Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Nice! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Ougher posted:

It was a video saying cyberpunk 2077 release date would be announced at e3.

I don't doubt we'll see Cyberpunk this year but either this leak is fake as gently caress or CDPR were asleep at the wheel when they put the "REVEAL TRAIL ER" text down. It fades in completely differently from everything else in the trailer, is in a dumb 8-bit font, and has bad spacing issues.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Also the "trailer" has zero new footage or assets and some guy clearly cobbled it together this afternoon and threw it onto a channel that's meant to look like official E3 news.

Seriously there's no reason to believe it's real. I do think we'll likely see Cyberpunk at E3 though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CD Projekt Red already confirmed that they're at E3 with an RPG and well they only have the one game so

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

CD Projekt Red already confirmed that they're at E3 with an RPG and well they only have the one game so

what if it was a totally different RPG game with heavy emphasis on collecting card game elements

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd be down for the Witcher 3 Yu-Gi-Oh Gwent mod being made legit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Realtalk what happened to the Gwent single player campaign, is that out yet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well now the fake rehost of the fake cyberpunk 2077 video is down what the heck

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk what happened to the Gwent single player campaign, is that out yet

They're basically starting over with Gwent and re-launching it at the end of the year, and the SP will supposedly come around then.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJygALs_l8

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

pictured: totally real thing put out by CDPR, mmhmm

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Ougher posted:

It was a video saying cyberpunk 2077 release date would be announced at e3.

Oh god yes.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I would have sexual intercourse with the blade lady in the street.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I would have sexual intercourse with the blade lady in the street.

Big Xenoblade 2 fan here

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Rage2 gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

If they were aiming for Mad Max vs Fallout 4 vs Borderlands I would say they nailed it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Good god, couldn't they have turned off the motion blur and depth of field effects for their gameplay reveal? Everything was so blurred and out of focus, plus with all the glitch effects and chromatic abberations it's like they don't want me to see the game. Maybe they're hiding low texture quality or something.

As for the gameplay itself, it looked almost like Titanfall 2 in its movement abilities. Might be pretty fun, hopefully it'll be playable at E3 and people will be able to give impressions.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FPzero posted:

Good god, couldn't they have turned off the motion blur and depth of field effects for their gameplay reveal? Everything was so blurred and out of focus, plus with all the glitch effects and chromatic abberations it's like they don't want me to see the game. Maybe they're hiding low texture quality or something.

Yeah I thought the game itself looked pretty good but that trailer leads me to think it's either early in development or a technical mess.

Is it likely that they were planning to work on it more for an E3 reveal but their hand was forced because of the leaks?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Was that Andrew W.K. music playing in the background? It does look like dumb fun which is a good thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looks fine.
But just fine.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Infinitum posted:

Hey guys are you ready to get loving MEME'd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7eXH25_KC0

how are such terrible ads still being created and approved for mass consumption in the year 2018

Murgos posted:

Rage2 gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

If they were aiming for Mad Max vs Fallout 4 vs Borderlands I would say they nailed it.

Yeah, they're definitely going for something mad max / borderlandy there. Who knows if it will actually be good, but I approve at least in concept.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 15, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if the rpg CDPR is talking about is just a new mini-expansion in Witcher 3's engine but removes all combat poo poo and is just a travelling card collector/battler rpg I'd buy it day 1. Geralt doing missions to find pilfered cards at a tavern, "hmmmm looks like wet cardboard. The booster pack wrapping is frayed at the edges"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If RAGE 2 has an RPG system under all that mayhem it could be pretty cool.

Like if you said to me that it had Fallout/Skyrim style questing and New Vegas style dialogue on top of the Doom/Borderlands gameplay?
That could be a game that is a lot of fun.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
In b4 "Rage 2 has more game than two episodes of Destiny and all their published DLC".

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'd be into RAGE if it had zero FPS gunplay and was all deathrace driving.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Rage seems intriguing but those two trailer/videos were very off putting in how hard they were trying. Made me think of how Suicide Squad tried to sell itself as totally insane and twisted.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Popete posted:

Rage seems intriguing but those two trailer/videos were very off putting in how hard they were trying. Made me think of how Suicide Squad tried to sell itself as totally insane and twisted.

Yeah I was less interested after seeing it. It screams of something you’d rent for a weekend or nab when it’s $9.99 by this Christmas.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That definitely looks like the Mad Max driving/engine at work.
I'm in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:getin: TO HERE STALKER

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/996505293344276481

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
So much regression in everything this year, now games have gone back to announcing 3 years in advance.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well I guess PC Gaming Show has at least 1 non-Star Citizen thing to talk about this year. Maybe they'll show a JPG like Nintendo does.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

buglord posted:

Yeah I was less interested after seeing it. It screams of something you’d rent for a weekend or nab when it’s $9.99 by this Christmas.

Games from the era RAGE released in were brown and industrial. Games now are brown and industrial but with blue and pink facepaint.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It's interesting that they've put 2021 already as a release date. I think most developers would rather keep a projected release date that far in the future under wraps with placeholder "coming soon!" or "TBA".

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cowcaster posted:

i’d be into a s.t.a.l.k.e.r. battle royale but i’d just rather have a new s.t.a.l.k.e.r. game for real

What did you sacrifice?

A post on Facebook by Sergiy Grygorovych has an announcement from GSC Game World that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is in development (thanks Polygon). Or more correctly, back in development after a first go at the shooter sequel was put on indefinite hold back in 2012. There isn't much to go by yet, but there's a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Website offering a 2021 (2.0.2.1.) release window. Word is:

Today 15.05.2018 I officially declare:
"GSC GAME WORLD DEVELOPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2"

https://www.stalker2.com

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

As cool as STALKER 2 sounds, aren't most of the people that worked on the original trilogy at different companies now (4A Games & Vostok Games)?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the first one was delayed 4 years and came out a real mess so

whoops 4 not 6

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

BattleHamster posted:

As cool as STALKER 2 sounds, aren't most of the people that worked on the original trilogy at different companies now (4A Games & Vostok Games)?

This is correct, especially since gsc has been trying to make a PvP game work recently that hasn't lifted off. I love stalker to bits, hell I still replay Call of Pripyat and Shadows of Chernobyl once a year but I am cautiously optimistic about this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
At this point I'm willing to bet that the game will only have similar themes to the original game(s), and that story and everything about it will be it's own thing. Though Pripyat and Chernobyl will likely still be the center of attention.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'd like to see more about GTFO this e3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A couple of delays: Shenmue 3 and Indivisible have been moved to 2019.

Battlefield V is going to have a reveal event on the 23rd hosted by Trevor Noah for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh good Trevor can show off the Battlefield version of No Russian where you massacre striking miners

• Locked thread