Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BBTag is godlike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Sounds like some games being confused with hitbox setups that allow you to hold forward and backward at the same time. Guess it depends on what assumptions and shortcuts they make when specifically handling the key_down and key_up events.

Lambda doesn't have those, she's mostly 236, 214 and their doubles 236236 214214. I'm trying to learn some of his combo strings going through twitch vods of his tournament rounds at 25% playback speed and i'd kill for a hand/controller cam on those.

Probably just practice. I've been playing Robo-Ky and Zato on pad over the years and I still prefer pad over stick.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Captain Baal posted:

BBTag is godlike

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Captain Baal posted:

BBTag is godlike

:hai:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

fa-GYO posted:

Minette got robbed for real.

Agreed, though I am still okay with Eliza and Beowulf in the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

BBTag is godlike

Yeah. I wish there was a proper training mode so I could have figured out how these B.B. characters play but tbh once they add more UNIST chars I'll just be playing them anyway so it's no biggie

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Your main concern when buying a stick is what anime girl artwork you're going to put on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I really hate supporting a business practice that pisses me off but on the hand you can do like 50% of someone's health in 4 seconds so I'm torn

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Also I really hate supporting a business practice that pisses me off but on the hand you can do like 50% of someone's health in 4 seconds so I'm torn

It's 70 bucks and you don't have to rebuy the game for balance patches. Should've been $40 + $20 but I'll take it in the realm of lovely anime game pricing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Buy the GG port instead https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworks

EDIT: that is, the port of the original (bad) Guilty Gear they announced on stream

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 14, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arzachel posted:

It's 70 bucks and you don't have to rebuy the game for balance patches.

You probably will have to eventually, we don't know this yet

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
O. Henry ironic twist--you won't have to pay for balance patches because there will be no balance patches.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
High damage is high fun

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Any way to more cheaply get BBTag on PC for some hawt day 1 action? It's $40 for PS4 on Amazon pre-order, but I don't even see anywhere to buy it yet on PC (LOL). No way we're really gonna know what player pops look like on either platform till it's out I guess. I went PS4 for DBZF to play in the living room but successfully tested Tekken 7 last night over Steam Link and I can totes use that and have the office+living room option, stats were saying <1ms added input delay and 18ms display delay, pretty neat.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Do I get any characters or anything for preordering BBTag or can I wait til release to see what the population is PC v PS4?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I believe the free dlc might be time limited free, but not tied to any preorders

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What dlc is free?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

What dlc is free?

B and Y from RWBY

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

BBTag is very good, and honestly does fix a pretty good chunk of what I started to get annoyed about in DBFZ after 80 hours or so of matches. I've gone from being completely uninterested in it to preordering it, or at least buying it on release.

The beta runs through today as well on PS4, so I think there's time for more matches?

I guess the real question is whether to buy it on PS4 or PC. IIRC the anime fightman audiences tend to be more heavily on PS4 compared to PC, or at least they were at one point? And I do have a bunch of Amazon credit to spend...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hardcore anime freaks are on PC because the netcode is usually better but if you want a version you can just hit a Ranked Match button on and not have to wait 30 minutes, you'd go with ps4 or switch

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Real hurthling! posted:

What dlc is free?

Also the first pack with Kanji, Platinum, and Orie is free for the first two weeks I believe.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

lamentable dustman posted:

Pad players use the dpad cor the most fault though there are a few players who use the thumplbsticks for certain moves. Pretty sure some game once had a bug were if you held back on the dpad and forward with the stick it would option select move forward and auto block when an attack was thrown.

E:

I imagine he meant 360 command throws when he says circle motions. Pretty fast to do if you palm it but hard with your thumb

There's at least one game where you can maintain Guile's back charge with the dpad while moving forward with the thumbstick.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Hardcore anime freaks are on PC because the netcode is usually better but if you want a version you can just hit a Ranked Match button on and not have to wait 30 minutes, you'd go with ps4 or switch

Word thanks, just gonna be mashing ranked so sounds like $40 Amazon PS4 pre-order is gonna be the route for me.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There's at least one game where you can maintain Guile's back charge with the dpad while moving forward with the thumbstick.

Yep, that was HDR

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The only new characters for the BBTag game are the RWBY characters? I was hoping they'd put in some extra effort to put some remade Guilty Gear people or even Persona 5 chars.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In an early patch version of UNIEL, you could press both directions at the same time on pad through use of the analog and digital inputs at the same time and just constantly fire lasers and balls.

https://youtu.be/4iFzIKs5S24

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: that is, the port of the original (bad) Guilty Gear they announced on stream

by the standards of fighting games on the ps1 the original guilty gear is easily top 5, for whatever that's worth

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Put 2B in bbt

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm gonna get it on PC because I don't have a ps4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even with the low playerbase I still get most of my fighting games on PC because it's inconvenient for me to set up a non-wireless connection on my PS4 and the latency is terrible. It is however very convenient to blame my many losses on lag so my moral superiority is better preserved on console.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

MvC3 even let you block both directions at once. The hitbox guys had to program hardware SOCD-cleaning into their boards because there was a huge uproar about it.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I realize this is blasphemy a little bit, but how's the switch port of blaztag?

e: oops, game's not out yet, mb

Sade fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 14, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's perfectly fine, at least the beta was. They don't show you connectivity strength in the lobby bc I'm sure 99% of Switch owners are assy WiFi.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Is the Blazblue beta still going today?

I think it ran through the 14th, but I didn't see what time it ended.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is the Blazblue beta still going today?

I think it ran through the 14th, but I didn't see what time it ended.

I wasn't able to connect to online lobbies over lunch on PS4, boo

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Sade posted:

I realize this is blasphemy a little bit, but how's the switch port of blaztag?

e: oops, game's not out yet, mb

https://twitter.com/Skarmand/status/995436998570606592

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Well now the waiting game for xtag to be released. And to start the petition to add Goku to the roster

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Seriously nobody is gonna post this?

https://twitter.com/VZXYGHXZTPVRRP/status/995472857038753796

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A pro click has entered the arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

It's just a repost from the goonsgarden discord. Credit where it's due.

Join the discord and fight you swine.