Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Honestly I was leaning toward nominating Byers. I'm gonna sleep on it though, it's late where I am now and I'm tired. If any strong arguments can be made for another choice, I am listening. Obviously I'm interested in Cpig's say as well as Pmush, or anyone else for that matter, but those two particularly if we are to go with the investigate/nominate combo. I don't think I'd like to nominate anyone that's in the lockout zone (KB, RF, AA, Cpig).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't think I'd like to nominate anyone that's in the lockout zone (KB, RF, AA, Cpig).

That's... kinda the point of the lockout zone.

I'm cool with doubling up on me for investigation/nomination instead of KB, I only suggested we keep with that plan to get more exposure into that whole mess.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Honestly I was leaning toward nominating Byers. I'm gonna sleep on it though, it's late where I am now and I'm tired. If any strong arguments can be made for another choice, I am listening. Obviously I'm interested in Cpig's say as well as Pmush, or anyone else for that matter, but those two particularly if we are to go with the investigate/nominate combo. I don't think I'd like to nominate anyone that's in the lockout zone (KB, RF, AA, Cpig).
You can't nominate until after the investigation because you're not actually President yet.

I'll vote yes on a byers nomination, though, when it comes up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am torn between investigating KB and Byers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am a little concerned about skipping over kumba or myself in order to nominate Byers as Chancellor. Neither kumba or myself were given a choice when we were in government and we are both coming up to our turn in line of Presidents. And unless we decide right now that we are going to skip three governments and take a top policy, then kumba is going to be the one who is President when the reshuffle happens with only 3 liberal cards remaining in the 12 card deck (presuming DBs government goes liberal).

This seems like an opportunity to give either kumba or myself a chance to be given a choice and prove ourselves before our turn at President, but instead it might skip past to Byers.

I think if I had my druthers, I'd want to see kumba be chancellor for DB, me be chancellor for kumba and then Byers be chancellor for me. But the problem there is that if kumba is Secret Hilter, he could make the right choice as chancellor but then pass along two fascist cards to me while lying about getting a liberal card.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TMMadman posted:

But the problem there is that if kumba is Secret Hilter, he could make the right choice as chancellor but then pass along two fascist cards to me while lying about getting a liberal card.
I disagree, if only because kumba's already about to get power. Giving it to him now and also when we're basically forced to accept anything but the most blatant of fascist nominations (if he's not liberal) feels like a really bad idea.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I am torn between investigating KB and Byers.

Investigate KB if you want to, but I'm standing by what I said about not nominating lockouts.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
catching up i'm gonna ignore all the slap fighting and say

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we quarantine both of them for a while? DB picks someone, we deny RF a government, Kumba gets a turn, we deny AA a government?

I trust AA more than CPig, but at 2 fascist, I'd rather not take chances.

DB, who are you thinking for chancellor?

i agree with this, and cpig should just investigate whoever cause i dont really trust it anyway, investigate db or kb or me if you want

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok :shrug: ##investigate KB

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pig, don’t go breaking my heart

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Spring 1931

CPig was given the investigation result. A new year begins, with Dick Bastardly as President.

Game status:

5 cards in the policy deck
8 cards in the discard pile

2 Fascist policies passed
2 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba
Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig

Previous administration was CapitalistPig and Anomalous Amalgam

Nomination deadline: 18th May, 11:00 GMT

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I honestly don't even care what Pig says his result is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes its been noted like 8000 times. Thanks for the reminder.

KB is Liberal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

As Long as us suspected players stay locked out, it really doesn't matter.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

Pmush really wanted to emphasize this some more. It's important we discount the probable liberal Cpig's results. ;)

My list remains unchanged. RF, Cap, AA, Pmush are the bads.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So who should we have dickyb nominate?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think Kumba makes good sense. Get another feel for him before we have a hard decision to make.

We have to stop the vote of RF and AA, which means if we don't trust Kumba, there are three votes in a row already for us to stop, which would cause us to have to flip a card and take it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Pmush really wanted to emphasize this some more. It's important we discount the probable liberal Cpig's results. ;)

My list remains unchanged. RF, Cap, AA, Pmush are the bads.

I'm mostly in agreement but I'm just wondering who you think is Secret Hilter?

Because both PMush and CapnAndy have been somewhat confrontational, Cap more so than PMush.

I'm still very concerned that kumba is Secret Hitler since he is probably most liberal seeming person right now despite the fact that he didn't get a choice on his first turn in gonvernment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I'm mostly in agreement but I'm just wondering who you think is Secret Hilter?

Because both PMush and CapnAndy have been somewhat confrontational, Cap more so than PMush.

I'm still very concerned that kumba is Secret Hitler since he is probably most liberal seeming person right now despite the fact that he didn't get a choice on his first turn in gonvernment.

I think it's Pmush. I don't think she has been that confrontational actually. And she went out of her way to play dumb and pretend she wasn't paying attention to the thread on an earlier day after Dicky made a mistake, in my mind, pretending to make the same mistake.

I'd be shocked if I was 100% right on my picks this early, so yeah, could be wrong, maybe it is Kumba. But right now we are at only 2 passed fascist policies, so we aren't in Hitler Zone yet, so he's a safe pick for chancellor regardless. He would try to pass a liberal policy as Hitler. And as president the following time, again, he'd try to play as liberal if a fascist action comes up.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm fine doing chancellor again, i'll do what i can, then we deny the RF government next turn, then i get seated as president to nominate someone not in excluded list

pmush is my top pick for hitler

preview edit:

King Burgundy posted:

I think it's Pmush. I don't think she has been that confrontational actually. And she went out of her way to play dumb and pretend she wasn't paying attention to the thread on an earlier day after Dicky made a mistake, in my mind, pretending to make the same mistake.

I'd be shocked if I was 100% right on my picks this early, so yeah, could be wrong, maybe it is Kumba. But right now we are at only 2 passed fascist policies, so we aren't in Hitler Zone yet, so he's a safe pick for chancellor regardless. He would try to pass a liberal policy as Hitler. And as president the following time, again, he'd try to play as liberal if a fascist action comes up.

:hfive:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You're tearing me apart, pig

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

But see when he's Chancellor he won't have to play liberal. He's going to drawing from a reshuffled deck of 12 that will only have 3 liberal cards in it (presuming DBs government goes liberal), so he could just pass along 2 fascist policies and say the deck screwed him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

But see when he's Chancellor he won't have to play liberal. He's going to drawing from a reshuffled deck of 12 that will only have 3 liberal cards in it (presuming DBs government goes liberal), so he could just pass along 2 fascist policies and say the deck screwed him.

You mean when he's president.

And that is still fine. It sucks in terms of our lead, but it won't end the game. Also, then he'll get the fascist policy action, whatever that one is, and he'll play it as a liberal if he's hitler.

It is all much better than the alternative(failing 3 in a row) which pretty much ensures a fascist policy passes given the odds of a single card draw.

Personally, I trust Kumba more than I trust most others, which yes, could be a problem, but I'm viewing it as a positive for now, because better hitler than a normal fascist at this point of the game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
if a fascist policy ends up passed today, who should be the special election candidate?

if not today, and we deny an RF presidency, i'll be president next time it comes up. if my administration ends up passing a fascist policy, who should be the special election candidate?

i'm thinking TMM cause he's the other one who supposedly did not get a choice

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
yeah sorry meant Pres.

Also the other thing that's bugging me is: why would a fascist CapnAndy argue against investigating a liberal kumba?

I think the argument he used was basically don't investigate kumba because I wanted kumba investigated and he thought my focus was weird. At the time, I remember feeling like a fascist Cap just didn't want secret hitler kumba to get investigated.

It's also really interesting that we're in a place where it'd be real nice to know kumbas alignment, just like I predicted.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kumba posted:

if a fascist policy ends up passed today, who should be the special election candidate?

if not today, and we deny an RF presidency, i'll be president next time it comes up. if my administration ends up passing a fascist policy, who should be the special election candidate?

i'm thinking TMM cause he's the other one who supposedly did not get a choice

Special Election should probably look forward to someone else "trustworthy" rather than repeating people we aren't totally sure of at this point. I'd be leaning Byers for the special election.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

yeah sorry meant Pres.

Also the other thing that's bugging me is: why would a fascist CapnAndy argue against investigating a liberal kumba?

I think the argument he used was basically don't investigate kumba because I wanted kumba investigated and he thought my focus was weird. At the time, I remember feeling like a fascist Cap just didn't want secret hitler kumba to get investigated.

It's also really interesting that we're in a place where it'd be real nice to know kumbas alignment, just like I predicted.

Yeah, this is a fair point. Right now I'm leaning liberal for both Pig and Kumba, so it does seem kinda nonsensical. I guess that gives Kumba a few more hitler points. But I still think now is the time to put him in leadership even if that is the case.

Thinking about it more though, it could also just be positioning right? Like he didn't want us to have a safe liberal pick in the midst of people he knew were his fascist teammates?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And/or I'm wrong about Cap and the other fascist is actually you. :) And you wanted Kumba so hard because there were fascists all around him that you wanted us to skip.

But part of my issue with all that wifom is that I'm not even sure what the best strategy is. It almost feels like finding a non hitler fascist is the preferred liberal investigation option for the fascists? Since then they can just lock down the people involved by counter claiming? As opposed to potential liberal's building circles of trust or whatever.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
KB, would you be in favor of a kumba nomination?

Anyone else have a say in that as well? I am prepared to nominate kumba, if most agree.

Personally I think this would be a good test for kumba. The only way I could see a fascist kumba to remain hidden is in the very unlikely scenario that I draw three fascist policies.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TMMadman posted:

The sum total of my contributions to the investigation debate was saying that I didn't care who got investigated. Will you people please do me the basic courtesy of attacking me for poo poo I actually said?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dick Bastardly posted:

KB, would you be in favor of a kumba nomination?

Anyone else have a say in that as well? I am prepared to nominate kumba, if most agree.

Personally I think this would be a good test for kumba. The only way I could see a fascist kumba to remain hidden is in the very unlikely scenario that I draw three fascist policies.

Yup, he is still my lead pick for Chancellor today.

And yeah, if the count hasn't been hosed with, odds of drawing a liberal policy today are super high. 40% per card draw I think? So like 90% chance of a liberal card.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seriously, you're allowed to go back and look at yesterday's posts.

I strongly urge everyone to click the little ? under my name and see what I said yesterday, then tell me TMM isn't a fascist.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm not against putting kumba into government on this turn.

And btw, if kumba is Secret Hitler, then you're the fascist who didn't lock me up in order to keep me on your good side. After all, you're the one who passed me 2 fascist policies (and could have discarded liberal) and then decided not to investigate kumba and a fascist CPig is covering for you. And then the 4th would probably be Byers based on your pushes against PMush/Cap, although you could be busing one of them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

The sum total of my contributions to the investigation debate was saying that I didn't care who got investigated. Will you people please do me the basic courtesy of attacking me for poo poo I actually said?

That was later. First you said that TMM picking Kumba to investigate was suspicious and it should be Pig. You felt so strongly about this that you tried to vote my government down.

If anyone is trying to fabricate events here it is you at this point.

---

Unless, are we talking about two different investigations? I thought TMM was talking about mine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I still really don't like the idea of the possibility of having three locked-out players in a row. Right now, if he's a fascist, he pushes us up to 3, then we're essentially forced into getting one from the top, which will probably push us up to 4. If he's fascist and we don't nominate him now, we minimize the damage we do, or at least break even on the worst case scenario for both (new chancellor is fascist and/or three fascist cards, vs. three fascist cards and/or fascist kumba). And if he's liberal, great, we get a liberal president in between the lockouts.

We're past the point of "testing", especially when we discuss it publicly and WIFOM ourselves in the process. I don't like this "well let's do more tests" thing, it sounds like a very good way to weasel out of making reads.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

PMush Perfect posted:

I still really don't like the idea of the possibility of having three locked-out players in a row. Right now, if he's a fascist, he pushes us up to 3, then we're essentially forced into getting one from the top, which will probably push us up to 4. If he's fascist and we don't nominate him now, we minimize the damage we do, or at least break even on the worst case scenario for both (new chancellor is fascist and/or three fascist cards, vs. three fascist cards and/or fascist kumba). And if he's liberal, great, we get a liberal president in between the lockouts.

We're past the point of "testing", especially when we discuss it publicly and WIFOM ourselves in the process. I don't like this "well let's do more tests" thing, it sounds like a very good way to weasel out of making reads.

Speaking of weaseling out of making reads. We've had like none from you this game right?

Who are your picks for fascists and hitler?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

That was later. First you said that TMM picking Kumba to investigate was suspicious and it should be Pig. You felt so strongly about this that you tried to vote my government down.
God, I wish you were a fascist. Me and you are gonna have a chat after this game is done.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Do you have an alternative for chancellor?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Speaking of weaseling out of making reads. We've had like none from you this game right?

Who are your picks for fascists and hitler?

Honestly, this goes for a lot of people.

One of the reasons I "trust" folks like Byers, Kumba, and TMM, is they have been open about their reads and their thoughts. Almost everyone else is keeping things very close to their vests. Which is, imho, super scummy/fascisty.

If I am wrong about those guys, the fault lies in part on any of you who are lurking/skating your way through this without putting your thoughts out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

One of the reasons I "trust" folks like Byers, Kumba, and TMM, is they have been open about their reads and their thoughts. Almost everyone else is keeping things very close to their vests. Which is, imho, super scummy/fascisty.
lmaooooooooooooooooo

Can't stop, won't stop, huh?

• Locked thread