Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Slamburger posted:

The best way to get out of jokephase is to put serious votes on people, like for scummy stuff like equivocating on placing a vote.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

I kinda agree with this vote. The rest of their posting doesn't help. Let's look at that:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

wow that song was terrible ##vote jedit

Joke votes jedit.

##unvote

Cpigs vote was bad. :bandwagon:

Next post is calling the next jokevote on the same person a bandwagon.

This jokephase is bad and dumb just bc we haven't had any good jokes yet. Except Keanes bit with the masonry is ok but kinda played out.

Don't worry nothing is happening in this game

Bunch of posts that seem designed to low-key stifle discussion by saying things like "jokephase is bad" (while not providing content to fix that) and "nothing is happening"

Ok Sal who's the scum

Asking someone else for their opinions (in what reads in a mostly non-serious tone to me, on top of that), while, of course, not having posted any themselves. In the context of the rest of their post history, this post feels especially dishonest to me.

Given that it's Day 1, I don't really have much information to go on but AN is definitely pinging me the hardest right now, as well.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am down with anon as well, best case we have going right now.

##vote anon

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Anon is playing as Anon usually does. Jedit's reaction was whacky and disproportionate. I thought CPig's vote was weird myself, but Jedit's reaction seemed like it wasn't inclined to probing it.

I'd say Jedit is the best choice for today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jedit posted:

Yes I do, it's the period of the game where people take it as an excuse to put a joke vote on me then let me get lynched by inertia.

This post is very defensive, particularly during jokephase.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Anon is playing as Anon usually does. Jedit's reaction was whacky and disproportionate. I thought CPig's vote was weird myself, but Jedit's reaction seemed like it wasn't inclined to probing it.

I'd say Jedit is the best choice for today.

What makes you think CPig's vote was weird? It seems like a joke OMGUS to a joke vote to me. Anything in particular that strikes out to you?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow that's a whole lot of lovely votes on me.

Voting for ANarc is the worst possible vote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane what are your thoughts on Slamburger atm?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

What makes you think CPig's vote was weird? It seems like a joke OMGUS to a joke vote to me. Anything in particular that strikes out to you?

A joke OMGUS to a joke poem about CPig. It felt weird to me then, I wanted to prompt CPig to a bit more posts about it, I feel okay about CPig now.

Jedit threw this hands in the air about it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Not really helping your case at all, dude.

Keane, is this really how AN plays? Because man...

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Yeah I’m pretty sus of everyone who has voted for you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not really helping your case at all, dude.

Keane, is this really how AN plays? Because man...

I've played many games with Anon and I don't think she is scum here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I do think I seriously lack in meta knowledge here atm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sus of everyone who has voted for you.

And why would that be? Given that Anon hasn't been productive at all? I can understand not thinking Anon is scum, since it seems to be a meta problem, but again, I do not think Anon is acting very town right now. What makes you suspicious? Please tell.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

This post is very defensive, particularly during jokephase.

Jedit being defensive and angry is like par for the course for him though

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Jedit being defensive and angry is like par for the course for him though

I don't remember this, but I don't think I've played with him in a long while, so it's possible.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Do you have any other takes, Hal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Do you have any other takes, Hal?

What are your own opinions on people, Keane? Does anyone seem scummy to you atm? You and I seem to run on a different wavelength so your viewpoint would be appreciated.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Yami Fenrir posted:

What are your own opinions on people, Keane? Does anyone seem scummy to you atm? You and I seem to run on a different wavelength so your viewpoint would be appreciated.

not a big fan of this sucking up

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

good defence................................................................

for a clown to make

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CCKeane posted:

A joke OMGUS to a joke poem about CPig. It felt weird to me then, I wanted to prompt CPig to a bit more posts about it, I feel okay about CPig now.

Jedit threw this hands in the air about it.

Go gently caress yourself, it's Piano Man
That lovely song by Billy Joel
And if you vote Day 1 for Jedit
You're scum and a total rear end in a top hat!

Seriously: I was riffing on his flavour claim.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

Joke votes jedit.

Next post is calling the next jokevote on the same person a bandwagon.

Er, yeah? That's what a bandwagon is, hopping on someone who's getting votes without an independent good reason to do so.

##vote Yami

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

not a big fan of this sucking up

Actually I just want to hear their own opinion. I'm always a bit suspicious of people who seem to ask for opinions without posting major ones themselves. But I've also been consistently wrong about my read on Keane, so I don't know.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I don't remember this, but I don't think I've played with him in a long while, so it's possible.

It's probably been a year since I last played on SA. There was a long drought where the only games taking off were Ecco's, and I don't like her games - too many bastards.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Jedit stuck out to me the most, and, of course, Alasdair and I are god confirmed masons (I carry him about on a basket on my back IRL) so there's that.

Reading a bit, b- 's posts are pretty sparse, there are like two meaningful posts, so that's not good. CPig is probably fine. DB is also a bit sparse but feels okay to me for now. I also just saw his post asking me about my Slamburger opinion's so: Slamburger's vote on Anon is garbage and bad, I don't think the posts before that are really relevant toward pointing to an alignment either way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I know nobody asked me but this is exactly the exchange i had with town anarc in my last game

yami seems off to me

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jedit posted:

Er, yeah? That's what a bandwagon is, hopping on someone who's getting votes without an independent good reason to do so.

##vote Yami

His reason being the joke OMGUS vote back at him? There's 2 reasons in there. A) It's joke phase and b) OMGUS.

What are you on?

Unless you mean why vote in which case, rofl.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I know nobody asked me but this is exactly the exchange i had with town anarc in my last game

yami seems off to me

Oh yeah, more suspicion on me again. We doing this again, really? After I was lynched for extremely flimsy reasons the last game and OH HEY I WAS TOWN.

Screw that. Give a proper reason as to why you think I seem off.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Jonathan Fisk posted:

yami seems off to me

And you were scum in that game. Is this a scum claim?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh yeah, more suspicion on me again. We doing this again, really? After I was lynched for extremely flimsy reasons the last game and OH HEY I WAS TOWN.

Screw that. Give a proper reason as to why you think I seem off.

I didn't play last game, friend. Your words and tone are bad and I don't know you enough to say that's just you normally being bad, unlike...

And you were scum in that game. Is this a scum claim?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

##vote anarc :twisted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I didn't play last game, friend. Your words and tone are bad and I don't know you enough to say that's just you normally being bad, unlike...

I noticed you didn't answer her question, TASTE.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You do realize that is the most generic non-answer you come up with? This explains nothing at all. "My words and tone are bad."

Which ones, the ones I wrote a case with, explaining in long strides my first serious vote of the game?

Or was it the one where I'm trying to put a little bit of pressure on people to see how they would react?

Or is it this bolded part perhaps?

##unvote

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Seriously, do tell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

You do realize that is the most generic non-answer you come up with? This explains nothing at all. "My words and tone are bad."

Which ones, the ones I wrote a case with, explaining in long strides my first serious vote of the game?

Or was it the one where I'm trying to put a little bit of pressure on people to see how they would react?

Or is it this bolded part perhaps?

##unvote

##vote Jonathan Fisk

Seriously, do tell.

you type like an insane person

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
? ? ? ?

do tell

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

you type like an insane person

Me being insane is literally noted below my avatar. Also still not explaining my dude.

Incidentally, this is how I have played every game so far. I just have a very aggressive playstyle in general. In my opinion it's best to see how people react to being put on the spot (as it is the most honest reaction), which is exactly why I am doing what I am.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I am not playing in your mafia history, I am playing in this game. This is the first time i have ever seen you and pleading context is pointless

I don't muzzle my impressions of people, and I'm not particularly concerned with how they feel about my reads on them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if you're tying to badger a traditional quote and comment case out of me people have tried for five years and I always come out drinking their nerdy anemic blood

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

if you're tying to badger a traditional quote and comment case out of me people have tried for five years and I always come out drinking their nerdy anemic blood

Do you even case bro?

Yami posts a lot and is a new player, so he is cool in my book.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

I noticed you didn't answer her question, TASTE.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane what are your thoughts on Slamburger atm?

I think Fisk is taking advantage of Yami's inherent scumminess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i don't mind aggressiveness but it seems disproportionate to an offhand comment that apparently has been received before for the same reasons

didn't take much to hop off narc

• Locked thread