Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends you are all cool in my book

Taste is giving the appearance of going after low hanging fruit here for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i don't mind aggressiveness but it seems disproportionate to an offhand comment that apparently has been received before for the same reasons

didn't take much to hop off narc

That being said I do agree with everything in this post

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's more remarking that fruit is low, and having the fruit explode onto you, despite you having no intention of picking it and instead just walking by

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the reaction to my comment about yami posting weirdly is collectively "yes, that's true, but you're scummy for pointing it out"

hm

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
maybe its because youre scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's more remarking that fruit is low, and having the fruit explode onto you, despite you having no intention of picking it and instead just walking by

Yes my initial reaction to the whole thing was that Yami was overreacting like all get out and that it seemed like a distraction from the Anon momentum. But people who have played with them in this legendary “last game” seem to think that’s normal.

I think the issue too is how weak and generic your initial case was.

I dunno I’m still working through this whole interaction

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

if i had attempted to case or even vote a player i might expect that weird cognitive dissonance, but simply commenting accurately on something that people itt agree on somehow being treated as scummy is unusual

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Taste: "the sky sure is blue today"

Sherlock Holmes, thinking: *Yes, but to what benefit???? Must follow him closely...*

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote tremta

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i don't mind aggressiveness but it seems disproportionate to an offhand comment that apparently has been received before for the same reasons

didn't take much to hop off narc

Your "suspicion" is coming super out of left field and you are being dodgy for no goddamn reason. Why are you being dodgy, Fisk?

As for jumping off AN, I am very much willing to vote them further. Pointing that out means nothing. A vote isn't something that needs to be glued to a person till the end.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

the reaction to my comment about yami posting weirdly is collectively "yes, that's true, but you're scummy for pointing it out"

hm

Lol. Selective perception much?

And no, the reaction is to being mislynched for, again, extremely flimsy reasons, like say, what your post may very well be the beginning off. In Opus, nobody said anything about me being "off" until scum decided to dogpile me after I announced I was sleeping. Since the deadline is while I am sleeping, AGAIN, I don't want this to happen a second time.

My first game had town basically be nonexistent, and in the second game I got lynched, day 2, unable to defend myself.

I am pissed about that and don't want it to happen again.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am willing to accept part of my blowout on you is due to OMGUS and salt, but what Hal just said is the other part. If I'm scummy, I want to know why, not "you're scummy lol, and you're scummy for trying to defend yourself, too."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I've played many games with Anon and I don't think she is scum here.

Said anon's scumfriend cckeane

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
does the "they're not scum just terrible town" bit ever help anything ever

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jedit posted:

Piano Man
That lovely song by Billy Joel

I will fight you irl you scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Your "suspicion" is coming super out of left field and you are being dodgy for no goddamn reason. Why are you being dodgy, Fisk?

it's not out of left field. You yourself started this tantrum by complaining how people felt the same way about you before. You're a hyperposter in a smallish game, what do you expect?

quote:

As for jumping off AN, I am very much willing to vote them further. Pointing that out means nothing. A vote isn't something that needs to be glued to a person till the end.

What you're willing to do doesn't matter in games. What you do is the record by which people play.

quote:

And no, the reaction is to being mislynched for, again, extremely flimsy reasons, like say, what your post may very well be the beginning off. In Opus, nobody said anything about me being "off" until scum decided to dogpile me after I announced I was sleeping. Since the deadline is while I am sleeping, AGAIN, I don't want this to happen a second time.

My first game had town basically be nonexistent, and in the second game I got lynched, day 2, unable to defend myself.

I am pissed about that and don't want it to happen again.

I am willing to accept part of my blowout on you is due to OMGUS and salt, but what Hal just said is the other part. If I'm scummy, I want to know why, not "you're scummy lol, and you're scummy for trying to defend yourself, too."

I don't care why you're melting down, but I didn't call you scummy. If I thought you were scum, I would have voted you. Your projection has caused this whole fruitless derail.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol @ votes on taste

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

But honestly? I've seen Fisk in other games, and I've come to honestly dislike their posting style. They may just be aggrevating town.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes my initial reaction to the whole thing was that Yami was overreacting like all get out and that it seemed like a distraction from the Anon momentum. But people who have played with them in this legendary “last game” seem to think that’s normal.

I dunno I’m still working through this whole interaction

CapitalistPig posted:

Said anon's scumfriend cckeane

Exactly what CapitalistPig and Hal said is why I asked Keane for their opinion after this post.

CCKeane posted:

Anon is playing as Anon usually does. Jedit's reaction was whacky and disproportionate. I thought CPig's vote was weird myself, but Jedit's reaction seemed like it wasn't inclined to probing it.

I'd say Jedit is the best choice for today.

What is this post, except textbook deflection?

"This is just how Anon plays, people are overreacting, why don't we lynch this guy instead?"

I am suspicious of Keane and AN at the moment. AN for what I posted earlier, Keane because of that post that just reeks of deflection.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

also read this post history. If anyone's a scum vote today it ought to be him

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or maybe you dont want to vote for yami because you know hes town because youre scum get dunked on tremta is scum wrap it up

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

But honestly? I've seen Fisk in other games, and I've come to honestly dislike their posting style. They may just be aggrevating town.

##unvote

Exactly what CapitalistPig and Hal said is why I asked Keane for their opinion after this post.

"This is just how Anon plays, people are overreacting, why don't we lynch this guy instead?"

I am suspicious of Keane and AN at the moment. AN for what I posted earlier, Keane because of that post that just reeks of deflection.

WHAT

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's not out of left field. You yourself started this tantrum by complaining how people felt the same way about you before. You're a hyperposter in a smallish game, what do you expect?

What you're willing to do doesn't matter in games. What you do is the record by which people play.

I don't care why you're melting down, but I didn't call you scummy. If I thought you were scum, I would have voted you. Your projection has caused this whole fruitless derail.

Well excuse me for trying to put in effort. I'll lurk and be useless forever from now on, professor.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I would be happy with voting anon, yami, or chores today

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well excuse me for trying to put in effort. I'll lurk and be useless forever from now on, professor.

play however you like but accept that your posting will bring a response!

for example people dislike my terse posting very much sometimes, but I have accepted the yoke of being hated by boring old men on the internet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

incidentally yami please don't take my burns personally, if you've read my previous posting i'm sure you'll have seen I'm just generally incorrigible

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Whatever. I'm going to step out for the time being and cool off. Fisk's posting is aggrevating me too much.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

I'm going to stick with what I said earlier, I think AN is scum and Keane is trying to deflect for him. Keane's first content, so to speak, was to deflect for AN. Most of the content I prodded out of him. AN still hasn't said much worthwhile.

I'm all for lynching AN.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

mad@mafia

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CCKeane posted:

Jedit stuck out to me the most, and, of course, Alasdair and I are god confirmed masons (I carry him about on a basket on my back IRL) so there's that.

Reading a bit, b- 's posts are pretty sparse, there are like two meaningful posts, so that's not good. CPig is probably fine. DB is also a bit sparse but feels okay to me for now. I also just saw his post asking me about my Slamburger opinion's so: Slamburger's vote on Anon is garbage and bad, I don't think the posts before that are really relevant toward pointing to an alignment either way.
'

For DB.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I would be happy with voting anon, yami, or chores today

Why chores?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

##unvote

Oh, I see the problem you have.

You see I posted that post because I don't think Anon is scum, and I thought another player was scum, I hope that clears up the ambiguity.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

'

For DB.

Thank you, sorry I missed that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Okay I feel less like strangling fisk now.

Where has everyone gone?

Where has Mr F been, as a matter of fact? They have ONE post after game start, and it's saying "I have no idea what's going on.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

he might be in a federal penitentiary

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
full disclosure: this anon post pinged me pretty hard when I first read it, and I was considering voting him, but didn't have time to post/vote before I left for lunch.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I felt similarly about Jedit's post I think he was taking jokephase too seriously but idk if it deserves a vote yet.

Although deadline is tonight.

drat I hate day1. I wonder what the statistics are on lynching town vs scum on day 1.

When I came back after lunch, I saw he had four votes, all of which happened in a relatively brief period.

Slamburger posted:

The best way to get out of jokephase is to put serious votes on people, like for scummy stuff like equivocating on placing a vote. ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

oh my god is there anything more scummy than "aw shucks d1, i sure dont know what to do guysssssssss, aw shucks :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:" ##vote: AnonymousNarcotics

not gonna quote the whole thing, but Yami constructed a case against Anon and also voted.

CapitalistPig posted:

I am down with anon as well, best case we have going right now.
##vote anon

out of all of these, alasdair's seems the most suspicious to me. something about their posts feels off to me, cant quite articulate it right now. I keep going back and forth on Yami, but I'm leaning slightly towards town at the moment.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

b-minus1 posted:

out of all of these, alasdair's seems the most suspicious to me. something about their posts feels off to me, cant quite articulate it right now. I keep going back and forth on Yami, but I'm leaning slightly towards town at the moment.

ooooooh he seems suspicious ooooooh but im not gonna put a vote on him ooooooooh finger of suspicion ooooooooooh babys first mafia game

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lmao

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

ooooooh he seems suspicious ooooooh but im not gonna put a vote on him ooooooooh finger of suspicion ooooooooooh babys first mafia game

He doesn't believe that we are mod confirmed masons, I guess. :(

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think Fisk is taking advantage of Yami's inherent scumminess.

In what way?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I think Keane and Alasdair are scum pretending to be masons

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. F! posted:

I think Keane and Alasdair are scum pretending to be masons

Oh, hey, you're alive. Hi!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh, hey, you're alive. Hi!

Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016