Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Motto posted:

it's delfino in a supposed mario odyssey update or DLC, is what that footage is getting at.

One thing I wouldnt really understand is how theyre going to pack it, because Delfino Isle was a series of it's own levels, like you had Bianca Hills and Rico Harbor and whatever else, but this is showing just the Defino Plaza which was fun to jump around in but otherwise uneventful, while Odyssey's levels were all basically just one big area and didnt often branch off into other maps. Then again they did it with the outside of the castle in 64, but that was already in the game, and getting just Delfino Plaza alone doesnt seem substantial enough to be DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Do you get gold coins for dlc?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I tried playing some Mario Odyssey last night and holy fart it's not fun anymore after you've beaten it. Just feels like a checklist.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zelder posted:

Oh yah, this one is fantastic. The only bad part is the game has little faith in the player and constantly slams you with tutorials

I never even finished it because after what felt like 30 hours of tutorials, the game was still interrupting the gameplay with tutorials every 5 minutes. I just kinda lost interest :(

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Do you get gold coins for dlc?

As far as I've seen, yes

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

No no no no

Don't phunk with my heart

1080p cinematic of Geno destructo-discing Exor's hilt off

HD Booster/Bowser wedding kiss

Bruce Lee reference intact

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Star Fox racing could be good as hell — I'm imagining a flying racing game where you race through asteroid fields, canyons, etc, flying through rings, blasting enemies that get in your way, and using cool weapons on the other racers' ships— but in real life it will probably just be an average f-zero-type game.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Remake SMRPG but replace Mallow and Geno with characters from Bean Bean Kingdom and Block Kingdom.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Remake SMRPG but it's in the Dark Souls engine

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Polo-Rican posted:

Star Fox racing could be good as hell — I'm imagining a flying racing game where you race through asteroid fields, canyons, etc, flying through rings, blasting enemies that get in your way, and using cool weapons on the other racers' ships— but in real life it will probably just be an average, vanilla f-zero type game.

You're more or less describing Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, in case you didn't know.

Did we ever hear more about whether the Sega tease a while back was this, or Sonic R?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/996072654242230273?s=19

Who says nintendo doesn't do sales

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

All three of those unique series are good, but people who dismiss the other two because they're not exactly like the one on the snes are stuck in the past

I like the other two a lot. It’s just that they’ve both have had a bunch of sequels and now even some remakes by now. It would be cool if the original series could another game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dark souls remastered on the switch is going to be the dark souls of games on the nintendo switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ubisoft

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Not Operator posted:

You're more or less describing Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, in case you didn't know.

I totally forgot that sonic all star had flying segments! The more I think about it the more naturally I think Star Fox could transition into racing.

One "problem" with star fox 64's gameplay is that there's no gameplay incentive besides score to do anything. If you don't shoot a single enemy in a level before the boss, there's no effect besides score - you still win. You can do all sorts of combos with lock-on lasers and bombs, but that doesn't affect the gameplay, just your final score. But what if shooting enemies made you go faster, and your ultimate goal was to get to the end of the level before other characters? Suddenly you have a real gameplay incentive to score cool combos, shoot every single enemy, etc.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I feel like I need to buy Rayman and Rabbids now to save cash even though I have no time to play new games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Is this something I can participate in even if I do not yet own a Nintendo Switch console? Just making sure, never done digital Nintendo anything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I feel like I need to buy Rayman and Rabbids now to save cash even though I have no time to play new games.

Both the physical versions are on sale for even cheaper at Best Buy right now. Mario Rabbids is $30 and Rayman is $20.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Polo-Rican posted:

I totally forgot that sonic all star had flying segments! The more I think about it the more naturally I think Star Fox could transition into racing.

One "problem" with star fox 64's gameplay is that there's no gameplay incentive besides score to do anything. If you don't shoot a single enemy in a level before the boss, there's no effect besides score - you still win. You can do all sorts of combos with lock-on lasers and bombs, but that doesn't affect the gameplay, just your final score. But what if shooting enemies made you go faster, and your ultimate goal was to get to the end of the level before other characters? Suddenly you have a real gameplay incentive to score cool combos, shoot every single enemy, etc.

That's incorrect, there are level based objectives for going down certain paths that require you to keep your Squad alive, hit certain triggers, kill some enemies within a time limit, etc

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Starfox... Online.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hire me Nintendo, I know how to get furry money until the end of time.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Starfox Citizen

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Polo-Rican posted:

Star Fox racing could be good as hell — I'm imagining a flying racing game where you race through asteroid fields, canyons, etc, flying through rings, blasting enemies that get in your way, and using cool weapons on the other racers' ships— but in real life it will probably just be an average f-zero-type game.

Y'all gotta have some faith in Retro to make it good even if the concept is weird. With a record like theirs (Metroid Prime trilogy, new Donkey Kong games, and codeveloping Mario Kart 7) I see them making it work

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Both the physical versions are on sale for even cheaper at Best Buy right now. Mario Rabbids is $30 and Rayman is $20.

I'm doing the all digital thing. There are so many more deals for physical, but I like the convenience.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spellman posted:

1080p cinematic of Geno destructo-discing Exor's hilt off

HD Booster/Bowser wedding kiss

Bruce Lee reference intact

Symphonic soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLm78UpqSg

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Oh what the gently caress, I literally just used coinstar to turn like $25 in coins into amazon credit. :mad:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Starfox... Online.

You joke but I'd play starfox64 4 player versus mode online.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Rocked some 4 player this weekend. Crawl and Mario Kart as usual. Tried out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, and had a lot of fun with that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Blackchamber posted:

You joke but I'd play starfox64 4 player versus mode online.

It’s a shame Zero didn’t have online.

That game owned. Fight me.:colbert:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Klisejo posted:

Rocked some 4 player this weekend. Crawl and Mario Kart as usual. Tried out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, and had a lot of fun with that.

haha holy poo poo, these were the exact same games I played with my family this weekend

Crawl is sooooo good

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Considering buying Rayman Legends.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've always liked Nintendo racing games despite being terrible at them. They just have a lot of charm and life. I suck at F-Zero but it's cool as heck, and I adore Wave Race even if I'm terrible, because it feels so chill.

I have faith in Star Fox if they keep it lively.

Also how has no one realized there will clearly be a red-headed blue bird of prey with golden wings and legs, with matching scarf, to be set-up as Falco's rival and called none other than Captain Falcon?

Honestly they should just make animal versions of that whole cast. Wouldn't be too hard.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

man nurse posted:

Considering buying Rayman Legends.

i allready own it on pc and so am i

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Tbh i kind of want monopoly. Ive heard theyve updated it to be basically what youd expect rather than completely, unplayably horrible

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh what the gently caress, I literally just used coinstar to turn like $25 in coins into amazon credit. :mad:

You can buy digital eshop cards on Amazon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How does one sell a whole bunch of Nintendo LABO?

Well you get Ariana Grande to sing a song with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcyBx4Kv0lg&t=16s
(Best quality I could find)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Because it was campy and it embraced it without overdoing it and coming off as corny. It had a perfect charm. It was lightning in a bottle that they couldn't capture again with the 3DS remake even when most (if not all?) of the original cast came back and reprised their roles. It's sad.

I have no idea why they couldn't just let you toggle the old voices back. It was a bummer. Solid remake though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Fawf posted:

You can buy digital eshop cards on Amazon

Its a tough call now that ive had time to think. I was gonna get the next couple culture books originally

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Polo-Rican posted:

You can argue this for Ikaruga as the same thing applies, but in SF64 you "lose" if you don't get to the right version of Venom and the true Andross fight.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have no idea why they couldn't just let you toggle the old voices back. It was a bummer. Solid remake though.

Definitely is, the visuals are perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://youtu.be/HPhnYMC9Hcg

Is this real.

Like holy cow I'm naturally inclined to call fake but this is really well done if it isn't real.

the camera is at a weird off-center angle that Mario Odyssey's camera can't replicate and the Mario's shadow is rendered differently from in Odyssey.

• Locked thread