Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

FCKGW posted:

They also had a double cheeseburger at the food court I had never seen before.

Time to make a pilgrimage....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It’s different than the 1/3 pound cheese burger I tried a few months ago

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
1030 calories. A Good Burger.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
So I got fed up with my crappy extension corded weed eater and went on the Costco site to see what was offered. This was offered instore and online:
https://www.costco.com/Jonsered-58V-Combo-Pack-Trimmer-%2526-Blower.product.100412093.html
I am now the proud owner of a Jonsered 58v 2.6ah lithium ion weedeater/blower combo. Was $299 but I don't care. I'm Considering their battery operated lawnmower now for $399. My Troy Bilt is getting rusty.
Thats more than I ever paid for a lawnmower or weedeater but still cheaper than a tricked out Honda. Apparently Jonsered is the sister brand of Husqvarna from Sweden and their chainsaws are considered "Pro" quality.

I love Costco.

(Got a dog also)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LinYutang posted:

still impressed that a single slice of costco pizza has like 1000 calories

My favorite thing about the foodcourt menu is that the cheese slice is like 100 more calories than the pepperoni or combo.

There's almost an inappropriate amount of cheese. Almost.

Not Skynet
Jul 10, 2012

Chinatown posted:

My favorite thing about the foodcourt menu is that the cheese slice is like 100 more calories than the pepperoni or combo.

There's almost an inappropriate amount of cheese. Almost.

24oz of cheese. For comparison that's 10 more than the pepperoni and combo.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

There's a loving pound and a half of cheese on one of those? Jealous of you blessed lactose havers.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

BaconCopter posted:

There's a loving pound and a half of cheese on one of those? Jealous of you blessed lactose havers.

Costco sells lactase supplements.

Not Skynet
Jul 10, 2012
I should probably point out, though I hope that it would be obvious, that I was talking about the whole pizza and not individual slices

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BaconCopter posted:

Yes, yes there is.

"One way Costco keeps those prices so low is by locking in its cheese prices several years in advance in order to avoid market fluctuations. Costco knows the cheese market, probably better than your broker knows the NASDAQ."

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lazyhound posted:

Costco sells lactase supplements.

Enough per visit per pizza slice!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

The Aardvark posted:

Enough per visit per pizza slice!

If it's anything like my allergy med it's $25 a year instead of $40 month at Costco.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MisterOblivious posted:

Yes, yes there is.

"One way Costco keeps those prices so low is by locking in its cheese prices several years in advance in order to avoid market fluctuations. Costco knows the cheese market, probably better than your broker knows the NASDAQ."

They must know the hot dog market pretty well too.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They must know the hot dog market pretty well too.

They could not get them cheaper from suppliers so Costco built it's own hot dog plant.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

MisterOblivious posted:

If it's anything like my allergy med it's $25 a year instead of $40 month at Costco.

Seriously? What the gently caress is up with that? Buying one package of Costco allergy spray pays for my membership easily. It’s like 30$ for 5 rather than 1 for 20$ or some crazy poo poo like that.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I've never had any luck with lactase pills, they've only ever just slightly lessened the inevitable "Old Faithful Pain Geyser".

The allergy meds stuff is too true though, I pay for my membership multiples times over with Kirkland allergy pills/sprays.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I didn't even think to look for allergy meds there until last week, when pollen season was nearly done, and combined for the Kirkland Claritin and Zyrtec for 365 tablets each it cost me less than getting a month of the Zyrtec at Walmart.

Such bounty, we are blessed beyond reason.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BaconCopter posted:

I've never had any luck with lactase pills, they've only ever just slightly lessened the inevitable "Old Faithful Pain Geyser".

The allergy meds stuff is too true though, I pay for my membership multiples times over with Kirkland allergy pills/sprays.

jack up the dose then

its the same stuff white peeps and babies bodies use to digest lactose

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Truly, we are the sons and daughters of Him.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

bob dobbs is dead posted:

jack up the dose then

its the same stuff white peeps and babies bodies use to digest lactose

White peeps? I thought white peeps are mutants in regards to being able to digest lactose and the majority of the world has trouble with it.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Coredump posted:

White peeps? I thought white peeps are mutants in regards to being able to digest lactose and the majority of the world has trouble with it.

the bodies of white peeps, yes. parse as (white peeps and babies) bodies

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from Costco. Found out we are getting the burgers in about a month. Praise be.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Does Costco do memorial day sales

I'm shopping washer/dryer and prefer Costco for appliances, but other places are gonna have mad sales in two weeks.

Not Skynet
Jul 10, 2012

Flaggy posted:

Just got back from Costco. Found out we are getting the burgers in about a month. Praise be.

I kind of want to get the burgers (we just dropped the chili but we only replaced it with the Al pastor salad so far) but I'm not sure I want to be making burgers all day

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

I'm shopping washer/dryer and prefer Costco for appliances, but other places are gonna have mad sales in two weeks.

They do a month long (maybe 3 weeks?) sale and don't deviate from that schedule. Sometimes they may put related items in that month's ad (like TVs in whatever ad Superbowl falls in) but other than that no, they don't do special ads outside of Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Current ad ends today so check back in a week or so and see if anything is on sale.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

Probably something in the ad but no blow your socks off loss leaders like other places. You do get a much better warranty and a dog and coke out the door.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

They do a month long (maybe 3 weeks?) sale and don't deviate from that schedule. Sometimes they may put related items in that month's ad (like TVs in whatever ad Superbowl falls in) but other than that no, they don't do special ads outside of Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Current ad ends today so check back in a week or so and see if anything is on sale.

Meydey posted:

Probably something in the ad but no blow your socks off loss leaders like other places. You do get a much better warranty and a dog and coke out the door.

I also very much enjoy the hassle-free delivery/install/haul-away, without dealing with a bunch of crap.

But will hold off and check back when the sales start, if Lowes or Best Buy blows my panties off then so be it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You know, since the dog/drink/refill is practically free, I think they should GIVE one away with a purchase of greater than X amount of dollars.

Shouldn't they?

When I go to Home Depot or whatever and buy thousands in materials for some project or another.... and they already have me as a frequent customer in their computer system at the contractor desk.... I always thought they should throw me a bottle of coke or something, while I wait for yet another big order to be fulfilled. But they don't.

So Costco should set the example.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

GORDON posted:

Costco profits are pretty much limited to their membership fees, they don’t make much off of sales.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
so many fats in the costco

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Yeah, the avocado and coconuts oils are choice.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GORDON posted:

You know, since the dog/drink/refill is practically free, I think they should GIVE one away with a purchase of greater than X amount of dollars.

Shouldn't they?

When I go to Home Depot or whatever and buy thousands in materials for some project or another.... and they already have me as a frequent customer in their computer system at the contractor desk.... I always thought they should throw me a bottle of coke or something, while I wait for yet another big order to be fulfilled. But they don't.

I don't know how to post this inline

https://gfycat.com/identicalfrayedcicada

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Just opened the second box of Costco garbage bags I've had since I moved into this apartment 3 years ago. I look forward to buying another box next year some time.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Meydey posted:

I'm Considering their battery operated lawnmower now for $399. My Troy Bilt is getting rusty.

I pulled the trigger on a battery-powered lawn mower last year (this one to be exact, not sure which one Costco offers) and it was well worth the price premium. Powerful as hell, battery runtime is good and they charge super quick, and I don't have to mess with gas or oil. Highly recommended.

Dr. Jim Sadler
Jan 6, 2006

No, the fact that -you- don't wanna wear a thong is because you're still afraid of 9/11!
Forgive me, for I have sinned. I've come to confess my lack of faith. I left my Costco card at home on a trip to Kauai, not realizing that the church provides even in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Thankfully, my wife's faith is stronger and using her card we were blessed with affordable groceries, alcohol and the cheapest gas on the island.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
In Kauai you should be eating plate lunch and acai bowls, poke, fruit from the stands, etc. Live a little and enjoy the place you you're at and support the community.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco is community.

Dr. Jim Sadler
Jan 6, 2006

No, the fact that -you- don't wanna wear a thong is because you're still afraid of 9/11!

Taima posted:

In Kauai you should be eating plate lunch and acai bowls, poke, fruit from the stands, etc. Live a little and enjoy the place you you're at and support the community.

Getting OT, we did try to eat at local places the couple times we went out, but we are a family of four with not a lot of money, so we have to eat in a lot out of necessity. We only managed to go to Hawaii because I churn credit cards for their bonus points and got the hotel and flights for free.

One random local guy at the Botanical Garden did ease my guilt slightly when he spoke up in favor of the church, and said that 14 years ago they were all against Costco coming there and now he doesn't know what he'd do without it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Blessings brother, the ‘stco does provide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just got my executive dividend - goddamn I spend a lot of money at Costco.