Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

I trust AA more than CPig, but at 2 fascist, I'd rather not take chances.

DB, who are you thinking for chancellor?

Right now I like you and Byers for a nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, my obvious choice between the two is myself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Is it three in a row that causes chaos or just three? Because a kumba government would break the chain between the two.

Don't really care who pig investigates, I won't trust it.

It's three in a row, but again, the issue is that kumba gets sort of brushed by the both of the conflicts we have just by position. Both of these conflicts together essentially force us to accept a kumba governement.

Now this isn't such a terrible thing since we aren't in the Hitler zone just yet and with supposedly 2 liberal cards out of 5 left in the deck, it's basically a sure thing that kumba gets a liberal card and then the question is if he would pass it along.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Right now I like you and Byers for a nomination.

Got something against me?

I'm just curious.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Got something against me?

I'm just curious.

The only strike against you is that you were part of a gov't that passed a fascist policy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

For awhile, but KB and CPig both being frozen is going to give us a problem when they come back around. Two in a row frozen and Andy right before them, who is currently rubbing me as fascist.

Still, for at least the next few, I think we need to freeze them out as you suggest. We can't do anything about that clusterfuck currently.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Because if he's Hitler he'll act perfectly nicely this time around in office to establish himself as a viable candidate for when picking him as Chancellor is an insta-lose.

Also I don't understand how the same town that's measuring me for a noose because I am not optimized for new information or whatever simultaneously wants to elect the guy who was already Chancellor one turn ago, but I'm so far done arguing it's not funny. My game is simple: I'm gonna help liberals and elect liberals. Anyone who wants to join in, great, everyone else trying to 11th-dimensional chess their own asses into losing by being too clever by half, keep on keeping on. I'm only one vote.

First, look what we just saw and consider if we hadn't seen it ahead of time. Second, this reads like an overdone defensive post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

The only strike against you is that you were part of a gov't that passed a fascist policy.

Yeah, but I wasn't given a choice. And it'd be nice to prove myself before I'm up for President. If there are still 2 liberal cards left in the deck then you will almost certainly pick one and presuming you are a liberal, you will pass it on.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The reason I didn't put CaptAndy in that group is because his presidency comes after pmush and Byers

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but I wasn't given a choice. And it'd be nice to prove myself before I'm up for President. If there are still 2 liberal cards left in the deck then you will almost certainly pick one and presuming you are a liberal, you will pass it on.

I took into consideration the possibility that you and KB both are fascist and lying about the numbers of policies.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure what to make about this claim. It could be a play by either CPig or AA to force a kumba governement. Or maybe it was just an opportunity to lock someone out of government and get a fascist policy enacted.

I tend to trust CPig over AA here; the only thing his claim does is lock himself into a finger pointing contest as fascist. He could have claimed three fascist otherwise, hoping to hide in the reshuffle plus doubts in previous discards when the liberal policies we would expect don't show up.

At some point, fascists have to enact a 1 and 1. The only reason I can see AA moving this early is if he thinks Hitler is in a position on the board to get elected soon after the 3rd fascist policy, and likely has the in thread support. Which would likely be TMM's presidency. TMM, if you had to elect a Chancellor right now, it'd be PMush or (maybe) DB, right?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Is it three in a row that causes chaos or just three? Because a kumba government would break the chain between the two.

Don't really care who pig investigates, I won't trust it.

In a row.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

The reason I didn't put CaptAndy in that group is because his presidency comes after pmush and Byers

You trust Andy more than TMM?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Gosh, if only anyone had told you guys that picking AA was a bad decision.

I'm not in the least surprised that now I'm getting attacked for being right; the previous "oh he's smarter than this and is saying dumb things" party line no longer works and it's imperative for the fascists leading you all around by the nose that I keep on being scapegoated.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

I tend to trust CPig over AA here; the only thing his claim does is lock himself into a finger pointing contest as fascist. He could have claimed three fascist otherwise, hoping to hide in the reshuffle plus doubts in previous discards when the liberal policies we would expect don't show up.

At some point, fascists have to enact a 1 and 1. The only reason I can see AA moving this early is if he thinks Hitler is in a position on the board to get elected soon after the 3rd fascist policy, and likely has the in thread support. Which would likely be TMM's presidency. TMM, if you had to elect a Chancellor right now, it'd be PMush or (maybe) DB, right?

Do you mean if I was the next President or do you mean who would I choose when my position comes up?

Because those are probably two different answers.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm fine being denied, but also deny pig. He got in very quickly to solidify his stance. He's a fascist.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapnAndy posted:

I'm not in the least surprised that now I'm getting attacked for being right; the previous "oh he's smarter than this and is saying dumb things" party line no longer works and it's imperative for the fascists leading you all around by the nose that I keep on being scapegoated.

You never explained. Even when pressed. Don't sit on a high horse, you look silly.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Do you mean if I was the next President or do you mean who would I choose when my position comes up?

Because those are probably two different answers.

When your position comes up; I think your going to be our first 3 fascist policies candidate, and the names I suggested are what I think you would lean towards given the thread to date.

Assume AA is fascist and he made a similar calculation given him in essence sacrificing himself to pass fascist. If he was setting up for Hitler, that's who I think he would judge likely nominations from you. And as lovely as it is to look like this, both have been playing liberal and avoided slapfights. Even if CPig is the liar, the math works out the same. This seems early to me for a fascist to expose themself; the only thing that makes sense is that the fascist in that pair was setting up for Hitler, either on your turn or mine.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

I for one and glad this happened now, rather than AA getting a chance to hide in the Presidency.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm fine being denied, but also deny pig. He got in very quickly to solidify his stance. He's a fascist.

Actually, there's a point here. We suggested Chancellor always claim first, didn't we?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

You never explained. Even when pressed. Don't sit on a high horse, you look silly.
I did. I just refused to repeat myself ad infinitum once it became clear my explanations were never going to be accepted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Kumba or Kb for Hitler imo. Not write sure how to play this game yet. Admittedly, been more involved in a mafia game, but I've made some gut calls this game that I feel good standing by.

TMM I'm easing off of, I like his play at this point.

Capn condemned me without explanation and is doing the scummy, "Oh, if only someone had warned you"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

Actually, there's a point here. We suggested Chancellor always claim first, didn't we?

There's no point here. Wouldnt everyone claim liberal? Your point obviously makes little sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

When your position comes up; I think your going to be our first 3 fascist policies candidate, and the names I suggested are what I think you would lean towards given the thread to date.

Assume AA is fascist and he made a similar calculation given him in essence sacrificing himself to pass fascist. If he was setting up for Hitler, that's who I think he would judge likely nominations from you. And as lovely as it is to look like this, both have been playing liberal and avoided slapfights. Even if CPig is the liar, the math works out the same. This seems early to me for a fascist to expose themself; the only thing that makes sense is that the fascist in that pair was setting up for Hitler, either on your turn or mine.

This makes sense to me. I was wondering why they would pull the trigger this early.

Another factor tho is pigs investigation. I'm interested to see his results as that will help me decide between them. I'd like him to investigate me since then I'll know pretty clearly his alignment, but I get that this is selfish, so I'm open to other thoughts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Byers2142 posted:

When my turn comes up might depend on who CPig investigates and the results (and whether I believe them), but I think I might honestly lean towards you or maybe PMush and yeah, possibly DB depending on how his government comes out.

I could also see myself nominating KB even though he might not pass simply because I don't believe he's actually Hitler or even a fascist. It just doesn't make sense from my point of view for him to be either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumba or Kb for Hitler imo. Not write sure how to play this game yet. Admittedly, been more involved in a mafia game, but I've made some gut calls this game that I feel good standing by.

TMM I'm easing off of, I like his play at this point.

Capn condemned me without explanation and is doing the scummy, "Oh, if only someone had warned you"

Why do you think KB could be Hitler? Why would Hitler claim to or actually investigate a fascist and possibly lock himself out of government?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kumba or Kb for Hitler imo.

This doesn't make sense. So this has me leaning that you are the fascist in this pairing.

If I am Hitler, then this means that as Hitler, I got in a conflict with RF(falsely accusing?) which would lock me out of government and the most common win con for my team.

If I was Hitler the smart play was investigating someone as liberal.

If I was a fascist, then the smart play would be to accuse TMM of throwing the election AND falsely accusing someone else to lock three people total out of government. I read all the strategies as discussed earlier. None of the successful strategies involve playing like an idiot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fwiw, I currently think our fascists are RF, cap, and AA(but waiting for pigs results before I firm this up. If pig is the fascist he should falsely accuse someone as his investigation for optimal strategy).

I'm leaning pmush as Hitler.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

This doesn't make sense. So this has me leaning that you are the fascist in this pairing.

If I am Hitler, then this means that as Hitler, I got in a conflict with RF(falsely accusing?) which would lock me out of government and the most common win con for my team.

If I was Hitler the smart play was investigating someone as liberal.

If I was a fascist, then the smart play would be to accuse TMM of throwing the election AND falsely accusing someone else to lock three people total out of government. I read all the strategies as discussed earlier. None of the successful strategies involve playing like an idiot.

Condescension, tasty. An opinion is an opinion, sorry it doesn't fit the scope of your optimal non-idiotic play

:newfap:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Fwiw, I currently think our fascists are RF, cap, and AA(but waiting for pigs results before I firm this up. If pig is the fascist he should falsely accuse someone as his investigation for optimal strategy).

I'm leaning pmush as Hitler.

What good are results here if you can't trust the alignment of the investigator

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Condescension, tasty. An opinion is an opinion, sorry it doesn't fit the scope of your optimal non-idiotic play

:newfap:

This is a scum/fascist dismissal. Why don't you instead try to explain how my play makes sense for Hitler? Describe my decision making process.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Eventually the truth comes out regardless. At that point the investigation matters. But also, who pig investigates, and what he says about them, also helps us understand his alignment.

If you are a liberal you should care very much about the investigation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

This is a scum/fascist dismissal. Why don't you instead try to explain how my play makes sense for Hitler? Describe my decision making process.

Hitler wants to appear as liberal. Offering up a fascist would give you credibility, but results are mostly unverifiable. Timing and presence are the keys to victory here.

If something sounds suspicious to me, I have no problem saying so. You operate in mafia and here as if everything would be run by a playbook of optimal plays, but it is seldom the case.

So I'm fine mostly ignoring you like capn is ignoring his own asinine claim

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thinking about this post more, maybe if AA is indeed the fascist, this was his thought process for forcing the conflict here? "If I do this now, no one will trust the investigation!"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Kb your if/then conditionals and axioms are very tedious.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

There's no point here. Wouldnt everyone claim liberal? Your point obviously makes little sense.

Chancellor claiming first, then President verifying they told the truth. It puts more structure on the claims and has an admittedly small chance to trip someone up. That was just what we said back in D1, I'm pointing out where we slipped on the order.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hitler wants to appear as liberal. Offering up a fascist would give you credibility, but results are mostly unverifiable. Timing and presence are the keys to victory here.

If something sounds suspicious to me, I have no problem saying so. You operate in mafia and here as if everything would be run by a playbook of optimal plays, but it is seldom the case.

So I'm fine mostly ignoring you like capn is ignoring his own asinine claim

But my goal as Hitler would be to get elected right? How would doing this make that happen?

Like if your point is just anyone can do anything, sure, but how does that make me one of your two lead suspects for Hitler specifically? What are YOU looking for when you are looking for Hitler?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Thinking about this post more, maybe if AA is indeed the fascist, this was his thought process for forcing the conflict here? "If I do this now, no one will trust the investigation!"

You assume im actually an idiot. Pretentious and unwarranted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Byers2142 posted:

Chancellor claiming first, then President verifying they told the truth. It puts more structure on the claims and has an admittedly small chance to trip someone up. That was just what we said back in D1, I'm pointing out where we slipped on the order.
That social agreement means nothing though. Let's agree to do this thing and be honest about it. Sure!

However if the person in govt that day can come in and claim w.e. it is futile. Pigs disappearance here should be more telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You assume im actually an idiot. Pretentious and unwarranted.

Deliberately painting all my posts as condescending is an interesting strategy. Keeping in mind that if anyone is calling anyone an idiot here it is you doing that to me. :)

(Ok now I'm being condescending, haha)

• Locked thread