Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh yeah the funniest part about that Ronda vs Nia announcement is a bunch of the female talent were told to tweet out how excited they were for the match. And then Sasha liked these tweets:

Even though she's 100% right, this is probably why she'll never sniff another title again.

She's probably working. I don't trust wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lid posted:

The Meltz on Nia v Ronda can be summarised as "... why wasnt it Asuka?"

Asuka would be a (slightly) better in-ring match but it suffers from the same kayfabe problems. Asuka's coming off a high-profile loss already, another one would seriously hurt her badass gimmick, and if anti-bullying babyface Nia loses it'll kill her character dead.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Nobody likes anti bullying baby face Nia. Kill that character dead.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Julio Cruz posted:

Asuka would be a (slightly) better in-ring match but it suffers from the same kayfabe problems. Asuka's coming off a high-profile loss already, another one would seriously hurt her badass gimmick, and if anti-bullying babyface Nia loses it'll kill her character dead.

His point is why beat Asuka at Mania at all, it didnt change anything.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

His point is why beat Asuka at Mania at all, it didnt change anything.
There was no fallout, other than just Asuka losing the streak. Charolette went on to lose the title via cash-in then lose again to Carmella at Backlash, meanwhile Asuka became "Just another wrestler" immediately.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The_Rob posted:

Nobody likes anti bullying baby face Nia. Kill that character dead.
Seriously this is like if Mankind won the title and then gave a tearful anti-bullying speech about how it's okay to be different, followed by Michael Cole explaining to the audience how active WWE is in the "Be A Star" campaign in schools across the country. And then they kept doing this after every Mankind match.

It's sooooo bad to watch. Women's revolution!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Remember kids, calling someone fat is mean but assaulting them because they got an opportunity you didn't is just fine.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Their anti bully symbol spent her first year beating up 95 pound jobbers

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I hope Alexa shifting from "Nia's the real bully" to "Nia sucks as a champion" in backstage segments is signaling the end of that storyline aesthetic. It might have been useful at one point, but it isn't anymore.

I too am terrified Almas is going to be entirely wasted. Dude's look is great, Zelina is great, the theme song is great, he's terrific at the wrestling, this should write itself.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wrestling is a flat-out bad platform for any sort of anti-bullying message, but WWE wants that philanthropy look so bad so they're never gonna stop awkwardly cramming it in there.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
best anti bully char was face jack gallagher. He didn't take poo poo from any of those scoundrels.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Minidust posted:

Wrestling is a flat-out bad platform for any sort of anti-bullying message, but WWE wants that philanthropy look so bad so they're never gonna stop awkwardly cramming it in there.

vince will die mad that he's a rich carny, not a real rich person.

Blaise330 posted:

best anti bully char was face jack gallagher. He didn't take poo poo from any of those scoundrels.

honestly? yeah. i really miss follow-the-rules, prim and proper gentleman jack gallagher.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

vince will die mad that he's a rich carny, not a real rich person.
Good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When kicking Jinder's rear end gets you booed, loving pack it up. That's absolutely embarrassing.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The best case scenario for this Nia/Ronda match is that Nia injures another person she is working with and gets fired because it's Ronda

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

There was no fallout, other than just Asuka losing the streak. Charolette went on to lose the title via cash-in then lose again to Carmella at Backlash, meanwhile Asuka became "Just another wrestler" immediately.

Pretty sure WWE is protecting Asuka still. She can lose tag matches now, but other than that single tag match on Smackdown that she lost (and even then it was a dirty finish), she hasn't lost anything since, including at house shows. Wouldn't be shocked if she's the one to take the title from Carmella. It's not like she has anyone else credible to face on the babyface side. Naomi is more directionless than Asuka, and Becky is the designated babyface jobber right now.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

The best case scenario for this Nia/Ronda match is that Nia injures another person she is working with and gets fired because it's Ronda

Nah, best case is that they steal the double low blow finish from AJ/Nakamura, because the crowd will poo poo all over it and it'll be hilarious.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ronda is gonna have the strap for like 6 years

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shinjobi posted:

When kicking Jinder's rear end gets you booed, loving pack it up. That's absolutely embarrassing.
If they really wanted to successfully break into India's market they should have just had Jinder feud with Roman. Dummies :rolleye:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Both red belts on part timers for years would be something. Least we still have Seth.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There is a scenario where Roman beats Jinder and doesn't get booed I think. You just...can't go about it in the most spiteful pissbaby of ways.

I feel like somewhere along the line 'extreme spitefulness' became a trait you're supposed to cheer for like Roman or like the Shane v. kosz setup, to the confusion of literally everyone with basic human sentiments.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Seeing a UK crowd cheer for Jinder just has me convinced that the WWE could attain world peace via mutual booing of Roman Reigns.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

There is a scenario where Roman beats Jinder and doesn't get booed I think. You just...can't go about it in the most spiteful pissbaby of ways.

I genuinely don't think there is. A win over Jinder is going to be seen by the audience as the start of another push up the card for Roman and they'll act accordingly. Maybe if they made it a Winner Leaves Town match.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I didn't watch last night but from reviews of the show, it sounds like Jinder was completely a babyface last night. Not just from the audience booing Roman for attacking him, but he got beat up earlier in the show and was still planning to tough it out for the main event until he was speared by the coward Roman Reigns. Like who wrote that?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think more likely Ronda gets cheated by whoever she'll work with next. Easy storyline there, someone mad she got the shot over them costs her the match.

Could have been Sasha if she wasn't stuck with this endless Bayley thing. Mickie could work since they already started something between them, she's not in the MITB, and getting robbed of title chances is already a thing with her.

Or as was suggested an immediate MITB cash-in.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Seeing a UK crowd cheer for Jinder just has me convinced that the WWE could attain world peace via mutual booing of Roman Reigns.

The reverse rocky is a terrifying and powerful move.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Jinder's so brave, he won't let this bully hinder him.

I remember on some of the last talking smack episodes jinder would accidentally go babyface by talking about how hard he works, how much he believes in himself, and how being fired from WWE crushed him and he's so happy for a 2nd chance. Basically a Ziggler promo without sounding whiny.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is Vince bothered by Jinder being cheered by the UK crowd or does he chalk it up to being "Bizarro crowds"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3NlWmsf3kE
Rusev doing the thing I would always do in multiplayer games at parties, press pause all the time like a dick :allears:

Also I love how serious Luke treats Gang Beasts

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Aphrodite posted:

I think more likely Ronda gets cheated by whoever she'll work with next. Easy storyline there, someone mad she got the shot over them costs her the match.

Could have been Sasha if she wasn't stuck with this endless Bayley thing. Mickie could work since they already started something between them, she's not in the MITB, and getting robbed of title chances is already a thing with her.

Or as was suggested an immediate MITB cash-in.

I wouldn't be surprised if she works with mickey and nattie for a solid year for veteran experience.

RealFoxy posted:

Is Vince bothered by Jinder being cheered by the UK crowd or does he chalk it up to being "Bizarro crowds"

or he'll think Jinder is the next Braun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if she works with mickey and nattie for a solid year for veteran experience.

She absolutely needs to do this, but do it on house shows or at the Performance Center. Having her go 50-50 with Mickie on Raw every week will kill her mystique dead.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
lol ronda at a house show. "i want to endure what all the other girls do....... except the really unglamorous, tedious stuff.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Vaguido posted:

I didn't watch last night but from reviews of the show, it sounds like Jinder was completely a babyface last night. Not just from the audience booing Roman for attacking him, but he got beat up earlier in the show and was still planning to tough it out for the main event until he was speared by the coward Roman Reigns. Like who wrote that?

It also included segments about how Roman is such A Hero for continually trying to get title shots after he loses, and in the same show Kevin Owens is a loving jerk bastard heel for continually trying to get title shots after he loses.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saint Freak posted:

It also included segments about how Roman is such A Hero for continually trying to get title shots after he loses, and in the same show Kevin Owens is a loving jerk bastard heel for continually trying to get title shots after he loses.

No, you see Roman is American and Owens is Quebecois!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/996080716680220677

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Charlotte would be the most boring mitb winner ever since she's perpetually had a belt for like 3 years.

She's probably winning.

Dunno why she thinks she can cash in on the raw title tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When you need a woman to make a big splash and make some loving wrestling history

give that poo poo to Charlotte

forever

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
No kidding, she got to sit outside the ring of a royal rumble she wasn't even in just to be on camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Ronda's a Special Attraction, Asuka speaks very little English, and Becky doesn't speak English the way WWE would like. So in terms of women WWE has who can be there every night and be a primary face of the company in that John Cena fashion, Charlotte's as good as they've got. Everyone else is either significantly sketchier/inconsistent in the ring or is a worse/inappropriate character (either by their own failings, thanks to their booking, or because WWE clearly has certain standards about who they want representing them to the outside world). WWE probably also has a sense that Charlotte will forever be loyal to the company; she's Natalya but with a more mainstream-famous name and hasn't farted on TV.

I'm not excited by Charlotte, but I completely understand why she's the de facto front of WWE's womens division. You couldn't make a more perfect poster child for WWE than Ric Flair's daughter who is dependable both in the ring and in front of outside press.

• Locked thread