Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

some of them can be turned off in the options iirc

Oh, really? I never poked around in the options of the demo. I hope that's the case--I'd love to tone it down just a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

If the part about catching like Pokémon Go turns out to be true I will probably cancel my preorder.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm like 90% sure the demo didn't have any such options. I was hoping to ask for it in the developer feedback thing but then I forgot about it.

It's just so over the top. It doesn't help that some of the menus and stuff also look pretty bad (reminds me of the horrible Final Fantasy mobile ports) which just makes the game aesthetically feel very... off to me.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Macaluso posted:

Imagine have three awesome starter Pokemon and picking some dumb yellow rat from somewhere later in the Pokedex as the mascot smdh

Imagine having a cool brown fox cat and picking one of the three dumb starters or some stupid yellow rat.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Is the Lego City Undercover port good?

It’s pretty buggy. It’s crashed on me quite a few times and even hard-locked my Switch on a couple of occasions. The save system is also pretty wonky and I’ve had to redo entire mission segments because I exited the game after a supposed “checkpoint save.”

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Harrow posted:

Oh, really? I never poked around in the options of the demo. I hope that's the case--I'd love to tone it down just a bit.

it was one of the things they added based on the demo feedback i think

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Lobster posted:

Imagine having a cool brown fox cat and picking one of the three dumb starters or some stupid yellow rat.

Imagine having a rad lightning rat and choosing "a fox i guess?" as a mascot.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Lobster posted:

Look as long as we agree that Pikachu sucks

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Zore posted:

Imagine having a rad lightning rat and choosing "a fox i guess?" as a mascot.

What does an origami shark know? That's right, nothing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Lobster posted:

I'm gonna have to douse this hot take with my boy Blastoise :toughguy:.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
*stands up from table shakily, having just realized that everyone here is completely insane*

I... uh... have to

*stumbles out, forgetting the bill in panic*

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dammit I just bought this before the sale

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Healbot posted:

If the part about catching like Pokémon Go turns out to be true I will probably cancel my preorder.

I bet it'll just be an alternative method to catch them vs. the normal way. With restrictions on when and where you can do it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wouldn't having to use a phone as both modem and GPS be pretty complicated and inefficient? I'll take this rumour with a bag of salt.

E: I could see them having you go to a Gamestop or McDonalds to get a mudkip via Wifi.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Your Computer posted:

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
*shrieking from just outside the door*

Pikachu is good! FUCKERS!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tales of Woe posted:

Final two octopath traveler protagonists plus they finally explain the structure of the game, sounds like you choose one character to start as and recruit the other 7 but can play anyone's story once they're in your party so you can do all 8 in a single playthrough.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/996389738796998656?s=09

:swoon:

Cant' help but get very excited for modern Seiken Densetsu 3! (Or as close as it's going to be anyways.)

The characters I'm planning to start with are the Scholar and the Apothecary.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I'm gonna start with the scholar guy I think. I'm a sucker for mage dudes and he seems cool.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm very excited for Hyrule Warriors.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

bushisms.txt posted:

What I'm hoping it means is that you actually have a throwing mechanic like pogo. Pokemon games are mechanically boring right now, you randomly meet a monster, you then pick an attack and then hope it doesn't kill them, before picking a pokeball that has a random chance of failure. Changing this to the pogo system can allow more difficulty in random battles while taking away some of the slog. Imagine being able to choose the old way or trying for an active throw that gives you chance to instacatch. This would also help how the pokeball system works, which currently is gated behind a number of things, allowing for different streamlined options.

The regular games already have a chance to instacatch. Also, the chance of failure can be affected by status effects and (obvs) how injured the 'mon is. Personally, I think adding something where you swipe with your finger would feel like the 'slog.' It wouldn't add anything except the literal action of swiping, which sounds like a pain in the rear end to do all the time.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Harrow posted:

Yeah I'm gonna start with the scholar guy I think. I'm a sucker for mage dudes and he seems cool.

:same:

Over There posted:

I'm very excited for Hyrule Warriors.

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Taiko no Tatsujin coming to Switch is one of the coolest things that will utilize the joycons. I will probably still buy the drums but drat using joycons for Taiko is neat

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can't wait for Star Fox Rammers

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Was anyone really expecting the Switch Pokemon game to keep the same formula? poo poo is real stale at this point and I'm glad they're going to mix it up a bit like they did with BotW.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Frankston posted:

Was anyone really expecting the Switch Pokemon game to keep the same formula? poo poo is real stale at this point and I'm glad they're going to mix it up a bit like they did with BotW.

It’s pretty clear that people just instantly fear phone app integration, but it isn’t clear that this rumor is true or that phone app integration will be necessary.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Yeah I have a feeling none of the dumb poo poo from Pokemon Go will appear in the new pokemon

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Folt The Bolt posted:

:swoon:

Cant' help but get very excited for modern Seiken Densetsu 3! (Or as close as it's going to be anyways.)

The characters I'm planning to start with are the Scholar and the Apothecary.

This game looks like it is so supremely my jam that I am convinced Nintendo has been reading my diary.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Looper posted:

how many arrows do you have?

I had 180. I tried wasting them as an experiment and Beedle starting getting arrows in stock once I was down around 100.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Frankston posted:

This is pretty much my take. I'd be really happy if they ditched having to move between screens and just had a big seemless open world. BOTW's engine is the holy grail, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the extra power. I'll be a bit disappointed if they do the two version thing like they've always done, only with one version on the 3DS and the other on the Switch with the end result that it's pretty much the same as it's always been.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Instead of just throwing pokeballs at idle weakened/concussed Pokémon you can try to toss them at live ones running around. Or use a pokeball gun to concuss and capture in one shot. First person Pokémon shooter, developed by Retro.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

The answer for every Nintendo franchise is “make a BOTW-like” version.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

yeah, it actually is

edit: except starfox I guess

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't want a botw-like pokemon

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Andrast posted:

I don't want a botw-like pokemon

gently caress you.

I’m just kidding I’m sure you’re a good guy

But gently caress your opinions

Honestly I think it can still be unique to Pokémon but just more open world and 3D. I don’t think we’re talking about reskins here but a totally different game on the same engine.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is this how hardcore og zelda fans felt about botw? I really don't want any of the dumb leak poo poo in pokemon

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I remember suggesting that I think in this thread a while back and people were saying Sun and Moon was already Pokemon's BOTW. No way in hell is the Pokemon generation that stops you every ten seconds to hold your hand and whatever going to be Pokemon's BOTW. Sun/Moon were absolutely clausterphobic in how little freedom they gave you.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm going to turn into that guy who complains about breath of the wild pokemon every time it's brought up

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
All I want from any Pokemon game is to be best friends with a Lapras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Raserys posted:

is this how hardcore og zelda fans felt about botw? I really don't want any of the dumb leak poo poo in pokemon

All I want is the big open world.

Also I guess I'm an old-ish school zelda fan, I go back to LTTP and Links Awakening. I loved BOTW, but I can't really see myself replaying it the way I can everything up through say... wind waker.

• Locked thread