Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Siljmonster posted:

Nope, they added a lot more management and middle management. Also tons of analysts.

maybe they should try to focus more on hiring people that actually do things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

doctor 7 posted:

Is it ever explained why Rasputin brutally killed those dudes?

they werent a hot cyborg anime chick

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He read their minds Sherlock style and realized they would try to corrupt him

Hire me Bungie

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the final think before the game cuts to black is some dipshit new character going "WE GOT THIS" to no one over nothing like it was loving mass effect andromeda

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I beat the main campaign on Saturday and got to 342 on Sunday. Now just do it all again with the other two classes?

What's even the reason to play the expansions?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kater posted:

So I beat the main campaign on Saturday and got to 342 on Sunday. Now just do it all again with the other two classes?

Collect the guns, get your power level up so you can beat the end game activities, and do PvP.

The expansions add new guns, increase the max power level, and add new end game activities and maps for PvP

The campaign is bad and it will eventually be a selling point when it can be skipped.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bleck posted:

maybe they should try to focus more on hiring people that actually do things

*Sits backwards on a chair* gather round guardian let me tell you about capitalism, the true darkness

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

doctor 7 posted:

Is it ever explained why Rasputin brutally killed those dudes?

Yeah it was *checks notes* they touched his stuff.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

kater posted:

All the other stuff

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I have one spot in HOTDOG. Come on down.
Thanks! I still can't apply directly on the guild (ist full, comrade), but I'll at least get started looking into Discord so I can cry publicly or otherwise.
Edit: I'm in now - thanks.

Kachunkachunk fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 15, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The game decided that all my powerful engrams for the week would all roll in the same slots. So I have four different 353 handcannons and characters with a 353 armor piece each. Good game.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Hey thread, I have a couple of questions, some of which may be answered in the OP but I'm typing this during a cutscene:

Why can't I make 3 characters, given that there are 3 classes? Even TSW was good about that.

Should I buy any expansions, seeing as I seem to like tossing money at these B2P MMOs so long as they give me a vague justification to do pretty much the same thing with slightly new NPCs in slightly new places every few months (e.g. ESO, TSW)?

If so, will there be more or is the "season pass" just "buy these two for $5 off, more to come and you can buy those full price because we're Blizzard Activision, and nothing goes on sale ever?

e: Oh, and is this game fun with Goons, or should I continue to use this as a thing to do with my hands while I'm paying attention to my phone TTS-ing something I actually need to read? I mean, it's pretty, and I don't have to pay attention yet, and it was functionally free.

Polyseme fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 15, 2018

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Which clans have spots open? I'm in NA and will probably play once or twice a week

e - Applied to hotdog, it's full atm.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I'm also interested in getting into a clan. Finally getting into the expansion.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kater posted:

Fr0st-EE5, Wormhusk, Huckleberry and Sleeper Stimulant are all amazing exotics from this expansion. The Glory Pulse is apparently very good for PvP and PvE alike. There's a Horde mode now and PvP has ranks to grind. Lots of stuff to do.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Polyseme posted:

Why can't I make 3 characters, given that there are 3 classes? Even TSW was good about that.

You can totally make 3 characters, what are you talking about?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

You can totally make 3 characters, what are you talking about?

Hadn't logged out and back in yet. Looked like I could only make two.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Eej posted:

Fr0st-EE5, Wormhusk, Huckleberry and Sleeper Stimulant are all amazing exotics from this expansion. The Glory Pulse is apparently very good for PvP and PvE alike. There's a Horde mode now and PvP has ranks to grind. Lots of stuff to do.

Oh there's a horde mode now?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

So I decided to play one of my alts, and apparently the put minimum item levels on guns and gear now? I got a new hat from a story quest, it was level 21 required and I'm 20. It let me infuse it into one of my pieces of gear though, and now the game won't let me wear it and as a result everything is dropping 30 ilvls lower until I get to 21... Just lol, fire everyone at bungie except the combat and level designers.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Frustrated posted:

So I decided to play one of my alts, and apparently the put minimum item levels on guns and gear now? I got a new hat from a story quest, it was level 21 required and I'm 20. It let me infuse it into one of my pieces of gear though, and now the game won't let me wear it and as a result everything is dropping 30 ilvls lower until I get to 21... Just lol, fire everyone at bungie except the combat and level designers.

It's p easy to gain levels, I wouldn't sweat it too much until you start having to work with gear levels

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Frustrated posted:

gear having item levels huh

no video game has ever done that before

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

gear having item levels huh

no video game has ever done that before

... Gear having minimum levels was not a thing last time I played, sorry for being caught off guard by a pointless mechanic that is punishing for no reason.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Frustrated posted:

... Gear having minimum levels was not a thing last time I played, sorry for being caught off guard by a pointless mechanic that is punishing for no reason.

Even before the first expansion that was a thing, but it'd only come into play if you tried to put a 285+ thing on a new character so you likely wouldn't have run into it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"ржунимагу, смертность смехотворна"

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

TIME (one of the Overchill clans) currently only has 3 open slots left in it but I'm in the process of running a d2checklist query against it for actives and I'm going to purge anyone that hasn't got any weekly activity stuff listed against them so that we can start bringing more people into it. If I purge you accidentally because the system isn't updating properly just re-apply for it and as long as I can easily find your name in Discord I'll get you back in right away.

Also, I'm an Aussie so sometimes there'll be longish delays with your applications being approved as I'm asleep or at work during US primetime.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Frustrated posted:

It was like that in release and in CoO.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Gear having levels on top of light being a thing is and has always been dumb as poo poo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Characters having levels on top of light being a thing is and has always been dumb as poo poo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:agreed: that levels are so meaningless, they just should not be in the game.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I suppose they wanted player levels to wall off skill unlocks and light levels to wall off gear progression. But you could honestly do without the player levels by just tying skill unlocks to story missions or even just putting an experience bar in place like you do now and granting a new skill every time it fills.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

:agreed: that levels are so meaningless, they just should not be in the game.

They pretty much only limit your storyline progress (ie. can't just rush through story missions start to finish without getting some character levels from public events, optional missions or PvP) and what weapon you can hand down to alts. I don't see the point either.

Oh yeah they unlock new skills, but since you need(ed?) to do the side missions to get enough points for all skills, you could easily do the same with the early points coming from levelups.

orcane fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 15, 2018

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

orcane posted:

They pretty much only limit your storyline progress (ie. can't just rush through story missions start to finish without getting some character levels from public events, optional missions or PvP) and what weapon you can hand down to alts. I don't see the point either.

Which is some real dumb game time padding, though it actually doesn't even extend that by much so I dunno. Just :lol: at forcing you to go run PEs during the warmind campaign because you're too low level for the next Mission.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

lol boy you probably gonna hate this expansion

This expansion delivers fully in the "shooting hive in the face" department.
10/10 nerf fusion rifles

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Frustrated posted:

It has absolutely been a thing since the launch of the game, and it was a thing in Destiny 1 too. All items that are 335+ require level 26+ and it's basically there to gate you from outscoring stuff in a way that doesn't really matter since it caps your advantages over the enemy anyway. It's PRETTY pointless imo but it's been there since hte launch of destiny so you either don't pay attention or always got gear you could always equip.

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah it was *checks notes* they touched his stuff.

Between Rasputin generally not liking visitors and the Fallen crawling all over the cosmodrome, it's this. Old bastard really, really doesn't like visitors, and he lives in secret military bunkers equipped with guns and lasers and space weapons. Most of his bunkers should have a "Trespassers will be shot with orbital death from above" signs. He killed the Iron Lords with Siva for poking around in his bunkers in the plague lands looking for the stuff. Rasputin is the reason that only Saladin and Efrideet are still kicking. He can kill guardians without trying.

Oh, and he pretty much threatened to kneecap the traveler if it tried to run when the darkness showed up.

This expansion is all over the place with story stuff and while it's not quite as infuriatingly wrong as Titan is, it's not far off. Pushes my goddamned autism buttons like a motherfucker, especially loving everything. (and never mind how little it does the game from a gameplay perspective).

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Fathis Munk posted:

Which is some real dumb game time padding, though it actually doesn't even extend that by much so I dunno. Just :lol: at forcing you to go run PEs during the warmind campaign because you're too low level for the next Mission.

fwiw Crucible will level your poo poo up real fast

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
So will PEs, just do your Flashpoint.

But that's makes it even weirder to me. If it is so fast, why even make us do it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I guarantee you that there would be a sizable vocal contingent of players who would flip the gently caress out about another RPG mechanic being removed from the game

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It's also probably some kind of hold over to prevent abuse with duplicate characterrs/classes

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SpookyLizard posted:

He killed the Iron Lords with Siva for poking around in his bunkers in the plague lands looking for the stuff. Rasputin is the reason that only Saladin and Efrideet are still kicking. He can kill guardians without trying.

He used "Regular" weapons, to try and stop them getting to Siva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I haven’t touched this turdfire since curse of Osiris. Is the new thing better?

• Locked thread