Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Okada vs The Rock at ALL IN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who wants to sell me an all in ticket i wasnt expecting the quick sell out

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Saw Jordan Devlin and Sean Maxer Guinness vs. Shane Strickland and Keith Lee at OTT contenders last night. Keith gave the 'I'm leaving without actually saying I'm leaving' last night promo, and said he was going to miss Shane and he loved him, then he drank a toast. So you know. There you go.

Scrappermania on OTTondemand is worth the price of the rental also.

Will Ospreay/Matt Riddle was excellent, Minoru Suzuki Keith Lee was fun, Jordan Devlin/ZSJ was good (although the crowd was tired by that point), and there was a pretty crazy 6 man match with Shane Strickland/David Starr/LJ Clery vs. Mark Haskins/Scotty Davis/Tyler Bate. Whichever 3 man team won was immediately in a 3 way dance, and whoever won that got a MITB briefcase, essentially.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SalTheBard posted:

Is there any chance they do Young Bucks vs. Golden Lovers 2 as the main event?

they haven't announced ibushi yet and it seems likely they would have if he was going to do the show

but if ibushi is on board it would make sense for them to do bucks/lovers ii with the bucks going over to set up the rubber match back in new japan at some point further down the line

a lot will probably depend on if kenny has the iwgp heavyweight title at the time, in which case they'd probably want to have him in a singles match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenny/Mysterio is probably the most interesting match up they could do with who's announced. They don't need to worry about making sure the matches are big draws so they can focus on making the show as good as possible but I still think that'd be a top quality match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gut feeling is that Rey is definitely doing a tag but it will be interesting if not!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They leaked the card on Being The Elite

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/995757888059691015

It is a rather lean line up seemingly. No four ways or eight man tags.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grozz Nuy posted:

they haven't announced ibushi yet and it seems likely they would have if he was going to do the show

but if ibushi is on board it would make sense for them to do bucks/lovers ii with the bucks going over to set up the rubber match back in new japan at some point further down the line

a lot will probably depend on if kenny has the iwgp heavyweight title at the time, in which case they'd probably want to have him in a singles match

I doubt any match on the card will have NJPW implications, especially considering how badly ROH bungled the Kenny/Cody match and New Japan just basically ignored it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FalconX9K/status/995874579884064769

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/995793600062554113

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I doubt any match on the card will have NJPW implications, especially considering how badly ROH bungled the Kenny/Cody match and New Japan just basically ignored it.

They pretty clearly aren't ignoring it, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. They just main evented a show with Cody/Kota and Kenny/Hangman.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MLW TV is on Youtube now - with healthy geoblocking:

https://www.youtube.com/user/majorleaguewrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/995586782476492800

https://twitter.com/HTizzle/status/995572673907380224

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Did he ever get over his HIV

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kenny/Mysterio is probably the most interesting match up they could do with who's announced. They don't need to worry about making sure the matches are big draws so they can focus on making the show as good as possible but I still think that'd be a top quality match.

kenny doesn’t have a lucha background though so maybe not the most interesting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mob posted:

Did he ever get over his HIV

He swears up and down that's a crazy lie someone made up.

I like to think he bitchslapped HIV and it went on to do something more famous.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Super No Vacancy posted:

kenny doesn’t have a lucha background though so maybe not the most interesting
Yes, a lucha background is definitely required to have a good match with Rey Mysterio.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

frankenfreak posted:

Yes, a lucha background is definitely required to have a good match with Rey Mysterio.

noted luchador Dave Bautista

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Give me Mysterio/Fenix please and thank you

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

They pretty clearly aren't ignoring it, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. They just main evented a show with Cody/Kota and Kenny/Hangman.

They basically ignored the ROH match, not the feud. If something important to NJPW storylines is going to happen, it will be on a New Japan show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

is that what i said?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They basically ignored the ROH match, not the feud. If something important to NJPW storylines is going to happen, it will be on a New Japan show.

they showed the entire ROH match on their domestic television.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its gonna be okada vs rey

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Suplex Liberace posted:

its gonna be okada vs rey

Perfect Rainmaker defense: being too short of the lariat to connect.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I took my brother to ROH the other night and now he's interested in going to more wrestling, which I'm down to bring him to. I'm looking at some shows coming up in Toronto from 'Smash Wrestling' such as a tournament - it has a few names I recognize like Tyson Dux, Joey Mercury, Joey Janela, and Joe Hendry... are their shows any good, does anyone know? Anything about the promotion I should know like creepy bookers or anything like that?

Toronto also has "Superkickd" which I've never been to but seems to be nobody I've ever heard of, not that that's bad or anything

I guess I am just open to some wrestling suggestions in Toronto/area ?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

I took my brother to ROH the other night and now he's interested in going to more wrestling, which I'm down to bring him to. I'm looking at some shows coming up in Toronto from 'Smash Wrestling' such as a tournament - it has a few names I recognize like Tyson Dux, Joey Mercury, Joey Janela, and Joe Hendry... are their shows any good, does anyone know? Anything about the promotion I should know like creepy bookers or anything like that?

Toronto also has "Superkickd" which I've never been to but seems to be nobody I've ever heard of, not that that's bad or anything

I guess I am just open to some wrestling suggestions in Toronto/area ?

Smash is a pretty good indy, and sometimes for bigger shows they get bigger indy names than even the ones you mentioned, like Zack Sabre Jr. You should absolutely go.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New Being The Elite with Bucks and Cody reacting to the sell-out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QosQNUqgblw

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
SMASH is good people. Go.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

New Being The Elite with Bucks and Cody reacting to the sell-out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QosQNUqgblw

That's awesome

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dont give superkickd money.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

i don't mean he'd be defending the iwgp belt, to be clear, just that they'd probably prefer to have him in singles competition if he's got the biggest belt in the world at the time

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

thanks for the info / good words about SMASH guys

STONE COLD 64 posted:

dont give superkickd money.

why?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/996437769013616640

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hope Colt has his will prepared

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Colt is afraid of the guy who lost to Stokely Hathaway what a loser.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PCOQuebecer/status/996476046252937216

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Don’t post weird fetish stuff to this thread !!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

:eyepop: <--- Actually me right now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know what the gently caress PCO has been doing the last 20 years but the last thing I expected in 2018 was to be absolutely terrified of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't know what the gently caress PCO has been doing the last 20 years but the last thing I expected in 2018 was to be absolutely terrified of him.

eyeing up the competition