Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PS4 E3 confirms that Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, and Last of Us II will be there. Kind of figured Spider-Man would get one more push before September and Naughty Dog's new project would be there, but it is nice that they confirmed appearances by Kojima/Sucker Punch with what I hope will be actual gameplay.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/11/playstation-at-e3-2018-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It's going to be hilarious if Death Stranding is another nothing trailer all of gaming gets mega hype over for four months straight.

I hope Naughty Dog's new game is something completely off the wall for them like how Guerilla Games somehow made the worst sci-fi FPS ever over and over again but then came out of nowhere with Horizon.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DLC Inc posted:

PS4 E3 confirms that Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, and Last of Us II will be there. Kind of figured Spider-Man would get one more push before September and Naughty Dog's new project would be there, but it is nice that they confirmed appearances by Kojima/Sucker Punch with what I hope will be actual gameplay.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/11/playstation-at-e3-2018-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/

Doesn't sound like they'll have a traditional press conference. Sony Direct + Treehouse?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Neo Rasa posted:

It's going to be hilarious if Death Stranding is another nothing trailer all of gaming gets mega hype over for four months straight.

I have no problem with this. Kojima's trailers are unmatched, and he's pretty much the only game director whose work I will purchase on day one without a moment's hesitation. I don't really care what the gameplay is because I know it's going to be fun, incredibly polished, and redolent with stuff I haven't seen in a game before.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I have no problem with this. Kojima's trailers are unmatched, and he's pretty much the only game director whose work I will purchase on day one without a moment's hesitation. I don't really care what the gameplay is because I know it's going to be fun, incredibly polished, and redolent with stuff I haven't seen in a game before.

Exactly. Nobody’s touching Kojima and I’ll be thrilled to see what drips out of the faucet next. Dude’s consistently been a genius for 3 decades now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The death stranding trailers have been pretty pointless imo

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
The death stranding trailers have been awesome so far, imo

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Andrast posted:

The death stranding trailers have been pretty pointless imo

Actually the point of those trailers was to get Sony to continue paying for Kojima hanging out with his pals Norman and Mads

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Trailers are designed to get you hyped about the thing. If you want one with a point, you're looking for a demo not a trailer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

vyst posted:

Trailers are designed to get you hyped about the thing.

Well it didn’t do that for me either

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Pirate Jet posted:

https://twitter.com/user/status/994638205109522433

Same shade of pink as used by the official Rage account yesterday. 🤔

Clock is pointing to 5:14. Reveal in four days?

Gonna be Rage vs. Splatoon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DLC Inc posted:

I'm surprised that after the backlash over PlayStation Experience's format being changed (for the worse) that they would go and do a format change for E3, but then again they're promising games people want to see and third party announcements and all that so hopefully it won't be an hour of sit down interview about loving Detroit. Goddamnit PSX sucked last year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I would love a new Tenchu game. Also, I would love a Tenchu game made by Miyazaki.

That being said, I haven't for a second been convinced that's what they are making.

Gimme the fuckin reveal, E3. Give it to me.

Ya I hope it is not Bloodborne 2 because I don't own a ps4 if it is I might have to borrow my friends ps4 for another weekend.

Policenaut posted:

I'm surprised that after the backlash over PlayStation Experience's format being changed (for the worse) that they would go and do a format change for E3, but then again they're promising games people want to see and third party announcements and all that so hopefully it won't be an hour of sit down interview about loving Detroit. Goddamnit PSX sucked last year.

If they really made their e3 press conference into another PSX they might as well not show up or not hype it up as a "press conference" and just do a sony stream with their gameplay demos.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Day's Gone looks like a worse Last of Us with a thick layer of Horizon / open world bullshit. Hard pass.

Also :lol: at the developer guy: 'No we don't have difficulty levels because this game is about surviving, not for casuals'

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 12, 2018

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Filthy casuals

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Renoistic posted:

Day's Gone looks like a worse Last of Us with a thick layer of Horizon / open world bullshit. Hard pass.

Also :lol: at the developer guy: 'No we don't have difficulty levels because this game is about surviving, not for casuals'

translation: its gonna be braindead easy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Renoistic posted:

Always good to alienate a large portion of your potential audience (and assure you don't convert new players) out of misplaced principles

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Always good to alienate a large portion of your potential audience (and assure you don't convert new players) out of misplaced principles

It worked for the N-Gage and the OUYA.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah these sure look like Rage 2 is being announced tomorrow.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yes, all the people clamoring for a new installment in the beloved Rage franchise are going to be pleased

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, all the people clamoring for a new installment in the beloved Rage franchise are going to be pleased

If the presentation shows the game starts immediatley where Rage 1 left off theyll have one person mildly interested

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
did anyone actually play more than the first ten minutes of that game

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I occasionally catch myself thinking that I ought to replay Rage now that I have a computer that should do MEGATEXTURES(tm) properly but then I decide I'd rather do something else instead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

did anyone actually play more than the first ten minutes of that game

Hi, its me, the idiot

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Doom 2016 was pretty amazing so maybe Id will work some more magic and make Rage great.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ulio posted:

Doom 2016 was pretty amazing so maybe Id will work some more magic and make Rage great.

I think there's a rumor that Rebellion, of all people, is the dev.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mordja posted:

I think there's a rumor that Rebellion, of all people, is the dev.

Oh God. :(

It's funny I actually like Rebellion but video games aren't really their main thing (owning 2000 AD is) and with the exception of Sniper Elite their past few games were less their own thing and more near shovelware crap they came on to finish up and get releasable. Hoping this is closer in quality to AvP99 and Sniper Elite than it is to Rogue Warrior, Shellshock 2: Blood Trailers, or Neverdead.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Rage 2: 100 John Goodmans drop into a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Rage 2: 100 John Goodmans drop into a post apocalyptic wasteland.

John Goodman lootbox heaven

Granted... if they just copy the skeleton cam whole-cloth with like revolvers and shotguns that could be fun.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Oh God. :(

It's funny I actually like Rebellion but video games aren't really their main thing (owning 2000 AD is) and with the exception of Sniper Elite their past few games were less their own thing and more near shovelware crap they came on to finish up and get releasable. Hoping this is closer in quality to AvP99 and Sniper Elite than it is to Rogue Warrior, Shellshock 2: Blood Trailers, or Neverdead.

Same reaction I just had realizing it is not id software.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Pirate Jet posted:

https://twitter.com/user/status/994638205109522433

Same shade of pink as used by the official Rage account yesterday. 🤔

Clock is pointing to 5:14. Reveal in four days?

poo poo yo, didn't know Bethesda was gonna make a new Danganronpa

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rage? The light-gun game from Breaking Bad?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

oh my god how did I forget about this

also I feel old and jaded because nothing about E3 this year excites me in the least. but ill gladly take anything and everything Prey related. Thats the only engrossing game ive played in a few years.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I actually bought Rage after seeing that in BB. Not because of the whole light gun shooting part, but that it reminded me it existed and was quite cheap to buy.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

dear dumb bitch of a world,

GIVE ME NEW loving FROM SOFTWARE GAME REVEAL OR GO TO HELL

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Really looking forward to From's new walking sim on depression and budding queer romance.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

Really looking forward to From's new walking sim on depression and budding queer romance.

:suicide:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Dark Souls but in a world of Walking Sims would own on many levels of own.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unironically yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What Remains of Edith Finch, except at the end she just gets backstabbed by an invader that was disguised a random urn.

• Locked thread