Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

how is it correct when you've said that you could be a naive cop? that means there's a possibility it could be incorrect, yes?

Atomic Soda posted:

only pod or my claim could be true at this point.

i'm telling the thread what i believe to be true. if i'm naive, its not true. this doesn't mean i am lying, though.

this is a weird thing to get hung up on, obviously if my claim is true, pods is not. if pods claim is true, mine is not.

maybe i should have said results instead of claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote Pod

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm telling the thread what i believe to be true. if i'm naive, its not true. this doesn't mean i am lying, though.

this is a weird thing to get hung up on, obviously if my claim is true, pods is not. if pods claim is true, mine is not.

maybe i should have said results instead of claim?

I agree it doesn't mean you are lying. That's why I said there's a possibility you could be incorrect. It means that this post:

Atomic Soda posted:

only pod or my claim could be true at this point.

is kind of misleading. Your claim could be correct, that you're a cop, but still incorrect, meaning that neither of you are lying. Unlike the moat/pod thing where one of them definitely has to be lying. Maybe you always intended for your thought to be messaged that way but when I read it last night I was very much on the "oh, either pod is right or as/moat is right" when in reality there's a pretty simple explanation for everything without either you or pod lying.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

At this point I am leaning, in lieu of other cop claims (that being that there were no other people with cop results who have bothered to claim) I am more likely to think we have sane + insane vs insane + naive cop. Maybe that's presumptious of me with ecco's setups but I think with a cop claim of Moat is innocent and the only thing discouraging the idea of naive being flavor I don't feel like this is a wise vote.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Monathin posted:

At this point I am leaning, in lieu of other cop claims (that being that there were no other people with cop results who have bothered to claim) I am more likely to think we have sane + insane vs insane + naive cop. Maybe that's presumptious of me with ecco's setups but I think with a cop claim of Moat is innocent and the only thing discouraging the idea of naive being flavor I don't feel like this is a wise vote.

this is wifom-y as gently caress but the flavor part of it really gets me. ecco's games are performance art. they are an outlet for her creative writing, and she really likes the gameplay mechanics to match the flavor of any given game, from my experience. the teacher's pet thing really makes me think insane + naive, especially since my two biggest scumreads right now are moat and asiina/slamburger.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If we're putting people at -1 then I'm gonna go ahead and vote my conscious or whatever and vote moat. it does, in fact, rhyme.

##vote moat

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

I agree it doesn't mean you are lying. That's why I said there's a possibility you could be incorrect. It means that this post:

is kind of misleading. Your claim could be correct, that you're a cop, but still incorrect, meaning that neither of you are lying. Unlike the moat/pod thing where one of them definitely has to be lying. Maybe you always intended for your thought to be messaged that way but when I read it last night I was very much on the "oh, either pod is right or as/moat is right" when in reality there's a pretty simple explanation for everything without either you or pod lying.

i think you are overegging this bk, my post was in response to sober's post aligning my and pods claims, my posts are clear that i'm addressing the question of sanity/naivety. here is the sober quote

IllegallySober posted:

One of two things is happening here:

The claims by Pod/AS are true, or

The scum team believes strongly this is MYLO/LYLO and aren't afraid to out themselves to get the last mis-dunk they need today.

i will take on board this could have been worded more clearly

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lets hope i am naive here with how the votes are going

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think you're falling into the trap of using wifom as an aid in confirmation bias, personally, but I'm the one here thinking that we can blindly trust cop results in an ecco game i guess

Is flavor important in Ecco games? Yes, but I don't know that the teacher's pet interpretation necessarily pans out entirely into naive and I think it's been blown up to be bigger than it is. I know AS had doubts but personally I think you need

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote Moat

It rhymes

I should not have replaced into this game and apologize for my laziness/lack of drive in it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:redhammer:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Monathin posted:

I think you're falling into the trap of using wifom as an aid in confirmation bias, personally, but I'm the one here thinking that we can blindly trust cop results in an ecco game i guess

Is flavor important in Ecco games? Yes, but I don't know that the teacher's pet interpretation necessarily pans out entirely into naive and I think it's been blown up to be bigger than it is. I know AS had doubts but personally I think you need

Basically, I have two night action possibilities that both have their issues and contain wifom-y outs that make either possible. They can't both be possible, either pod or moat are lying, but neither of them is really more of a sure thing than the other to me.

so I'm gonna go with pod on this one and hope I don't lose my shirt.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:ghost:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The debate raged in the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper. It became clear that someone had to be lying - but who? The evidence was clear: was it Pod, who claimed to have been drunk and didn't even try to watch over the claimed cop once the entire game? Or was it Moat, whose name rhymed with vote? This was going to be a tough call; would the students have the -- oh, well.

:s: Moatillata, Leon, Cleaner (town-aligned doctor), was executed day 4:s:

In short order, Atomic Soda, Monathin, and Slamburger felt daggers in their backs. Sober also got stabbed, but from the front, because they couldn't have done it without him. "Gosh," thought Podima, "I thought for sure I was hosed. Good thing some buffoon trusted his gut over his head."

:rip:
Atomic Soda, Floriana, Prefect (town-aligned sane cop);
IllegallySober, Nysse, Student (town-aligned vanilla);
Monathin, Henri, Student (town-aligned vanilla); and
Slamburger, Iulius, Student (town-aligned vanilla), were endgamed.

The Bottle Knights gathered at the Door of the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper. They chanted the words of release, unsealing the temple from the outside world. Their bloody work was done, and, in classic Knights fashion, without a single casualty. They traveled to the Legion Office in Iskana and filed a report that would overjoy the entire Imperia: the terrorist cell that was responsible for assassinating Queen Cornelia the Quiet had been found and eliminated, cruelly and efficiently. With time the legend surrounding her regicide would change. No longer was it a story of how Arrentia was beset from without and within by anarchists and criminals, where even the Queen couldn't be safe. Now it was about the might of imperial authority: it is guided by Death to bring swift justice to all who would oppose her. To affront the Empire is to court certain doom.

Long live the Queen.

:hist101:
BottleKnight, Lena, Captain (mafia-aligned godfather);
Podima, Cornelia, Spy (mafia-aligned watcher);
Anomalous Amalgam, Gael, Brute (mafia-aligned roleblocker); and
Genex, Melis, Ranger (mafia-aligned goon), have satisfied their win condition and won the game.

Everyone else has lost.

Hooray!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Opus Falconis

A Game for 15 players

- 3 Mafia. Gimmick: spread out into masonry communities. Can still communicate OOT, but only at night.

- 12 Town.
Gimmick: Divided into masonries of varying scum to town ratios.

- Mason A:
--- Mafia: Godfather
--- PR: Cop
--- Foil: Miller

- Mason B:
--- PR: Doctor
--- Vanilla
--- Vanilla

- Mason C:
--- Mafia: Watcher
--- Mafia: Roleblocker
--- Foil: Cult Cop

- Unconnected:
--- Mafia: Goon
--- PR: Insane Cop
--- Foil: Miller/Vig (one-shot at night, becomes miller upon use of vig)
--- 3 Vanilla

======================

Player List:

1) BottleKnight - Lena - Captain (mafia-aligned godfather) A
2) Podima - Cornelia - Spy (mafia-aligned watcher) C (gimmick: poisons)
3) Anomalous Amalgam - Gael - Brute (mafia-aligned roleblocker) C
4) Max Genex - Melis - Ranger (mafia-aligned goon) U (gimmick: pockets)

5) Atomic Soda - Floriana - Prefect (town-aligned cop) A
6) Yami Fenrir - Jin - Stranger (town-aligned miller) A
7) Moatillata - Leon - Cleaner (town-aligned doctor) B (gimmick: leon the professional)
8) CCKeane - Titian - Wizard (town-aligned cult cop) C
9) SalTheBard - Padraig - Mage (town-aligned insane cop) U
10) The Ninth Layer - Alkham - Scoundrel (town-aligned vigilante) U (gimmick: poisons)

11) IcePhoenix - Ramon - Student (town-aligned vanilla) B
12) IllegallySober - Nysse - Student (town-aligned vanilla) B
13) bowmore - Urah - Student (town-aligned vanilla) U
14) Monathin - Henri - Student (town-aligned vanilla) U
15) Asiina Slamburger - Iulius - Student (town-aligned vanilla) U

=======================

Night Actions:

Day 1:
Town executes bowmore

Night 1:
Pod watches Sal
AA blocks Sal
Max kills Ninth

Soda cops Sober (TOWN)
Moat protects Sal
Keane cultcops Sal (NOT CULT)
Sal insanecops Max (FAILS)
Ninth kills Nobody

Day 2:
Max is replaced by GeneX
Town executes Yami

Night 2:
Pod watches Moat
AA blocks Sal
Gex kills Keane

Soda cops Asiina (TOWN)
Moat protects Sal
Keane cultcops AA (NOT CULT, but he dies rip)
Sal insanecops Asiina (FAILS)

Day 3:
Town executes IcePhoenix
Asiina replaced by Slamburger (who never posted, rip)

Night 3:
Pod watches Sal
AA blocks Moat
Gex kills Sal

Soda cops Moat
Moat protects Sober
Sal insanecops Moat

Day 4:
Town executes Moat (lol)

GAME OVER
MAFIA VICTORY

=======================

Role PMs:

BottleKnight - Lena - Captain (mafia-aligned godfather)
"Semper pellimus scopos nostros." That's the motto of the Bottle Knights, an elite corps of legionnaires trained to protect the distant corners of the Imperia from danger. While most soldiers expect to see battle once or twice in an open field, you are addicted to the thrill of hunting down enemies in remote locations, always looking over your shoulder, always sleeping with one eye open. You were so good at it, your superiors recruited you to a secret division within the Knights, known only as Płasztylet (pya-shte-lat). You perform counterterrorism operations, infiltrating cells that threaten the safety of the Imperia and destroying them from within. It's extremely dangerous work, but that suits you perfectly.
Your latest target was a killer named Ishtil. When Queen Cornelia the Quiet was brutally assassinated in Porta Regina last year, there was an uproar in the intelligence community. How could this have happened? How could they have been so blindsided? There are always plots against the Queen, but none of them even come close to fruition. That this not only succeeded but happened without a hint was a major failure, and heads rolled for it. Spies went into overdrive hunting down the source: a name, a funder, an organization, a mission statement, anything.
Last month you were given a dossier containing a scry of Ishtil. You were told to infiltrate his terrorist cell and eliminate the whole lot of them. "For the Queen."
For the Queen.

You are a mafioso! You have dedicated your life to hunting down terrorists, rebels, and other no-gooders who threaten the safety of the realm. Your latest mission - Opus Falconis - is to destroy a group of would-be assassins in Charnaz. As such, you win the game when only mafia-aligned players are left alive.
Your team consists of: BottleKnight, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, and Max. The four of you are confirmed to share the same alignment, however you may NOT talk freely OOT. You may only communicate during Night phase. During Day phase, all communications are restricted.
Your team has a collective nightkill. During the night, one of you may perform a kill, in lieu of other actions.
Additionally, you are an expert at subterfuge and espionage. You've been doing this work for so long that only the most well-trained eye can tell you don't belong wherever you go. If someone investigates you at night, they will be told that you are an innocent TOWN.
Furthermore, you have infiltrated one of the social cliques in the assassin school. You may speak to the following players OOT during the day: Atomic Soda and Yami Fenrir. You may NOT talk at night. You do not know their alignment, and they do not know yours. You are discouraged from sharing role PMs, but the vanilla role PM is available if need-be.
You are a godfather and you are mafia-aligned.

Podima - Cornelia - Spy (mafia-aligned watcher)
<same flavor etc.>
Additionally, you are a skilled spy, lurking in shadows unseen and watching what unfolds. During the night you may target a player in the game; you will be told who else targets them, if anyone.
Furthermore, you and another member of your team (Anomalous Amalgam) have ingratiated yourselves to one of the students: CCKeane. You, AA, and Keane may speak freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk to Keane at night. Keane does not know your alignments, and you do not know his. You are discouraged from sharing role PMs, but the vanilla role PM is available if need-be.
You are a watcher and you are mafia-aligned.

Anomalous Amalgam - Gael - Brute (mafia-aligned roleblocker)
<same flavor etc.>
Additionally, you are a rough and tumble brute of a man. You prefer to use force to solve most of your problems, even the problems caused by your use of force in the first place! During the night you may target a player in the game and beat them senseless and tie them up. Any actions they would have otherwise been able to perform that night will fail.
Furthermore, you and another member of your team (Podima) have ingratiated yourselves to one of the students: CCKeane. You, Podima, and Keane may speak freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk to Keane at night. Keane does not know your alignments, and you do not know his. You are discouraged from sharing role PMs, but the vanilla role PM is available if need-be.

Max Genex - Melis - Ranger (mafia-aligned goon)
<same flavor etc.>
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are a goon and you are mafia-aligned.

Atomic Soda - Floriana - Prefect (town-aligned cop)
You have always been a bit of a teacher's pet. When you were in school, you always raised your hand first, and happily offered to stay after school scrubbing chalkboards and taking out the trash. The other kids made fun of you, but when time came that you forgot your homework, or needed the class bully suspended, you could just tell the teacher, and their affection for you would get you what you wanted. Ingratiation became your superpower, always knowing to whom you should suck up and flatter with the right words. When you settled on a career as a killer, it proved exceptionally valuable a skill, so much so that your master, Ishtil, selected you to be part of his Assassin's Guild reforged. And when he needed a protegé, someone who clean the knives and mix the poisons, why wouldn't you go back to old habits?
Too bad he's dead. Now you need to use your friends to discover his killers and avenge your fallen mentor.

You are a townie! You seek to escape the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper by killing the interlopers in your midst. As such, you win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
Additionally, you were selected by Ishtil to be Prefect for your class. You were responsible for keeping the other students in line, tattling on troublemakers and rewarding the good students. During the night you may investigate a player in the game; you will be told if they are an honest, trustworthy TOWN, or a wicked, backstabbing (and-not-in-the-way-we-like) SCUM.
Furthermore, you have two friends in the class: Yami Fenrir and BottleKnight. The three of you may talk freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk during the night. This treachery is so severe, however, that you are uncertain whom you can trust: you don't know their alignments, and they don't know yours either. You are forbidden from sharing role PMs as well - you must learn to trust the hard way.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Yami Fenrir - Jin - Stranger (town-aligned miller)
You grew up on the mean streets of Hashein, on the western edges of Eternity, a land far, far away from this barbaric backwater. You were an urchin who started begging to slop from before you could remember. You eventually graduated to being a runner for some crime lords, delivering letters from one shadowy figure to another. As a precocious tween you were promoted to delivering packages (you don't know what was inside of them, but, it wasn't your job to know). Then, finally, as a certified teen, you were given your first proper assignment - stabbing some kid delivering letters, taking said letters, and burning them. "Sorry," you would tell your victims. "I was where you were once, you know. But I never got, got." You were so good at ducking on messengers unaware that you earned yourself a nickname: "the shadowknife."
It sounds a lot cooler in your native tongue.
Your work eventually brought the attention of a foreign traveler, a man named Ishtil. He thought you had a lot of potential, and asked if you could come with him, away from the Kingdom, past the Sunset Mountains, into his homeland, where he would mold you into an expert assassin. You happily agreed.
He fed you, he clothed you, he trained you, he turned the dusty tower into a home, the only home you had ever known. You could feel power within your fingertips that you never knew before. You felt like you could take on the whole world once Ishtil was done with you! And then he died. Now you need to use your skills to find his killers and kill them. Maybe then your home will feel like home again.

You are a townie! You seek to escape the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper by killing the interlopers in your midst. As such, you win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal powers of posting and voting in the thread.
Unfortunately, being from a foreign land, far away from the Morze, has led the other students to mistrust you for no reason other than because you're different than them. You're certain that, if investigated during the night, you would come up SCUM to results, despite being aligned with the town.
It's not all bad though. You have two friends: Atomic Soda and BottleKnight. The three of you may talk freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk during the night. This treachery is so severe, however, that you are uncertain whom you can trust: you don't know their alignments, and they don't know yours either. You are forbidden from sharing role PMs as well - you must learn to trust the hard way.
You are a miller and you are town-aligned.

Moatillata - Léon - Cleaner (town-aligned doctor)
You hail from the sunny hills of Mereaux, specifically the Juniper Hills region. Your parents were humble farmers, but you found that life to be far too boring. Too much waiting around for things to grow; you wanted to be where the action was, where your hands would get dirty but you'd get results. You enlisted in the navy, but didn't like taking orders very much, so when your boat docked in Iskana you jumped ship and made your name as a brute in the fighting rings. Soon you became an enforcer for a local crime boss, and from there, a killer for hire.
It was in this way you met your current master. You received a contract in your dropbox requesting you kill someone, with a hefty payment made in advance. You didn't ask why of course - you're a professional, after all - and so you scoured the city for your target. When you found him, holed up in the back room of an inn near the docks, you tried to sneak in, in the middle of the night, and slice his throat. Only... your target was awake. And sitting in a chair. And looking right at you. And smiling, and clapping. "Very good!" he said. "Very, very good." It turned out he had hired you himself; he wanted to see how good you were at your job, "and you have passed my test." He ritually cancelled the hit, and then asked if you would join his assassin school. "When I'm through with you, you will be deadlier than a viper, and more silent than the night wind."
How could you say no?

Additionally, you were being trained to follow in your master's footsteps as a cleaner - killing people in such surgical ways that they leave no trace of blood on the scene, allowing you to hide the corpse and extend the time before the murder is discovered. While master Ishtil died before imparting all his wisdom on you, you did learn the basics of how the human body works, and how to keep it alive (for "only through knowing how the body lives can one best know how it shall die"). During the night you may target a player in the game; if that player is ever attacked, you will rush in and cast healing spells over their body, reconnecting destroyed tissue, and saving their life.
Furthermore, you are not alone. You have two friends: Illegally Sober and Ice Phoenix. The three of you may talk freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk during the night. This treachery is so severe, however, that you are uncertain whom you can trust: you don't know their alignments, and they don't know yours either. You are forbidden from sharing role PMs as well - you must learn to trust the hard way.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

CCKeane - Titian - Wizard (town-aligned cult cop)
If the universe is a living, breathing creature, then it must have a heartbeat. And if it does have a heartbeat, then its blood is the energy we call magick. You are a wizard, a scholar from Arrentia who specializes in understanding how magick works, from where it comes, and what it can do. You first came to Iskana on a scholarly mission many years ago, hoping to study the black sand on its shores and why it has such strange healing properties. You quickly fell in love with the place. You stayed long after your studies were complete, enjoying the warm climate and the sunny days.
You eventually met Ishtil at a bar; he was a sullen fellow who seemed to be very grumpy about nothing in particular, but after his fourth drink he was smiling and laughing like he was the jolliest man in the world. You became drinking buddies, meeting every week at a new tavern, sampling food and drinks from across the Morze. Eventually he told you the truth about his identity - that he was a hired killer, that he was "very, *hic*, very good," and that he had "more mon...more money than [he] knew what with to do with it'n all [sic]." He hired you to be his amanuensis, which functionally meant you got a hefty paycheck just to be his friend.
About a year ago he told you that he wanted to start a school, to train a guild of assassins, "and really bring this profession to the modern day, you know? None of this cloak and dagger, meeting in shadowy alleys nonsense anymore." He asked you to scout locations. You settled on the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper after determining that it was far away from any constabularies while also being essentially abandoned (you estimated the last member of the Cult to visit Iskana was when Hecate was still Queen).
Things were going smoothly for a while; you followed Ishtil closely, recording his notes and running his errands during the day, while at night the two of you drank like old times. But last week you discovered something that made your heart sink. You found an underground passage within the temple that led to a chamber. Inside were human skeletons, sacrifices from the Cult to their serpentine god. Written on the altar was a warning, scratched in a foreign script that you only finished translating last night: "all [people who] desecrate [this] temple (lit: holy worship building) [will be] consumed [by] vipers." You told Ishtil, and begged him to leave, but he wouldn't listen, calling it "foolish superstitions."
And now he is dead. The snakes have arisen, and are consuming you all one by one. You must stop them.

Additionally, you are aware that the enemy to this temple are vengeful spirits. They are likely using the bodies of students to enact their will, and once the temple is cleared out, all the possessed students will commit ritual suicide, fulfilling the curse. But you, and you alone, have the strength to stop them. During the night you may target a player in the game and cast a spell over them. If the player is clean and free, the spell will do nothing (you will receive a TOWN result). However, if they are possessed by an evil ghost (you will receive a CULT result), then their body will combust from within with a magickal fire, killing them but also eliminating the spirit inside (auto-vig kill).
Furthermore, you're not alone. You have two friends: Podima and Anomalous Amalgam. The three of you may communicate freely OOT during the day. You may NOT communicate at night. You are aware that, at the very least, as of the start of Day 1, neither of them have been recruited into the cult. This might change, of course. They do not know your alignment, and you are all forbidden from sharing role PMs.
You are a cult cop and you are town-aligned.

SalTheBard - Padraig - Mage (town-aligned cop)
You have always been skilled with magicks. You were born feeling the flows of the universe, sensing places where pulses of energy beat most strongly. You studied all the ways to harness that power, drawing from it, and using it to accomplish what you wanted. But while most people use magick for simple things, like lighting sparks, or healing cuts and bruises, you've found ways to use it for something far more interesting. It started when you were a child; your brothers stole some biscuits from the table and blamed you for it. Your mother was about to punish you, when you felt a channel of energy nearby; you grabbed it and flung its invisible tendril at your siblings, hoping to hurt them, but instead you felt a deeper... connection to them. Like you could hear what they were saying and feel what they were feeling, even though their mouths weren't moving.
Over time you experimented with this ability, discovering that you were using channels of magick, the connective tissue that binds all existence, to read people's thoughts. It was most powerful while they slept, letting you close your eyes and join them in their dream state. Within this state they were highly suggestible as well; you could simply tell them "you should punish my brothers for lying to you," and come morning, they would do it, without realizing you were the one who implanted that idea in their heads in the first place.
You're not certain how Ishtil discovered you. He approached you one day as you were cleaning the family stables. You had never met him before, but he knew all about you, somehow, and about your abilities. He said that you had a lot of potential, that you could use your power for great things, terrible things, things beyond your victims' wildest dreams, if only you joined him. You agreed, convinced your parents that night that it was a good idea, and come morning you were on a boat to Iskana.
That was nine months ago. Your power is still nascent, but you can feel yourself becoming more and more capable with each passing night. Ishtil thought you might be ready to take on a proper mission, convincing some warlord to throw himself off his balcony and onto a pit of spikes. Unfortunately Ishtil was murdered, and so your training is finished, even if it wasn't complete. Hopefully what you've learned will help you survive this ordeal and make it back home alive.

Additionally, you are a skilled mage, specializing in drawing secrets out of people. Though your ability for suggestion is still weak, you can at least see the truth that people carry in their hearts, and which they only reveal in the silence of sleep. During the night you may target a player in the game; you will see into their dreams, and determine if they are an honest and innocent TOWNie, or a vile, lying, killing, SCUM.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

The Ninth Layer - Alkham - Scoundrel (town-aligned vigilante)
You wrote a lot of flavor for yourself that I won't mindlessly repeat, so let's just clarify some things. This game takes place a looooong time after Charnel in Charnaz, like maybe a century? So that part is right out, but it's easy to re-tool your origin story to just make it a "one-armed man" kind of situation. I have decided to keep your poisonings thing, but since you're also an old dude, I'm going to make it so you never really "fit in" with the rest of the guild, and that'll affect how your power works, too. Otherwise everything else probably stands, idk, you wrote a novel and I read it and said "okay!" and am just going to run with it.
Additionally, you are a noted scoundrel. You specialize in poisons, poultices, and reagents that are very good at killing people quickly. To that effect, during the night, you may target a player in the game and kill them. You may only do this once. Unfortunately, after having done so, the act of killing another person o soon will put guilt in your heart, and, combined with the other students at the guild never fully accepting you as one of their own, it'll mean they'll never see you the same way again. Once you perform your solitary nighttime vig kill, you will, from that night onward, return SCUM to cop investigations.
Got it?
You are a vigilante and you are town-aligned.

IcePhoenix - Ramon - Student (town-aligned vanilla)
IllegallySober - Nysse - Student (town-aligned vanilla)
You have humble beginnings. You come from far away from here, away from this barren desert. Maybe it's a land of trees and water, maybe it's a steppe with horses and grass, maybe it's a mountain village. Maybe you were even raised on a boat, traveling from city to city. Whatever the case, you are now here in Iskana. You've spent the better part of a year training under Master Ishtil, hoping to someday become an assassin like him, traveling the world, killing those who had it coming (for the right price). Unfortunately, last night, Ishtil was murdered by someone within your own ranks. This is it: the ultimate test. You need to use your training, what little of it you got, to find his killers, kill them instead, and get out of here in one piece.
You have no outstanding powers or abilities. However, you do have friends: Moatillata and Illegally Sober / Ice Phoenix. The three of you may talk freely OOT during the day. You may NOT talk during the night. This treachery is so severe, however, that you are uncertain whom you can trust: you don't know their alignments, and they don't know yours either. You are forbidden from sharing role PMs as well - you must learn to trust the hard way.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned

bowmore - Urah - Student (town-aligned vanilla)
Monathin - Henri - Student (town-aligned vanilla)
Asiina Slamburger - Iulius - Student (town-aligned vanilla)
You have humble beginnings. You come from far away from here, away from this barren desert. Maybe it's a land of trees and water, maybe it's a steppe with horses and grass, maybe it's a mountain village. Maybe you were even raised on a boat, traveling from city to city. Whatever the case, you are now here in Iskana. You've spent the better part of a year training under Master Ishtil, hoping to someday become an assassin like him, traveling the world, killing those who had it coming (for the right price). Unfortunately, last night, Ishtil was murdered by someone within your own ranks. This is it: the ultimate test. You need to use your training, what little of it you got, to find his killers, kill them instead, and get out of here in one piece.
You have no outstanding powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I apologize.

I never quite found my footing in this game.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 14, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- This game is the direct sequel to my game last year: The Aquline Conspiracy. Oddly enough, in both games, Sober, at exlo, voted wrongly, losing the game for the town. Welp!

- The gimmick was with the masonries, it was very obvious in retrospect had anyone ever tried to piece it all together. Three masonries, one all town, one with one scum, and one with two. I had figured that the all-town masonry would become a powerful voting bloc late game, but instead they all went at each other's throats!!! Meanwhile the two-scum masonry wound up having Pod and Keane as best friends. Ah, betrayals!!

- In general the town, as a whole, just wasn't up to snuff compared to the mafia. The mafia, especially Pod (pretty much only pod tbh) were busting their butts each day, and the town was largely unable to gather proper momentum against them. At least until day 4, when it was really, just, absolutely clearly obvious who were the remaining scum.

- That being said, the town was hurt by the scum killing the most active posters. It's a strategically sound way to play mafia - it's probably the best scum strategy to be honest - but I don't recommend it.

Special sadness goes to TNL who wrote a novel for his character and committed to roleplaying only to die night 1 just because "he's posting a lot."

Mild sadness goes to Yami, who was having a good time and then a very bad time.

Thanks for playing everybody!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah next time I'm just gonna lurk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think AS and I knew the entire scumteam at lylo with the exception of possibly BK vs Genex.

Ecco wasnt gonna put a naive and insane cop and not give us a real cop, you dummies.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Maybe I should just shut up, given how I played this game, but I will say that we killed Keane not because he was vocal, but rather because Pod was beyond scared that we would have to lose AA due to some masonry revelations. We nearly killed Moat instead.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That said I should have kicked into high gear posting more sooner. I was definitely thrown off by the early deadlines during the first couple days which hosed with my ability to sort of catch up in time to make my posting worthwhile.

I trusted you, AS. :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gene I'm not gonna lie you lurk as scum loving hard core and I might have to start meta reading that as your scumtell from now on, thats not the first time youve done that

Just a tip from one assless chap to amother

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Monathin posted:

Gene I'm not gonna lie you lurk as scum loving hard core and I might have to start meta reading that as your scumtell from now on, thats not the first time youve done that

Just a tip from one assless chap to amother

Go for it.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

EccoRaven posted:

- Mason A:
--- Mafia: Godfather
--- PR: Cop
--- Foil: Miller

lol i knew it!

i probably was too worried about my sanity and may have talked town out of believing me

still good game and i hope i redeemed myself a little

Monathin posted:

I trusted you, AS. :(

:sympathy:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
pod why didn't you guys kill me when i stumbled into your trap? did you really miss it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it was so loving obvious that Pod and AA were scum at the end there

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

bowmore posted:

it was so loving obvious that Pod and AA were scum at the end there

I was anticipating a sequence of lynch pod->block+kill moat->lynch AA->kill ??->lynch me->kill AS, hope BK's godfather saves us in the 3 person LYLO.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I tried to rescue you town, you should have listened to me. I'm pretty confident we could have reverse swept and won since the scum were way too sloppy D4. But instead we're ALL DEAD.

Good job scumbos.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry I dropped out again. I’ve had some difficult sessions recently and I realized I didn’t have any energy left to lie.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Slamburger posted:

My initial scum reads are on Podima and AA.

Slamburger posted:

BottleKnight and Genex: You guys haven't made a single post on this game day yet. Should we all assume you guys are just scum lurkers and should be the next to go?

:lumpen:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The only reason I've sidled up with Podima is because he's been persistent in masonry about things.

:munch: :sun: :munch:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol I hosed up so hard at the start of the game and almost outed myself as scum in masonry. Leading to a very intricate and tedious web of lies.

Sorry for dragging my team into them, but we won, huzzah!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I blame moat for effectively thunderdoming the two of us d3

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
So when are you guys gonna start believing me? This is the second time i homed in on scum extremely early (hello AA).

Honestly i feel like both sides didn't play to their best. However, scum's choice of targets ended up working out for them really well. AA extremely obviously DELIBERATELY ignoring pod over moat getting missed honestly shocked me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Good job scum. Town got poo poo housed.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol I hosed up so hard at the start of the game and almost outed myself as scum in masonry. Leading to a very intricate and tedious web of lies.

Sorry for dragging my team into them, but we won, huzzah!

:bahgawd:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

Honestly? I would say Pod (No offense Pod). I just feel like Pod is playing an aggressive game which is not the normal Pod game I'm used to.

I loving knew it Pod!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

So when are you guys gonna start believing me? This is the second time i homed in on scum extremely early (hello AA).

Honestly i feel like both sides didn't play to their best. However, scum's choice of targets ended up working out for them really well. AA extremely obviously DELIBERATELY ignoring pod over moat getting missed honestly shocked me.

The super unfortunate thing with Mafia is that it's not enough to be right, you also have to be convincing. Its why I disagree so much with the sentiment that town should just post what they want since they have nothing to hide. Effectively managing how you look is still important to avoid scum being able to turn you into a target.

That being said you got the short end of a really lovely stick and I know Pod felt pretty bad about pushing you, but he felt he had no other options at the time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like part of me felt really bad for what happened with Sal day 1 but also I had to make do with what I had there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Scum didn't actually get to talk during the day, so we were all flying blind and flailing a bit. (Or, in my particular case, forgetting about the game during most of D2 and being busy with stuff during much of D3.)

By the time I got myself in order, it was LYLO, and there was no way in hell that I was suddenly going to start chatting up a storm when we could maintain LYLO indefinitely.

• Locked thread