Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

THE loving MOON posted:

I just beat that pufferfish boss in DK Tropical Freeze, and THAT was terrible

I just beat him earlier and that was the first one I finally had to buy some barrels for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Is Retro actually making a star fox racer or is that a rumor we're running with, I'm too tired to figure this poo poo out.

It’s a rumor but it seems like a pretty credible one from people in the know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

Is Retro actually making a star fox racer or is that a rumor we're running with, I'm too tired to figure this poo poo out.

credible rumors with official looking title art is what the evidence is

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is quickly shaping up to be "what if Smash Bros was created by nitwits and the character crossovers were just nonsense"

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s a rumor but it seems like a pretty credible one from people in the know.

That's the crazy part, it's from some guy on Reddit who keeps changing his leak list on a monthly basis and has already gotten so much poo poo wrong

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DLC Inc posted:

this game is quickly shaping up to be "what if Smash Bros was created by nitwits and the character crossovers were just nonsense"

I don't know either of the games they're from, but fishing girl from Blade Strangers seems cooler than stripey-shirt boy from Smash

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm curious about it if it ends up being true, would it be some mix of wipeout and mario kart? That could be fun. Maybe they'd make use of the spaceship aspect more and it'd be a kind of aerial racer, that'd be pretty cool too

I've never played a Star Fox game so the 'branding' means nothing to me but Retro has a pretty interesting track record

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You should play 64. It holds up pretty well if you like arcade shooters. The 3DS has a good remake of it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

THE loving MOON posted:

I just beat that pufferfish boss in DK Tropical Freeze, and THAT was terrible

See I won't argue that

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just cleared world 4's challenge stage and I'm beginning to think there hardest one was the one back in world 2, the one where you have to time hopping on all those owls

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

Just cleared world 4's challenge stage and I'm beginning to think there hardest one was the one back in world 2, the one where you have to time hopping on all those owls

Bopopolis? Yeah that's a hellworld

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

THE loving MOON posted:

That's pretty much in line with their past DLC practice, I remember getting individual new characters for 7 or 8 with continuum shift that ended up being in the base game in the next version.

At any rate the season pass is $20, so worst case for the base game+DLC you're looking at $70. $60 with the prime discount.

edit: Also the other two RWBY characters and the first round of DLC is free on release. The RWBY ones are free permanently

edit2: I understand why people were salty when the game was initially announced when they thought half the RWBY cast was gonna be paywalled, but they aren't. It's a new game, and frankly I don't think that a $20 season pass is that much of an ask. :shrug:

On the other hand gently caress that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE loving MOON posted:

I've beaten them all and yeah it's probably the hardest one just because there are very very few places in the stage where you can stop moving and catch a breath without dying . Awesome level though, look up speedruns for it lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goferchan posted:

I've beaten them all and yeah it's probably the hardest one just because there are very very few places in the stage where you can stop moving and catch a breath without dying . Awesome level though, look up speedruns for it lol

The window for a good bounce is very tight and its easy to feel like the game hosed you out of one at any point in that level for an instant death

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Do I have to get all the KONG letters in the game to unlock levels or is it just per zone?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Do I have to get all the KONG letters in the game to unlock levels or is it just per zone?

What do you mean? To play every single secret level in the game you'll have to get all the KONG letters in every single stage, yes

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Macaluso posted:

The only thing about Runner3 that I'm not super keen on is that it seems to be also a rhythm game? I'm not a big fan of the platforming being based around the music. Runner 3 does look more up my alley though yeah

It only incidentally follows the rhythm, it's not actually a rhythm game. Though the beat will help you time certain actions, the obstacles or gold will be what triggers you to jump/slide/deflect

You'll probably play a level a few times to plot the best route if there is gold that you missed, and other secrets

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it’s per zone

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Spellman posted:

It only incidentally follows the rhythm, it's not actually a rhythm game. Though the beat will help you time certain actions, the obstacles or gold will be what triggers you to jump/slide/deflect

You'll probably play a level a few times to plot the best route if there is gold that you missed, and other secrets

Cool I'll check it out when it's released then!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

b_d posted:

it’s per zone

Oh yeah you unlock the temples in each world by getting all the KONG letters in that world. Then you unlock more stuff by beating all the temples

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^^

goferchan posted:

What do you mean? To play every single secret level in the game you'll have to get all the KONG letters in every single stage, yes

To unlock the levels, do I need all the KONG in the game or just in a zone?

Do I have to find the secret exits, as well? I have one zone that I have all the KONGs but nothing opened up. I'm guessing I missed a secret exit?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah, secret levels have the letters too, so you need the secret exits

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Waltzing Along posted:

To unlock the levels, do I need all the KONG in the game or just in a zone?

Do I have to find the secret exits, as well? I have one zone that I have all the KONGs but nothing opened up. I'm guessing I missed a secret exit?

You need to find KONG in every level of every world, including the secret levels (secret exits themselves are unnecessary, unless they're the only way to reach a level). Doing so unlocks the K level for that world, and completing all of *those* levels unlocks an additional world at the end of the game.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Make a good star fox that's open, like rogue squadron or something. That on rails stuff isn't my thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-NkzONb2Bw

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Bopopolis? Yeah that's a hellworld

Yup, that's the one. Must have taken me 50 balloons, easy.

edit: Probably should have waited to do it last since nothing else really stacks up. But I set out to do all the worlds as I came to them so I guess it's alright.

Improbable Lobster posted:

On the other hand gently caress that

The game ships with 20 characters, and there's another 20 for $20. I don't know about you or anyone else but I'm pretty much totally unfamiliar with Under Night and Persona, and I'm happy with the picks they made from Blazblue, especially since Litchi, Arakune, and Carl are all absent. Most of the cast might as well be new to me so... like... I guess I don't really care? It really doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 15, 2018

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah, sounds pretty good to me too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The story is about Luigi finding [THE FORBIDDEN RACKET] and unleashing Tennis Ragnarok

This game looks so loving good god drat.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Mario Tennis is gonna be a great game, holy poo poo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:tviv:

Mario Tennis is my most anticipated anime of 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/sevengranddad92/status/996202308424814592

https://twitter.com/silenttakedown/status/996211505283715072

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I can't wait. Really hope they take some queues from Splatoon and have a good ranked/ladder MP mode because I can see myself getting extremely competitive with this. The super meter and different moves per character makes it feel like Tennis + Fighting Game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The story is about Luigi finding [THE FORBIDDEN RACKET] and unleashing Tennis Ragnarok

This game looks so loving good god drat.

I thought this was joke

Holy poo poo, day 1 buy :allears:

Also playable Chain Chomp is loving great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They also announced the free online Mario Tennis demo tournament being from June 1st to June 3rd in Japan. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s very close or on the same dates for other regions.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Luigi kill Wario Waluigi this early? Wow

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Also playable Chain Chomp is loving great.

it's so adorable

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Jesus Christ

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
If you are like me, you care very much that Taiko no Tatsujin is out (in Japan) on July 19.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Luigi finds the racquet Mario used to perform the move that made Tennis illegal worldwide, the Chaos Spike.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Donkey Kong talk: puffer fish was the easiest of the bosses. The bosses are long and boring and drag the game down.

The only hard parts of the game are the last boss and the secret levels. The normal game is fine, you have unlimited lived.

The soundtrack is like the first game but not as good. Found DKC to be more atmospheric. And harder. But I've enjoyed my time with it! It's just not worth $60 I reckon. Too short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

The normal game is fine, you have unlimited lived.

While they are easy to get, lives are limited. What do you mean by unlimited?

jetpackhewy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 15, 2018

• Locked thread