colors for the college its an obvious reference too. Hell, the devs went an extra mile and the potato chip bags in the house are modeled after a local louisiana brand.

Louisiana houses don’t have basements or crawl spaces because they’re below sea level and would be constantly flooded, and the millipedes in the game are a species that only live in Japan. Immersion ruined

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I’m prolly gonna get a Switch soon with Mario Kart and BotW - are there any bundles/deals lingering out there I should check out?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Going to lunch with your dad on Mother's Day is a pretty good way to own your mom

You could have taken like half a second to think about why this would be happening, dumbass.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

You could have taken like half a second to think about why this would be happening, dumbass.

It was a 50/50 shot really

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i forgot about pokken and booted it up again and hoo boy do i suck. i also forgot how i never gut gud at fighting games it seems. i need turns in my pokemans

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I love this thread :) One of the best on the forums!

Have the Splatfest results been published yet? I’m curious to see which team will win - I was playing on Team Mikey last night but the opposing teams were really good

Donnie won overall, but Mikey had popularity. There's a splatoon thread too!

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

The Lobster posted:

My mom died when I was 10 so I can't really help it. E: But thanks for the reminder that it's Mother's Day, that really cheered me up!
I lost my mother almost five years ago from a brain aneurysm, I can’t imagine losing them so young. I’m so sorry for your loss..

This article helped me a little bit today: https://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/05/09/for-those-who-hurt-on-mothers-day/

Also, apparently Team Donny won the Splatfest, goddamnit.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Apologies if this has already been posted but Argos UK has preorders of the compendium edition of octopath traveller on pre-order for £31.99, which is cheaper than the regular version on Amazon. Seems like a mistake as this version is 95 quid other places.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man this thread is more depressing then I thought it'd be today

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man this thread is more depressing then I thought it'd be today

Stay strong. Mother 3 will be announced someday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

nerd_of_prey posted:

Apologies if this has already been posted but Argos UK has preorders of the compendium edition of octopath traveller on pre-order for £31.99, which is cheaper than the regular version on Amazon. Seems like a mistake as this version is 95 quid other places.

Thanks, just ordered it. I'm fully expecting them to cancel it and tell me to go gently caress myself, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
when will we get a hyper-realistic kirby game?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Dizz posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Played the ARMS demo, it's super thorough. It's a fun game, tried the motion controls and they seem fine, will try buttons another time. I don't see myself ever really getting quite good at it though.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wondering this myself, looked up a video and in a half hour someone already beat the entire thing so uh... really wondering why people are excited about it other than "it is a game that exists and is on the switch"

People can beat Super Mario Odyssey in an hour and 2 minutes, that doesn't mean Minit is only a 30 minute long game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dizz posted:

the one made out of clay was as real as it gets

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Drakengard 4 is coming to switch??

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/995680065206784000?s=19

why do you ask, nintendo???

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I was team Mario-Bowser-Peach because Mallow and Geno were bad and ugly characters.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Happy Super Mario RPG Day or as its known in Japan, Mother

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

BattleMaster posted:

I was team Mario-Bowser-Peach because Mallow and Geno were bad and ugly characters.

:same:

Actually, Bowser was pretty much my favorite party member of the SMRPG cast. I loved his weapons and spells.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BattleMaster posted:

I like them but I went this way too just because the idea of Bowser and Peach teaming up with Mario was, and still is, rad as gently caress to me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Team #PutItOnTheSwitch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Team #PutItOnTheSwitch

Sorry. Rare owns it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Put Geno and Mallow and Croco in Smash and also Boshi as an alt costume

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the price point where Yooka-Laylee is really worth it?

I loved all the Rare games, in spite of their jankiness.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

a.lo posted:

Sorry. Rare owns it.

Microsoft owns Minecraft; doesn't preclude it's appearance on a rival platform.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

a.lo posted:

Sorry. Rare owns it.

SquareEnix owns the copyright to Mallow and Geno, Nintendo and SquareEnix jointly own the rights to the game as a whole. Rare owns nothing to do with Mario RPG.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

nerd_of_prey posted:

!! bought, thank you! went through okay too, site was slow and there is 100+ people looking which tells me someone already told reddit. i have a feeling it will get cancelled tho.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

Microsoft owns Minecraft; doesn't preclude it's appearance on a rival platform.

Microsoft has a platform??

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

a.lo posted:

Sorry. Rare owns it.

no they dont. its nintendo/square. unless im missing the joke here.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s definitely rare.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

!! bought, thank you! went through okay too, site was slow and there is 100+ people looking which tells me someone already told reddit. i have a feeling it will get cancelled tho.

Thought it was worth a shot, apparently it went up yesterday at £38.98 then got reduced aaccording to the fountain of poo poo knowledge that is HotUKDeals.

Would be cool if they honour it but it's no great loss if they don't!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Elman posted:

Microsoft has a platform??

Ever heard of a little thing called... Steam? :smug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The story goes that Nintendo and Square couldn't decide which of them owned Super Mario RPG, so they went to a great king to settle this. The king said, "The only fair way to settle this is to saw the video game in half."

Nintendo looked at Square and said, "gently caress that, let's just give it to Rare." And the rest is history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I appreciate the Nintendo games in years since that have in the credits a statement that pretty much boils down to "we claim rights to all these assets" so if they port someday they don't have to worry about someone owning the rights to a random leaf on a tree or whatever.

• Locked thread