Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They got rid of 16's hard knockdown anywhere, anytime combo ender which is a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Chaotic Flame posted:

Really? I can't say for 16 but all they did for Gohan was make him function like everyone else in terms of scaling and make heavy legs not crazy. Doesn't seem too severe to me. I was expecting something like gating moves behind powerups honestly but ArcSys isn't known for mid-version patching, so I'm sure we won't see big changes until Rev Zrd or whatever.

"Function like everyone else" is a pretty big nerf in this game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Cell and Goku Black escaped almost completely unscathed.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Kongming posted:

"Function like everyone else" is a pretty big nerf in this game.

I mean, sure but it makes him not a mistake. It clearly wasn't intentional that he was getting M damage off L attacks so I don't consider it a nerf so much as a correction.

Also stealth Krillin buff. You can control when he'll throw a bean now.

I do think with Cell, Kid Buu, Black not really being touched and no substantial buffs for other characters, they'll be the new tops along with Bardock.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 7, 2018

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I guess cell, kid buu and Goku Black will be solidly top tier now? agohan should still be viable, dunno how good vegeta assist will be after the nerf. Depends on if the duration and hitstun of his assist were tweaked or if it's really just blockstun.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 7, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sonicfox was vindicated.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
lol that cell isn't touched whIle weak baby characters get nothing

welcome to the cell games. you were already wrong for not playing cell before but at this point you're actively throwing the game when you pass him up on character select

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
can't nerf a perfect being

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

lol that cell isn't touched whIle weak baby characters get nothing

welcome to the cell games. you were already wrong for not playing cell before but at this point you're actively throwing the game when you pass him up on character select

I was really hopin for more Frieza buffs than a tweak to his 2H hitbox, bah.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm not too broken up about cell because unbalanced characters is a team fighting game tradition at this point but I'd love to see cell's character design document.

"Goku will be our ryu analogue, vegeta will be our ken, a16 is the grappler, and cell can do literally everything that everyone else does, better. Give him a response to every situation, he's perfect drat it"

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
don't worry guys cross tag battle is here in a few weeks to save fighting games

In Training posted:

They got rid of 16's hard knockdown anywhere, anytime combo ender which is a bummer.

removing this (or giving it to every single character) is the #1 thing I wanted from this patch. 16 straight up broke the "rules" of the game by being able to get knockdowns you can't tech from without using level 3 because that's something nobody else has but everyone wants.

Chaotic Flame posted:

ArcSys isn't known for mid-version patching, so I'm sure we won't see big changes until Rev Zrd or whatever.

they just put out a free gg patch that heavily changed how large parts of the roster play two months ago

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's hosed up that cross battle didn't put kanji in the base roster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

removing this (or giving it to every single character) is the #1 thing I wanted from this patch. 16 straight up broke the "rules" of the game by being able to get knockdowns you can't tech from without using level 3 because that's something nobody else has but everyone wants.

Agreed but I would have liked to see 1 meter knockdowns become widespread instead of not existing, although at that point I'm just wishing for a game that they're not making. So I'll just continue to not play it I suppose

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

darealkooky posted:

they just put out a free gg patch that heavily changed how large parts of the roster play two months ago

Oh, maybe they're changing their ways. The BBs and even SIGN maybe I don't recall getting any substantial balancing between versions but maybe I'm misremembering.

Also

https://twitter.com/Shotgundam009/status/993520720150974470?s=19

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Chaotic Flame posted:

Oh, maybe they're changing their ways. The BBs and even SIGN maybe I don't recall getting any substantial balancing between versions but maybe I'm misremembering.

Also

https://twitter.com/Shotgundam009/status/993520720150974470?s=19

yeah you're misremembering

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Some of Xrd's patches had major changes like Sign 1.10 and Revelator 1.03. These patches were the ones they did location tests for.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Zand posted:

yeah you're misremembering

I thought sign and rev had parity for awhile after rev came out. Back in the dark ages where like 10 people were still playing sign on PC post-rev

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Welp time to replace 16 with Barduck

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
This is obviously not a real balance patch considering there's like 3 things they changed that aren't bugs/unintended or just for the sake of normalizing things.

Also Goku Black is still worse than SSJ Goku, he doesn't need nerfs.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Was that a nerf? Saying it no longer "locks on" to a knocked out opponent just means it doesn't play the cinematic if you kill with it, right?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Also Goku Black is still worse than SSJ Goku, he doesn't need nerfs.

Explain. Is it just "Gets sliding knockdown meterless from anywhere," or is there more that makes you say SSJ's better?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Angled beams, air beams, better ki blasts, higher meterless and metered solo damage midscreen and out of corner and in and out of sparking (outside of silly super-situational super loops), better 2m/5m/jM, better vanish conversions, consistent meterless sliding knockdown.

Black is the week 1 low effort scrub killer because bad players run into 5h and 2h and can't react to/punish teleport or his command grab. He has more "tools" but they're basically useless. Against better players you will get more mileage out of SSJ Goku.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 7, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pretty much my exact reaction.

Why would you nerf perfection :smug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Agreed but I would have liked to see 1 meter knockdowns become widespread instead of not existing, although at that point I'm just wishing for a game that they're not making. So I'll just continue to not play it I suppose

Yeah :sigh:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kongming posted:

Android 16 and A. Gohan seemed to have gotten hit pretty hard, though.

Gohan nerfs are literally inconsequential. Doesn't change anything about his gameplan. Machinegun legs are old news and can be escaped if you know what you were doing and he never needed the HKD to begin with.

16 is the only one who ate any nerf of consequence, which really sucks considering hes the only one. No real buffs for anyone who is low tier either. Patch sucks.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jiyunajp/status/993510893085327360?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Edit: nevermind

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 9, 2018

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

"Ever wish you could all fight together? Here's a new 3-on-1 PVE where you can take on bosses togeth... oh wait, it's 3 on 3 with exponentially greater lag. Please understand."

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chaotic Flame posted:

Really? I can't say for 16 but all they did for Gohan was make him function like everyone else in terms of scaling and make heavy legs not crazy.
That's a big deal considering what legs pressure has been like

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I can't wait till this weekend when I'll finally have time to check out EX legs. Anyone have experience with it yet? Are we talking 0 frame advantage or negative on block?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
After testing it a bit, you can still air dash j.L and have it be a true blockstring (I think. Is it for sure a true blockstring if your assist doesn't start recharging?). It feels tighter, but you can still do it. Probably makes it worse for mixups?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Kantesu posted:

After testing it a bit, you can still air dash j.L and have it be a true blockstring (I think. Is it for sure a true blockstring if your assist doesn't start recharging?). It feels tighter, but you can still do it. Probably makes it worse for mixups?

I actually found a Maximilian video useful. He showed the changes to 16, Gohan, and Vegeta assist. Vegeta assist can be reflected or superdashed during blockstun. 16 gets a techable hard knockdown off his previous 25/75 meterless hard knockdown grab. Adult Gohan can be reflected after level 0 EX legs. Gohan can be reflected or 2Hd after a potential unleashed EX legs.

Now making it your turn with Adult Gohan for 30 seconds plus is a bit more difficult. I guess the gameplan will now be legs with assist coverage on block with a stagger or a universal overhead to trigger assist recovery instead of braindead EX legs to trigger assist recovery. Oh, and don't use Vegeta on block unless you are expecting a vanish or baiting out a superdash/reflect.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I might just be loopy from it bein late, but I'm up to the episode where Goku fights Monaka and it might just be the best ep yet and greatest saga in all of dball.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Monaka and Jaco for FighterZ

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Monaka Final Form costume for Beerus :kimchi:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hey guys, I haven't played this game in like 2 months, is there any point in coming back or has the player base eroded to the tryhards who will combo me into oblivion

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

raditts posted:

hey guys, I haven't played this game in like 2 months, is there any point in coming back or has the player base eroded to the tryhards who will combo me into oblivion

I have bad news, it's a fighting game

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

raditts posted:

I booted up the game yesterday to test the new Steam Switch pro controller support. Other than having to swap some button mappings around, it plays great! It feels like i'm playing it on the Switch ........ :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Losing is one thing, it taking like 5 mins to lose is another.