Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

I just wanted you to know that I got this reference, and it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I live on the coast of the pacific so I am absoltely going to be killed in a colossal earthquake or tsunami one day, but I reserve the right to stick my nose up at anyone who chooses to live somewhere with a Tornado or Hurricane Season and acts bewildered when everything they own is destroyed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Krankenstyle posted:

lol nobody born after 1980 will ever retire

Sure I will! Soon as my powerball numbers come through!

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

lol why don't people just MOVE!!!

it's free to move right

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

it's free to move right

You buy a new house with the money you make by selling your old house so yes it's technically free.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

The geotag of Fayetteville is the cherry on the sundae

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

This amused me because Aziz Ansari actually is 35 right now. I assume he already saved up enough to retire since he's on a bit of a hiatus after the accusation in January.

Edit: and it looks like he just started doing stand-up again in NYC last week.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Krankenstyle posted:

Can confirm. Last thing I got in the mail from Social Security said I wouldn't get full benefits until 75 and I'll be lucky to live to 60 with my family medical history.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ages ago I saw a tweet that went something like

Me in 2006: As soon as I get a job I'm gonna max out my contributions to my IRA, even if the employer doesn't match it's still a good idea

Me now: Hopefully I'll get shot by a cop before I get sick

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
On the plus side, the way things are going the first world will be an even more hosed up & ravaged corporatist hellhole by the time we're elderly, so it won't even be embarrassing to be some kind of panhandling rag creature.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I can't wait for my retirement bullet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Krankenstyle posted:

Hey come on, don't be so negative.

Plenty of people born before 1980 won't ever retire either!

:smith:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I just hope I die after my mother does so she doesn't have to go through losing me. :smith:

(me being maudlin will make lots of folk happy, so it counts as a funny picture)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
My retirement plan is to teach full-time online instead of full-time in-person. That way, when I work myself to death, I'll just be a faceless digital grading entity to students and they won't be sad.

All things considered, I'm lucky for a millenial.

Here's something to lighten the mood:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I read that whole article and the two craziest things is that the average wedding costs $35,000 and a kid costs $350,000 to raise to age 18.

loving hell. Get married at the courthouse and don't have kids and you should be able to retire easily if everyone else is pulling off those insane expenses.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ccs posted:

I read that whole article and the two craziest things is that the average wedding costs $35,000 and a kid costs $350,000 to raise to age 18.

loving hell. Get married at the courthouse and don't have kids and you should be able to retire easily if everyone else is pulling off those insane expenses.

You still have to actually save that money though. So good luck

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

mysterious frankie posted:

On the plus side, the way things are going the first world will be an even more hosed up & ravaged corporatist hellhole by the time we're elderly, so it won't even be embarrassing to be some kind of panhandling rag creature.

The Futureworld Hellhole might institute a Logan's Run-style set of rules about aging so no worries about that! Although yes, we're barreling towards something more like Mad Max.

TontoCorazon posted:

I can't wait for my retirement bullet.

Fuckin' :lol:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ccs posted:

Children tend to make a fairly good safety net, though. Many an oldster has received more than $350,000 worth of elder care from their offspring (fair market prices).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/GOD_lovely_man/status/995602148036661249

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I would shank that qb in the parking lot

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Retiring is easy:

Be white, dont have kids, get a wealthy partner, don't live in america, make smart financial decisions in your 20s.

I don't see why this is so hard.

Seriously, though, bullets are dumb and messy. Retirement pills are the way to go.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/zandapheri/status/996527040353488896?s=21

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Seriously, though, bullets are dumb and messy. Retirement pills are the way to go.

Yeah but your retirement is supposed to be a blast.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Just save up enough retirement money to rent a supercar for an hour and drive off of a cliff into a river or some poo poo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

13Pandora13 posted:

Just save up enough retirement money to rent a supercar for an hour and drive off of a cliff into a river or some poo poo.

So, rent a Segway?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

lol if you’re not doing this on credit

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Why rent? Just steal the car from a rich gently caress. You're doing yourself a favor and giving material to the Schadenfreude thread.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/996255370451587072?s=21

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/996256018379214848

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
the lost animorphs chapters

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Therm Scissorpunch's sidekick, Pannazonick Vidface.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's a mootercycle.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sandoz posted:

it's free to move right

Oh you sweet innocent child :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

Joke's on you, their autonomous driving systems literally won't let you go off road. On the other hand, you stand a good chance of being able to throw yourself in front of an Uber.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

My Lovely Horse posted:

Joke's on you, their autonomous driving systems literally won't let you go off road. On the other hand, you stand a good chance of being able to throw yourself in front of an Uber.

Really? Because every other day there's a news item about how yet another person died in an accordion shaped coffin thanks to a super car's self driving systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

drat, Marmaduke got dark