Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

Dragon Ball Super was good, friends

it was so good, the inter-universal baseball game was one of the best bits of anime filler i've ever seen

go jetssssss :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The PS3 one had 49 games per Wiki, this one has 53

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Joey McChrist posted:

it was so good, the inter-universal baseball game was one of the best bits of anime filler i've ever seen

That's getting dubbed soon and I cant wait

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

diaf

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I mean being brutally honest the master system and arcade games on the ps3 collection are, aside from Phantasy Star 1, forgettable to lovely

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

A killer from the Peter Green era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sjajgLX_9k

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

In SEGA chat world I'm going to be kinda controversial and say I enjoy Revenge of Shinobi more than 3 and I enjoy MK1 more than MK2 or MKU3 but these are all extremely good games

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

revenge of shinobi had better pacing and bosses.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wait is this the first official us release for alien soldier?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

the "gently caress it I'll play it all myself" live version of Big Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZp76M4NGc

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

OldTennisCourt posted:

Streets of Rage 2 has hands down one of the best game soundtracks of all time.

What is everyone's choices there?

For me:

1. Chrono Cross

2. Streets of Rage 2

3. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

4. Sonic 1-3

1) Ninja Gaiden 2: The dark sword of chaos (NES)....unmatched soundtrack for me. Just an outstanding soundtrack to an outstanding game (I don’t know how satanism, a woman being stabbed, and a giant pool of blood got past Nintendo’s censors but I’m glad it did to shape 10 year old me into the disaster I am today)

2) streets of rage 2.....never gets old. If that boss music doesn’t pump you up you are dead inside.

3) streets of rage.....this game and its soundtrack are what made me want a genesis.

4) Zelda 2: shut up you fat idiots this soundtrack is great and I’ll not hear otherwise.

5) Final Fantasy 2 (the SNES version, I don’t know FF it is in Japan...I think IV): I hate this game and I hate all role playing games, but this soundtrack just takes me back every time I hear anything in it. Probably the best SNES game soundtrack.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

In SEGA chat world I'm going to be kinda controversial and say I enjoy Revenge of Shinobi more than 3 and I enjoy MK1 more than MK2 or MKU3 but these are all extremely good games

Revenge of shinobi is a classic. I also love MK1 and MK2. MK3 and UMK3 are hot garbage and I hope no one fondly remembers them.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wait is this the first official us release for alien soldier?

it was released on Wii Virtual Console and Steam as well.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

Revenge of shinobi is a classic. I also love MK1 and MK2. MK3 and UMK3 are hot garbage and I hope no one fondly remembers them.

I was about to say "at least MK3 still had Kano" since he's my main even in MK9 and MKX but then i remembered his loving cannon ball is "hold LK for a couple seconds but doesn't always work if you start it while blocking" so that's a good metaphor gently caress that game

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I was about to say "at least MK3 still had Kano" since he's my main even in MK9 and MKX but then i remembered his loving cannon ball is "hold LK for a couple seconds but doesn't always work if you start it while blocking" so that's a good metaphor gently caress that game

A good metaphor for that game is: when your torso is sliced, the remaining part of your arms stay suspended in the air, and exploding bodies are just several legs and skulls, because they got lazy.

Yes I’m aware that’s not a metaphor, I just feel like making GBS threads on that awful stupid game.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you forgot multiple ribcages

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh yeah let’s not forget MK Trilogy, which has Noob Saibot as a playable character and he has the absolute dumbest fatality ever next to Quan Chi’s neck stretch: https://youtu.be/dX8-VHQKli0

What a stupid goddamn game.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
psp, what is your fatality in real life? mine is licking the person's forehead until i lick through their skull and into their brain

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mine is making the other person take me down a peg so much that they die

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my animality is summoning zandig to do repeated 720 lariats until my enemy explodes

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Timby posted:

No Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a completely inexplicable omission, especially when loving Virtua Fighter 2 and Spinball are on there.

The closest thing I can come up for an explanation is that when the PS2/Xbox 360/PS 3 Genesis collections came out they took a hit because people were pissed off that there was no Sonic 3 + Knuckles.

Sega cited that they did not have the resources to emulate lock-on technology.

Some Tumblrite or something posted a simple replacement code that (supposedly) would have enabled lock-on technology.

So I guess rather than 'do that' Sega just said 'gently caress Sonic 3.'

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbin posted:

psp, what is your fatality in real life? mine is licking the person's forehead until i lick through their skull and into their brain

The Stone cold stunner

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Revenge of Shinobi is a goddamn masterpiece. I actually spent real human money on buying an actual Mega Drive copy of the Japanese version a month ago in the interest in seeing if that copy had all the copyright breaking things that have been changed for subsequent re-releases (like, you fight Godzilla, you fight Spider-Man, and you fight Batman). It still plays perfectly and holds up far better than most 30 year old games.

Shinobi 3 is OK but the only thing I remember about it are the horse levels.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He is, and he's also great in Blade Runner 2049. He's not in it for very long, but he does a great job while he's on screen.

If you have the blu-ray, check out the extra shorts they made. One of them features Dave's character in a brief prequel to the events of the movie and it's really great. Even without that though, his brief role in the film was so well done. I can still hear the bubbling of the pot on the stove when I think about the scene.

"What's this?"
"That's garlic. I grow that just for me."

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I don't get to see much wrestling nowadays, but after cringing through some TNA reruns on Twitch recently, I decided to play some catch up as much as I can without subscribing to anything.
Seems like 2017 was a huge year for big returns or debuts and the most amazing thing that struck me while watching the various debuts or returns was the sheer look of elation on the faces of every ex-TNA wrestler when they got their big pop.

Angle beaming as the crowd chants "You Suck"
AJ trying not to smirk as he walked down to the ring
Matt Hardy struggling to hold his gimmick down the ramp in WM
Bobby Roode didn't even try to hide it, as soon as he opened his eyes he just said "Wow"

Made me curious about any other moments where wrestlers have been completely overwhelmed by the moment?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey that's better suited to the WWE Discussion thread, I've quoted the post over there. Thanks :)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Baron Corbin posted:

Mine is probably peeing on you til you melt.

I have a lot of demons.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It might actually be a UTI. Or chlamydia.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fart blood posted:

Mine is probably peeing on you til you melt.

I have a lot of demons.

Check your penis

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ChrisBTY posted:

The closest thing I can come up for an explanation is that when the PS2/Xbox 360/PS 3 Genesis collections came out they took a hit because people were pissed off that there was no Sonic 3 + Knuckles.

Sega cited that they did not have the resources to emulate lock-on technology.

Some Tumblrite or something posted a simple replacement code that (supposedly) would have enabled lock-on technology.

So I guess rather than 'do that' Sega just said 'gently caress Sonic 3.'

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that, because the Sonic Mega Collection Plus was released on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube, it had Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Knuckles in Sonic 2, and the emulation worked fine. That was ... sixteen years ago.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Baron Corbin posted:

it'd be like stoning people, like but with apples

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Also yeah the only way you can get Sonic 3 or Knucles on steam is as 3&K, the 360 version just didn't have them so they could still sell Sonic 3 and S&K for $5 each in order to get the full version. Hell, there have been 3&K roms on the internet for as long as there's been widespread sega genesis emulation

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Baron Corbin posted:

i also love indian food. why isn't all food as good as indian food.
My man

Homecooked Indian food is the best

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Jerusalem posted:

If you have the blu-ray, check out the extra shorts they made. One of them features Dave's character in a brief prequel to the events of the movie and it's really great. Even without that though, his brief role in the film was so well done. I can still hear the bubbling of the pot on the stove when I think about the scene.

"What's this?"
"That's garlic. I grow that just for me."

I haven't seen the short films yet (just watched it on streaming for now), but I will have to check them out.

And I'm not kidding or being sarcastic in any way when I say Dave was able to convey so much with just the simple act of putting on a pair of glasses in BR2049. It's obvious he takes acting seriously, which is great to see. He could have easily just coasted on his physique and his WWE fame into a bunch of meathead action movie roles, but (as the story goes), he immediately signed up for acting lessons when he got the role of Drax, so it's nice to see that he's willing to do a lot more than just be a menacing big guy.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Even now, some 24 years later, I still regularly get Carnival Night Zone stuck in my head

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Uss5lSIwg

Possibly one of the greatest songs of all time tbh

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assassins with Stallone, Julianne Moore and Banderas is a drat good movie

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venomous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Uss5lSIwg

Possibly one of the greatest songs of all time tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QpvSjJDWiQ

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRVW-p8SJ8&t=46s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://youtu.be/qNM6IuA87eM

The guitar solo at the end is criminally underrated.