Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Only a radical militant collectivist society can come up with such a genius invention as the "all end piece" pan.

It's not "all end piece".

I'd like to tell you about something called muffin pans. That's far closer to the "all end piece" concept. :colbert:

Edit: of course it's not really a space saving sorta thing like you'd want on a spaceship. But I also argue that the wacky Martian pan design is something of wasted space as well compared to a regular sheet pan. I guess they can sacrifice marginal space savings for increased crew comfort/enjoyment. Gotta keep morale up.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can't abide a future where I am forced to eat end piece lasagna

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Dead Like Rev posted:

Not gonna lie i'd buy a Roci model

I'd buy every godamn poo poo from the show.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I laughed when I saw that because we already owned that sheet pan. My wife really likes brownie corners.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's alright, living on basic assistance you won't be eating much else beyond basic food substance product.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The future is roll ups.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have a feeling one of us isn't going to live to see the other's future

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Anderson Dawes' speech to Fred Johnson is really good.

That is the Earther in you...

Sankara fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 15, 2018

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Baronjutter posted:

Earth started with a 5:1 paper cup to space cup advantage, now it's down to 3:1 :(

Just quoting this because it made me laugh and I think it was a really good post.

404notfound posted:

UN is overpowered. All three of us were new to it, and MCR and Protogen got creamed.

Protogen seems like the high-risk high-reward faction, like I bet you start super weak but if you get left somewhat alone long enough you just wipe everyone out with protomolecule tech. It does sound fun.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Baronjutter posted:

Like who in classic trek? Cas is playing a new character not any previously seen classic trek dude.

I mean who the hell is Cas

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Cas Anvar, the actor who plays Alex

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The end bit is the best bit. I can prove it, mathematically.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mu Zeta posted:

Should have been a cross promotional deal with that brownie pan

Do they make these IRL? Because I've never seen one and I don't understand the appeal. I guess it'll allow for even servings on the horizontal axis?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

https://www.amazon.com/Bakers-Edge-Nonstick-Brownie-Pan/dp/B000MMK448

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toast Museum posted:

Paper cup??? Look at Mr. Moneybags over here. Folks on Basic are using biodegradable, technically edible cups that start falling apart if you let them sit for too long.
I love how much of the comedic lifting here is done by the "technically": a clearly underrated word!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do they make these IRL? Because I've never seen one and I don't understand the appeal. I guess it'll allow for even servings on the horizontal axis?

Yeah it's a brownie pan. The inventors were on Shark Tank trying to sell their next thing because sales were going down. Pretty much a gimmick item.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The part of the lasagna (or brownie) that touches the edges of the pan while it cooks gets this nice crispy crust on it. More edges, more crispy crust.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
And of course your low g space lasagna needs the extra structural support

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

I'm getting my hopes up for nothing and it's not gonna come back, right?
:argh:

e: :argh: :argh:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Myron posted:

I'm getting my hopes up for nothing and it's not gonna come back, right?
:argh:

e: :argh: :argh:

I'm considering the show gone until further notice, it's much less painful that way. now excuse me while I :f5: this thread incessantly

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

amos would do very well for himself as an armsman on a Rogue Trader

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

zeal posted:

in the heart of every liberal lurks a welwala

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
If Amazon doesn't spring for it, it'd be weird. Netflix figured out that their core audience likes scifi and is tailoring upcoming content to that. The audience is probably largely the same for Prime Video, so you'd figure Amazon has to do something similar. Assuming content rights aren't too hosed up, it's something on a silver platter, also considering the good will that comes with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Phenotype posted:

The part of the lasagna (or brownie) that touches the edges of the pan while it cooks gets this nice crispy crust on it. More edges, more crispy crust.

Yeah, it makes every brownie the worst part of the batch of brownies.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Combat Pretzel posted:

If Amazon doesn't spring for it, it'd be weird. Netflix figured out that their core audience likes scifi and is tailoring upcoming content to that. The audience is probably largely the same for Prime Video, so you'd figure Amazon has to do something similar. Assuming content rights aren't too hosed up, it's something on a silver platter, also considering the good will that comes with it.

I think the big question mark is less "is this what an audience wants" and more "this is an expensive show without a previously existing major IP attached and is unlikely to win awards or prestige on the scale of something like Handmaid's Tale." I agree that spending nearly a billion dollars to make a Lord of the Rings show could be a bomb, but producers get real squirrely about the combination of things going on in ordering a season of The Expanse.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I was gonna make a bunch of the MCRN coffee cups, but the mug to start with is a bitch to find in red, and absurdly expensive :\

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dead Like Rev posted:

Not gonna lie i'd buy a Roci model

Good news! They gave them out in a recent loot crate. Here's some eBay listings

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want a proper hyper-detailed kit with like photo-etch parts and all that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baronjutter posted:

I want a proper hyper-detailed kit with like photo-etch parts and all that.

Same. And official replicas of Miller's hat.

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

So the plane with the #SaveTheExpanse banner is going to be flying very soon, y'all should get active on Twitter if you have one around 1930 UTC with the #CantStopTheExpanse tag. More info here.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Six or so hours remain until close of business at Amazon HQ.

Set destruction tomorrow morning.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

spiderbyte posted:

So the plane with the #SaveTheExpanse banner is going to be flying very soon, y'all should get active on Twitter if you have one around 1930 UTC with the #CantStopTheExpanse tag. More info here.

I'll do anything for the expanse, but not willingly look at twitter :(

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
https://twitter.com/airadsworldwide/status/996474285689524224

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
toot toot

https://twitter.com/airadsworldwide/status/996474285689524224

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Well that's underwhelming. But kudos for following through on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How much money did that cost? Because that's awesome. Quite the step up from mailing packages of crackers.

spiderbyte
Nov 14, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

Well that's underwhelming. But kudos for following through on it.

whatd you expect? It was pretty cheap

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

For some reason I visualized those chemtrail writing in the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mu Zeta posted:

For some reason I visualized those chemtrail writing in the sky

That's a lot more than $4,000. :smith: