Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lmao I was thinking it was some sort of obscure Hebrew word or something

what the gently caress is a durag??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I'm obviously not surprised, but I think it's at least notable that the mainstream press is still extremely reluctant to criticize the IDF even after they killed a journalist.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
wasn't it like 6 journalists

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's been many journalists. you get a medal in the IDF for killing the most journalists

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

sad, failing, Washington Post (special aeronautical edition)

Jealous Cow posted:

I bet CNN is excited!

quote:

MH370 experts think they’ve finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight

quote:

They suspect that the plane's 2014 disappearance and apparent crash was a suicide by the 53-year-old Zaharie — and a premeditated act of mass murder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...=nl_most&wpmm=1

It’s pure baseless speculation.

Murgos posted:

My warning bells went off when it started "MH370 Experts". Not "Experts from the NTSB" or "Experts from an internationally appointed investigation committee" or etc... You know, something that would actually indicate they were experts.

Sagebrush posted:

is it really that difficult for people to believe "it crashed in the ocean and the ocean is really, really big and deep"

like there are hundreds of planes that have "disappeared" in the Bermuda triangle and that's only like 50 miles off the coast of Florida. the Pacific/Indian ocean is thousands of times larger and more desolate

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

an actual dog posted:

it's been many journalists. you get a medal in the IDF for killing the most journalists

The Adam Friedland Medal for Outstanding Achievement

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

is it time to talk about lithium ion batteries and air freight again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wasn't it like 6 journalists

it doesn't count if they're not a white westerner

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
was looking for something else and found gold

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/875165999858933761

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Lawman 0 posted:

How is this person gainfully employed

the NYT has always been competing with Fox News for the Zionist audience

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/_Saeen_/status/996402149977477121

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/996407523501584384

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it also extremely owns that bari weiss gets to poo poo all over her colleagues on twitter but they aren't allowed to talk back at all

some social media policy the NYT's got there

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Who did Bernie shoot?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/996752067019575297

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

nopantsjack posted:

Who did Bernie shoot?

Steve Scalise's rear end hole

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ptrmsk/status/996749360955346947

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/996619043959341056

2018 might very well kill Adam Johnson

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

"Israelis theoretically sad about deaths" is front-page news, huh?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the failing washington post

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacksonDiehl/status/996708631361064960

here's the first paragraph

quote:

ISRAEL AND Hamas have fought three wars in the Gaza Strip over the past decade, and though it may not look like the others, a fourth one is now underway. Having tried and failed to defeat Israel with rockets and armed cross-border attacks, Hamas this spring deployed a new strategy: assembling thousands of nominal civilians to march on and attempt to breach the border fence, in the calculation that many would be killed. The result would be a moral and political defeat for Israel — and perhaps some relief for a regime that is literally besieged from all sides.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

holy hell that's a ratio

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

"nominal civilians" jesus christ

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

here's the first paragraph

a REGIME

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

A fun question to unpack: what is a "moral defeat," exactly?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Goon Danton posted:

A fun question to unpack: what is a "moral defeat," exactly?

Israel is terrified of becoming the new South Africa.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

a story defending israel under the heading "democracy dies in darkness" is pure gold

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

For whatever reason I read every pro-Israel post or article in Netanyahu's voice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they could all be fairly neutral in their coverage and just continue on the "clashes" line but no they've decided to go all in defending israel instead lol

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Yeah, I was expecting a faux neutral "X killed as Gaza protests erupt into violence" line. Who was killed? Who was volent? Who knows!

But no, it's full on "they're making us murder them!" on all fronts.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

Sanders fans, sometimes referred to derogatorily as “Bernie Bros” or “Bernie Bots,” at times harassed reporters covering Mr. Sanders and flooded social media with angry posts directed at the “corporate media,” a term often used by the senator.

lol, that piece is basically entirely a "just asking questions" piece of propaganda against Sanders and the left.

Attitudes like this (listing "possibly an addict," or "mentally ill" for that matter, as something that would make a person "feel queasy about personal contact") are why, as an addict myself, I don't trust liberals. They might claim to care about stuff like treating opiate addiction, but on an emotional level they perceive addicts as some sort of filthy untermenschen.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 18:49 on May 16, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

lol, that piece is basically entirely a "just asking questions" piece of propaganda against Sanders and the left.

i see youre previously unfamiliar with the beat of new york times reporter yamiche alcindor

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Israel is terrified of becoming the new South Africa.

Actually I don't think "they" (being leadership) are terrified of that at all, it is now and has been for some time their goal to be an apartheid state.

Or :thejoke: perhaps

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

dont even fink about it posted:

Actually I don't think "they" (being leadership) are terrified of that at all, it is now and has been for some time their goal to be an apartheid state.

I think they mean in terms of getting isolated and sanctioned for it, and then finally having to change their policy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

dont even fink about it posted:

They want the apartheid state but they don't want to become an international pariah. It's the "international pariah" part that they're terrified of.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they already are an international pariah except for the US and the european far-right. the danger is that mainstream liberalism in america may turn against being likud's bootlickers. imo the only thing that has changed in recent years is that obama isnt there anymore since he was able to defuse a lot of anger of mainstream liberals against the right (not just wrt to israel but the right in general including and especially republicans) in exchange for his express ticket to billionaire island. he let bibi poo poo all over him for years and never hit back. it seems like likudniks are suddenly realizing that with obama gone and trump there theyre suddenly in danger of US liberals realizing that likud = trump

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 18:57 on May 16, 2018

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
the Atlantic: still sucks
https://twitter.com/theatlantic/status/996791733131403264?s=21
e: holy lol he quotes twitter replies to Bari Weiss' column

aware of dog has issued a correction as of 19:18 on May 16, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Where did liberals and conservatives get this idea that the left isn't allowed to insult people. That might not even be the point of the article but it's a thing in the uk because old white men are getting called gammon on twitter and it's the left being racist despite it being Twitter

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

large adult son posted:

a story defending israel under the heading "democracy dies in darkness" is pure gold

The "Democracy Dies in Darkness" thing is so hilarious. Like it amazes me they do that with a straight face. I imagine that their perception of the world is accompanied by a movie soundtrack or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

Where did liberals and conservatives get this idea that the left isn't allowed to insult people. That might not even be the point of the article but it's a thing in the uk because old white men are getting called gammon on twitter and it's the left being racist despite it being Twitter

I had to look up what gammon was and lmao. Having a face that looks like bacon-cured ham isn't a race.