Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The best Fleetwood Mac song is of course Little Lies. It is my understanding that that song was the absolute peak of them all hating each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fart blood posted:

The best Fleetwood Mac song is of course Little Lies. It is my understanding that that song was the absolute peak of them all hating each other.

All of them hating each other, all of them doing all the drugs together, all of them sleeping with each other.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpVCL00fPAc

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Chain is my fave Fleetwood Mac song. Granted I've never really done a deep dive into their catalog but the sonic layering in The Chain absolutely blew my mind even tho its a basic moody bluegrass song.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its sad that the last time Talking Heads played together the audio loving sucked. I wish they would do a reunion tour but Byrne is some kind of rear end in a top hat?

ALso i was reading about the band Badfinger and god drat that got grim

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Here’s a very good Danzig song with a truly awful video: https://youtu.be/EclL-8laqdw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/stereo_williams/status/995501313503965184
I mean I could be the entirety of Angel Dust and most of King for a Day, Fool For A Lifetime and feel confidently right about my dumb 90s music opinions :colbert:

Hell I could every Mr. Bungle album and still be right :smugbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just found out I'm going to get a paid gig this month and I'm so loving happy. Finding paid work in advocacy is really tough. I know I'm worth more than a paycheck but sometimes I get really emotional about the fact that I work so hard for free.

It's so nice to feel valued. :unsmith:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks my friend. It's a one off payday but the lucky part is that while the paydays are infrequent, when you get them they're pretty sweet. I'm hoping that me and some compadres succeed in our quest for a three year grant but the fact that I haven't heard anything yet has me pessimistic.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress yeah Foochs! You deserve every good thing that comes your way you've loving earned it. I hope the upward trend keeps going for this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot of people claiming my friend. it Gets the hands a bit sweaty. hope I don't lose him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I would throw out Black Hole Sun, Monkey Wrench, Machinehead, Drive, and Smooth off the top of my head. Some of the others that I thought of I'm not sure are worthy of comparison to Smells Like Teen Spirit despite being really good and iconic, or I'm not sure if they qualify as "rock songs," because they might be too far into other genres like metal and rap.

The 90s being a bad decade for music is dirty Gen X propaganda. :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

a lot of people claiming my friend. it Gets the hands a bit sweaty. hope I don't lose him

I am friend to all. :)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am friend to all. :)

Basically Gamera

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/stereo_williams/status/995501313503965184
I mean I could be the entirety of Angel Dust and most of King for a Day, Fool For A Lifetime and feel confidently right about my dumb 90s music opinions :colbert:

Hell I could every Mr. Bungle album and still be right :smugbert:

Would you throw in Mike Patton's work voicing the Infected in Left 4 Dead? Because drat those noises, especially from the Witch, stayed with me.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 14, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sanguinia posted:

I would throw out Black Hole Sun, Monkey Wrench, Machinehead, Drive, and Smooth off the top of my head. Some of the others that I thought of I'm not sure are worthy of comparison to Smells Like Teen Spirit despite being really good and iconic, or I'm not sure if they qualify as "rock songs," because they might be too far into other genres like metal and rap.

I finally paid atention to the lyrics of creep and drat it hit me.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Sanguinia posted:

1997 was my favorite year for music; it had the best industrial music, OK Computer, and Homogenic. Then again it was the year both the Spice Girls and Insane Clown Posse broke huge so it was definitely a year of peaks and valleys.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the spice girls are good

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

psp, what is your fatality in real life? mine is licking the person's forehead until i lick through their skull and into their brain

i seduce my opponent and pound them in the rear end constantly until they die of old age

i can basically only win one match but it's gonna be a good match

OH if anyone cares, the blue cheese creme brulee turned out delicious and my mom loved it (there's a backstory here about how she called it her 'favorite dessert i ever had' and then the restaurant took it off the menu, so i got ahold of the exact recipe and exact cheese and made it myself for mothers day)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
prove it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cake is one of the coolest bands ever and i'm saying this completely uniroinicaly

90's had some good poo poo going on

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

For a child of the 90's who loves music as much as I do, I kick myself for discovering the Manic Street Preachers only a few weeks ago.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just found out I'm going to get a paid gig this month and I'm so loving happy. Finding paid work in advocacy is really tough. I know I'm worth more than a paycheck but sometimes I get really emotional about the fact that I work so hard for free.

It's so nice to feel valued. :unsmith:

congratulations foochs :D

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Even though I know they didn't exist until 2003, I get surprised every time I get reminded that Streetlight Manifesto isn't from the 90s.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Beck's "Midnite Vultures" is a very underrated album

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

I felt really bad about killing that dragón in GOW

Also Snatcher and Policenauts are masterpieces

Man, we really shouldn't live in space. But we gonna because gently caress scientists. We'll brute force this poo poo drat it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know the 1st game that let you play the bad guy? I imagine it was something like Dungeon Keeper or to a lesser extent Wario Land.

What's the first game ya'll played where you just went hog wild playing the villain.

It was KOTOR for me and it made such an impression that every Bioware game from Baldur's Gate - Jade Empire I made sure to do the bad guy route first.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wanted to be big boss building outer heaven and not whatever the gently caress kojima did with mgsv: a bad game

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i was a part of a chaotic evil d&d campaign where we worshiped nerull and were specifically racist towards hobbits and gnomes because they were short if that counts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i wanted to be big boss building outer heaven and not whatever the gently caress kojima did with mgsv: a bad game

Mgs v is an engine that forgot to have a game

But man it's a real good engine

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CobiWann posted:

Would you throw in Mike Patton's work voicing the Infected in Left 4 Dead? Because drat those noises, especially from the Witch, stayed with me.
I don't think Patton did the witch voices

However if you want to hear a song done by him going full angry sphere have I got the song for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjUveFfJsw
The live performance of it also is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsXRiV6yo4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone know the 1st game that let you play the bad guy? I imagine it was something like Dungeon Keeper or to a lesser extent Wario Land.

What's the first game ya'll played where you just went hog wild playing the villain.

It was KOTOR for me and it made such an impression that every Bioware game from Baldur's Gate - Jade Empire I made sure to do the bad guy route first.

Wario Land came out in the US in May 1994, a few months before TIE Fighter. Those would be the first I remember, but there's probably some obscure PC text adventure or something.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

piss tape israel posted:

Beck's "Midnite Vultures" is a very underrated album

One of my favorite albums ever

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Defiance Industries posted:

One of my favorite albums ever
:hfive:

One of the rare albums where every single track is great (IMO, of course)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dungeon Keeper still one of my fave games. Very upset that the mobile version turned into a Clash of Clans ripoff. I spent hours over optimizing dungeon routes to maximize casualties. I feel like this should have been my career path.

MGSV is probably the only game from the MGS series I really got into. Beat 1, that was pretty cool. 2 couldn't hold my attention and turned me off to the series so hard it took gifs of horses pooping to sell me on 5. I played Reveangance but couldn't figure out the slashy to get powerups technique so I got bored with it. But 5's open world approach was just too fun. Rode a horse, made moony eyes at a demihuman sniper, hosed up the russians, stole trucks to create roadblocks to gently caress up more russians, great times.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
having played the entire series the only good mgs games are I and III

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

iirc Wizardry IV, which had you playing as the first game's villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

DoctorGonzo posted:

having played the entire series the only good mgs games are I and III

2 is really good though. V is about 1/3rd good. 4 is fanservice so that's good if you like all the other ones.