Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Todd's new OHW is on Scatman, something that I'm surprised took a second batch of requests to get to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

khwarezm posted:

This is a very fun channel and an interesting way to tell people about biology and stuff, but it annoys me that the basic concept is that some animals can be considered 'Better' than others since that's certainly not how it works in nature or how biologists think about it. I hope it doesn't mislead some people watching, ie he has video on cats where Lions are 'Higher tier' than Cougars, which is a bit suspect most ways you slice it since Cougars are certainly in a better position right now than Lions are.

Yeah, but that's because of Human players ruining the game for other players. The meta is all hosed up because of them.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Todd's new OHW is on Scatman, something that I'm surprised took a second batch of requests to get to.

I already unironically loved this song but hearing the full story of the Scatman just makes it even better. :unsmith:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

raocow posted:

the absence of BofL has created a power vacuum of the absolutely lamest takes

Hi raocow

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

raocow posted:

hey the wario land lp is really good btw

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jeez, I even get shade thrown at me when I'm not here

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

raocow posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

new defunctland idiots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqV070b25GA

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Learning about the conception, compromise, construction, and upkeep of amusement park attractions > actually waiting in line at an amusement park

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

raocow posted:

Man, at least the lame takes are different and the derails shorter.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Dragonatrix posted:

My uncle was one of like, twenty people that had John Larkin's original album (the L.A. club circuit was probably way, way smaller in the 70s and 80s) so I'm glad people will finally know that Scatman John was a loving monster on both piano and pianee.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

Jeez, I even get shade thrown at me when I'm not here

???

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Everyone knows I have the lamest takes, it's not even a contest.

*tbf it's probably good that I wasn't around when y'all were talking about Dankula*

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Tired Moritz posted:

arrested for youtube crimes

also, anyone got any recommendations for good silent hill retrospectives?

Dena's Game Den did a series about all the games. And the movies. And one part of a video even goes into the whole wiki meltdown.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Cyborcat

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Speaking of Kim Justice, I liked this retrospective on the Mega Drive Shadowrun game.

Meanwhile, LGR has a new one on the Need For Speed TEXACO-exclusive demos.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TheMaestroso posted:

She's super insightful and funny to boot. You should check out her books, too: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (about being a mortician) and From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death (about death and burial practices in cultures around the world). Saw her do a talk last year while promoting her second book and it was excellent.

yeah. its right up my alley. i have always been weirdly tempted to go into being a mortician. it seems like a fascinating field of work.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 14, 2018

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Ah man, that game hooked me good. I had rented the game and fell so hard I played it for a weekend, barely stopping to sleep. I didn't finish it, so I overwrote all three save files with mine so when I returned it hopefully one would be there when I rented it the next weekend. Thankfully they were still there and I finished it pretty quickly after that.

Finished the entire thing, including the matrix side quest; if you did all the side stuff the ending was a romp and kinda anticlimactic but still a great game. In the days before internet faqs it was the mark of a good game where you could pretty much wring everything from a game even with a missing manual as well. I'll avoid playing it in modern time to keep my nostalgia intact, however.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Does anyone know if the Jeff the Killer sequel Jenny Nicholson teased is still available on Amazon? I know it was up there two or three weeks ago, but I'm not able to find it anymore. I hope that her video or people who watched it didn't make the writer feeling personally attacked and taking it off of the site.

Conal Cochran fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 14, 2018

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Conal Cochran posted:

Does anyone know if the Jeff the Killer sequel Jenny Nicholson teased is still available on Amazon? I know it was up there two or three weeks ago, but I'm not able to find it anymore. I hope that her video or people who watched it didn't make the writer feeling personally attacked and taking it off of the site.

Still there

https://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Mansion-Insanity-Neesha-Nickleson/dp/1535166711/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1526323922&sr=1-1

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
holy crap that summary is a trip

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought Zalgo was an SA thing from the old For Better or for Worse megathreads.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

business hammocks posted:

I thought Zalgo was an SA thing from the old For Better or for Worse megathreads.

Much like Slenderman, it attained memetic status and then got folded into the weird "all the creepypasta characters live together in a house in the woods and have a sitcom life and fall in love with various self-inserts" fanfic genre. I think Zalgo is Slenderman's enemy for... some reason, and has some set of minions, but hell if I'm going to go wading back into that mess to figure it all out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the jeff the killer picture is creepy and i feel like if i read up on the backstory it would no longer be so.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's a photoshop of a happy dog.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought the original jeff the killer image was a photoshop of a girl who hanged herself after being bullied after posting a picture of herself.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Leal posted:

I thought the original jeff the killer image was a photoshop of a girl who hanged herself after being bullied after posting a picture of herself.

I don't want to say "no, that's stupid" in case it's true, but I do want to point out that that sounds exactly like the premise of a creepypasta.

Edit: did some research, found an interview with the guy who made the photo in the first place, it's just a bad costume with worse photoshopping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPpcvD01Ok

FoldableHuman fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 14, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea my gut says 'I think nothing about that is true' but my internet poisoned brain says 'eh maybe'

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Having seen some pictures of hanging victims, I don't think the picture looks like a hanged person.

I'd also wonder who took the picture of the hanged girl and put it on the internet. Like, I can't imagine most bullies would be terrible enough to break into her home and get a picture of her and upload it, and I can't imagine why else anyone would put the image in an easily accessible place.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Puppy Time posted:

Having seen some pictures of hanging victims, I don't think the picture looks like a hanged person.

I'd also wonder who took the picture of the hanged girl and put it on the internet. Like, I can't imagine most bullies would be terrible enough to break into her home and get a picture of her and upload it, and I can't imagine why else anyone would put the image in an easily accessible place.

Look at this child who never went to rotten.com

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Puppy Time posted:

Er, the girl posted a picture of herself. She was then bullied, and hung herself. Taking the image that was posted before she hung herself, the person photoshopped it to make the original Jeff the Killer image.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Picture of the girl who hanged herself" doesn't mean picture of the girl actually hanging herself, it just means that it was the picture of a girl who later hanged herself because of bullying from 4chan

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

MariusLecter posted:

Morbid Mystery: The Death of Elisa Lam - Ask a Mortician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_if47gEn0w

What Happens to a Body During Cremation? - Ask a Mortician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSFX-hFgIk

This video is a pretty good introduction to Ask a Mortician for those unfamiliar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKIyDMaxh4w

This lady is amazing and I feel validated that a mortician also shares my fear of cave diving corpses (and.. cave diving in general). Thank you for sharing!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

arrested for youtube crimes

also, anyone got any recommendations for good silent hill retrospectives?
Here you go.
https://youtu.be/uCyR5yw6Vq8?t=1s

Getting Over It: Humanising Game Design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPSJHSsDmU

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 15, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dean of Swing posted:

Learning about the conception, compromise, construction, and upkeep of amusement park attractions > actually waiting in line at an amusement park

The defunctland on Action Park is amazing to me as someone who had only heard small stories about the park, it was just such a poo poo show and I'm amazed that there weren't more fatalities there.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
watched some defunctland videos and man, there were a lot of deaths, huh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The worst is the America Sings death. That’s some hardcore stuff right there. More like America Screams.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Not gonna lie, if anyone was gonna die at America Sings I was not expecting it to be in a way quite like that. Jesus.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Testekill posted:

The defunctland on Action Park is amazing to me as someone who had only heard small stories about the park, it was just such a poo poo show and I'm amazed that there weren't more fatalities there.

Not gonna lie, it inspired me to look up nearby alpine slides last fall. I was probably saved from myself by the timing and the snow.

But now it's summer again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FoldableHuman posted:

Not gonna lie, it inspired me to look up nearby alpine slides last fall. I was probably saved from myself by the timing and the snow.

But now it's summer again.

Just because it's your username doesn't mean you have to embody it :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dave Anthony voice: Break your loving face at Action Park!