Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Do you get the bug where the game keeps forgetting you have arms bearer and de-equipping your extra weapon sets

I have Eder using the armor that grants an extra weapon set and it is constantly being unequipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Do you get the bug where the game keeps forgetting you have arms bearer and de-equipping your extra weapon sets

Yeah, not sure why it happens. Pretty sure it happens every time I level up but I think it has happened more times than that too. Now I just check my inventory every time I open the game or enter a dungeon.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So for us complainers about dispositions, these are apparently the mechanics?

Minor/Medium/Major changes are 4 / 4 / 8, with thresholds at 4 / 12 / 25 / 45. Given the number of disposition tags in the game, this seems too high on the accrual side and way too low on the threshold side.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's hard to believe the disposition issues are intentional, but then most other broken things seem to have gotten comments from rope kid or other devs at this point. So maybe it's intended and just a really bad idea

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why are minor and medium the same, I wonder.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

lurksion posted:

So for us complainers about dispositions, these are apparently the mechanics?

Minor/Medium/Major changes are 4 / 4 / 8, with thresholds at 4 / 12 / 25 / 45. Given the number of disposition tags in the game, this seems too high on the accrual side and way too low on the threshold side.

Yeah that 4/4/8 looks like a bug, and I agree the threshold scale is low considering how much stuff is marked as a disposition in the game.

e: I'd love a mod for a disposition choice to cancel out half of the opposing disposition. Like doing Benevolent would add +4, and then -2 to Cruel.

Scorchy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 15, 2018

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

yes but those are lame for lame-os

excuse me my wizard wielding Modwyr in one hand and the Scepter of Wael in the other is very cool and strong :colbert:

(also, as far as I can tell, Modwyr's elemental lash effect applies to my scepter attacks (I dunno where else that fire damage in the combat log would be coming from) - feels unintended but is nice so nobody tell rope kid)

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Ravenfood posted:

The best one so far seems to be reforging the Whispers of Yenwood and Blade of the Endless Paths together, but that's reliant on not having an import bug.

Which bug?

I imported my PoE1 game but haven’t seen either item.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Faction choices + companions question:

Is it possible to ally with VTC and keep Maia in the party?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

alcaras posted:

I imported my PoE1 game but haven’t seen either item.

Yea that's the bug.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How much money do I need to comfortable buy a new ship and which is a good one to buy? I've saved up about 95k ducats.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Zore posted:

Its in one of those searchable villages on the island, not in an actual encounter zone.

What am I missing? (re: soulbound arquebus on Motare o Kozi)

(map image spoilered)

This is the right island right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

marshmallow creep posted:

Hm, I wonder if I already did something wrong, because when I bring up a peaceful resolution, she basically says "Too late, come back when you got the stones to kill them all."

I'm not sure if this is an intended path, but here's how, to the best of my memory, I got a peaceful resolution to the feuding families quest:

1. Stop the duel between Larro and Orso.
2. Go to the Bardatto house, get the quest to discover the plot by talking to Ziti Valera.
3. Talk to Ziti, get him to mention Persa.
4. Go to the Hole in the Gullet, find eavesdrop on Persa but do not get close enough to trigger a confrontation.
5. Go back to the Bardatto house, tell whatshername the mom about the plot (YOU ARE HERE.)
6. She wants to just let them rob her and trap them, and if you ask her about diplomacy she tells you to come back when you have the nerve. I THINK that at this point I asked her about diplomacy again (maybe there was a skill check in there?) and she said "GOD, fine, if you can bring him to the table." - or maybe she'd said that earlier while exhausting skill trees? Either way, I got the idea to:
7. Go to the Valera estate, talk to the dad, DON'T tip him off that she knows about his plot but DO ask him what his goddamn problem is and eventually the dialogue will bring up an option about peace talks. It may take another skill check but you can convince him to come to the table, at which point you have to:
8. Go BACK to the Bardatto estate (lucky it's right next door I guess?), tell mom that Valera has agreed to peace talks, this'll bring everyone into the same room and start a rather involved dialogue that can result in a peaceful resolution (or, possibly, in a lot of blood).
9. If you do get a peaceful outcome to the summit, don't forget to go back and talk to both heads of household afterwards to get your item rewards. I think one is a unique sword (Duskfall) and the other is a unique mace (Bardatto Luxury).

alcaras posted:

That is the right island. The arquebus is in the burial site that would have been on the southwest tip of the island when you landed. If the site is gone then you should already have the arquebus in your stash (unless you sold it by accident): it is, far as I can tell, guaranteed to come up as a result searching that site.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 15, 2018

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alcaras posted:

(map image spoilered)

Yeah. Check your inventory? You may have gotten it without realizing.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Hmm. Time to check all the rice farms to see if I sold it to one of them... I'm surprised I wouldn't have noticed it :-/

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Thank you whoever suggested putting all those super quick cast wizard self buffs into an ai set with their timers.

Total cast time for all 3 is .9 seconds with 0.0 cool down. Faster than I could ever do it. It's almost like chain contingency from BG2.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alcaras posted:

Hmm. Time to check all the rice farms to see if I sold it to one of them... I'm surprised I wouldn't have noticed it :-/

Yeah, the annoying thing with Soulbound weapons is they have white borders like normal items so it can be easy to just sell them.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

cheesetriangles posted:

How much money do I need to comfortable buy a new ship and which is a good one to buy? I've saved up about 95k ducats.

Cash-wise you should be totally fine.

Sloop -> Dhow -> Galleon -> Junk seems to be a pretty straightforward step-by-step increase in firepower and durability, at the cost of maneuverability and requiring a larger crew. Voyager(?) is the odd one out in that it has cannons on the front and rear instead of the sides. I don't know where it falls on the agile/sturdy scale, though.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Zore posted:

Yeah, the annoying thing with Soulbound weapons is they have white borders like normal items so it can be easy to just sell them.

Oh Eothas, it's not even gold? :-(

Checked three rice farms and some other vendors I mostly used before I discovered rice farms... and no soulbound arquebus (Blightheart is that name of what I'm looking for, right?) :-/

Welp, can't find it and not going to run to every single merchant I might have possibly accidentally sold it to :(

Loaded up an old save and went back to that Burial point, and sure enough, it's there, but by golly, that isn't particularly distinctive (nor is the sell value high):

Thanks for all the help debugging this -- perhaps if I stumble across whichever merchant I sold it to ... we'll be reunited. Not sure why Soulbound weapons are even sellable :-/

alcaras fucked around with this message at 07:40 on May 15, 2018

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Any way to permanently remove a hired companion? In POE1 you could do it through the party window in your base if I remember correctly.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

I'm trying to play a do-gooder that solves things through words when possible, but then accidentally explore through the wrong backdoor and having to perform genocide cuz I missed the NPC that actually puts me on a mission to RPG my way through those areas. :(

There's a way around this, go into stealth and shimmy across the rope, head north on that bridge until you see a pirate, then come out of stealth and he should engage you in dialogue, with a bluff of 4(?) You can say you want to talk to their Captain and prevent the entire area from going hostile.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's hard to believe the disposition issues are intentional, but then most other broken things seem to have gotten comments from rope kid or other devs at this point. So maybe it's intended and just a really bad idea

Rope kid has commented on companion interactions/reactions firing immediately at least, they're looking into it.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Riversideblues posted:

Any way to permanently remove a hired companion? In POE1 you could do it through the party window in your base if I remember correctly.
Ha, I've been murdering the custom hirelings I experimented on and no longer want hanging around.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Oh poo poo Soulbound weapons have no sign that they're special? I have none yet, and now I'm not sure if I found one and sold it.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Adnor posted:

Oh poo poo Soulbound weapons have no sign that they're special? I have none yet, and now I'm not sure if I found one and sold it.

They have a white background in your inventory instead of the normal blue, yellow, or none.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Adnor posted:

They have the same different background colour in the Stash/Inventory UI and they tell you when they examine them.

Dan Didio posted:

gently caress. I've just lost a few hours of play because of what seems like a pretty big bug?

If you complete Shadow under Neketaka but have already pissed off the Wahiki in the process of completing Aloth's quest, the next quest tells you to go tell the Queen you can't recruit them to her cause, but there's no dialogue option with her.

Has anyone figured out a fix to this? 'Fruitful Alliance' spoilers.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Having the biggest case of analysis paralysis and can't figure out what to play. Should I go for a pure wizard, a multiclass berserker/wizard or monk/wizard... Or priest of eothas/fury druid? All of them sound fun. I'd usually just play a wizard but I've heard it's a bit slow to play with long cast times...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am stuck at the last fight
I get that guardian down to low health, it falls down as if stunned but I am unable to keep attacking it, then two titans show up and attack me while the dragon gains full health in 30 seconds or so. I'm level 19 so it shouldn't be an issue.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

General Emergency posted:

Having the biggest case of analysis paralysis and can't figure out what to play. Should I go for a pure wizard, a multiclass berserker/wizard or monk/wizard... Or priest of eothas/fury druid? All of them sound fun. I'd usually just play a wizard but I've heard it's a bit slow to play with long cast times...
The game becomes very easy after a while, so you'll be fine playing whatever in the long run.
That said, I'm not sure about the Monk/Wizard in general because melee Wizards are primarily good at not taking damage, which means no Wounds. But you could go Shattered Pillar, of course. Or Nalpazca, but while it's broken and overpowered when on drugs it's not something I'd recommend for a first playthrough because you need drugs to be viable and money can be tight in Deadfire depending in how you approach the game.
I generally wouldn't multiclass Priests and Druids (Shifters being the obvious exception), especially not together, because the spells of both classes take a while to cast with few short casting time options. And you want to spend time spiritshifted as well. It's just an inefficient build. Furies especially don't multiclass well. e: That is, in my limited experience from playing Furies a few times in the beta. Essentially, the problem with multiclassing them is that damage spells depend on Power Level more than other spells and multiclass characters gain Power Levels slower.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 15, 2018

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For those who want to see what the two special ships look like.

The submarine you get from supporting the Royal Deadfire Company: https://imgur.com/a/S4Mrcez

The ghostship you get from supporting Príncipi sen Patrena: https://imgur.com/a/vMAB6So

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

alcaras posted:

Faction choices + companions question:

Is it possible to ally with VTC and keep Maia in the party?
I'd like to know the answer to this myself. I like Maia, even started the relationship thing, but I'm leaning towards the Vallians right now. It's going to suck if she has to leave the party but I'll deal with it if there is no other choice.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

They have the same different background colour in the Stash/Inventory UI and they tell you when they examine them.

Has anyone figured out a fix to this? 'Fruitful Alliance' spoilers.

I encountered a similar problem Aldeys becomes non-interactable if you do a plot mission before going back to see her a second time, and the only solution I found was to reload an earlier save. Sorry :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I encountered a similar problem Aldeys becomes non-interactable if you do a plot mission before going back to see her a second time, and the only solution I found was to reload an earlier save. Sorry :(

Yeah, reloading an earlier save isn't really an option for me. Wish I'd known these two quests would bug out this way if I did them like this. I guess I'll just have to hope someone else wants to offer me some jobs!

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, reloading an earlier save isn't really an option for me.
I'd recommend making it a habit to never overwrite your save files.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Oasx posted:

I am stuck at the last fight
I get that guardian down to low health, it falls down as if stunned but I am unable to keep attacking it, then two titans show up and attack me while the dragon gains full health in 30 seconds or so. I'm level 19 so it shouldn't be an issue.

That's intended

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Inverness posted:

I'd recommend making it a habit to never overwrite your save files.

I don't, it's just the last save I made before doing the thing that's caused the bug is like fifteen hours ago.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oasx posted:

The submarine you get from supporting the Royal Deadfire Company: https://imgur.com/a/S4Mrcez

Welp, nice knowing you Pallegina.

Does it give any bonuses in ship combat?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

I don't, it's just the last save I made before doing the thing that's caused the bug is like fifteen hours ago.
:stare:

Addendum: save every 20 minutes and never overwrite your saves.

Edit: Oh I'm dumb, I see what you meant now. Well hopefully if you report the issue it can be in a beta patch soon enough.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 15, 2018

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012

Adnor posted:

So far I've playing with a Fighter/Rogue gunslinger build with 4 sets of pistols, but my main character is completely useless against skeletons. I have that unique blunderbuss that it's like a mortar so it does damage besides piercing, so I equip that as a main gun and a sabre for backup when I know I'm going to fight skeleton, but is there any unique pistol that does damage besides piercing?

There's this Rogue skill, Deep Wounds, that converts % of your damage to raw damage. Would that work, or it would still be 0 because 20% of 0 is 0?

As far as rogue skills for bypassing damage immunities go, get the gouging strike upgrade for the blinding strike skill. The raw damage bleed from that lasts until the end of combat, so it's great for cheesing enemies that have annoying immunities or are too tough for you to handle. That and a longbow are my go to solution to the sigil traps, since they can't do anything about being tagged with that from outside of their range. The brand enemy skill in the paladin tree is similar, but it does burn instead of raw, so things can actually resist it sometimes.

They work on bosses too, when I got to the giant grub I was seriously underleveled/geared due to beelining for Modwyr. So I ended up killing it by leaving the rest of the party in stealth mode outside the boss chamber and sending Eder and a generic mercenary paladin in on a suicide mission to gouging strike and brand enemy the thing and turned combat speed to max until the annoying thing slowly bled and burned to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Welp, nice knowing you Pallegina.

Does it give any bonuses in ship combat?

One downside is that it can't be upgraded (because it's a submarine, not a ship), but I think it's base stats are pretty good? I never actually used it in ship combat.