Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm sticking around for the final episode but I'm not coming back next season. It's been fun but last season and this season especially felt lackluster and forgettable.

There were great scenes but the overall season hasn't left a strong impression at all, and I'm going to back away and see other shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Farewell

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I think last season might be my favorite but this one might be a close second :shrug:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yeah, Season 4 is AoS at its best, with three pretty self-contained arcs, each transitioning incredibly well into the next, and some incredibly impressive acting all across the board.

Season 5 has basically been a messy time-travel story with endless gray halls, and they still somehow made that somewhat enjoyable.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Skye is a terrible boss. Her team meeting skills are for poo poo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm thinking the shortened season wasn't just a network mandate, but a way to up their budget again. Less, higher end episodes.

That said I'm VERY glad it's getting that 6th season (and 13 episode season shows can work just fine so I'm not going to bitch at all) to punch out on because I too was worried about the finale just being pure poo poo.

A lot of it is pattern recognition from other shows/franchises which get axed all the time.

Frankly I think the only thing that truly saved the show is the fact it was a cornerstone of Phase 1; it shouldn't end until Phase 1 does, which goes double for the way it's got to tie in with Infinity War now.

13 episodes honestly seems great since they can zero in on the 2019 movies and end with Avengers 4. I'll also be fascinated to see how the next season works, if the leaks about Avengers 4's plot are true.

quote:

13 episode seasons can work great, though I like the mini-season pods AoS has been doing. I'm not disappointed with 13. Game of Thrones was great at 13.

Then GoT went to 7 and I can definitely say, that's way too loving few for any show that's not planned as a mini-series or series of mini-movies.

GoT was actually 10 eps per season, not 13.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Forums poster Barry Convex, you will be right one day about SHIELD being gone...

But not this day.

sorry, what does this have to do with anything I said?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

13 episodes honestly seems great since they can zero in on the 2019 movies and end with Avengers 4. I'll also be fascinated to see how the next season works, if the leaks about Avengers 4's plot are true.

It's kind of surprising to me that they don't just do that every season -- do an abbreviated SHIELD lead-up to whatever MCU film is out that year.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

double nine posted:

I'm sticking around for the final episode but I'm not coming back next season. It's been fun but last season and this season especially felt lackluster and forgettable.

There were great scenes but the overall season hasn't left a strong impression at all, and I'm going to back away and see other shows.

I recommend Arrow I think you'd like it

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Chokes McGee posted:

I recommend Arrow I think you'd like it

Yes definitely this.

Time aberration fixed like in the superior Legends of Tomorrow

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 15, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

thanks for ruining the joke you jerk :mad:

(for reals tho, LoT owns)

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Agents of Shield is not in the fall schedule, so it's either going to start right at the beginning of 2019 and finish before infinity war part 2 or they may push it later.

How about two pods next year one 7 episode pre-IW2 and one six episode wrap-up pod to close out Phase 3 once and for all.

As much as I would like it to keep going, I have a feeling it may not be feasible after season 6 and this is the logical place for it to end depending on what happens in the IW follow-up.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

bull3964 posted:

Agents of Shield is not in the fall schedule, so it's either going to start right at the beginning of 2019 and finish before infinity war part 2 or they may push it later.

How about two pods next year one 7 episode pre-IW2 and one six episode wrap-up pod to close out Phase 3 once and for all.

As much as I would like it to keep going, I have a feeling it may not be feasible after season 6 and this is the logical place for it to end depending on what happens in the IW follow-up.

IW2 is going to be the inverse of the first Avengers, where Coulson defeats Thanos after all the Avengers are killed.

in soviet russia infinity war 2, coulson avenges you!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/996425401688731649

Well, that's one way to avoid dealing with Avengers 4's probable timeline-undoing ending.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think this whole ”airing concurrently with Infinity War” mess has taught them an important lesson.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phylodox posted:

I think this whole ”airing concurrently with Infinity War” mess has taught them an important lesson.

Overall unless this season goes forward more than a couple more days they'll just avoid having to deal with the movie events at all. The news report Mack was watching in this episode was like the very first Earth based fight in the movie, so the season could easily end before any of the actual big things happen anyway.

Movie events occur over the haitus and next season can open up with them going "Man, that whole Wakanda thing was pretty weird eh?" before getting kidnapped by hydra and being imprisoned in a refrigerator box maze

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's the framework season again but this time we only see their bodies standing there for 42 minutes each episode

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

Well, that's one way to avoid dealing with Avengers 4's probable timeline-undoing ending.

I really hope season 5 ends with [infinity war ending spoilers].

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jusupov posted:

It's the framework season again but this time we only see their bodies standing there for 42 minutes each episode

Mymla posted:

Just combine both of these things and go full Tron

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mymla posted:

I wish they'd had the dance-off to be honest.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Azhais posted:

Overall unless this season goes forward more than a couple more days they'll just avoid having to deal with the movie events at all. The news report Mack was watching in this episode was like the very first Earth based fight in the movie, so the season could easily end before any of the actual big things happen anyway.

Movie events occur over the haitus and next season can open up with them going "Man, that whole Wakanda thing was pretty weird eh?" before getting kidnapped by hydra and being imprisoned in a refrigerator box maze

I thought (and still think) that the showrunners didn't get enough advance access to IW to work in the ending anyway, but avoiding it entirely would make even more sense if they're not going to deal with the aftermath of it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/996424685863645184

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Barry Convex posted:

I thought (and still think) that the showrunners didn't get enough advance access to IW to work in the ending anyway, but avoiding it entirely would make even more sense if they're not going to deal with the aftermath of it.

Yeah, they kept the full story of IW even from the cast making the movie. They for drat sure didn't give AOS a head's up.

It would be hilarious if Gravitalbot was just getting read to go world killer and gets erased.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guess AoS did better in this timeslot than ABC anticipated. But uh, wow. For some reason imagining a seventh season of this show is kind of blowing my mind.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Prediction: Everyone pretty much gets dusted, cuts to credits, IW2 happens, season 6 begins, everyone comes back, and they continue right where they left off.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

ApeHawk posted:

Prediction: Everyone pretty much gets dusted, cuts to credits, IW2 happens, season 6 begins, everyone comes back, and they continue right where they left off.

Only Simmons gets vanished. Season 6 begins with Fitz a full-on super villain and the rest of the team trying to stop him. Simmons gets un-vanished and talks him down.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phylodox posted:

Only Simmons gets vanished. Season 6 begins with Fitz a full-on super villain and the rest of the team trying to stop him. Simmons gets un-vanished and talks him down.

It's how they get rid of half of the Fitz's

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I guess going to 13 episode seasons could be a cost saving measure, and a lot of shows are doing it these days.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Barry Convex posted:

It's probably for the best they do this. Best part is, they won't have to reference any movies during the summer.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's probably for the best they do this. Best part is, they won't have to reference any movies during the summer.

It's actually going to be wall to wall deadpool references

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Make deadpool a recurring character on the show. Get some dirt on Ryan Reynolds to get him to work for free.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mymla posted:

Make deadpool a recurring character on the show. Get some dirt on Ryan Reynolds to get him to work for free.

Just tell him he gets to wear the costume and he’ll pay them.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Unless you make Deadpool an Inhuman, you're going to have to introduce Mutants.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mraagvpeine posted:

Unless you make Deadpool an Inhuman, you're going to have to introduce Mutants.

Just say he's from another dimension / parallel universe. Clearly not the fear dimension though.

Are they just leaving that behind now? A portal to another dimension? Just like "oh yeah, I forgot about that thing."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Are they just leaving that behind now? A portal to another dimension? Just like "oh yeah, I forgot about that thing."

Have they ever done that?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ApeHawk posted:

I don't think they're going to have the snap in the finale, I think they wrapped filming before the movie came out and I don't think they had a heads up warning on the ending.

I think they'll end on resolving the Graviton and other current threat stuff without a ton of setup for next season since they didn't know if they were getting one for a while. Then next season starts after the next Avengers and they just roll based on the world after that. At leas that seems to be the easiest/best way to approach it given the late renewal and timing of the next season.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Just say he's from another dimension / parallel universe. Clearly not the fear dimension though.

The fun dimension.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So the "thank you, Creel" bit from Friday makes me wonder if Talbot is trying to balance the voices in his head through absorbing "allies" to suppress the dangerous ones.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mokinokaro posted:

So the "thank you, Creel" bit from Friday makes me wonder if Talbot is trying to balance the voices in his head through absorbing "allies" to suppress the dangerous ones.

I thought it was because he turned Creel into a big blob of Gravitonium before absorbing him so he got an instant power boost.

Also, Gravitonium has to be related to the Zero Matter from Agent Carter. They are just so similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

#nineseasonsandamovie

make it so.