Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I, too, am shocked that Vince always pushes the white blonde with a famous dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
For all the talk about the "four horsewomen" WWE has sure managed to gently caress up 3 of them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The four horsewomen are and always will be those MMA fighters they just signed, you're imagining any previous ones.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Julio Cruz posted:

For all the talk about the "four horsewomen" WWE has sure managed to gently caress up 3 of them.

They have the footage of the Brooklyn curtain call, the Wrestlemania 32 triple threat, and their debut on the main roster. WWE doesn't have to actually book them well as long as they have "moments" to show in a highlight reel about them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope they can include Bayley getting cheered for taking time off for an injury.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Charlotte's whole deal is that she's overwhelmingly awesome; that aesthetic doesn't work with MITB, which needs to go to someone clever and opportunistic or conniving and chickenshit. (Which is also why Braun shouldn't win it.) Yeah, Cena won it once, but that was to set up the champ he was cashing in on turning heel.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sami is lucky the crowd liked him as much as it did, a lot of guys would've been booed out of the building for that promo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Sami is lucky the crowd liked him as much as it did, a lot of guys would've been booed out of the building for that promo.

Spoilers said he was by the end, it was edited.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Next week bobby's sisters segment is going to die a horrible death. This stuff never works. The fact that alexa came out right after only hammers that home since she was the last one to pull that kind of segment.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what if bobby's sisters are a sexy vampire clan and their secret about bobby's past is that he's also a vampire

its about time wwe did blade

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I liked the week after This Is Your Life when they lampshaded it by having Kurt tell her how much it sucked and to never do it again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

shiksa posted:

what if bobby's sisters are a sexy vampire clan and their secret about bobby's past is that he's also a vampire

its about time wwe did blade

Uh Blade is only half-vampire and furthermore,

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
and then they feud with ember who leans more into her werewolf thing than her vampire thing to lockdown the inexplicable diehard underworld fan market.

e: alestair black debuts on the main roster as a dark vampire hunter whose mission is to destroy bobby lashley, thereby freeing his sisters as he was their originator.

e2: everyone in this feud will have the broods music

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 15, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

It's extremely funny how quickly they hosed Lashley up

Like gently caress, even Impact got Lashley right

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 15, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

"they're not really his sisters!" sami, the technically correct heel announces next week on raw, "they are metaphorically his sisters! as part of his secret vampire coven!" he gleefully tells the crowd, adopting his new persona as the renfield to bobby lashley's dracula.

help me i can't stop

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Monster, you drop men on they heads

Perhaps the same could be said of all wrestlers

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

"meet Bobby Lashley's Sisters, Abigail" Sami announces as three Bray Wyatts in drag come to the ring

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Low Desert Punk posted:

It's extremely funny how quickly they made hosed Lashley up

Maybe they're punishing him for loving up his finisher one too many times

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Why does management, which I assume means Stephanie, not want Roman as champ? Is the idea tha,t since he is a man of principle, he can't be controlled as easily as Brock who can just be bought?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Why does management, which I assume means Stephanie, not want Roman as champ? Is the idea tha,t since he is a man of principle, he can't be controlled as easily as Brock who can just be bought?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saint Freak posted:

Monster, you drop men on they heads

Perhaps the same could be said of all wrestlers

Give Dana Brooke the Library music and you’ve got loving gold.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

shiksa posted:

e: alestair black debuts on the main roster as a dark vampire hunter whose mission is to destroy bobby lashley, thereby freeing his sisters as he was their originator.

He inherits Yamaguchi-san’s katana and adopts a Vampire Hunter D gimmick.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

It's extremely funny how quickly they hosed Lashley up

WWE's hosed up Lashley both times they had him, and TNA didn't gently caress him up the only time they had him

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
How is Lashley WWEs fault.

He's had matches and an interview segment and all I can remember about the dude is he sucks at doing his own finisher and had a terrifying childhood.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Klauser posted:

He's had matches and an interview segment and all I can remember about the dude is he sucks at doing his own finisher and had a terrifying childhood.

bad booking is not the wrestler's fault

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Was there some overtly bad Lashley booking that I missed (entirely possible since I'm only half-paying attention) or is it just typical WWE holding pattern stuff? I feel like a bland filler role is okay for him at the moment, since fans will just revolt if the big muscleheaded dude from the mid-2000s goes straight into the main event (see Batista, early 2014).

bartok
May 10, 2006

For a guy who's promos are about how he's better than Brock because he's always on Raw willing to defend his yard the Big Dog doesn't have too many matches outside of PPVs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE's hosed up Lashley both times they had him, and TNA didn't gently caress him up the only time they had him

They had him twice and hosed him up badly the first time.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

bartok posted:

For a guy who's promos are about how he's better than Brock because he's always on Raw willing to defend his yard the Big Dog doesn't have too many matches outside of PPVs.

Uh do you have any idea how much time it takes to build cardboard walls and plan cheap shot sneak attacks like that?

He's done that the past 7 RAWs but nobody ever walked in front of them.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What did they do that worked the second time in TNA? Book him as a Brock style shoot monster?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They had him twice and hosed him up badly the first time.

*googles to double check* Oh yeah he was there in 2009, don't remember anything about that except I think he lost to Steiner, which I automatically assume was Good Because Steiner Won

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Presidente Trump to manage Bobby. We love Bobby do we?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

What did they do that worked the second time in TNA? Book him as a Brock style shoot monster?

Basically, and it turned out that he had real charisma as a cocky badass heel, so naturally WWE have turned him back into the same bland babyface he was in his last run with them.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Love him or hate him, you have to admit Roman is Committed to Attitude Shots and Plays to Need No

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

bad booking is not the wrestler's fault

Unless WWE made up his sisters, it’s a lot his fault.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

pressedbunny posted:

Ronda's a Special Attraction, Asuka speaks very little English, and Becky doesn't speak English the way WWE would like. So in terms of women WWE has who can be there every night and be a primary face of the company in that John Cena fashion, Charlotte's as good as they've got. Everyone else is either significantly sketchier/inconsistent in the ring or is a worse/inappropriate character (either by their own failings, thanks to their booking, or because WWE clearly has certain standards about who they want representing them to the outside world). WWE probably also has a sense that Charlotte will forever be loyal to the company; she's Natalya but with a more mainstream-famous name and hasn't farted on TV.

I'm not excited by Charlotte, but I completely understand why she's the de facto front of WWE's womens division. You couldn't make a more perfect poster child for WWE than Ric Flair's daughter who is dependable both in the ring and in front of outside press.

Despite the fact that she's pushed extremely hard, she still doesn't sell much merch and isn't a big draw.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 15, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave's point was a lot more nuanced. He thinks it is way too early and the wrong opponent. There's no story, you risk the crowd thinking she is being handed it, you lose out on the chase and then you get to Nia being the worst opponent. He sees Asuka as the right one for the obvious reasons and because she's worked with a lot of green wrestlers before so she might be able to keep things together if Ronda gets lost.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CobiWann posted:

Give Dana Brooke the Library music and you’ve got loving gold.

Yes but who gets this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOcT25ph9k

It's very important the best person gets this, the best music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

How biggus of a dickus does the Canis Biggus have???

• Locked thread