Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Are north going to keep being good? I don’t know about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Solemn Sloth posted:

My brother in law is a Collingwood supporter so is now of course having a massive sulk about how footys in the worst state it’s ever been and we should go back to the 80s or 90s where multiple teams got beaten by 20 goals every round or some dumb loving bullshit Jesus Christ it’s like the herald loving sun

collingwood fans are the biggest babies. they never stop booing until they get a free kick or goal

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

collingwood fans are the biggest babies. they never stop booing until they get a free kick or goal

This but also Richmond fans, worse cos' there's more of them now.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Solemn Sloth posted:

My brother in law is a Collingwood supporter so is now of course having a massive sulk about how footys in the worst state it’s ever been and we should go back to the 80s or 90s where multiple teams got beaten by 20 goals every round or some dumb loving bullshit Jesus Christ it’s like the herald loving sun

At least next round will lift his spirits.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
sam day banned for a dick punch

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sam Powell-Pepper only a fine for a gut punch, add that to the list of 'we're not having this in the game anymore' directives to get thrown out in recent years for reasons

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
The Steven Baker suspension from a few years ago will always be the one that annoys me the most. They haven't levied anything like that at anyone before or since and he's hardly the only tagger that ever pulled that kind of stuff.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Crows playing Friday night again this week, think that's the fourth time in nine rounds (plus a Thursday night game).

I assume this means we'll be mired with Sunday twilight games for the rest of the season or something. I don't ever remember having that many Friday night matches in a season, let alone a period of two months.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What’s a Friday night?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

What’s a Friday night?

Usually a Carlton loss

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Neeld has quit Essendon. Probably the scape goat.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
loving hell

https://twitter.com/AFLcomau/status/995917496237506560

Just end our season already.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Yes, Cow Dude rides again

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Honestly losing both Curnows if anything makes it more likely that you’ll Stephen Bradbury over us, not less

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
demons indigenous round jumper is out

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How about Stephen May?

(I'd be all right with it if his umpire petting incident wasn't scrutinised the same way, just because of the nature of it.)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
He got off with a $1000 fine for careless contact.

Umpire didn't even remember it (like the other two umps no doubt)

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Quantum Shart posted:

Neeld has quit Essendon. Probably the scape goat.

And his position is not being reappointed. At least not this season. Hard to read Neeld. We all know what a disaster he was with Melbourne, but he did great work at Collingwood before that. He is copping it in comments on most articles, which I think is unfair. I don’t know where the problems lie at Essendon...it wouldn’t be with any one person. Maybe he was part of the problem, maybe not. But I think people are too quick to say his appointment was a mistake from the start.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

thepokey posted:

And his position is not being reappointed. At least not this season. Hard to read Neeld. We all know what a disaster he was with Melbourne, but he did great work at Collingwood before that. He is copping it in comments on most articles, which I think is unfair. I don’t know where the problems lie at Essendon...it wouldn’t be with any one person. Maybe he was part of the problem, maybe not. But I think people are too quick to say his appointment was a mistake from the start.

He was a really good development coach, I wonder if his skillset or personality held him back from taking a more senior role

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

im sure this saturday nights game of st kilda v collingwood is going to be a goalkicking masterclass

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

He was a really good development coach, I wonder if his skillset or personality held him back from taking a more senior role

Coaching Melbourne damaged him

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Seeing photos of Mark Neeld takes me to a dark place.

I still can't believe there was a year we won 2 games.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

I’m okay with Essendon thinking getting rid of Neeld solves all their problems actually

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Campbell Brown is saying Brad Crouch’s groin needs surgery and he’s out for the year

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why’s bramble crown all over crad browches groin anyway

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crouch has Osteitis Pubis, the club denied it but then the player confirmed it a week later. There's not a shadow of a doubt that we should have traded him at the end of 2016 instead of hanging a 4 year $2.2m contract around our necks

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

im sure this saturday nights game of st kilda v collingwood is going to be a goalkicking masterclass

I'll be sitting level 3 front row on the centre wing - a perfect place to be seen on the TV and by the players. How long would a banner draped over the railing that says "KICK IT BETWEEN THE BIG STICKS!" last?

Also, you'll probably be able to hear me yelling goal kicking advice over the telecast.

"Gresham, Don't run out to the right! RUN STRAIGHT AT GOAL!"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s believed that aside from John Worsfold, Rob Harding (game intelligence and opposition strategy coach) and Neeld, no assistants were permitted to discuss specific strategy and tactics with the senior coach or players.

This extended to game day in the coaches’ box, with almost every suggestion regarding a heavily criticised game plan funnelled through Neeld.

This alienated other assistants Mark Harvey, James Kelly, Paul Corrigan and Hayden Skipworth.

On several occasions, at least one of the assistants who was not allowed to discuss strategy or tactics, had to discreetly tell the runner messages behind Worsfold and Neeld’s backs in order to get their message out there.

:psyduck:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Running like clockwork

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
:psyduck:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It sounds like every corporate job I've ever worked

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Why employ assistant coaches if they are not allowed to assist?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Crouch has Osteitis Pubis, the club denied it but then the player confirmed it a week later. There's not a shadow of a doubt that we should have traded him at the end of 2016 instead of hanging a 4 year $2.2m contract around our necks

That's actually not too bad a price, we're paying Melksham 500k a year and he got to spend the first year of that sitting at home from the drugs ban.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

That's actually not too bad a price, we're paying Melksham 500k a year and he got to spend the first year of that sitting at home from the drugs ban.

Yeah but we could have sold him to Hawthorn, who were into him in a large way, for the first round pick they ended up exchanging for O'Meara, and that way we could have traded for Gibbs in the 2017 season and still drafted the 'late second rounder in hindsight' player we opted to take at 15 instead of trading.

Internally overrating both Crouch brothers to such a huge extent probably cost us more than any other decision in recent years.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah but we could have sold him to Hawthorn, who were into him in a large way, for the first round pick they ended up exchanging for O'Meara, and that way we could have traded for Gibbs in the 2017 season and still drafted the 'late second rounder in hindsight' player we opted to take at 15 instead of trading.

Internally overrating both Crouch brothers to such a huge extent probably cost us more than any other decision in recent years.

Whenever I see NT ragging on one of the Crouch brothers:

https://i.imgur.com/lBxzfFK.gifv

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
On head high contact: Lecras, Burton, Parker, Fyfe x2: no case to answer. Natanui: suspended one week. Thomas: banned for life and sentenced to hang.

I retract my previous statement that the MRO is doing a good job.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Parker and Fyfe didn’t even have accidental head clashes like the others who got off, they just straight up went past the ball and bumped dudes in the head. No worries. Then Fyfe hangs a knee out and hurts Carlisle. No worries, don’t worry about his form in this area, he’s our Nat 😍

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

drunkill posted:

Why employ assistant coaches if they are not allowed to assist?
I’m reading about Stalin and he liked to keep underlings around just so he could pin his failures/atrocities on them to save face.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Unpopular opinion: I think Parker should have gotten off. He was actually going for the ball, he missed it because Impey knocked it on at the last moment which made it look like Parker went past the ball to take him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

Unpopular opinion: I think Parker should have gotten off. He was actually going for the ball, he missed it because Impey knocked it on at the last moment which made it look like Parker went past the ball to take him out.

If impey hadn’t tapped it his head would still have been collected by parker’s hip. Impey was there first already bent over when Parker came careening in and collected him.