Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

In what way?

In the way a scum would target low hanging fruit. I think we touched on that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

It’s one of Keane and Alasdair

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

In the way a scum would target low hanging fruit. I think we touched on that already.

What makes lowbhanging fruit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. F! posted:

I think Keane and Alasdair are scum pretending to be masons

Seems unlikely that both are scum. However, I have noticed that alasdair refuses to play along with keanes mason claim. This was his first non-jokephase post from yesterday.

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

well this is just dumb joke phase atm. so i didnt actually miss anything.

Keane town, alasdair scum.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

b-minus1 posted:

Seems unlikely that both are scum. However, I have noticed that alasdair refuses to play along with keanes mason claim. This was his first non-jokephase post from yesterday.

Keane town, alasdair scum.

yes i showed up too late for it to be funny. also i dont have a single jokephase vote itt.

are you gonna vote for me sometime this century

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

yes i showed up too late for it to be funny. also i dont have a single jokephase post itt.

mafia edit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr. F! posted:

Four more votes, but I don't think Anon is a fruit.

The push on Anon feels stalled. I'm not sure there are any scum on him right now. The players on him I don't think are dumb enough to all hop on.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

Yami's posting is scummy for a veteran mafia player. My point being I think Yami's mafia naivete looks scummy but perhaps not so much in the light of Yami's experience (or lack thereof).

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Thus Yami is a choice pick for a D1 bandwagon

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dick Bastardly posted:

Thus Yami is a choice pick for a D1 bandwagon

Which nobody has bitten on, so why are you bringing it up?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jedit posted:

It's why I'm slightly suss of Fisk. I think Fisk is taking advantage of it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Jedit posted:

You know, I have to say, the wording of this is a bit weird considering you're voting me right now. Not saying you're trying to bandwagon me, but... It comes over weird to me :V

Either way, I think we should lunch AN at this point. A lot of the content has been centered around them, they have not provided much (if any) real content themselves - but were defended by both Keane and b-minus. I remember reading where that scum likes having their teammates deflect for them over going hard on their own defense, and really, neither of these defenses were really all that convincing to me. Keanes defense was as close to a textbook scum deflection as you can get, while b-minus only posted "I'm suspicious on the people voting you", except... never explaining why.

Lunching AN gives us information about both these players, epecially Keane.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

yes i showed up too late for it to be funny. also i dont have a single jokephase vote itt.

Lol. I didn’t realize I had to vote first just to get permission to say that I think you’re acting suspicious.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's why I'm slightly suss of Fisk. I think Fisk is taking advantage of it.

to be clear, you think that making an observation that everyone agrees with and not pursuing it in any capacity to drive a lynch is scummy

why

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol at chores vanishing into a puff of smoke

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Saying Simone is scummy and proposing another lunch on a presumably less scummy player is bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that literally didn't happen, though, so?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

Saying Simone is scummy and proposing another lunch on a presumably less scummy player is bad.

Is Simone someone's older username? Apparently Fisk is Taste or something. The nicknames are a bit confusing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i can see how yami's self destruction would have led you to think otherwise but the only thing i did was state what every other player apparently feels is self evident. that started the ball rolling

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he meant someone, i think.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fisk - taste
mr f - mags
hal - ecco
chores - dongsbot
cappig - merk
keane - mills

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Does you mean me or Fisk with that, DB? I honestly can't tell. I'm a non-native english speaker and I've had trouble parsing some of these posts. I had a post by Sal I was pretty confused by earlier too, but it's too late to bring it up now. :shrug:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Does you mean me or Fisk with that, DB? I honestly can't tell. I'm not a native english speaker and I've had trouble parsing some of these posts. I had a post by Sal I was pretty confused by earlier too, but it's too late to bring it up now. :shrug:

mafia edit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Keane. Are you and alasdair really mod confirmed masons

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

me, i'm sure

what's your native language?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yami's posting is scummy for a veteran mafia player. My point being I think Yami's mafia naivete looks scummy but perhaps not so much in the light of Yami's experience (or lack thereof).

According to Vote Finder this is Yami's 3rd game ever.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Is Simone someone's older username? Apparently Fisk is Taste or something. The nicknames are a bit confusing.

It's supposed to say "someone"

Auto-correct, phone posting at work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yami Fenrir posted:

Does you mean me or Fisk with that, DB? I honestly can't tell. I'm a non-native english speaker and I've had trouble parsing some of these posts. I had a post by Sal I was pretty confused by earlier too, but it's too late to bring it up now. :shrug:

Bring it up

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

that literally didn't happen, though, so?

Yami: Keane us evil, let's lunch AN.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yami: Keane is evil, let's lunch AN.

Edit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

oh, yeah I totally misread that as me doing it

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

me, i'm sure

what's your native language?

German. I essentially taught myself english via videogames before I had it in grade school. :shrug: I managed to get a certificate for it but occasionally it just fails me like this

SalTheBard posted:

According to Vote Finder this is Yami's 3rd game ever.

That is correct. I have a bunch of adjacent but not entirely fitting experience because I played a lot of Throne of Lies, which is a videogamified mafia (16 people, a cult+nightkill scum team with a serial killer is the base setup here). As such I know most of the basics, and due to reading a bunch of older games, I have a general idea of how to play forum mafia.

According to people in the first game I've played, this makes it pretty jarring, since I seem a lot more experienced in forum mafia than I really am. I have some ideas what to look for, but I am really used to what is essentially night action bingo (examples for this are stuff like when I went ham on Sal last game due to them being roadblocked and there being only one night kill, since I was used to two).

I don't have much faith in my cases, but I am trying to improve on them. Hence me making them a lot of the time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

Keane. Are you and alasdair really mod confirmed masons

I carry Alasdair around in a small basket on my chest and I haven't seen him try to hide his phone, which he usually does if he's trying to hide something so he's effectively mod confirmed.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dick Bastardly posted:

Uhm no. My point is, that both of them are likely evil, as in my mind Keane is covering for his scum buddy, AN. I am advocating lunching BOTH of them. AN has a bunch of traction already, so I remained on them. On top of that, lynching AN makes more sense - since Keane could be a false positive scum ping, due to me lacking meta knowledge.

As such, I want to lynch AN first, see if AN is scum, and if they are I would advocate lunching Keane.

SalTheBard posted:

Bring it up

It's this post:

SalTheBard posted:

Honestly despite allegedly "being right" about everything Yami's passing was super scummy in the last game We played together. Yami is also a new player.

I don't quite understand what you meant with "Honestly despite allegedly "being right" about everything" and the context of "Yami's passing was super scummy", is as closely as I can describe it?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Anon if you’re town we could really use your input right now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Uhm no. My point is, that both of them are likely evil, as in my mind Keane is covering for his scum buddy, AN. I am advocating lunching BOTH of them. AN has a bunch of traction already, so I remained on them. On top of that, lynching AN makes more sense - since Keane could be a false positive scum ping, due to my lacking meta knowledge.

As such, I want to lynch AN first, see if AN is scum like I think they are, and if they are I would advocate lunching Keane.

It's this post:

I don't quite understand what you meant with "Honestly despite allegedly "being right" about everything" and the context of "Yami's passing was super scummy", is as closely as I can describe it?

Mafia edit.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

In looking at the other votes on AN and the subsequent discussion, I think Alasdair looks the worst for committing and then easing back into shitposting. I would vote him today.

Also, AN has been avoiding the thread, maybe to prevent digging a hole, or hoping people move on to other targets. This isn't necessarily scummy and might just be self-preservation, but I'd like to hear some reads from her now that there is a good amount of real content.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Anon if you’re town we could really use your input right now.

Wait, this post seems a bit strange. Why were you so suspicious of people voting Anon earlier (with no explanation as to why):

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah I’m pretty sus of everyone who has voted for you.

If you're not sure if Anon is town or not? That's feels a bit odd to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

German. I essentially taught myself english via videogames before I had it in grade school. :shrug: I managed to get a certificate for it but occasionally it just fails me like this

No wonder you've been so aggressive to me, a gay jewish romani smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Jonathan Fisk posted:

No wonder you've been so aggressive to me, a gay jewish romani smh

Nah. I hate you because of your posts, not because of who you are.

• Locked thread