Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At least paint the BACK of the cardboard. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfiOUhBa3uU
WWE Raw 5/14/18: Roman Reigns spears Jinder Mahal through the wall

Oh my god did they make an intern's 10 year old child put up that wall?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I love how that sign is pointing to catering and locker rooms so Roman actually helped.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

RealFoxy posted:

There was a brief, brief time where Hero looked like he could have actually been that guy but his thyroid problems inflated him like a balloon and now he's never going to be a mainstay on the roster. He came in too early for the NXT revolution, then came back late enough that he's a better player-coach for the roster and will probably end up in a Regal or Sara Del Rey type roll.

Fat angry Chris Hero is the best Chris Hero, honestly. I'm hoping he at least gets a dark match at Takeover Chicago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

I love how that sign is pointing to catering and locker rooms so Roman actually helped.

Roman is a hungry man and he wasn't letting no wall get in his way.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Roman is a hungry man and he wasn't letting no wall get in his way.

Roman reigns being an always hungry hobo who keeps screaming about the man holding him down and muttering about large dogs would be a good character shift

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Brieeeee mooooode

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please tape more Raws

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Speaking of taping, advertised for SD is Styles/Nakamura nontitle, winner chooses stipulation for their title match

Congrats Nakamura for getting your only win of the feud

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Meltz on Nia v Ronda can be summarised as "... why wasnt it Asuka?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chris James 2 posted:

Speaking of taping, advertised for SD is Styles/Nakamura nontitle, winner chooses stipulation for their title match

Can’t believe Nakamura is going to get Buried Alive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Styles wins, asks for a,"Please stop punching me on the dick" match. After hurried consulting, Paige and Shane inform him this isn't possible.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

Styles wins, asks for a,"Please stop punching me on the dick" match. After hurried consulting, Paige and Shane inform him this isn't possible.

Cup on a pole match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

There was a brief, brief time where Hero looked like he could have actually been that guy but his thyroid problems inflated him like a balloon and now he's never going to be a mainstay on the roster. He came in too early for the NXT revolution, then came back late enough that he's a better player-coach for the roster and will probably end up in a Regal or Sara Del Rey type roll.

Which is funny because didn't he get heat in his first NXT run for kinda acting like a coach and just answering questions if guys had them, because he had over a decade experience and was well regarded as a guy who knew what he was talking about?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

forkboy84 posted:

Which is funny because didn't he get heat in his first NXT run for kinda acting like a coach and just answering questions if guys had them, because he had over a decade experience and was well regarded as a guy who knew what he was talking about?

To this day the only evidence that needs to be pointed to that now is nowhere near as bad as the dire 2005-2008 era is that they made Armando Estrada stop using his introduction as Umaga's manager because he got over with it. It was a time when if you got over and you weren't supposed to you would be punished much much harder than even today would. There's so much mid 2000 WWE talent that was just misused to an insane extent. That Cena was on top during that period was responsible for a lot of the hatred for Cena, because there was so much other good stuff that was being buried underneathe. It did lead to the biggest rise of RoH though under Bryan Danielson (started by Samoa Joe's reignbut i digress) which a direct line can be drawn with to todays product.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Almas is the greatest and they should make him champion at MITB after he low blows Styles and Nakamura simultaneously.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Not to say that era had all good stuff that was misused. loving The Highlanders and Cade/Murdoch and Murdoch's Worlds Fattest Yoshi Tonic.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

The fact the corridor behind it was there was bad enough, but leaving the sign up made it even clearer it was put up for the spot in the cheapest way possible.

:lol:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can't believe that the UK was cheering for a brown person. Roman is the best heel.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m happy I missed Raw :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I had RAW on as background noise while setting up another modded-as-gently caress Skyrim run and remember nothing from all three hours save Roman being booed and Jinder being cheered during the opening segment.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo why would Roman spear Jinder into a secret corridor.

How embarrassing is this show

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Alan_Shore posted:

The corridor led to hogwarts

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Alan_Shore posted:

How embarrassing is this show

The best part is when you realise the spot would've looked more dangerous and impressive if the cardboard wasn't there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CobiWann posted:

I had RAW on as background noise while setting up another modded-as-gently caress Skyrim run and remember nothing from all three hours save Roman being booed and Jinder being cheered during the opening segment.

That Rollins Owens match was pretty good

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just saw a Toyota Camry commercial set to John Cena's "My Time Is Now".

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

the fashion police

It's insane how many good tag teams WWE has considering they seem to not give an ounce of poo poo about tag teams and regularly feed them to their big guys

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lid posted:

She's on Smackdown Dave, you idiot!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nia Jax is awful in every way that isnt being cousin of the rock and i hope she doesnt injury Rhondha Rhoushey

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

The fact the corridor behind it was there was bad enough, but leaving the sign up made it even clearer it was put up for the spot in the cheapest way possible.

I'd like to see this clip with the zelda *secret found* melody playing.

Billzasilver posted:

Oh my god did they make an intern's 10 year old child put up that wall?

Hey you jerk, Nicholas and Izzy worked VERY hard on that :mad:

Lid posted:

Wasn't the endearing part of Ronda's intro all about how she didn't want an unearned title shot?

achillesforever6 posted:

That Rollins Owens match was pretty good

Rollins needs an "it's all downhill after me" shirt after the past month or so.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The Smackdown/Raw split is extra annoying to me because that split in resources would be way, way better served having a dedicated diva event or tag team event rather than stapling those onto The Stuff Vince Actually Wants To See.

Instead we have two arbitrarily split rosters for....reasons?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Lid posted:

The best part is when you realise the spot would've looked more dangerous and impressive if the cardboard wasn't there.

Yeah, a quick spear at an intersection would have looked real good, but anything is an improvement over something that fake looking.

I still think Bryan trying to move Cass' hand to break the hold is the gif of the year, but Roman spearing Jinder through super fake cardboard is probably the gif that best sums up the mistakes the company is making right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Wasn't the endearing part of Ronda's intro all about how she didn't want an unearned title shot?

That's what this whole awfully acted setup was.

Ronda said there's others ahead of her who deserve it but Nia insisted because it's her call to choose her opponent.

Neurolimal posted:

The Smackdown/Raw split is extra annoying to me because that split in resources would be way, way better served having a dedicated diva event or tag team event rather than stapling those onto The Stuff Vince Actually Wants To See.

Instead we have two arbitrarily split rosters for....reasons?

USA wants a women's division on both shows.

(Also putting them on one wouldn't give more time, it would just mean more unused people.)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since the Braun experiment is over, they just gotta replicate what they did with him on Jinder. I cant wait to see Jinder's prop related comeback next week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I hope Ronda's gimmick is we keep getting convinced she'll have the worst match of the night and she keeps having the best one. Like somehow she has a match with Dana Brooke and it's macho man vs ricki steamboat levels and noone can explain why.

Aphrodite posted:

That's what this whole awfully acted setup was.

Ronda said there's others ahead of her who deserve it but Nia insisted because it's her call to choose her opponent.

Actually I kinda take back what I said, Ronda might be the #1 contender cause I can't think of a RAW woman that doesn't seem like a gigantic loser. I read "there's others ahead of her" and my reply is "YEAH! Like.......... umm........... Naomi? No wait..."

Guess it's up to Ember Moon to save the division.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh yeah the funniest part about that Ronda vs Nia announcement is a bunch of the female talent were told to tweet out how excited they were for the match. And then Sasha liked these tweets:

Even though she's 100% right, this is probably why she'll never sniff another title again.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

(Also putting them on one wouldn't give more time, it would just mean more unused people.)

Do the two shows usually give divas half the runtime each? If so then fair enough I suppose.

It's just frustrating because they have so much good womens talent but they dont have a sort of unifying showrunner like HHH to NXT to write competent storylines and good matchups. It seems like they just get WWE's b-team of writers.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah the funniest part about that Ronda vs Nia announcement is a bunch of the female talent were told to tweet out how excited they were for the match. And then Sasha liked these tweets:

Even though she's 100% right, this is probably why she'll never sniff another title again.

Swerve, Sasha and Sami win the first intergender tag titles.

Neurolimal posted:

It's just frustrating because they have so much good womens talent but they dont have a sort of unifying showrunner like HHH to NXT to write competent storylines and good matchups. It seems like they just get WWE's b-team of writers.

I'm sure they have 100% of their female writers working on that division

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Actually I kinda take back what I said, Ronda might be the #1 contender cause I can't think of a RAW woman that doesn't seem like a gigantic loser. I read "there's others ahead of her" and my reply is "YEAH! Like.......... umm........... Naomi? No wait..."

Guess it's up to Ember Moon to save the division.

She actually specifically said others who have been around longer. So she was just going for time served. Smart play.

Literally the only other woman on Raw arguably ahead of her in contendership is Alexa and she just lost her rematch. Maybe Ember since she was a win over Alexa, but it was a tag match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I guess having Rousey distracts from having no Brock. I imagine Brock hasn't seen one other human besides his wife since enduring that GRR trip.

Now we gotta ask ourselves the hard question: Which one of The Rock's cousins is main eventing MITB?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 15, 2018

• Locked thread